Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,469 members, 7,843,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (973801 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2012
monkvirus:
But i tried logging/configuring the device with my gmail account, but it's telling me unable to open connection to server.
Please what can i do to log in with my g mail successfully so as to be able to download apps .
Thanks.

try another mail app like k9mail or Sth. If not, then try and open another gmail account
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2012
joeydozzy:

try another mail app like k9mail or Sth. If not, then try and open another gmail account
I tried another gmail accountand it worked, but wen i open Google play, it wont work, it will give message like this (You must add an account to the device to continue. Do you want to add one now?) and wen i choose yes, it will just close.
Please how do i add an account to the device?
Thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2012
monkvirus:
I tried another gmail accountand it worked, but wen i open Google play, it wont work, it will give message like this (You must add an account to the device to continue. Do you want to add one now?) and wen i choose yes, it will just close.
Please how do i add an account to the device?
Thanks.

try downloading another play store. uninstall that one, open your opera or uc browser and search for one
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
joeydozzy:

try downloading another play store. uninstall that one, open your opera or uc browser and search for one
The funniest thing is that i can even download any of those browsers not to talk of using it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
monkvirus:
The funniest thing is that i can even download any of those browsers not to talk of using it.

don't you have stock browser or sth. use someone's phone, laptop, anything
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2012
monkvirus:

Is it a custom ROM that is currently installed on the phone........if YES......the ROM has a bug with the GAPPS package......flash another ROM.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:48pm On Oct 01, 2012
Just wipe cache for Google framework and playstore.

I don't think any thing is wrong with the gapps else they would be force closing.

If that fails look for a flashable gapps package for gingerbread and flash it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 10:22pm On Oct 01, 2012
4llerbuntu: Just wipe cache for Google framework and playstore.

I don't think any thing is wrong with the gapps else they would be force closing.

If that fails look for a flashable gapps package for gingerbread and flash it.

@monkvirus.......try this first
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ikechukz(m): 4:58am On Oct 02, 2012
running android on my laptop,very interesting
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 10:37am On Oct 02, 2012
puskin:

@monkvirus.......try this first
Pls the andriod fone i just bought is displaying (cyanogen(mod)7) and i was told dat that was as a result of it being upgraded and the os is 2.3.7 i dont know how true is dat or is the fone a fake?
Thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:26am On Oct 02, 2012
monkvirus:
Pls the andriod fone i just bought is displaying (cyanogen(mod)7) and i was told dat that was as a result of it being upgraded and the os is 2.3.7 i dont know how true is dat or is the fone a fake?
Thanks.

Dude, please clam down and explain yourself properly.

there are too many holes in your story its beginning not to make sense.

first you said you dont have a browser, then its no Google Play, now its the "new" phone you just bought that is displaying Cyanogenmod 7.

if you do need help, try to do better than all these tripe
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2012
4llerbuntu:

Dude, please clam down and explain yourself properly.

there are too many holes in your story its beginning not to make sense.

first you said you dont have a browser, then its no Google Play, now its the "new" phone you just bought that is displaying Cyanogenmod 7.

if you do need help, try to do better than all these tripe
Well brother, it's like this, i bought a Htc mytouch 3g on saturday, and i was told by the guy whom i bought it from dat i should download Andriod market or google play store to av access to unlimited download.
I tried downloading the stuff and after doing so, it refused to work. I would say add account to device, do u want to add acct, & i clicked yes, but the app did not prompt me any where, so my frnd so i managed to add my gmail account. but the google play store would still tell me to add acct. But on monday my frnd using d same fone came around to help me resolved d issue, but contrary to wat i was thinking he said d fone was not an original fone, and he showed me some evidences. i cant download any thing it will tell me to add account, wen booting it will show a is cyanogen(mod)7 logo and also d wi-fi signal strength is very poor compared to wat my frnd is using.
i am even confused, so dats y it seems as if i am sayin nonsense .
pls i need ur help.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:04pm On Oct 02, 2012
interesting news.

i thought i'd share,

i offer no support, you are O.Y.O.

but it is fun eh wink wink wink http://www.buildroid.org/blog/?page_id=121

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltadM2qRmoM
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2012
monkvirus:
Well brother, it's like this, i bought a Htc mytouch 3g on saturday, and i was told by the guy whom i bought it from dat i should download Andriod market or google play store to av access to unlimited download.
I tried downloading the stuff and after doing so, it refused to work. I would say add account to device, do u want to add acct, & i clicked yes, but the app did not prompt me any where, so my frnd so i managed to add my gmail account. but the google play store would still tell me to add acct. But on monday my frnd using d same fone came around to help me resolved d issue, but contrary to wat i was thinking he said d fone was not an original fone, and he showed me some evidences. i cant download any thing it will tell me to add account, wen booting it will show a is cyanogen(mod)7 logo and also d wi-fi signal strength is very poor compared to wat my frnd is using.
i am even confused, so dats y it seems as if i am sayin nonsense .
pls i need ur help.

