Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:09 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (977803 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by v3: 9:55am On Sep 10, 2013
Has anyone figured out a way to make GAEproxy (10gb daily limit) to work?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by proxylandlord: 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
My fone has superuser in it. Cos I bought it as UK used . Please does dt mean d fone has been rooted before? Am asking because am contemplating rooting d fone so I can use Droidvpn and tun.ko on it.
And is it possible for me †̥
Root d fone again even if it has been rooted before ?

Thanks for helping out.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
proxylandlord: My fone has superuser in it. Cos I bought it as UK used . Please does dt mean d fone has been rooted before? Am asking because am contemplating rooting d fone so I can use Droidvpn and tun.ko on it.
And is it possible for me †̥
Root d fone again even if it has been rooted before ?

Thanks for helping out.
go download root checker from playstore.. and wit it, u can check if ur phone has been rooted or not
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
v3: Has anyone figured out a way to make GAEproxy (10gb daily limit) to work?
INSTEAD WAITING FOR THAT...Y NOT TRY OPENVPN...IT'S VERY FAST N JUST FOR N500 A MONTH
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bedfordng(m): 2:16pm On Sep 10, 2013
zungwe93: weldone gurus on this site.
I seriously need help with my n3. The free space in my sd card is 6+ GB while internal memory is 13mb, i sd card as installation location. now when i want to install new app i get notice "app can not be installed free some space" i dont know what to do.
some one should help.
by default, all apps installed on android phones, goes to the internal memory.in other for you to move installed apps and data, you will need to do some tweaking when using most of the move, ink2sd apps.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2013
F.K.O:
INSTEAD WAITING FOR THAT...Y NOT TRY OPENVPN...IT'S VERY FAST N JUST FOR N500 A MONTH
Pls how do i go about it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zungwe93: 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2013
bedfordng: by default, all apps installed on android phones, goes to the internal memory.in other for you to move installed apps and data, you will need to do some tweaking when using most of the move, ink2sd apps.

ok, pls how do i go about it. help
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by quivah(f): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2013
hi peeps!! I need your help.. my brother played with my phone which was locked. He tried the pattern till I was being asked to login to my gmail acct.
Thing is,my data connection is off.. logged in my acct using another person's phone but I dint see anyany message regarding my phone issue.
Though my data connection is off,i still tried logging in with my phone...but invalid username Or password is what i'm getting!!
I use a zte blade... can youguys help me out?.. the phone's been locked since 2days ago now
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
quivah: hi peeps!! I need your help.. my brother played with my phone which was locked. He tried the pattern till I was being asked to login to my gmail acct.
Thing is,my data connection is off.. logged in my acct using another person's phone but I dint see anyany message regarding my phone issue.
Though my data connection is off,i still tried logging in with my phone...but invalid username Or password is what i'm getting!!
I use a zte blade... can youguys help me out?.. the phone's been locked since 2days ago now
u'd have to hard reset ur phone... thtz d only way out..

to hard reset...

turn off ur phone..

then while turned off, long hold the up volume button and the power button together..for like 30secs... make sure e reach 30 ooo...

hold them together till u see a pic of an android laying dead..

then press ur power button just once...

with ur volume button scroll to reset and wipe data, then press the powerbutton to choose it...

wait till reset is complete..

then choose go back..

scroll to reboot phone now and voila all new..

note u will loose all installed files on ur phone .. ur phone will just be like brand new...

for future safety, do not use maze lock again on ur phone , nor password lock... just use normal lock..

GOODLUCK..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by wozup: 6:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
tnx 4 ur hard work bro may God reward u, pls hw do i delete all back up i made in recorvery mode. I did sme back up wen i wanna instal custom rom bt i dnt knw hw to delete it afta sestored them cuz i noticed it consumed space on my sd card. Tnx.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
wozup: tnx 4 ur hard work bro may God reward u, pls hw do i delete all back up i made in recorvery mode. I did sme back up wen i wanna instal custom rom bt i dnt knw hw to delete it afta sestored them cuz i noticed it consumed space on my sd card. Tnx.
go to ur sdcard , and locate the folder named clockworkmod recovery.. ur recovery should be in a folder inside there... but back it up on a pc or ur email befor deleting it ooo...

