Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:04 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (976873 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2012
4llerbuntu:

i do these tricks on my x10i. since when does resolution have anything to do with porting? pick a CM rom as a base (preferably one built with sources for your processor and GPU), edit your .jar files, apply your hacks and tweaks, recompile.

it cant be an issue considering that merely changing DPI in the buildprop will give you an entirely different resolution anyway,

my other phones are not to serve as guinea pigs for now.

edge/2g connectivity is entirely due to the network. i have found that nigerian networks have really poor edge and 2g services, understandable considering that their 3G is barely passable. its not due to android. still you may apply network tweaks to your build.prop, but i usually dont see them make much of a difference in naija. try setting google DNS sha, that helps

still having troubles with dpi on my build prop. It force closes so much but why you dey steal people Rom? grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2012
puskin:

U dey follow the XDA CM10 thread @all........Well, I can comfortably tell U that this ain't........If interested, flash the 7th Oct. CM10 zip

how about battery life? hope they've improved on that
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 3:04pm On Oct 12, 2012
joeydozzy:

how about battery life? hope they've improved on that

Very excellento...........thats the first thing I test for sef before deciding to use any ROM as my daily driver.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
puskin: Please.......when dem make me moderator for this section.

Jeez...... shocked shocked shocked
Hello, please i need your help on this, whic is better, htc mytouch 3g or htc hd7?
i need reasons 9advantages and disadvantages.
Thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAvIt0(m): 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2012
please guys do you know the tweak to show battery percentage on droid status bar.?

@4ller yu b boss for this thang
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2012
DAvIt0: please guys do you know the tweak to show battery percentage on droid status bar.?

@4ller yu b boss for this thang

CYANOGENMOD has this built in. if u run a cm rom, look for the settings

if not, if u want to do it yourself, use the kitchen @ http://uot.dakra.lt/
easiest choice, u have to extract your framework.jar and upload it, pick your mods and apply, then download the zip for flashing. its self explanatory at the site.

or just install battery doctor from the market, it will give u a percentage icon on the status bar, actually therer are lots of apps that do this, but this one has some great features in the app anyway grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAvIt0(m): 6:25pm On Oct 12, 2012
4llerbuntu:

easiest choice, u have to extract your framework.jar and upload it, pick your mods and apply, then download the zip for flashing. its self explanatory at the site.

or just install battery doctor from the market, it will give u a percentage icon on the status bar, actually therer are lots of apps that do this, but this one has some great features in the app anyway grin grin grin grin grin grin

oooh Thanks for the quick reply brov
pls is it xperia mini pro yu use?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 6:26pm On Oct 12, 2012
4llerbuntu:

Hello, please i need your help on this, whic is better, htc mytouch 3g or htc hd7?
i need reasons advantages and disadvantages.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2012
monkvirus:

Thanks.

Use gsmarena and do the comparison.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by monkvirus(m): 7:03pm On Oct 12, 2012
puskin:

Use gsmarena and do the comparison.
But i need facts and advise from gurus like u.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAvIt0(m): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2012
tnx @4ller followed steps but unable to upload files seems flash plugin needed and which droid browser got it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ridlaw(m): 7:45am On Oct 13, 2012
Pls I have a samsung galaxy s3 with Android OS, v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and wld like to upgrade it to 4.1 (Jelly Bean)....pls hw do I upgrade it?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2012
DAvIt0: tnx @4ller followed steps but unable to upload files seems flash plugin needed and which droid browser got it

Bro u shldnt be trying that ish from ur fone. Grab ur framework with root explorer and do the kitchen thingy on a computer!! On that fone ur likely to miss sumtin.

monkvirus:

Thanks.

Mytouch 3g is a budget android. HD7 is a windows 7.5 eol fone.

