Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,932 members, 7,828,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (971280 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by spicyboy(m): 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
na2day!:
[size=13pt]Welcome to i/0 2012
The Highlights
[/size]

Google has quietly updated the Play Store listing for the Galaxy Nexus GSM with a new, slightly lower price: $349.
Remember, this is unlocked, off-contract pricing.
The new listing page also shows the device running Jelly Bean which Google has promised will come to the Galaxy Nexus by mid July.

plz I need help here. I can't access google play on my tecno n7. I can only browse normally but can use any App. plz, can som1 help me out?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
Leopantro:

two things that cause this
1. earthing problems. the cheap components that was used to create motherboard have no where to discharge the excess charge

2. look at your charger. it is rated 2A ,500mah. it charges the tablet fast but 2A is over pumping it and it only has the screen as the discharge point

either you don't use it when it's charging or you get a lower amperes charger or use the USB port to charge it. don't use a Nokia charger on it when the charger spoils. though the pin will enter but the polarity is reversed. learnt that the hard way

one more thing, the charger doesn't even charge fast though it is rated 2A (output = 5V 2000mA)
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Ikonz(m): 12:11am On Jun 17, 2013
Great thanks to 4llerbuntu, Leopantro & others...u guys run diz thread real good, actually I dont know how to lay my case down without being a nuisance...

last time i was here, i came to seek info on android device that will be good to have, now I got one, I hope is ok?

HTC Inspire 4G, Android V2.3.3, Memory 768mb, Camera 8mp, i dnt knw wat kernel means but the version is 2.6.35.10-gd2564fb. Its dark brown wit at&t written at the back.

am actually new to android, just learning it, bt it doesnt have file manager, i cant even send/receive tins via bluetooth with my Nokia 5800. Can I upgrade it to JB? How? Wat does rooting mean?

How do I even browse with it? My etisalat said it can't be configured over the air, dat i shld visit their centre. Where do I download Android apps - games, wallpapers, themes,

actually am begining to get low spirit buying the phone cos notin seems to move fine yet, & the battery doesnt last long, just 1350mah or so (can i buy a higher battery?

help me out plss nairalanders, I beg & pardon my ignorance
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zpakln(f): 1:19am On Jun 17, 2013
My galaxy note charge port is faulty. I've tried a new charger on it, still not charging.

Please, can I actually get a replacement for the samsung galaxy note1 charge port USB connector flex cable?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zpakln(f): 1:32am On Jun 17, 2013
This is a pic of the galaxy note repair part im looking for. Please is there ah samsung's service center in ibadan? Na them go fit get this thing o cos i don search taya. please help!

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 2:47am On Jun 17, 2013
Ikonz: Great thanks to 4llerbuntu, Leopantro & others...u guys run diz thread real good, actually I dont know how to lay my case down without being a nuisance...

last time i was here, i came to seek info on android device that will be good to have, now I got one, I hope is ok?

HTC Inspire 4G, Android V2.3.3, Memory 768mb, Camera 8mp, i dnt knw wat kernel means but the version is 2.6.35.10-gd2564fb. Its dark brown wit at&t written at the back.

am actually new to android, just learning it, bt it doesnt have file manager, i cant even send/receive tins via bluetooth with my Nokia 5800. Can I upgrade it to JB? How? Wat does rooting mean?

How do I even browse with it? My etisalat said it can't be configured over the air, dat i shld visit their centre. Where do I download Android apps - games, wallpapers, themes,

actually am begining to get low spirit buying the phone cos notin seems to move fine yet, & the battery doesnt last long, just 1350mah or so (can i buy a higher battery?