google your imei. open your phone, remove the battery and google the imei. if ur fone is real, it shld give you a valid responce of your device.

if your device is real, what has happened is that the person who sold it to you had earlier flashed a cyanogenmod 7 build on it, one which by your account is buggy.

what you then need to do is flash the stock OS back on it. i see from google it seems to be froyo.

BTW is the phone branded? does it have T-mobile or AT&T or any carrier logo on it?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2012
4llerbuntu: interesting news.

i thought i'd share,

i offer no support, you are O.Y.O.

but it is fun eh wink wink wink http://www.buildroid.org/blog/?page_id=121
Ok if u cant help, pls just help me answer some questions, is cyanogenmod 7 the new andriod os based on jelly something?, and how do correct the ( you must add account to download0.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2012
monkvirus:
Ok if u cant help, pls just help me answer some questions, is cyanogenmod 7 the new andriod os based on jelly something?, and how do correct the ( you must add account to download0.

reading is a skill. acquire it.

which of the pictures is your phone?

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 12:27pm On Oct 02, 2012
4llerbuntu:

google your imei. open your phone, remove the battery and google the imei. if ur fone is real, it shld give you a valid responce of your device.

if your device is real, what has happened is that the person who sold it to you had earlier flashed a cyanogenmod 7 build on it, one which by your account is buggy.

what you then need to do is flash the stock OS back on it. i see from google it seems to be froyo.

BTW is the phone branded? does it have T-mobile or AT&T or any carrier logo on it?

I checked the IMEI in the fone and guess wat? the IMEI no in d fone is different from d one written at d back of the fone and both said your search did not match any documents..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 12:32pm On Oct 02, 2012
4llerbuntu:

reading is a skill. acquire it.

which of the pictures is your phone?

Am sorry i didnt know u were not talking to me.
The second pics is my fone, but just a little diff about d os i mean d themes( is it a default theme or downloaded?)
Bur mine is black.
And is branded T.MOBILE.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2012
monkvirus:

It is not a new andriod OS and it is not based on Jellybean. CyanogenMod 7 is a custom ROM.....stripped of all the bloatware associated with stock ROMs and also, performance enhancing features have been added to the ROM to give it a faster, smoother, cooler look and feel. You can just term it, a HYBRID ROM.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2012
monkvirus:
Am sorry i didnt know u were not talking to me.
The second pics is my fone, but just a little diff about d os i mean d themes( is it a default theme or downloaded?)
Bur mine is black.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=658

i guess its gonna be difficult to get the stock os (i dont really have the time)

but wait let someone who uses HTC come tutor u on how to flash HTC phones.

you will get all the information and Custom Roms you need from that link.

Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by BlackBaron: 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2012
HTC One X +... with 1.7GHz Tegra 3 CPU, larger 2,100mAh battery, expanded 64GB of storage.

Now why not release this instead in the first place. One X battery life was shite but with the One X+ increased capacity,I would gladly trade my current phone for that.

Even though, it lacks an sd card, 64gb is enough...
Oh and screw nvidia too for sealing exclusives with devlopers hence not catering to non-tegra 3
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2012
@monkvirus....since you CM7 installed.....try to reboot ur fone......it should prompt you......select "recovery" and press ok.........tell me wat U see after that.

Now before you do anything......I suggest U read that link posted by 4ller very well.......know everything written about ur fone well.
Then, we can take it from there.........unless you want someone else to help you with the flashing
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 1:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
puskin:

It is not a new andriod OS and it is not based on Jellybean. CyanogenMod 7 is a custom ROM.....stripped of all the bloatware associated with stock ROMs and also, performance enhancing features have been added to the ROM to give it a faster, smoother, cooler look and feel. You can just term it, a HYBRID ROM.

Nah wha oooo, but d guy lied to me that dat was the latest andriod os. may be datz y d google play store has been telling me u must add acct to be able to download.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2012
puskin: @monkvirus....since you CM7 installed.....try to reboot ur fone......it should prompt you......select "recovery" and press ok.........tell me wat U see after that.

