Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:02 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (975044 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Romeo386: 9:01am On Sep 11, 2013
Pls whenever i open my playstore, it always say 'Authentication is required. you should sign in to your google account' and my google account always tell me 'no connection' pls wat should i do?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by joanana(f): 9:34am On Sep 11, 2013
Yinkade: update so like 3 days ago i came to complain about the above...... well like i said i did my reasearch well and the fault is from samsung....their earlier note 2 16gb models have a particular chip called the insane chip will after 6-12 months use...the chip would affect the mother board and give it sDS the suddden death syndrome and it happened to my fone....so well y'all that use a note 2 should download an app called eMMC checker from play store....then run it from the info displayed it would tell you if your fone is prone to the sds....if it does then u shld start planning cos the fone would most likely die a sudden unexpected death....anywaiz i went to samsung care at xxxxx......an assistant attended to me in a rude manner....but i overlooked it...she took my phone...checked the imei number...and said my phone has a uk warranry and not a nigerian warranty....those guys at affordables sold me a phone with uk warranty in nigeria....(Ps...I did not call affordables care cos i knew it was story i would hear and i needed the phone asap).....so the babe told me it would cost 36k....l did not have 36k so i was about walking out..when one of the engineers went outside...i sharply blocked the guy....explained to him as omo boy na begged and begged...the nigga agreed 18k...i was like fine he shld do it.....funny thing was that a friends note had the same sds two weeks ago and he took the fone there they said they did not have the part available...his fone was under warranty so they were gonna do it for free....so when this engineer toom my phone i was skeptical that i would get a call later that they did not have the part....so well today i got a call that my ohine was ready...was really excited tho....met up with the guy and paid him off...now the fone is back........and the good news is that i checked the chip with that app and its a SAne CHIP this time....so my note is back and better....just thought i should share with you guys

Sorry about ya phone n thank God that its better now. One question plz... is ur Galaxy Note 2 branded? cos affordables are fond of selling branded phones to ignorant Nigerians, they tried it with me when i wanted to buy my Samsung Galaxy S3 but i demanded for the International Version. Anyway, exactly what happened to ur Note 2, same thing happened with my Samsung Galaxy S2 AT&T 4months after i got the phon n i didnt find it funny at all.

Note: Please anyone that want to buy any phone at all be it BB, Sony, Samsung etc at AFFORDABLES OR SLOT, Plzzzzzz demand for the International Version of the phone, do not fall prey to these wolves in affordables n slot. They will try to convince you that its is the same thing... plz ignore n demand for the international version, or get your money back from them. wink
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:10am On Sep 11, 2013
quivah:

yeah its off like have said,, but outta desperation I still tried logging in with my phone..and funny enough,the reply I got was "invalid password/username".. though when I tried logging in with the same password/username using another phone..the login was successful..my guess: the invalid pw/un i Was gettung on my phone might be due no data connection

Lool!! Its alright . ..

You cannot login to an online account without data whether via mobile or wifi. or am i missing something?

and yes, the error you will receive for anything related to account login is "invalid password/username"
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:11am On Sep 11, 2013
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 10:35am On Sep 11, 2013
Yinkade: errr I was running a custom kernel bro...and the issue is not a software issue.....I did my research so I am sure

What kernel were you running? I know redpill fixed that
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by quivah(f): 10:35am On Sep 11, 2013
4llerbuntu:

You cannot login to an online account without data whether via mobile or wifi. or am i missing something?
ok!!! Shhhhhh bro.. i'm not daft I know what I did and saw..i tried logging in to my gmail account,it displayed "loading" which ran for some few secs,and invalid blah blah was what i got!! I know i cant login to an online forum without a data connection!! But mine loaded and i got the invalid ish which i believe is as a result of the no connection..thanks for the contribution..

[quote=4llerbuntu]and yes, the error you will receive for anything related to account login is "invalid password/username"[/quote]
and how was I able to login with the same password/username using another phone?!!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 11, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Please if your data connection is off, how do you then propose to login into an online account?

Anyway, let me mind my business. next thing is i will get insulted

one of the reasons i flash MIUI ROMS is that you'll be given an option to activate wifi settings
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Yinkade(m): 11:48am On Sep 11, 2013
joanana:

Sorry about ya phone n thank God that its better now. One question plz... is ur Galaxy Note 2 branded? cos affordables are fond of selling branded phones to ignorant Nigerians, they tried it with me when i wanted to buy my Samsung Galaxy S3 but i demanded for the International Version. Anyway, exactly what happened to ur Note 2, same thing happened with my Samsung Galaxy S2 AT&T 4months after i got the phon n i didnt find it funny at all.