YOU CAN GOOGLE FOR ETISALAT DEFAULT SETTINGS AND MANUALLY CONFIGURE UR DEVICE AND DOWNLOAD ES FILEMAN FROM PLAYSTORE.......
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nuel01(m): 3:51am On Jun 17, 2013
@zpakln, where is d samsung shop in ibadan located? I want 2 buy SGT2 n wat wld b d cost there compel 2 lagos. Tanx.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by rayshow(m): 6:13am On Jun 17, 2013
PLS ANYBODY TO HELP ME ON HOW TO ROOT MY AT&T LG ANDROID 2.2.2
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 7:22am On Jun 17, 2013
rayshow: PLS ANYBODY TO HELP ME ON HOW TO ROOT MY AT&T LG ANDROID 2.2.2
WHAT'S. PHONES NAME
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Smath(m): 7:46am On Jun 17, 2013
Can someone please help me on how i will root my Gionee D1 android 4.1.2......
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 9:04am On Jun 17, 2013
Ikonz: Great thanks to 4llerbuntu, Leopantro & others...u guys run diz thread real good, actually I dont know how to lay my case down without being a nuisance...

First things first, you need a data bundle/wifi connectivity to get your hands dirty(not literally). Again, this depends on the network you wish to use. To get the best of your phone's speed, please make sure you're within 3G coverage as EDGE kinda makes the experience a little boring.

Regarding the bluetooth problem, have you tried to pair both devices first? If you did, what error message did you get? I haven't had problems receiving stuff from different bluetooth devices.

Slow your roll on the OS upgrade cheesy, get a feel of the Gingerbread OS, play around with the menus till you are familiar with it.

Rooting? I think you need to have enough balls and know various fall-back plans to venture into this field. So take your time, don't rush..there's alot to learn.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zpakln(f): 10:35am On Jun 17, 2013
Nuel01: @zpakln, where is d samsung shop in ibadan located? I want 2 buy SGT2 n wat wld b d cost there compel 2 lagos. Tanx.
u sure say u read my post? cos i'm still anticipating an anwser to that too
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zpakln(f): 10:38am On Jun 17, 2013
help me get this piece! samsung galaxy note CHARGE PORT

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ikonz:

This is the AT&T version of the phone also called HTC Desire HD

Its a decent device. Its much better than buying any crap in the name of using android.

Its a Network Locked device (used to be but has been unlocked) Which is why AT&T is written on it.

Ikonz:
am actually new to android, just learning it, bt it doesnt have file manager,

File managers are a dime a dozen. This is not a source of worry.
You just need to visit the Play Store and download from the long list there.

The only OEM that bundles a file manager with the OS is samsung.

Ikonz:
i cant even send/receive tins via bluetooth with my Nokia 5800.

Well, i daresay that will probably be due to some other factor. Bluetooth is not restricted on android.

Ikonz:
Can I upgrade it to JB? How? Wat does rooting mean?

Official JellyBean, No because HTC did not update the phone to jellybean and since the RAM is less than 1GB, that could also be a limiting factor.

Unofficially via Roms Like CYanogenMod, maybe.

CyanogenMod is unofficial firmware based on direct google releases of android, and not the version you see on your phone presently.

The biggest difference is that they do not look the same.
CYanogenMod also has the advantage of being Lighter and running smoother than OEM roms.

however its a question of preference.

The reference page for you is http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1018

That link is for the XDA section for your phone.

AS ALWAYS, PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND WELL BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING WITH YOUR PHONE. CONVINCE YOURSELF AND ASK QUESTIONS

there is a CM10.1 (JellyBean) build for the phone anyway http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073997

Please learn how to manipulate and flash the phone properly before attempting anything

When you know what the phone is like, THEN TALK ABOUT ROOTING

Ikonz:
How do I even browse with it? My etisalat said it can't be configured over the air, dat i shld visit their centre.

You browse with it by subscribing to a data plan, then creating the APN yourself.
no need to go anywhere.

You need to go into the settings, locate the entry for mobile networks and APNS.

there you create a new one with

APN: etisalat

username : ,<leave blank>

password : <leave blank>

save this new Access point and choose it as the active plan.

(if you have been using a Nokia Phone this should not be an issue to you anyway!!!)

Ikonz:
Where do I download Android apps - games, wallpapers, themes,

You download them from the Google Play Store. There you find lots of free and paid games and apps

All you require is a gmail account. if you dont have one, open it on www.gmail.com Its free

Ikonz:
actually am begining to get low spirit buying the phone cos notin seems to move fine yet, & the battery doesn't last long, just 1350mah or so (can i buy a higher battery?

