Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (971170 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 4:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
puskin: hmmmm.........this thread??
Whats with all this roforofo questions??

I'm starting to envisage someone would soon buy an Android device and come here and ask "Please how do I switch-ON my device"

or "which side of my tablet is the screen"?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
mr.foxx:
All of what you are saying seems like bluffing

If you cant help keep mute and deal with other pressing questions abeg...
Its not by force

and there u have it.

i rest my case
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
4llerbuntu:

and there u have it.

i rest my case

LoL! Just as you predicted.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2013
sometimes all they need to do is

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dabss(m): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2013
joeydozzy:

##shots fired grin grin grin
I think say na only me see am. grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ahmedgafar7(m): 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
viruz007: akinola1384: Pls guy in the house, what is the diffrent between tablet and android

How do i use my tecno Q1 to ping?

See eh i know it's good to ask something you don't know but doing a little research won't kill you. Most of us who know do research to know what we know. Biko dis r not d days of going to a cybercafe and waiting in line to browse. undecided U have ur phone and google looking at u. Make use of it abi wen u dey do ur final year project u know do research? #NoOffenseMeant

Meanwhile am still laughing from the questions. Me colleagues think am crazy... grin grin grin grin
STOP insulting dis guy,I'm sure there was a time in ur life u ‎ guyz didn't knw wat an android means.u said he should make research iz d question nt part of d research..enough said lipsrsealed
viruz007: akinola1384: Pls guy in the house, what is the diffrent between tablet and android

How do i use my tecno Q1 to ping?

See eh i know it's good to ask something you don't know but doing a little research won't kill you. Most of us who know do research to know what we know. Biko dis r not d days of going to a cybercafe and waiting in line to browse. undecided U have ur phone and google looking at u. Make use of it abi wen u dey do ur final year project u know do research? #NoOffenseMeant

Meanwhile am still laughing from the questions. Me colleagues think am crazy... grin grin grin grin
STOP insulting dis guy,I'm sure there was a time in ur life u ‎ guyz didn't knw wat an android means.u said he should make research iz d question nt part of d research..enough said
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 9:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
ahmedgafar7: STOP insulting dis guy,I'm sure there was a time in ur life u ‎ guyz didn't knw wat an android means.u said he should make research iz d question nt part of d research..enough said

yeah there was a time when we didn't know what android meant and we are advising him to do what we did - google/bing/search it up o. We keep referring to XDA when people talk about issues with their android devices. I don't know about anyone else here but i for one have never posted anything on XDA and God help you if you make a post before reading the rules of the forum or you post in the wrong forum. All the answers/solutions i've gotten from xda i've gotten by searching, not asking questions. Before they even answer your question they will first refer you to the rules and tell you to modify your post accordingly. So over here we are pretty polite.
That said, noone here knows it all, i can't remember how many times i've had to look up a certain issue on the internet, just so i can give someone a solution to an issue.
My point is, you say we should help the guy; i say before we can help the guy we would probably look up the solution to guy's problem (maybe i'm wrong, maybe there are some pros that have the answers on th tip of their fingers, but i'm not one of them). So if either way the solution gets searched online, then won't it have been better if the person first searched online before coming with a question?

And for the person asking about the difference between android and tablet, go to google.com, type: difference between android and tablet i'm sure you'll get enough answers and no one will laugh at you

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
blackweaver:

yeah there was a time when we didn't know what android meant and we are advising him to do what we did - google/bing/search it up o. We keep referring to XDA when people talk about issues with their android devices. I don't know about anyone else here but i for one have never posted anything on XDA and God help you if you make a post before reading the rules of the forum or you post in the wrong forum. All the answers/solutions i've gotten from xda i've gotten by searching, not asking questions. Before they even answer your question they will first refer you to the rules and tell you to modify your post accordingly. So over here we are pretty polite.
That said, noone here knows it all, i can't remember how many times i've had to look up a certain issue on the internet, just so i can give someone a solution to an issue.
My point is, you say we should help the guy; i say before we can help the guy we would probably look up the solution to guy's problem (maybe i'm wrong, maybe there are some pros that have the answers on th tip of their fingers, but i'm not one of them). So if either way the solution gets searched online, then won't it have been better if the person first searched online before coming with a question?

And for the person asking about the difference between android and tablet, go to google.com, type: difference between android and tablet i'm sure you'll get enough answers and no one will laugh at you

The perfect answer.
Well said, Bro........well said.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 11:24pm On Jul 08, 2013
Guru = noob + google + experience (plenty trial and error).

do not pretend to underestimate the power of google.