Now before you do anything......I suggest U read that link posted by 4ller very well.......know everything written about ur fone well.
Then, we can take it from there.........unless you want someone else to help you with the flashing

Well thanks bro, but i think i'll have to return d fone and collect a new one or probably another type of fone.
I realy appreciate all ur concern and help. Thanks.
But i'll let u know the outcome.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:46pm On Oct 02, 2012
monkvirus:
Well thanks bro, but i think i'll have to return d fone and collect a new one or probably another type of fone.
I realy appreciate all ur concern and help. Thanks.
But i'll let u know the outcome.

official os and instructions

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-mytouch-3g-slide-tmobile/software-updates
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2012
monkvirus:
Nah wha oooo, but d guy lied to me that dat was the latest andriod os. may be datz y d google play store has been telling me u must add acct to be able to download.

Ur confusing yourself, when U buy a new Android, or flash a ROM, you must tie the phone to a gmail account before you can access Google play and use some of the OS features.

Well, since ur already having some minor problems with the fone, I concur with U on returning it.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewerex(m): 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2012
Theboynextdoor:

Did you try to flash your phone? if yes....

Then you need to re-install your Rom.....
pls head to samfirmware.com to download the recent 2.3.6 official Rom for your galaxy ace... its the phone I'm using.

download and re-install via ODIN.

its very easy.... you can do it yourself.

Pls i have been able to get this two files u ask me to dawnload on my system,how do i make use of them because i have try to do it but culd not do it pls help
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
puskin:

Ur confusing yourself, when U buy a new Android, or flash a ROM, you must tie the phone to a gmail account before you can access Google play and use some of the OS features.

Well, since ur already having some minor problems with the fone, I concur with U on returning it.
i think wat u mean by tie the fone 2 a gmail account is adding an account to the fone, which i have done the very first day i bought and even by account (gmail) is already configured to d fone meaning any where u see mail icon on d fone menu it's my account u'll open, but wen i tried using google play store, it'll always tell me i must add an acct to be able to use d app.
well like i said, i'll returen ot and collect another one or probably another type of fone entirely, but wen i do so i'll let u know.
Thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 03, 2012
ewerex:

Pls i have been able to get this two files u ask me to dawnload on my system,how do i make use of them because i have try to do it but culd not do it pls help

Ok sir.... you are almost there......

First I will assume you have downloaded the most recent 2.3.6 stock Rom for your galaxy ace..

Secondly you will need to download SAMSUNG USB DRIVER. and ODIN from the same place you down...Pls try this link.... www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-S5830&pcode=0&os=1&type=1#firmware

ODIN is in the flash program column,while USB DRIVER is in the drivers column.

or you download ODIN from here if the above link doesn't work... hotfile.com/dl/139469656/bacc820/OdinDownloader_v4.38.rar.html

After you have downloaded the ODIN and USB DRIVER... pls click here for pictural instruction and and how to do it.

enzag.com/technology/android/how-to-upgrade-samsung-galaxy-ace-s5830-to-gingerbread-2-3-6/

and most importantly Back up all your contact and other info... cos your phone will be blank as New after upgrade.

feel free to buzz me if you need further info..... pereira3g@gmail.com

have a nice day sir and welcome to Gingerbread on your galaxy Ace.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewerex(m): 12:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
Theboynextdoor:

Ok sir.... you are almost there......

First I will assume you have downloaded the most recent 2.3.6 stock Rom for your galaxy ace..

Secondly you will need to download SAMSUNG USB DRIVER. and ODIN from the same place you down...Pls try this link.... www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-S5830&pcode=0&os=1&type=1#firmware

ODIN is in the flash program column,while USB DRIVER is in the drivers column.

or you download ODIN from here if the above link doesn't work... hotfile.com/dl/139469656/bacc820/OdinDownloader_v4.38.rar.html

After you have downloaded the ODIN and USB DRIVER... pls click here for pictural instruction and and how to do it.

enzag.com/technology/android/how-to-upgrade-samsung-galaxy-ace-s5830-to-gingerbread-2-3-6/

and most importantly Back up all your contact and other info... cos your phone will be blank as New after upgrade.

feel free to buzz me if you need further info..... pereira3g@gmail.com

have a nice day sir and welcome to Gingerbread on your galaxy Ace.

thanks a lot. i will let you knw if i need any more help am working on it now
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Haydon1: 5:45am On Oct 04, 2012
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 7:49am On Oct 04, 2012
4LLER, LYNXNOON,PUSKAS,TEXAZPETTE

Between Xperia ARC and Xperia RAY, which should a brother get?

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.