Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry (12131 Views)

6 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person / Children Crushing Or Loving In Pictures / 21 Ways That Will Make Your Husband Keep Loving Youmore And More. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Beync(f): 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

How do you know the one that loves you . . .
Actions speaks louder than words. when someone is always telling you 'i love you' but his/her actions prove otherwise, there is no love. Also there are reall test of true love,sometime one have to pass this test to prove his or her love
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by texbaba1: 3:47pm On Jun 27, 2012
if u ask me i think its better to love the one u marry. This is cos it can be asked what if she never grow inlove with him? but dont also forget that it can also be askd when she marries d one she loves, what if the love fades away or gets awry especially when he doesnt love her as much as she does? All she needs do is to open her heart to love except if the man is wicked or unlovable...beauty never loved the ugly beast frm the begining but she grew in love with him nd cos the lov was genuine, the beast turned into a hansome charming prince. How ever, the best is to combine both...marry the one u lov nd then love the one u marry. Ladies Be wise...
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by TalkingBird: 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2012
It depends where you are "standing".
Are you about to take a decision or already in the marriage?
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by brightmon: 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

If the one that loves me dosent have Big breast, mad curved hips, big yansh, yellow skinned, blue eyes, 6feet tall, American trained with american accent.. Then she cant possibly love me.. no matter what she does..
lol, ur teast high ohh. Then what ever u see make carry. Love is far more than that. Thats lost not love, i dint see big ass on ur list or dint u think abt cooking, ability to rep when u away, talk in public, respect etc.
Bro gud luck.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by obowunmi(m): 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2012
if you are forced to marry someone that you don't love --- you will never respect him or her. kiss kiss kiss

Respect is key in marriage --- love comes and love fades but respect is key.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Jun 27, 2012
Beync: Actions speaks louder than words. when someone is always telling you 'i love you' but his/her actions prove otherwise, there is no love. Also there are reall test of true love,sometime one have to pass this test to prove his or her love

All i am saying is that how do you know that all the "actions" and "words" are not all Nollywood script?
There is no way to know who loves you, i see it as all games of trial and error . . grin
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Jun 27, 2012
obowunmi: if you are forced to marry someone that you don't love --- you will never respect him or her. kiss kiss kiss

Sometimes, it is hard to respect without Love . . . mind what i say oh, sometimes
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by AdeniyiA(m): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
dis is a vry sensitiv stmt &open-ended.it's a fallacy 2say i luv u wt my whole hrt wen i'v nt livd wt d true u,wil i continue luvin u wen livin wt u?.most pre-marital luv ar selfish in nature.we fall in luv wt personality whereas we liv wt xter.most marriages dt collapsed started wt 'i cannot sleep wi'out seein u or hearin ur voice'(infatuation). i do ask, wea is d 1st luv?.of course,gr8t luv is req b4 marriage bt gr8ta luv is nided in marriage- cos it's al abt toleratin,understndn,acceptin imperfectns....

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by AdeniyiA(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2012
...&weaknesses, commendatns n corectns wea necesary,if wat we fel in luv wt in courtship fade away,wil u continue luvin?.
d best luv is found in marriages dt overcom.continue lovin d one u marry.dont b deceived by d new flashy person u see.it is bn said dt a known devil is beta dn an unknown angel. so marry d one u luv n luv MORE d one u marry . dis of course shows maturity n one experienced

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Beync(f): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

All i am saying is that how do you know that all the "actions" and "words" are not all Nollywood script?
There is no way to know who loves you, i see it as all games of trial and error . . grin
You will definitely know if it's real or acted up. yes most are all games but if you get eyss wella you'll know what's up.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Fhemmmy: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2012
Beync: You will definitely know if it's real or acted up. yes most are all games but if you get eyss wella you'll know what's up.

Ha ha ha . . . Wish was that easy.
Even with the biggest and most effective lense, it will not be enuf to see what is beyond your nose when it comes to love and acting a script
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by ebamma(m): 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2012
what u need in a relationship is understanding love will come later,is better for a woman to marry a guy who loves her than to marry the one she loves.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by ronkebp(f): 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2012
Marry none of the above, only marry who God has chosen for you.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by HighChief4(m): 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2012
obowunmi: if you are forced to marry someone that you don't love --- you will never respect him or her. kiss kiss kiss

God bless you, as for me, respect comes first before love.

If you dont respect me, then how are you gonna love me?

