Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,553 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (973048 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2012
4llerbuntu:

so what would u call whosoever posted that tweet? fan-dows?

More like Win-fan. ℓ☺ℓ
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 3kay945(m): 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
mhozzis: Thanks boss
you welcome
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 9:28am On Dec 06, 2012
"Reboot your phone to download mode.
To get download mode shut down the device. After it shuts
off completely simultaneously press the Down volume key+
Home button + press the power button .
You should see a warning asking you to press volume up if
you want to continue or volume down to cancel, press
volume up. You are now in download mode"

Using the above key combo I do get the warning sign on my galaxy s2, but when I press the volume up nothing happens, even when i press the volume down bottom to cancel too.
Pls can anyone help me with a working method to get my device into download mode as I really need to flash a new rom on my device.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:07am On Dec 06, 2012
post a screenshot of the about page. or rather just type out what you see in the kernel version in about page

also need to know exact version of S2 that you have

i need to know if you are running stock kernel. if you are not, which i suspect, u probably need to get to stock kernel. in that case look for a recovery flashable .zip of a STOCK KERNEL for your version of the s2.

i find it pretty strange for a device to not go into download mode.

besides, have you tried installing the drivers for the phone on a pc and tried connecting it to the pc to see if it is recognized?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:12am On Dec 06, 2012
[size=18pt]SECONDLY, I GUESS YOU MAY EXPLORE THE OPTION OF FLASHING THE STOCK ROM WITH MOBILE ODIN[/size]

for that you need mobile odin pro installed on the phone. https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B39xYnt0Q7O0djdJRldBRGZKS0k

the phone needs to be rooted!! be sure root works properly. (test by using a root file manager to paste someting in the /system folder

you need the STOCK ROM .tar file on the SDCARD.

YOU WILL LOSE EVERY THING ON THE FONE INCLUDING DATA. COPY THEM OUT IF U NEED THEM

it works pretty much the same as PC ODIN . DO NOT REPARTITION.

select only PDA and choose the stock rom file

google for how to use mobile odin for more info.

at least this will save us this no download mode palaver.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 11:26am On Dec 06, 2012
Thanks 4ller for your time. The device is recognized by kies, and even Odin too (only when the device is on though), the drivers are instslled on my pc (I do transfer files between the device and my pc).
I'm also rooted, I have superuser, tatinium backup and rom manager all installed.
The kernel info:
2.6.35.7-I9100XWKF1-CL265340 root@DELL106#2
Baseband version:
I1900XXKE7
Build number:
GINGERBREAD.XWKF1

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 11:35am On Dec 06, 2012
4llerbuntu:

HUnh? what are u on abt?

That was a tweet from the official windows phone twitter account. is it not classless?

which one is fandroid about pointing out the poor attempt at cheap propaganda by a company as big as microsoft?

so what would u call whosoever posted that tweet? fan-dows?

na u sabi o. all these una labeling rhetoric, whatever rocks ur cradle mehn....

Don't be a dumbass.

Did you whine and complain when Google's Vic Gondutra made that "Two turkeys" comment about Nokia and Windows Phone?

Was it 'Classless' when the Samsung anti-iPhone ads aired?

Rubbage!!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:39am On Dec 06, 2012
^^^^^^^ Park Well abeg. Next!!!!!

texazzpete:
Did you whine and complain when Google's Vic Gondutra made that "Two turkeys" comment about Nokia and Windows Phone?

whine, complain?

This :
see what this classless twats actually tweeted.

LMAO.
= Whine, Complain?

u need sleep!!!

texazzpete:
Was it 'Classless' when the Samsung anti-iPhone ads aired?

yes!!

Sighs!! stereotypes of a young genius misunderstood
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:47am On Dec 06, 2012
mhozzis: Thanks 4ller for your time. The device is recognized by kies, and even Odin too (only when the device is on though), the drivers are instslled on my pc (I do transfer files between the device and my pc).
I'm also rooted, I have superuser, tatinium backup and rom manager all installed.
The kernel info:
2.6.35.7-I9100XWKF1-CL265340 root @DELL106#2
Baseband version:
I1900XXKE7
Build number:
GINGERBREAD.XWKF1

Thats a custom kernel, prolly stock rom but pre-rooted. u can see the build machine name bolded.

would be a good idea to get the flashable pure stock kernel (unrooted) recovery/CWM flashable .zip before trying desktop ODIN

[size=18pt]OR[/size]

try the mobile ODIN option
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:18pm On Dec 06, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100

GUIDES INDEX : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1826497

ICE CREAM SANDWICH

STOCK ICS ROM .TAR FILE FLASHABLE VIA ODIN:http://hotfile.com/dl/165116721/ea9c78c/I9100XWLPT_I9100XXLQ6_I9100XEULPA_XEU.zip.html

STOCK ICS KERNEL ONLY: http://hotfile.com/dl/165094518/319d54b/KERNEL_XWLPT.tar.html

[size=18pt]DO NOT PERFORM ANY WIPES ON STOCK ICS KERNEL[/size] if u want to install custom roms.
[size=18pt]DO NOT FACTORY RESET ON STOCK ICS[/size]

I recommend flashing a custom kernel after installing ICS. u may choose a pre-rooted stock kernel for easy rooting. (they have removed the bug that affects wiping or factory reset on ICS)

GINGERBREAD

STOCK GINGERBREAD ROM .TAR FILE: http://www.hotfile.com/dl/145442753/ad99856/I9100XWLA4_I9100DBTKH1_DBT.zip.html

OR

STOCK GINGERBREAD ROM .TAR FILE: http://hotfile.com/dl/138551187/26e93d9/GT-I9100_XSP_I9100DXKL3_I9100OLCKL2_I9100DXKL1.zip.html

STOCK GINGERBREAD KERNEL .TAR FILE http://www.mediafire.com/?za3mwc25e81108f

but note that flashing this kernel means u have to go on to flash another stock ROM. u cant use this with the present ROM

completely safe to perform wipes on stock gingerbread kernels
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2012
if in case u still cannot flash the phone!!!!!

please read carefully.

