Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,058 members, 7,866,992 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:18 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (978012 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2012
4llerbuntu:

are you saying you can view flash video on your phone in browsers etc or that your stock CM10 video player plays flash videos?

ah ah...........I can view and play flash vidz in all my browsers

I have never used the stock CM10 video player before. What I do know is dat, I can also watch flash vidz using 3rd party apps like MX player.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
4llerbuntu: nairaland phone section is getting really boring again oooo

i think i will start a few "wars" again grin grin grin grin grin
just look for that guy from texas n tickle him a lil . . . am sure a fight will start
lol
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by joanana(f): 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
lynxnoon:
just look for that guy from texas n tickle him a lil . . . am sure a fight will start
lol

lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Ossaifamous(m): 8:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
coruso:
how do i download utube videos on my andiod phone galaxy y pro
what u need is tubemate brother ... the best for this purpose
just Google tubemate apk cause u can't get it in Google play store
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by rainmaker12(m): 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2012
yes oo.... tubemate downloader is the best..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by rainmaker12(m): 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2012
what is d best rom for galaxy s3? minus cyanogenmod 10
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Brisingr(m): 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
@all am tryin to root gt19100 with a kernel of XWLPU the closest kernel I have seen is the XWLPT can I use this to root the s2?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by BlackBaron: 10:22pm On Nov 24, 2012
4llerbuntu:

but i can move applications on my own samsung phones and it works perfectly

for data files they get stored on the internal storage marked as sdcard.

if you want to have them on your external micro sdcard, there is actually a minor tweak that switches the mount points and mounts the microsd as the sdcard and the internal one as external. search about it on google, its a well known minor hack, u just edit a file.

i never paid it any attention because i never had any use for it!!

as far as i know, unless i don't understand what you are saying, your complaints is a non-issue esp for a person on a custom rom

That hack is a bit of a trade off. I think you'll instead you'll end up with a single memory partition.
I still gotta seek advice cos you and others are the android masters here.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dabss(m): 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2012
Psp emulator for android. Anybody tried it yet?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2012
Can i be able to play FIFA13 on my Galaxy Tab 2?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2012
Brisingr: @all am tryin to root gt19100 with a kernel of XWLPU the closest kernel I have seen is the XWLPT can I use this to root the s2?
Are u sure u looked?www.teamandroid.com/2012/08/21/root-xwlpu-android-404-galaxy-s2-i9100-how-to-odin/
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:48am On Nov 27, 2012
is it normal to actually want to go back to stock rom from an absolutely wonderful AOSP rom?

most annoying part is after 1 hr with that stock, i will restore the AOSP!! believe me i have done this several times.

i guess somehow it must be the fact i miss messing with my Spen

i dont have the time for messing about with optimizing stock roms nowadays

1st world problems ehh?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 27, 2012
same thing here cos latest HTC sense versions of 4.0, 4.1, 4+ are very cool and more easily customisable with smooth widgets in weather and HTC watch but just got one flaw, the inefficiency of multitasking.

sense alone takes up to 657mb. open one app,exit and try open it in 5 mins, you'll be disappointed. zeppelinrox in xda had some tweaks which increased background processes and its limit but still didn't have that smoothness of aosp

what always draws me back is the camera cos of the sense image chip which makes the camera top there but with the new aosp camera and beauty of unlimited multitasking, I ain't going back tongue
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:02am On Nov 28, 2012
when it comes to HTC and Sense, forget it. HTC will never ever be able to produce a stock rom that makes any sense

that thing is HORRIBLE!! their devs should be lined up and shot!
i dont blame google for not really doing anything to help HTC survive, that company needs to leave android alone and go produce windows phone or something
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lovexme(m): 10:45am On Nov 28, 2012
Hey guys. What network gives the best internet plan on android phones?. I'm having a hard time deciding on which. Can I use BIS on it 'cos I'm a novice when it comes to android.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 11:02am On Nov 28, 2012
Pls guys. I've bin followin this thread frm inception but now i nid the help of the android gurus on dis galaxy s2 i just got frm a frnd. I've exausted my 250mb on googlin about d problems but im not satisfied with things i'm reading so i tot the pros can put me through.

PROBLEMS
1.The phone shows a warning msg with yellow triangle at start abt installin custom roms so i was advised to use a three key combo to turn it on, so i tot it was rooted but its not cause tantium backup could nt access root.

2. the phone runs on gingerbread (2.3.3) i've checked for OTA but its say no update available.