Note: Please anyone that want to buy any phone at all be it BB, Sony, Samsung etc at AFFORDABLES OR SLOT, Plzzzzzz demand for the International Version of the phone, do not fall prey to these wolves in affordables n slot. They will try to convince you that its is the same thing... plz ignore n demand for the international version, or get your money back from them. wink
Its unbranded actually they sold a branded one to me initially....i knew cos the fone usually showed 03 on start up....had to take it back after...i shouted at them ehn...they had tp replace it immediately....its always important to ask for the internetional version....but even them international versions are the ones that come with uk warranty
ciphoenix:

What kernel were you running? I know redpill fixed that
i was using the devil kernel....but then even people that installed the redpill still had the issue....i read it on xda and like i said its not a software issue
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
seun we need a facepalm emoticon. REALLY LARGE FACEPALM EMOTICON.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME WITH A MEME OR GIF......

quivah:
ok!!! Shhhhhh bro.. i'm not daft I know what I did and saw..

i don't recall saying u were daft. care to quote where that happened?

quivah:
i tried logging in to my gmail account,it displayed "loading" which ran for some few secs,and invalid blah blah was what i got!! I know i cant login to an online forum without a data connection!!

Curious.
Lets get this straight. your phone does not have a data connection

gmail exists online as far as i know.

you try to login into gmail on that your data-less phone and got an error message.

please what do you think made it impossible to login to an online account on this your phone?

quivah:
But mine loaded and i got the invalid ish which i believe is as a result of the no connection..thanks for the contribution..

K.

This is the part i get insulted right? smiley smiley smiley

quivah: and how was I able to login with the same password/username using another phone?!!

Err, did this other phone also not have data or it had data connection?

[size=3pt]it really does help to be smarter than ones phone[/size]
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Awhyxlim(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2013
guyz pls help..i wnt to get an android phone (any brand)except tecno dat runs on os 4.0 or 4.2 & ve got just abt 30k-36k to spend..pls anyone with a genuine advice sud please help me out
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by quivah(f): 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2013
4llerbuntu: blah blah blah..

Thanks!! Your message has been passed...move on with your itk attitude please..btw,thanks for the small font sized insult..it was necessary.

Now...I need someone who can help me with my phone's problem..please!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Awhyxlim(m): 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2013
& please how will you know if you are given an international version or d oda version...wats d difference
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by quivah(f): 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2013
Awhy_xlim: guyz pls help..i wnt to get an android phone (any brand)except tecno dat runs on os 4.0 or 4.2 & ve got just abt 30k-36k to spend..pls anyone with a genuine advice sud please help me out
for me,i'd go for gionee e3..

2 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by tjfm: 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
pls i ve a android phone wish i connect to a computer and since then it is not comming up wen it get to a particula place it will just stop and will just waith there
pls what can i do to mke it work
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
quivah:
Thanks!! Your message has been passed...move on with your itk attitude please..btw,thanks for the small font sized insult..it was necessary.

for som reason, i love this post.. u are one mature gal.. JUST HOPE UR PHONES TURNS OUT AIGHT...

4ller, e don do na, abeg ?? lets help her..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
Awhy_xlim: guyz pls help..i wnt to get an android phone (any brand)except tecno dat runs on os 4.0 or 4.2 & ve got just abt 30k-36k to spend..pls anyone with a genuine advice sud please help me out
GIONEE E3, OR THL W100
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by quivah(f): 1:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
deejay_harry1: for som reason, i love this post.. u are one mature gal.. JUST HOPE UR PHONES TURNS OUT AIGHT...

thanks bro!... haven't been with my phone since morning but have forwarded your last message to the person with the phone..i'm yet to get his message ever since.
But i'm kinda sure,its been solved..cause he would have called to let me know it dint work..hes prolly enjoying the phone...called him some mins ago,all he said was"chill jor"
I just pray I guessed right..miss my phone!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
tj_fm: pls i ve a android phone wish i connect to a computer and since then it is not comming up wen it get to a particula place it will just stop and will just waith there
pls what can i do to mke it work

next time give it transport money so when it gets to that particular place, instead of waiting there it will get down and enter a cab to get back to you.

go to school and learn how to write well, you will not. It's 2go, facebook,twitter and writing "k" you know well. just look at the rubbish you wrote