Even when the love fades, respect will still keep the marriage going.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by GboyegaD(m): 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
Ortis: the best is loving d person u marry........most crashed marriages are based on i love him/her b4 d marriage bt afta d marriage dy stop lovin each oda bt wen u start loving nd appricatin wat u hav or who u marry i tink u wil get 2 knw dat person beta cos u hav made ur hrt reali commited

Thank you! Wonderful advice. I couldn't have said it any better. The challenge is that most people have defined love to satisfy their selfish interest and that is why most marriages would never work. I think it is time people are educated that love grows when we choose to allow it grow.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by GboyegaD(m): 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2012
denny4ril: MARRY SOMEONE YOU LOVE. TRYING TO LOVE SOMEONE YOU MARRY WILL END UP IN STRUGGLES AND QUARRELS.
Marriage is not bed of roses. if everything fails, LOVE always keep couples going. learning to accept d other and focusing on areas of strenght as you help build such is inevitable for peace and mutual understanding which makes love grow. Relationship is like a tree, if U dont nurture it, it will get choked.
No mata d love u have b4 or after marriage, if u stop doing what sustained d love, everything will grow old and stale.

The flaw in all you said is the boldened. Because of our selfish definition of love, people would always tell you that love fades but when you choose to love someone and not the unnecessary feelings of lust we call love, you always see the good side of it because it was your own choice to love the person.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2012
Just so we are clear, we are talking about genuinely loving someone, not just wanting to rip their clothes off right?
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2012
so many questions about 'Love' on this website mehn. It's becoming boring sad Am I the only one noticing this

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by modavi: 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2012
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by modavi: 5:24pm On Jun 27, 2012
I agree with her mum cos love grows with time. She should learn to love him. Yes,they wld both ve their difference s and flaws but the ability to put up with it all is wat is called love. Even if she thinks she wanna get married to who she "thinks" she loves,there wld still quarrels too n she wld still put up with it. So wats d big deal? D truth is just dat she is not willing to love dis guy. She just has to want to love him,else it wnt work n she ll be miserable 4life with him. Vouloir c'est pouvoir...
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by donlet(m): 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2012
The earlier people start trusting their parent the better. Well since the situation is like this you have to love the one you marry. This is the hardest form of relationships but if the people involed can be patient to make things work for them, this type of marriages always last longer than the love marriage.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Fhemmmy: 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2012
modavi: I agree with her mum cos love grows with time. She should learn to love him. Yes,they wld both ve their difference s and flaws but the ability to put up with it all is wat is called love. Even if she thinks she wanna get married to who she "thinks" she loves,there wld still quarrels too n she wld still put up with it. So wats d big deal? D truth is just dat she is not willing to love dis guy. She just has to want to love him,else it wnt work n she ll be miserable 4life with him. Vouloir c'est pouvoir...

And what if time is not their friend?
I think couples shuld be allowed to make their choice with only guidance from the parent . .
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Sagamite(m): 6:33pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fhemmmy: Ummmmmm.... I will never advice such.
A man/Woman that marries someone he/she does not love always find a way around to look for love elsewhere . . . . It is dangerous as happiness is always at stake

The are a millions of Indo-Asians in the UK and in Asia who marry someone they don't love and they stay faithful.

So where did you get "always find a way around to look for love elsewhere"?
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Fhemmmy: 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2012
Sagamite:

The are a millions of Indo-Asians in the UK and in Asia who marry someone they don't love and they stay faithful.

So where did you get "always find a way around to look for love elsewhere"?

Where and how do you arrive at that as well?
You follow them everywhere?
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by chibu05(m): 6:37pm On Jun 27, 2012
wan you marray without love you may fined it very hard to live together
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Beync(f): 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Ha ha ha . . . Wish was that easy.
Even with the biggest and most effective lense, it will not be enuf to see what is beyond your nose when it comes to love and acting a script
am telling you from experience, if someone loves u, you will know. If not now maybe with time. I'v also come to realize that love grows. Most of those started in lovy dovy ways of nollywood do not pass the test of time. They fade away easily. But true love will stand the test of time, thru rain and sunshine it is there.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2012
I support the two options. She can marry the man if she allow her heart to love him.
I thought gone are the days, you select spouses for your child.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by kalufelix(m): 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
ekwah: so much questions about 'Love' on this website mehn. It's becoming boring sad Am I the only one noticing this
u re nat alone man nat only here buh everywia...d social networks...2go,bbm e.t.c. 21st century youths ar goin crazy bou love nd love related issues even a 14yr old gurl naw talks bou love...nawa o...SMH
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Dyt(f): 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2012
An example
Dere is sm1 I know, she is madly in love wit sm guy bt d guy cares less and dere is anoda dat loves her with every of his hrt beat and willing to marry her ASAP, I personally advised her go 4 d one who loves her, love grows, u nurture it

So as 4 me, I will love d one I marry
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Sagamite(m): 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

How do you know the one that loves you . . .

What a question!

Maybe you will call the FBI to do a lie detection test.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Sagamite(m): 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Where and how do you arrive at that as well?
You follow them everywhere?

I don't see them divorcing based on infidelity like love marriages.

And I don't think there is any stats that says they have offsprings of other people.

So how did you arrive at "always"?
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by osifred(m): 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2012
love is not enough yardstick to marry for me compatibility and comfort is. so i am going with loving the one you marry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Letter To Nigerian Parents. / A Woman Sex Escapades With Her Son / Obams Dispatch Lagos Door Step Pickup And Delivery From 800naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.