Stick to at least trying to learn how the phone works first.

you don't run before learning to walk.

The battery is of a low capacity, but like practically every other smartphone out there, we always want it to last longer. As for a higher capacity battery, im not very sure you can get.

Then again, Possibly the battery that comes with the phone is already weak!!

Higher capacity batteries are usually bigger in size and come with a new bulkier back panel. besides im not really sure u can still get for this device.

Google for it and make your choice. one thing i know is prices are usually high sha.

Rather than that, id suggest you buy a spare battery you can swap (that's if the battery is removeable)

Over time when you learn more about the platform, there are ways which you can manage the battery better
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by fadinus(m): 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
4llerbuntu:

This is the AT&T version of the phone also called HTC Desire HD

Its a decent device. Its much better than buying any crap in the name of using android.

Its a Network Locked device (used to be but has been unlocked) Which is why AT&T is written on it.

File managers are a dime a dozen. This is not a source of worry.
You just need to visit the Play Store and download from the long list there.

The only OEM that bundles a file manager with the OS is samsung.

Well, i daresay that will probably be due to some other factor. Bluetooth is not restricted on android.

Official JellyBean, No because HTC did not update the phone to jellybean and since the RAM is less than 1GB, that could also be a limiting factor.

Unofficially via Roms Like CYanogenMod, maybe.

CyanogenMod is unofficial firmware based on direct google releases of android, and not the version you see on your phone presently.

The biggest difference is that they do not look the same.
CYanogenMod also has the advantage of being Lighter and running smoother than OEM roms.

however its a question of preference.

The reference page for you is http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1018

That link is for the XDA section for your phone.

AS ALWAYS, PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND WELL BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING WITH YOUR PHONE. CONVINCE YOURSELF AND ASK QUESTIONS

there is a CM10.1 (JellyBean) build for the phone anyway http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073997

Please learn how to manipulate and flash the phone properly before attempting anything

When you know what the phone is like, THEN TALK ABOUT ROOTING

You browse with it by subscribing to a data plan, then creating the APN yourself.
no need to go anywhere.

You need to go into the settings, locate the entry for mobile networks and APNS.

there you create a new one with

APN: etisalat

username : ,<leave blank>

password : <leave blank>

save this new Access point and choose it as the active plan.

(if you have been using a Nokia Phone this should not be an issue to you anyway!!!)

You download them from the Google Play Store. There you find lots of free and paid games and apps

All you require is a gmail account. if you dont have one, open it on www.gmail.com Its free

Stick to at least trying to learn how the phone works first.

you don't run before learning to walk.

The battery is of a low capacity, but like practically every other smartphone out there, we always want it to last longer. As for a higher capacity battery, im not very sure you can get.

Then again, Possibly the battery that comes with the phone is already weak!!

Higher capacity batteries are usually bigger in size and come with a new bulkier back panel. besides im not really sure u can still get for this device.

Google for it and make your choice. one thing i know is prices are usually high sha.

Rather than that, id suggest you buy a spare battery you can swap (that's if the battery is removeable)

Over time when you learn more about the platform, there are ways which you can manage the battery better
Bros its not possible for the htc inspire 4G to recieve 3G/4G signals because its frequency band is not supported here in nigeria.

He should get a Desire hd instead.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Ikonz(m): 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
What !!!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Ikonz(m): 2:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
4llerbuntu:

My brother, I am so perpetually indebted to you! Thanks so much for the pains u took to help a brother, @F.k.O kazekage, thanks too

Now, what Fadinus said is freaking the hell out of me oh, is it true that I cant get 3G/4G network?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewerex(m): 2:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
Has any one got a link for pes 2013 apk file?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by tunamania(m): 5:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
pls if you get the link to the pes 2013 apk and data files pls share would like to download them together,one more issue please, i run cyanogenmod and my battery seems to be draining too fast compared to when it was the stock firmware running ,noticed so many apps running in the background from settings,do i have to keeo stopping them manually all the time?if not,help in this regard, and lastly,i think my phone secretly uploads to the cloud how can disable please ,thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by babsyussuf: 6:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
please can some one tell me where to go on HTC WILDFIRE A3333 For manual browsing configuration? thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
fadinus:
Bros its not possible for the htc inspire 4G to recieve 3G/4G signals because its frequency band is not supported here in nigeria.