3 Likes

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by coolest01(m): 1:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
Leopantro:

next time give it transport money so when it gets to that particular place, instead of waiting there it will get down and enter a cab to get back to you.

go to school and learn how to write well, you will not. It's 2go, facebook,twitter and writing "k" you know well. just look at the rubbish you wrote
heheheehhehe lwkmd gringrin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2013
Leopantro:

Funniest post I've read in a while
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
Leopantro:

lwkmd... lol...

d guy don brick him phone, but how to write am na wahala..
lol...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2013
Leopantro:

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
Yinkade: Its unbranded actually they sold a branded one to me initially....i knew cos the fone usually showed 03 on start up....had to take it back after...i shouted at them ehn...they had tp replace it immediately....its always important to ask for the internetional version....but even them international versions are the ones that come with uk warranty i was using the devil kernel....but then even people that installed the redpill still had the issue....i read it on xda and like i said its not a software issue

interesting,
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
Leopantro:

I laughed till I cried grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bedfordng(m): 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
quivah: hi peeps!! I need your help.. my brother played with my phone which was locked. He tried the pattern till I was being asked to login to my gmail acct.
Thing is,my data connection is off.. logged in my acct using another person's phone but I dint see anyany message regarding my phone issue.
Though my data connection is off,i still tried logging in with my phone...but invalid username Or password is what i'm getting!!
I use a zte blade... can youguys help me out?.. the phone's been locked since 2days ago now
you will need to factory reset the phone but that would remove all your stuffs in your phone and i know you wouldn't want to start downloading heavy apps.i will give you a trick to just remove the pattern lock without wiping your phone but first, have you rooted the phone
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2013
quivah:
Thanks!! Your message has been passed...move on with your[b]I TOO KNOW[/b] attitude please..btw,thanks for the small font sized insult..it was necessary.

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bedfordng(m): 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2013
zungwe93:

ok, pls how do i go about it. help
you can either use lucky patcher or titinium backup latest version if your phone is rooted.if you are using titinium backup, open it and click backup and restore tab, then long press on any app you wish to move to sd card, you will see the option to do that after you long press.if using lucky patcher, just open it and click on the app, you will see an option to move app to sd at the down right corner.but if your phone is not rooted, then download appmgr iii from play store
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
deejay_harry1: for som reason, i love this post.. u are one mature gal.. JUST HOPE UR PHONES TURNS OUT AIGHT...

Hian. you wey like the post, oya na... u have the floor. explain how to login to gmail without internet.....
and how factory reset via recovery is the ideal solution for a noob just to access the phone.

story when be say e no even sure say e align.... na today? cheesy cheesy cheesy

what is even more funny is u should read what preceded that post and draw ur conclusions. you are a bright boy grin grin

u can only help person who wants to be helped. and apparently sarcasm is lost on this thread when applied.

exactly how what i posted became insult i dunno. pls educate me.

I kuku said it when i put my mouth that i would get insulted. so i cant fit to vex. when u stay here long enough you will understand. Leopantro used to doubt me.... i think he knows better these days
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Hian. you wey like the post, oya na... u have the floor. explain how to login to gmail without internet.....
and how factory reset via recovery is the ideal solution for a noob just to access the phone.

story when be say e no even sure say e align.... na today? cheesy cheesy cheesy

what is even more funny is u should read what preceded that post and draw ur conclusions. you are a bright boy grin grin

u can only help person who wants to be helped. and apparently sarcasm is lost on this thread when applied.

exactly how what i posted became insult i dunno. pls educate me.

I kuku said it when i put my mouth that i would get insulted. so i cant fit to vex. when u stay here long enough you will understand. Leopantro used to doubt me.... i think he knows better these days
4ller i for say make the spirit of TECNO posses u and ur family.. but tht would be goin extreme o .. lol..

i caught d glimpse of ur sarcasm na... but apparently she didnt. she even proclaimed u were tryin to intimidate her with ur spirit of ITK...lol...

lol... na just hard resett jeje i guide her do ooo... lol. i no talk say person yab anybody oooo...

hian...... see me see gbege ooo
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
Leopantro:

Guy u funny nor b small grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by quivah(f): 5:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
deejay_harry1: ....
All his replies made it seemed i'm dumb and I was a liar!!... why would I lie when all I needed was a help?!...anyways,thanks bro!
My phone is back..
Kindly tell that dude to mind his business btw! I'm hating cheesy him already..
Seriously !! I was angry with my phone while someone here was playing sarcastic!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.