I do not like to be spoonfed. there is no knowledge that is not power.

but please remember that intelligence can never surpass common sense.

meanwhile, I noticed something odd on glo. I subscribed to the 10MB data plan by mistake. then installed an app of about 5MB. then wanted to download a 30MB file. Didn't do PAYU, but had enough credit. so I started downloading and got the file. its not constant; some days I can diwnload upto 100MB before it stops. other times 20MB. the key is not to break the download.

working on how to view an android screen on another android device SMOOTHLY
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3kay945(m): 3:51am On Jul 09, 2013
ahmedgafar7: STOP insulting dis guy,I'm there was a time in ur life u ‎ guyz didn't knw wat an android means.u said he should make research iz d question nt part of d research..enough said :-XSTOP insulting dis guy,I'm sure there was a time in ur life u ‎ guyz didn't knw wat an android means.u said he should make research iz d question nt part of d research..enough said

Pls, don't see it as insults, it's actually a challenge. Same thing happened to me when I got my Xperia android, I took up the challenge and stuff GOOGLE and Xda forums(more challenges here too)
But now, have being changing ROm and kernels as if na underwears. With the little I know, I can successfully unlock, root, flash on Xperia neo v, Without any errors or much difficult.

Hope those terms are not much for you to grab, I.e . root, flash etc. There are first step of learning. grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by nonny1212: 7:10am On Jul 09, 2013
I need someone to tell me more about this rooting stuff and how I could increase the internal memory of my tecno n3... Please reply?!?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 09, 2013
nonny1212: I need someone to tell me more about this rooting stuff and how I could increase the internal memory of my tecno n3... Please reply?!?

Guy you no dey read so? undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:55am On Jul 09, 2013
weird thing is at times i suspect its just trolling.

anyways is it that folks are now targeting emails for mining?

its becoming regular that folks send me a pm to get my mail. i reply and then nothing.

nothing dey dt mail address no waste ya time o
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 8:56am On Jul 09, 2013
3kay945:

Pls, don't see it as insults, it's actually a challenge. Same thing happened to me when I got my Xperia android, I took up the challenge and stuff GOOGLE and Xda forums(more challenges here too)
But now, have being changing ROm and kernels as if na underwears. With the little I know, I can successfully unlock, root, flash on Xperia neo v, Without any errors or much difficult.

Hope those terms are not much for you to grab, I.e . root, flash etc. There are first step of learning. grin

I learnt to root the galaxy note 2 before i got mine thanks to cnet's simple tutorial. Folks these days just hate searching for info. I wonder how they would've fared if they were born when Internet access wasn't available. Having to search through catalogues in a library.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by nonny1212: 9:05am On Jul 09, 2013
phoinix:

Guy you no dey read so? undecided
read wetin kwa
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:09am On Jul 09, 2013
4llerbuntu: weird thing is at times i suspect its just trolling.

anyways is it that folks are now targeting emails for mining?

its becoming regular that folks send me a pm to get my mail. i reply and then nothing.

nothing dey dt mail address no waste ya time o

I also get that problem. Didn't think much about it but just recalled that two guys I know had their email hacked. guess I wouldn't reply PMs for now.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2013
nonny1212: read wetin kwa

I give up.

2 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by doctorserah(f): 9:18am On Jul 09, 2013
Hey guys, good morning. I hv a little problem n I dnt know if dis is d appropriate forum for d solution bt am just hoping u guys will help. I subscribed for Mtn bis on Friday on my Samsung tab n since yday afternoon, I haven't been able to browse. D Internet connection sign is not even showing. Av tried everything, I even did a factory reset as som1 suggested, to no avail. Meanwhile, I only do fbk, whatsapp n opera mini n av not done any major downloads. Pls help.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by sheelay(m): 9:28am On Jul 09, 2013
doctorserah: Hey guys, good morning. I hv a little problem n I dnt know if dis is d appropriate forum for d solution bt am just hoping u guys will help. I subscribed for Mtn bis on Friday on my Samsung tab n since yday afternoon, I haven't been able to browse. D Internet connection sign is not even showing. Av tried everything, I even did a factory reset as som1 suggested, to no avail. Meanwhile, I only do fbk, whatsapp n opera mini n av not done any major downloads. Pls help.
Did u changed ur apn to blackberry.net?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by doctorserah(f): 9:51am On Jul 09, 2013
sheelay:
Did u changed ur apn to blackberry.net?
Yes I did.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 9:57am On Jul 09, 2013
doctorserah:
Yes I did.
change your apn to default and see if it's still not showing. If it does, it's the network
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by initialize(m): 10:13am On Jul 09, 2013
If u ain't smart, why buy a smart phone? An oversize shoe wouldn't fit. Go n replace it wit nokia 3310, it has auto on/off features.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 10:34am On Jul 09, 2013
ahmedgafar7: STOP insulting dis guy,I'm sure there was a time in ur life u ‎ guyz didn't knw wat an android means.u said he should make research iz d question nt part of d research..enough said :-XSTOP insulting dis guy,I'm sure there was a time in ur life u ‎ guyz didn't knw wat an android means.u said he should make research iz d question nt part of d research..enough said

