Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (968763 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lifehacker: 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
Leopantro: after smashing the glass, destroying the battery for the Wifi and hotspot function of the phone and having a battery problem that defied even the makers, it is goodbye S2 and Hello S4. considering i just bought 20gb from MTN to start the data share and sell, can finally enjoy the womderful capabilities of an android device.

Oh yeah, as well as make and receive calls as well.

First app, FETCH

by way of celebrating and also to thank them for their various contributions to this thread, the following guys should contact me with an MTN line to get free 250MB data., if you want it.
blackweaver
LordReed
4llerbuntu
puskin
wat of me

/
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lifehacker: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
o thou spirit of free data!!!!!! locate me now!!""
were my mfm brethren?
my ancient one button router don die final

well ,I am in a whirlpool, I charged my s3 overnight{I know, I know} and d next day it refused to come on, initially I thought it was charging point, fixed it, (twice)still no joy.......I've tried different chargers to no avail.
I also thought about the SDS, I tested it with other batteries, this time it came on but won't charge, I changed the ic(thrice) and it still didn't work, any ideas, its really bringing me down psychologically. (and financially:-).

congrats on ya s4. leopantro
have my eyes in DAT fone
d data will be appreciated sir.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by hisperform(m): 10:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
saibinc:
If the phone is rooted, you have probably tampered with the etc folder of the phone. As for the apps, the file systems are probably corrupted.

SOLUTION
The ONLY solution to solve the problem once and for all is to flash another ROM and Gapps on the phone.
Thanks a lot. But how do I go about it?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:06am On Sep 12, 2014
go to carlcare.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 12, 2014
cheesy

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2014
Thank you Sony smiley

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:18am On Sep 12, 2014
To think about it. the best thing Tecno fans can do for themselves is To

1. learn how To make rom dumps of their devices,

2. Dump stock Roms from each device when it gets released and

3. Upload them to some sharing site so that you can refer folks to it

that way not all problems will end up at carlcare.

some guys can write up tutorials for dumping and flashing the ROMs and other similar stuff

That will be hard to get because not everyone likes being insulted by Tecno Fans, which is what invariably occurs .

meanwhile @ puskin is It possible to have threads that can be stickied and locked/edited by just maybe the mod. they can be used to aggregate info such as these.
so particular posts in other threads can be referred To mods to be added the sticky threads if they are really good. they have to be locked to prevent people turning them to Q and A threads.

kinda like the rules thread stickied on all boards currently. sections like computer and phones could use this.

moreover u know how these chinese phone marketers/users like creating threads.....

please suggest it to seun lets hear what he thinks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by jideflash(m): 9:12am On Sep 12, 2014
please how do i restore my lost data from userdata****.backup file
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 9:14am On Sep 12, 2014
Brainrex: cheesy

That is below the belt
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by maxdozie(m): 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
Guys i just did d imei stuff and mine was working
fine ... till i switched off mah fone and it
stopped.... Dia was no H sign .. but if i should
change d access point to defult access point it
would show a H sign ... if i change it back to
blackberry.net d H sign would go off
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nafizzey(m): 4:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
4llerbuntu:

instead of restricting background data,why not just use "AF+ FIREWALL" or some other similar firewall app and restrict data access to just the apps you want?

I'm surprised some chat apps work when u restrict background data ...... makes me think that data is not really being restricted sef
Thank bro for your response. pls where do I get the App & how to use it? More so, Pls check Or pm.....thanx
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by maxdozie(m): 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
Guys i just did d imei stuff and
mine was working
fine ... till i switched off mah fone
and it
stopped.... Dia was no H sign ..
but if i should
change d access point to defult
access point it
would show a H sign ... if i
change it back to
blackberry.net d H sign would go
off
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nafizzey(m): 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
4llerbuntu:

instead of restricting background data,why not just use "AF+ FIREWALL" or some other similar firewall app and restrict data access to just the apps you want?