u will really need it incase of any time u are ever bricked....
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Yinkade(m): 7:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
Yinkade: i was texting with my samsung galaxy note 2 and the phone suddenly tripped off.....i removed the battery and inserted it back it did not turn on and i started noticing that the back of the phone id getting hot........guys pls is there any samsung store that fixes stuff like this or is thr phone finally dead?....googled some stuff came up with some results that it might be the board of the phone..................ermmm 4llar,leopantro..guys pls is there any hope?
update so like 3 days ago i came to complain about the above...... well like i said i did my reasearch well and the fault is from samsung....their earlier note 2 16gb models have a particular chip called the insane chip will after 6-12 months use...the chip would affect the mother board and give it sDS the suddden death syndrome and it happened to my fone....so well y'all that use a note 2 should download an app called eMMC checker from play store....then run it from the info displayed it would tell you if your fone is prone to the sds....if it does then u shld start planning cos the fone would most likely die a sudden unexpected death....anywaiz i went to samsung care at xxxxx......an assistant attended to me in a rude manner....but i overlooked it...she took my phone...checked the imei number...and said my phone has a uk warranry and not a nigerian warranty....those guys at affordables sold me a phone with uk warranty in nigeria....(Ps...I did not call affordables care cos i knew it was story i would hear and i needed the phone asap).....so the babe told me it would cost 36k....l did not have 36k so i was about walking out..when one of the engineers went outside...i sharply blocked the guy....explained to him as omo boy na begged and begged...the nigga agreed 18k...i was like fine he shld do it.....funny thing was that a friends note had the same sds two weeks ago and he took the fone there they said they did not have the part available...his fone was under warranty so they were gonna do it for free....so when this engineer toom my phone i was skeptical that i would get a call later that they did not have the part....so well today i got a call that my ohine was ready...was really excited tho....met up with the guy and paid him off...now the fone is back........and the good news is that i checked the chip with that app and its a SAne CHIP this time....so my note is back and better....just thought i should share with you guys
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by wozup: 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2013
deejay_harry1: go to ur sdcard , and locate the folder named clockworkmod recovery.. ur recovery should be in a folder inside there... but back it up on a pc or ur email befor deleting it ooo...

u will really need it incase of any time u are ever bricked....
tnx so much 4 reply, buh is dr a way to unbrick bricked android? I have bricked samsung GT S5660.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by quivah(f): 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2013
deejay_harry1: u'd have to hard reset ur phone... thtz d only way out..

to hard reset...

turn off ur phone..

then while turned off, long hold the up volume button and the power button together..for like 30secs... make sure e reach 30 ooo...

hold them together till u see a pic of an android laying dead..

then press ur power button just once...

with ur volume button scroll to reset and wipe data, then press the powerbutton to choose it...

wait till reset is complete..

then choose go back..

scroll to reboot phone now and voila all new..

note u will loose all installed files on ur phone .. ur phone will just be like brand new...

for future safety, do not use maze lock again on ur phone , nor password lock... just use normal lock..

GOODLUCK..
Thank you bro! But have tried these steps before... each time I press the power+voldown buttons together all I get is a display name FTM .. that's quite unusual cause my phone doesn't display such..on a normal power on.. have tried the power+volup buttons but that doesn't work instead my phone starts normally..