THINGS I WANT TO DO
1. Upgrade the phone by flashing a stock rom (ICS 4.0.4) frm samware meant for uk. Pls i'll like to if this would pose any harm to my phone.

2. Root my phone, must online tutorial on rootin are meant for galaxy s2 runin ICS.

Pls u guys shuld help me. Thanks for ur time in replyin.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:28am On Nov 28, 2012
mhozzis: Pls guys. I've bin followin this thread frm inception but now i nid the help of the android gurus on dis galaxy s2 i just got frm a frnd. I've exausted my 250mb on googlin about d problems but im not satisfied with things i'm reading so i tot the pros can put me through.

PROBLEMS
1.The phone shows a warning msg with yellow triangle at start abt installin custom roms so i was advised to use a three key combo to turn it on, so i tot it was rooted but its not cause tantium backup could nt access root.

2. the phone runs on gingerbread (2.3.3) i've checked for OTA but its say no update available.

THINGS I WANT TO DO
1. Upgrade the phone by flashing a stock rom (ICS 4.0.4) frm samware meant for uk. Pls i'll like to if this would pose any harm to my phone.

2. Root my phone, must online tutorial on rootin are meant for galaxy s2 runin ICS.

Pls u guys shuld help me. Thanks for ur time in replyin.

whosoever sold it to you had flashed a custom rom and triggered the the flash counter (thats what the yellow triangle is)
its meant to signify that you have tampered with the phone and voided your warranty. but its for people abroad anyway.

it can be removed by an application called "Triangle Away" i think its on the play store.
there are also other ways, USB Jig etc. u need to check XDA section for the S2

as for your questions

IS YOUR PHONE THE AT&T OR NETWORK VARIETY, OR THE INTERNATIONAL VERSION S2?

if it is the international version go ahead. if its locked to a network (now unlocked) use the file appropriate for that network. there are subtle differences in the firmwares

1. you can flash the ICS ROM. from UK or any country. does not matter much.

however, verify the file u have is downloaded properly. check the MD5sum.

USE ODIN ON THE DESKTOP
USE A VERY GOOD ORIGINAL CABLE
MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LOSE POWER ON THE WHILE FLASHING both on the phone and on the pc
TICK ONLY THE PDA SECTION ON ODIN AND LOAD THE FIRMWARE. DO NOT REPARTITION AND ALL THOSE THINGS.

you may get lucky and flashing the stock firmware will remove the flash counter. (its been known to happen)

as for rooting, im sure u can get easy tutorials on that.

NB: there are no OTA Updates for custom roms or rooted phones. you should always go back to stock unrooted before tring to update via OTA

The country firmware you run also matters for updates. if for instance there has been an update for a particular country, u will get it if the ROM you run is for that country. but i always recommend to download the firmware and flash via ODIN. best results
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 28, 2012
4llerbuntu: when it comes to HTC and Sense, forget it. HTC will never ever be able to produce a stock rom that makes any sense

that thing is HORRIBLE!! their devs should be lined up and shot!
i dont blame google for not really doing anything to help HTC survive, that company needs to leave android alone and go produce windows phone or something

I agree with you. they should come up with a less tasking UK.having so many features on one without having ram to operate is totally bizarre. I fear for them in the next 2 yrs, if not for devs at xda, I for don dump this one x
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2012
An advantage of the much maligned internal SD arrangement for new phones is that it makes it very easy to dualboot roms which is precisely what im gonna do henceforth.

keep a trusty fully stock untouched stock Rom and dual/triple boot with other experimental roms.

nice eh cool cool
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 3:06pm On Nov 28, 2012
4llerbuntu:
Thanks sir. I just noticed that when i switch off the phone it comes back on by itself with a warning about intalling custom rom and that if i want to continue i should press 'up vol key' or down vol key to cancel, but nothing happens when i press those botton.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
mhozzis: Thanks sir. I just noticed that when i switch off the phone it comes back on by itself with a warning about intalling custom rom and that if i want to continue i should press 'up vol key' or down vol key to cancel, but nothing happens when i press those botton.

yeah. its not really harmful to the phone. it just means evidence that the phone software has been tampered with and a custom rom or radio installed.

its for warranty purposes. the idea is that for instance you cannot brick your device by messing with flashing, then send it back to where you bought it and claim warranty. it shows your warranty is void.

like i said it would only apply to you if you originally bought the phone abroad and you intend to claim warranty.
there are ways to remove it anyway, like i earlier said.

you can google it for more insight
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by raynold17(m): 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2012
Lovexme: Hey guys. What network gives the best internet plan on android phones?. I'm having a hard time deciding on which. Can I use BIS on it 'cos I'm a novice when it comes to android.
yes you can use bis
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2012
raynold17 :
yes you can use bis

You wan start?? angry angry
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2012
puskin:

You wan start?? angry angry

lol.at least I'm not the one in trouble this time.