He should get a Desire hd instead.

that is not true especially not on etisalat.

the phone specs support 3G on 850 and 1900 bands.

and those bands are on nigerian networks. I have a gsm router that supports just 850 band and it gets etisalat 3G quite fine.

I use that router at my workplace on the island btw

revise your assertion please.

and feel free to visit the HtC site and gsmarena for confirmation.

meanwhile the owner of the device can attempt to scan networks to see which ones the phone receives.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Ikonz(m): 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
4llerbuntu:

and those bands are on nigerian networks. I have a gsm router that supports just 850 band and it gets etisalat 3G quite fine.

meanwhile the owner of the device can attempt to scan networks to see which ones the phone receives.

I so much love this guy!

Talk about Certainty, talk about facts! U got my admiration brother!

I have started implementing those infos u gave me, wld surely get back to you
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by sidvinci(m): 10:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
Pls i want to upgrade my samsung i9300. The file for 4.1.2 is 833mb but its downloading at max of 6kb per second. Pls can i get another link to download it from apart from hotfile.com
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by fadinus(m): 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Bros, naija gsm operators transmits 3G frequencies at 2100 MHz, if ur gsm cannot receive 3G signals at 2100 MHz then you may not b able to receive 3G/4G signal here in Nigeria. I maybe wrong sha. Check out this link www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by tomiwa20(m): 1:29am On Jun 18, 2013
d inspire 4G will neva bring a 3g network in nigeria,i returned dis particular fone cos of d set back,i cant imagine browsing on egde here in nigeria wen 3g itself is kinda slow somethings. i tried all network b4 i returned it. its an hardware issue, no software upgrading will solve it. shekena.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:23am On Jun 18, 2013
Fair enough.

Did you try etisalat and glo on that phone?

Like I said. I was hoodwinked by one fool on nL to buy a 3G router that suppprts only 850 band 3G.

Etisalat gets 3G signal on that router. I always thought otherwise too.

Meanwhile if memory serves me right glo used to maintain 850 band too. I know because I used to own an america only samsung phone that only got glo signal back in the days.

AnywAys, its a moot point. The user ALREADY bought his phone before telling us. Its for him to confirm if this works or not
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by fadinus(m): 7:40am On Jun 18, 2013
tomiwa20: d inspire 4G will neva bring a 3g network in nigeria,i returned dis particular fone cos of d set back,i cant imagine browsing on egde here in nigeria wen 3g itself is kinda slow somethings. i tried all network b4 i returned it. its an hardware issue, no software upgrading will solve it. shekena.
true talk, i disposed mine too.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 7:46am On Jun 18, 2013
fadinus:
Bros, naija gsm operators transmits 3G frequencies at 2100 MHz, if ur gsm cannot receive 3G signals at 2100 MHz then you may not b able to receive 3G/4G signal here in Nigeria. I maybe wrong sha. Check out this link www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html

[s]Agreed, but on checking the phone spces i have to agree with 4llerbe, it is a quad-band phone and does support 2100mhz[/s]

my mistake, checked the specs of the desire hd instead of the inspire 4g, i agree, probably won't work on 3g in naija; but why are u peple even recommending a phone running a 2/3yr old os in this day and age anyway? Abeg if u want to change your phone, get one that came out this year or at least late last year
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LilMarshal1(m): 8:04am On Jun 18, 2013
Can i pls ask an off topic question. Somebody recently did the MTN magic sim for me but told me that I wasn't allowed to Call and Text. Is it true I find it kinda weird that people who did it don't call and text. Pls is it True ??
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:07am On Jun 18, 2013
^^^^
Point is, we are not recommending. At least I'm not.

The man already bought the device. He simply came here to inform us after he did.

Like I said..... read above again on why I think etisalat might havr 3G on the device.

Anyways he already bought it. U won't suggest he throws it away? Its not a bad learner phone for someone who does not even know what APN is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.