I'm surprised some chat apps work when u restrict background data ...... makes me think that data is not really being restricted sef
Thanks bro for your response.please can I use the App (AF + FIREWALL)on Unrooted phone?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by dazekid(m): 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
4llerbuntu: this is what we have to deal with brethren.

Lol,Americans b.utt kissing apple since 1987...
The iphone's frame is slimmer though..There might be a method to the madness.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ultraprime(m): 6:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
please need help on how to flash firmware of an lg phone through kdz...phone got stuck on security error after attempting to flash cwm
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 7:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
Nafizzey:
Thanks bro for your response.please can I use the App (AF + FIREWALL)on Unrooted phone?

I don't know about AF+firewall, but you can get NoRoot firewall, and it doesn't require rooting. The only thing is you have to activate it every time your phone starts up
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by zayeed94(m): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
Wat will I do to make d
notification(red) light show on my TF5(d one
beside d front camera) weneva I hv messages on
my messengers like blackberry....
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by morganist99(m): 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
zayeed94: Wat will I do to make d
notification(red) light show on my TF5(d one
beside d front camera) weneva I hv messages on
my messengers like blackberry....
download led light notification from playstore
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by coolshegs10(m): 11:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
lifehacker: o thou spirit of free data!!!!!! locate me now!!""
were my mfm brethren?
my ancient one button router don die final

well ,I am in a whirlpool, I charged my s3 overnight{I know, I know} and d next day it refused to come on, initially I thought it was charging point, fixed it, (twice)still no joy.......I've tried different chargers to no avail.
I also thought about the SDS, I tested it with other batteries, this time it came on but won't charge, I changed the ic(thrice) and it still didn't work, any ideas, its really bringing me down psychologically. (and financially:-).

congrats on ya s4. leopantro
have my eyes in DAT fone
d data will be appreciated sir.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by esthybam(f): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
please every1 i need help as to what cld make an android tablet to power off by itself after 10 minutes of not touching the screen and it refuses to on back ever since then geting to three days now. The battery is 96% so the battery is not low what shld i do. Help
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Sunymoore(m): 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
puskin: @Leopantro

Thank you very much for the kind gesture.

I will however be pleased if you can give my 250MB to Lexusgs430

Thank You once again.......wishing you success in ya data sales biz.

Lexusgs430: Thanks Moderator for this kind gesture. But
presently in the UK. (claim your reward for
your policing duties).

So.....
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3CHUB: 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
esthybam: please every1 i need help as to what cld make an android tablet to power off by itself after 10 minutes of not touching the screen and it refuses to on back ever since then geting to three days now. The battery is 96% so the battery is not low what shld i do. Help
Hello maybe the phone has crash.try to take it to an engineer to power it up...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sunymoore:

So.....

i eventually sent it to puskin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Sunymoore(m): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
Leopantro:

It's well bro
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lexusgs430: 6:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
Leopantro:

Thanks for showing appreciation.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
Leopantro:

Thank You.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Gptech(m): 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
esthybam: please every1 i need help as to what cld make an android tablet to power off by itself after 10 minutes of not touching the screen and it refuses to on back ever since then geting to three days now. The battery is 96% so the battery is not low what shld i do. Help
If d ba3 is non-removable,there must be a tiny hole around d tablet that allows u to reset it by piercing through the hole using something like a broom stick. If d ba3 is removable,remove d ba3 and insert it back. Then hold power button and volume up @ dsame time for like 7 secs in order to carryout factory reset. Lets get ur response,then we can continue.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 11:05pm On Sep 14, 2014
Got this app from a friend called Lucky Patcher.. Can help convert those trial apps to premium versions... Tried it on my avast mobile... Worked well... You need root though.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by koyla: 7:42am On Sep 15, 2014
Good morning guys,please I need help on my storage, anytime I download either from play store or anywhere, the downloaded files move to the internal storage ,all my files including Bluetooth received files though preferred install location is set to external storage(SD card), same as games doesn't play when data files are moved to external storage (SD card),any help? Thanks. Phicomm C230w Running on Jelly bean 4.3

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.