I haven't seen any android laying dead pic.. just the FTM..
PS; I use zte-blade not tecno..do you think the brand could be the p ?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
Yinkade: update so like 3 days ago i came to complainedabout the above...... well like i said i did my reasearch well and the fault is from samsung....their earlier note 2 16gb models have a particular chip called the insane chip will after 6-12 months use would affect the mother board thtas the suddden death syndrome and it happened to my fone....so well y'all that use a note 2 should download an app called eMMC checker from play store....then run it from the info displayed it would tell you if your fone is prone to the sds....if it does then u shld start planning cos the fone would most likely die a sudden unexpected death....anywaiz i went to samsung care at xxxxx......an assistant attented to me in a rude manner....but i overlooked it...she took my phone...checked the imei number...and said my phone has a uk warranry and not a nigerian warranty....those guys at affordables sold me a phone with uk warranty in nigeria....(Ps...I did not call affordables care cos i knew it was story i would hear and i needed the phone asap).....so the babe told me it would cost 36k....l did not have 36k so i was about walking out..when one of the engineers went outside...i sharply blocked the guy....explained to him as omo boy na begged and begged...the nigga agreed 18k...i was like fine he shld do it.....funny thing was that a friends note had the same sds two weeks ago and he took the fone there they said they did not have the part available...his fone was under warranty so they were gonna do it for free....so when this engineer toom my phone i was skeptical that i would get a call later that they did not have the part....so well today i got a call that my ohine was ready...was really excited tho....met up with the guy and paid him off...now the fone is back........and the good news is that i checked the chip with that app and its a SAne CHIP this time....so my note is back and better....just thought i should share with you guys

thanks for the update. I know you arw excited in getting your note back but could you please write in full English next time. Reading what you wrote gave me a headache but I persevered. I remember buying a Samsung tab for someone and the salesgirl sent the IMEI to a number with my phone and got a reply confirming registration of the tab. don't know "affordables" but you can try to register it. Sadly, I deleted that text.
congratulations on getting it back so fast. I know of a friend's tab that spent 4 months in their hands while waiting for "parts"
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
quivah:
Thank you bro! But have tried these steps before... each time I press the power+voldown buttons together all I get is a display name FTM .. that's quite unusual cause my phone doesn't display such..on a normal power on.. have tried the power+volup buttons but that doesn't work instead my phone starts normally..

I haven't seen any android laying dead pic.. just the FTM..
PS; I use zte-blade not tecno..do you think the brand could be the p ?
lol.. i dont use tecno either.. and it works for me

and repeat same step again, once it shows the FTM display, just press the power button and the send button... ..

or 2nd step, long press d powerup and volume up button when off.. even if it displays d logo like ur phone wants to boot normally, keep holding d buttons, till it boots u to the cwm recovery... p.s THE SECOND STEP IS D ONE I THINK WOULD WORK..

goodluck...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
wozup:
tnx so much 4 reply, buh is dr a way to unbrick bricked android? I have bricked samsung GT S5660.
yea... there iz...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by wozup: 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
deejay_harry1: yea... there iz...
plz bro, i beg u teach me how d fone is nt mine it blng to ma frnd i bricked when trying to instal clockwod recorvery. Tnx.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
please guyz, my tecno m3 just fell inside water. I
picked it up immediately nd it was still functioning.
Two minutes later d buttons nd touch weren't
responding. I decided to reboot. It totally offed but
wen it was to turn on, i.e the reboot menu, it was in
chinese. I den removed d battery, cleaned everywhere nd put it back. I tried to on it but it
would only vibrate bt nothing displays. I nid help
pls.
Now, about 3 hours later, the whole touch screen z
not working again. I nid help plssssss.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
suxxman: please guyz, my tecno m3 just fell inside water. I
picked it up immediately nd it was still functioning.
Two minutes later d buttons nd touch weren't
responding. I decided to reboot. It totally offed but
wen it was to turn on, i.e the reboot menu, it was in
chinese. I den removed d battery, cleaned everywhere nd put it back. I tried to on it but it
would only vibrate bt nothing displays. I nid help
pls.
Now, about 3 hours later, the whole touch screen z
not working again. I nid help plssssss.
somtyms i wonder, hw pipz think oo..

u need help on?? isnt it obvious u should take it to repairs?? prolly tecno calcare can help u, cox ur touchpad is dead... so take it to ur calcare...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
deejay_harry1: somtyms i wonder, hw pipz think oo..

u need help on?? isnt it obvious u should take it to repairs?? prolly tecno calcare can help u, cox ur touchpad is dead... so take it to ur calcare...