[size=18pt]How to Fix an unflashable or soft bricked GSII[/size]

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1457458
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2012
before you start wondering, the long and short of it is:

Flashing the kernel will most likely solve your problem (if there is one) I DO NOT THINK THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH YOUR PHONE!!

However i thought i would cover the bases before you start messing around with the phone.

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW!!

1. install mobile ODIN on your phone!

2. Flash the ICS ROM with Mobile ODIN

IF UNSUCCESSFUL

3. Flash the gingerbread Kernel

4. Then use DESKTOP ODIN to flash the ICS ROM.

so
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbe(m): 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
@ Puskin, i have lost posting privileges. kindly restore it.

also unfreeze the posts that were caught by the spam bot they are very important ooooooooo

i cant shout
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbe(m): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
but i don try for NL sha , and this was not even my first account!!! the first one i cannot remember anymore sef and i used it a for a long while wink wink

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
@4ller.......Mr. spambot doesn't seem to like your posts. grin grin

Your posting priviledge has returned.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 3:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
what're the criteria to get banned? Words used?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 4:17pm On Dec 06, 2012
I believe posting more than 5 times at a go
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by statusnet(m): 12:56am On Dec 07, 2012
Hi my galaxy sl has been showing the boot up (starting) logo since pls what can i do?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by manucho: 11:56am On Dec 07, 2012
pls make una help me ooooo i have a problem with my htc wildifre S, it was charged full last night before i went to bed and when i woke up around 2am it was still on working but when i woke up this morning i discovered it was off so i tried switching it on but i couldnt since, i even tried charging its not bringing out any indicator that it is charging though the battery is full.......what might be the problem and how do i go about it? Waiting to hear from you or any other members on this site. thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by PrinceNN(m): 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
What's up droid people....someone help me fast ....I woke up dis morning and discovered that my fone has shrunk lol........d display is miniature....d font, home screen, lock screen, ui, everything appears small (tiny)....

I use Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with AOKP ICS Rom, and GO Launcher Ex...thanks...
This is frustrating...the last time someone messd with my home screens I didn't touch the fone for about a week...and Right now d tin dey provoke me die...SOS
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by PrinceNN(m): 1:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ahhhhh....no cause for alarm....lol....I hav fixed it....I remembr changing d LCD Density to 160 the other day...so I put it back in 320 and restarted the fone....I fink the 160 made my fone appear like a tablet...with d shrinkn and all dah....evn my navigation panel and my notification bar changed.....I hate it wen my ui changes nd I start lookn for stuffs or reconfiguring stuffs....weda na wrist watch or car radio tuner...hehe...una bye bye
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2012
hmmn, Iphone people ......

pls make your voices heard for ur person peeps, pls visit the https://www.nairaland.com/1119868/2012-official-phone-section-poster thread and show ur love n support for ur guy!! wink wink wink wink
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 2:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
4llerbuntu: hmmn, Iphone people ......

pls make your voices heard for ur person peeps, pls visit the https://www.nairaland.com/1119868/2012-official-phone-section-poster thread and show ur love n support for ur guy!! wink wink wink wink
you've been released. Welcome cheesy
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2012
^^^^
Abi ooo. Im back!!!!

See wat naija network is like on a Very very good day at peak period

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Bawss1(m): 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2012
^Speed is nice but the pings are horrible still. Useless for real time applications.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LordReed(m): 9:57pm On Dec 07, 2012
4llerbuntu: ^^^^
Abi ooo. Im back!!!!

See wat naija network is like on a Very very good day at peak period

Is that a VSAT connection? I have never seen a fibre-wireless connection with that much lag (unless there is a problem of course).
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 07, 2012
Emptyn

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:44am On Dec 08, 2012
thats what we r enduring in naija o.

curious that mtn latency is that lower than airtels. when i took that test, i was at a location with hsdpa n the best speeds id seen for quite a while.

but then the servers it was pinging is based in lagos so that must also count going by how crappy naija isp usually are
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2012
I downloaded mobile odin pro and used it to flash a stock kernel on my fone. The process started and the fone rebooted into the usuall warning msg asking me to press volume up to continue or volume down to cancel. Nothing happens after pressing the volume up, press + hold volume up, so I had to restart the fone with the power button. Surprisingly when I checked the kernel version it is showing the newly flashed stock kernel but still the fone does not get to download mode with the three button combo.
1. Does this mean that the kernel was flashed even though the fone didn't get to download mode.
2. Would you advice flashing a rom with this process.

first pic - old kernel
second pic - newly flashed stock kernel

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mhozzis(m): 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
I never get pass this screen when trying yo boot into download mode because neither volume up nor volume download responds to press.

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
im not sure how u got to reboot into DOWNLOAD mode via mobile odin when flashing a kernel.

anyway check if u still have root. if u dont, flasha rooted kernel so u can have CWM. reboot into recovery and make a nandroid backup on ur external sd card.

then boot and try to use themobile odin to flash the stock rom.
that way if any issues u can restore to ur old rom. if flashing d stock rom fails u will have to do the stuff i posted upearlier. it would mean that u have a bad or corrupted NAND
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
mobile odin normally reboots into its own built in CWM recovery btw. kinda curious u ended up in download mode

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.