Bros eh no vex. We live in an information age where information is readily accessible to you if you want it. I know many websites because of research i make everyday. Every gadget i have and item i have purchased with my sweat, blood and time, i do research before i get them. ciphoneix has seen my work & relaxation station so he can concur. People get to being good when the make the effort. U cld have gone to XDA and maybe do not understand what dey said den u now ask people here to simplify it for you. Honestly i can imagine the bros u say am insulting going to XDA to ask the question he asked, i dnt need to tell you what the response will be.

The white man says that if you wanna keep the black man in slavery, put information/knowledge in a book or in this case in plain sight. So when i push my fellow brother to do a little research, it's not cuz i can't help, it's cuz i wanna empower him. Cheers smiley cool
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lordspiritual(m): 11:01am On Jul 09, 2013
doctorserah: Hey guys, good morning. I hv a little problem n I dnt know if dis is d appropriate forum for d solution bt am just hoping u guys will help. I subscribed for Mtn bis on Friday on my Samsung tab n since yday afternoon, I haven't been able to browse. D Internet connection sign is not even showing. Av tried everything, I even did a factory reset as som1 suggested, to no avail. Meanwhile, I only do fbk, whatsapp n opera mini n av not done any major downloads. Pls help.

also change your network mode from 3G to 2G....happens to me on my samsung galaxy tab 2, like for 3 days in every month, MTN 3G just refuses to connect only edge....but the same sim card connects with 3G on my modem in dat same period its not connecting on the tab....im used to it now i guess...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lordspiritual(m): 11:03am On Jul 09, 2013

also change your network mode from 3G to 2G only (GSM only)....happens to me on my samsung galaxy tab 2, like for 3 days in every month, MTN 3G just refuses to connect only edge....but the same sim card connects with 3G on my modem in dat same period its not connecting on the tab....im used to it now i guess...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 11:54am On Jul 09, 2013
i think maybe we should adopt a stance that before answering any of these ridiculous questions that can be done with a simple search we should first ask the individual what searches he/she has made to find a possible solution then from there if it's a case of understanding then we can try to explain to the person in simpler terms
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 12:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
blackweaver: i think maybe we should adopt a stance that before answering any of these ridiculous questions that can be done with a simple search we should first ask the individual what searches he/she has made to find a possible solution then from there if it's a case of understanding then we can try to explain to the person in simpler terms
Agreed.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by doctorserah(f): 1:05pm On Jul 09, 2013
lord.spiritual:

also change your network mode from 3G to 2G only (GSM only)....happens to me on my samsung galaxy tab 2, like for 3 days in every month, MTN 3G just refuses to connect only edge....but the same sim card connects with 3G on my modem in dat same period its not connecting on the tab....im used to it now i guess...
Tnks for ur concern, I really do appreciate. I did all dt b4 posting my problem here. Bt I tried inserting d sim in my blackberry n it started working there. So I guess I should just leave it there.

And for those dt makes snide remarks when someone asks a question, jus bear in mind dt we can't all be "gurus" in all fields. Dt u know abt phones n computers doesn't mean dt u r knowledgeable in oda fields. Let's all try to be nice. #just saying#.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 1:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
Here we go. I wonder if folks actually read manuals though undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
doctorserah:
Tnks for ur concern, I really do appreciate. I did all dt b4 posting my problem here. Bt I tried inserting d sim in my blackberry n it started working there. So I guess I should just leave it there.

And for those dt makes snide remarks when someone asks a question, jus bear in mind dt we can't all be "gurus" in all fields. Dt u know abt phones n computers doesn't mean dt u r knowledgeable in oda fields. Let's all try to be nice. #just saying#.
If no one here provides the answers you so desperately seek, what then? Agreed, we all can't be gurus but most of what we now know, we spent mins/hours/days researching and some came with a price e.g. soft/hard bricked phones but we kept on researching.
Research first and when you're confused (rare cases) with the options Google throws in your face, come ask us.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lebenezer5(m): 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
pls can someone help me with info on how to root my tecno d3 pls can someone help me with info on how to root my tecno d3

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.