Hey watch it. We ain't fighting.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 10:44pm On Sep 10, 2013
Yinkade: update so like 3 days ago i came to complain about the above...... well like i said i did my reasearch well and the fault is from samsung....their earlier note 2 16gb models have a particular chip called the insane chip will after 6-12 months use...the chip would affect the mother board and give it sDS the suddden death syndrome and it happened to my fone....so well y'all that use a note 2 should download an app called eMMC checker from play store....then run it from the info displayed it would tell you if your fone is prone to the sds....if it does then u shld start planning cos the fone would most likely die a sudden unexpected death....anywaiz i went to samsung care at xxxxx......an assistant attended to me in a rude manner....but i overlooked it...she took my phone...checked the imei number...and said my phone has a uk warranry and not a nigerian warranty....those guys at affordables sold me a phone with uk warranty in nigeria....(Ps...I did not call affordables care cos i knew it was story i would hear and i needed the phone asap).....so the babe told me it would cost 36k....l did not have 36k so i was about walking out..when one of the engineers went outside...i sharply blocked the guy....explained to him as omo boy na begged and begged...the nigga agreed 18k...i was like fine he shld do it.....funny thing was that a friends note had the same sds two weeks ago and he took the fone there they said they did not have the part available...his fone was under warranty so they were gonna do it for free....so when this engineer toom my phone i was skeptical that i would get a call later that they did not have the part....so well today i got a call that my ohine was ready...was really excited tho....met up with the guy and paid him off...now the fone is back........and the good news is that i checked the chip with that app and its a SAne CHIP this time....so my note is back and better....just thought i should share with you guys

If you were running on a custom kernel you wouldn't have had that problem in the first place
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
[quote author=wozup]
plz bro, i beg u teach me how d fone is nt mine it blng to ma frnd i bricked when trying to instal clockwod recorvery. Tnx. simply go to google and search for how to unbrick ur fone. i guess u need an odin flasher to do dat. androidhardwares.com will help too
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 10, 2013
wozup:
plz bro, i beg u teach me how d fone is nt mine it blng to ma frnd i bricked when trying to instal clockwod recorvery. Tnx.
simply go to google and search for how to unbrick ur fone. i guess u need an odin flasher to do dat. androidhardwares.com will help.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
zion32: If you have a nandroid backup,restore it in cwm recovery,or better still flash stock rom using odin.
fanks bro, my fone is back.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Yinkade(m): 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
ciphoenix:

If you were running on a custom kernel you wouldn't have had that problem in the first place
errr I was running a custom kernel bro...and the issue is not a software issue.....I did my research so I am sure
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by stevalos555: 3:32am On Sep 11, 2013
Please I need help !! My gionee infinity can't enter stock recovery mode any longer because I tried to flash cwm recovery img frm another source. Please any one with the stock rom or recovery img should help me please. I can even pay for it? I've searched the internet inside out, nothing!....
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:30am On Sep 11, 2013
quivah: hi peeps!! I need your help.. my brother played with my phone which was locked. He tried the pattern till I was being asked to login to my gmail acct.

[size=18pt]Thing is,my data connection is off.[/size]. logged in my acct using another person's phone but I dint see any message regarding my phone issue.

[size=18pt]Though my data connection is off[/size],i still tried logging in with my phone...but invalid username Or password is what i'm getting!!

I use a zte blade... can you guys help me out?.. the phone's been locked since 2days ago now

Please if your data connection is off, how do you then propose to login into an online account?

Anyway, let me mind my business. next thing is i will get insulted
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by quivah(f): 7:55am On Sep 11, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Please if your data connection is off, how do you then propose to login into an online account?

yeah its off like have said,, but outta desperation I still tried logging in with my phone..and funny enough,the reply I got was "invalid password/username".. though when I tried logging in with the same password/username using another phone..the login was successful..my guess: the invalid pw/un i Was gettung on my phone might be due no data connection

4llerbuntu: alright , let me mind my business. next thing is i will get insulted
Lool!! Its alright . ..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by quivah(f): 7:56am On Sep 11, 2013
deejay_harry1: lol.. i dont use tecno either.. and it works for me

and repeat same step again, once it shows the FTM display, just press the power button and the send button... ..

or 2nd step, long press d powerup and volume up button when off.. even if it displays d logo like ur phone wants to boot normally, keep holding d buttons, till it boots u to the cwm recovery... p.s THE SECOND STEP IS D ONE I THINK WOULD WORK..

goodluck...

thanks much bro! Will do that when I get hold of the phone..

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.