Whats there to say?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ridlaw(m): 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2012
@4llerbuntu Pls I just got a samsung galaxy s3 with Android OS, v4.0.4(Ice Cream Sandwich) and wld like to upgrade it to 4.1(Jelly Bean)....pls hw do I upgrade it?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Youngbishop1(m): 8:31am On Oct 15, 2012
Pls my phone is samsung galaxy pocket n i tink my phone carrier blocks my internet connectn afta i ve used it for sumtim n i will hv to rebooth my phone to reconnect,pls wot can i do
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:27am On Oct 15, 2012
Youngbishop1: Pls my phone is samsung galaxy pocket n i tink my phone carrier blocks my internet connectn afta i ve used it for sumtim n i will hv to rebooth my phone to reconnect,pls wot can i do

what carrier? which dataplans? na join-put underg levels? tongue tongue tongue

anyway, i doubt u need to reboot, just toggle flight mode off and on. its currently an issue with airtel.

ridlaw: @4llerbuntu Pls I just got a samsung galaxy s3 with Android OS, v4.0.4(Ice Cream Sandwich) and wld like to upgrade it to 4.1(Jelly Bean)....pls hw do I upgrade it?

official ROMS are like 2 weeks away (or less). actually some are out but not the global version. u may exercise a little patience. when its out all u need is locate the official ROM on XDA or via google, download it and use ODIN to flash.

else if you are interested in custom roms, XDA is ur one-stop shop. visit the S III forums and knock urself out (if you are not savvy, id recommend you stick to stock ROMS)

the thing is the new JB release and hardware like S3 makes using stock roms a whole lot bearable for the average user
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 11:47am On Oct 15, 2012
Has anyone here ever gotten First Bank mobile app activated on their phone? Seems Android hasn't gotten local recognition yet.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ridlaw(m): 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
4llerbuntu:

official ROMS are like 2 weeks away (or less). actually some are out but not the global version. u may exercise a little patience. when its out all u need is locate the official ROM on XDA or via google, download it and use ODIN to flash.

else if you are interested in custom roms, XDA is ur one-stop shop. visit the S III forums and knock urself out (if you are not savvy, id recommend you stick to stock ROMS)

the thing is the new JB release and hardware like S3 makes using stock roms a whole lot bearable for the average user

Thanks very much n btw where can I download ODIN and hw do I root my samsung galaxy s3?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DAvIt0(m): 3:11pm On Oct 15, 2012
Thanks much @4ller done it
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2012
ridlaw:

Thanks very much n btw where can I download ODIN and hw do I root my samsung galaxy s3?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

this is becoming amusing. 4ller online support technician. the time and energy you spent typing this question would have been better spent asking google u know

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ridlaw(m): 7:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
4llerbuntu:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

this is becoming amusing. 4ller online support technician. the time and energy you spent typing this question would have been better spent asking google u know

I actually got a link from xda --- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1792342 and I followed the process but still didn't root.

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 15, 2012
you don't need to root to upgrade to jelly bean stock. just get there, download the rom and Odin with the required drivers and flash through Odin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Chucks12345(m): 10:48pm On Oct 15, 2012
my sone ercisson sk17i network is so bad pls help i tried all line
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
hey everybody

i came across an app that i don't know how to use. its called SYSTEM CONTROL PRO and they said its a must for every rooted phones but i can't figure it out. it even contains a build.prop and a GPS.conf portion . for those that cook roms and such, perhaps you can give it a go
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
stressed up? need to empty your mind and listen to relaxing sounds? try RELAX MELODIES PREMIUM. with over 80 different sounds that will play in concert to relax your mind and reduce the stress of life . good for concentration too
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
want to listen to online and offline radio? try TUNEIN RADIO PRO. listen to over 150 stations on your phone. record the show,music,comedy and listen at your leisure. get the latest music,sports update, you name it.

found a trick to use on this. when you record with this app you can only listen to what you recorded with the app. however, once you record with it, go to your memory card to the installation folder of tunein radio. you would see the record folder containing various files of different sizes. simply rename the file and put .mp3 at the end and play the song.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
two apps for free browsing are MAGIC TUNNEL and PSIPHONANDROID. however, setting them up is very difficult so don't ask where to get them or how to set them up. other methods working
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 6:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
did you like swype keyboard? then you would love Keymonk Keyboard. it takes swyping to the next level
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 9:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by engrhamid(m): 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
Chucks12345: my sone ercisson sk17i network is so bad pls help i tried all line
Get a good technician to fix it

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.