I have an android phone and an android tablet that doesn't have the capability to create a hotspot. however, it has a 32gb microSD were I store all my files.if you are familiar with WIFI FILE EXPLORER then you would know what a wonderful app it is. however its good for the phone not for the Tablet.

what I do is create a hotspot with the phone, log on the network with the Tablet then run SWIFTP on the tablet.I can now access my file anytime.
its a bit laborious but I hate carring cables about.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
here is another tweak I found. for this you need DOGCATCHER, OPERA MINI AND DROIDLOADER.
I love listening to podcasts but occasionally podcast apps have issues and you are limited to the number old podcasts you can list to.so what I do is this.

install dogcatcher, click on the rss feed I want ,click on details and copy the url of the feed.
now I don't know how or why this only works on opera mini but if you use opera mini to go to the url ,you can select and very very old podcasts that you can't see on the main program website.if you paste the link on any other browsee you get a distorted webpage with random words.
when you click on the link of the podcast you want to download and a new tab opens, copy the url of the download page and paste it in droidloader to download the podcast
its a bit long but it works.currently listening to last years "this week in tech" and you can pick up useful websites from old podcasts
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:30am On Nov 29, 2012
TIP

to fix "out of space" error when trying to (re)install an application when you do have space
i get this at times when i uninstall an application and then try to install it back

you need root explorer, or any file explorer with root access (obviously u must be rooted)

go to /data/app look for a .odex file relating to that app u are trying to install and delete.

chikena
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:46am On Nov 29, 2012
does anyone have any idea why the data files of some of my games like modern warfare gets deleted mysteriously?

is that a new security feature?

i first noticed this with mass effect infiltrator, and now modern combat. funny tho is other games are fine
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
Download APK files from Android Market to PC

http://codekiem.com/2012/02/24/apk-downloader/
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2012
a lil bit confused, don't know which to get. Nexus 4, Nexus 10 or a nexus 7, nexus 4 is sold out right now, don't know if i should wait but nexus 10 is the most compatible AOSP device with everything but the GPU code open sourced, but nexus 7 has 3G version
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2012
4llerbuntu:

whosoever sold it to you had flashed a custom rom and triggered the the flash counter (thats what the yellow triangle is)
its meant to signify that you have tampered with the phone and voided your warranty. but its for people abroad anyway.

it can be removed by an application called "Triangle Away" i think its on the play store.
there are also other ways, USB Jig etc. u need to check XDA section for the S2

as for your questions

IS YOUR PHONE THE AT&T OR NETWORK VARIETY, OR THE INTERNATIONAL VERSION S2?

if it is the international version go ahead. if its locked to a network (now unlocked) use the file appropriate for that network. there are subtle differences in the firmwares

1. you can flash the ICS ROM. from UK or any country. does not matter much.

however, verify the file u have is downloaded properly. check the MD5sum.

USE ODIN ON THE DESKTOP
USE A VERY GOOD ORIGINAL CABLE
MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LOSE POWER ON THE WHILE FLASHING both on the phone and on the pc
TICK ONLY THE PDA SECTION ON ODIN AND LOAD THE FIRMWARE. DO NOT REPARTITION AND ALL THOSE THINGS.

you may get lucky and flashing the stock firmware will remove the flash counter. (its been known to happen)

as for rooting, im sure u can get easy tutorials on that.

NB: there are no OTA Updates for custom roms or rooted phones. you should always go back to stock unrooted before tring to update via OTA

The country firmware you run also matters for updates. if for instance there has been an update for a particular country, u will get it if the ROM you run is for that country. but i always recommend to download the firmware and flash via ODIN. best results

You just so rite about all you said....can't seems to find any flaws...100% correct.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2012
something funny happened on my whatsapp.i occasionally get messages from contacts saying whatapp will block you if you don't send this messages to 20 other contacts , blab bab bab sheep etc. today i got such but it started with "before you read this check the status update of your contacts and it would display Error: status available".shortly after my phone restarted on its own.i checked it and sure enough all my contacts had that as their status update.
however i found it odd that my groups still had their various updates showing. so i copied my whatsapp apk from my system folder,to installed whatsapp,deleted the cache and re installed the app. the error message disappeared. can viruses or trojans be sent via whatsapp?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2012
short answer, yes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.