Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,399 members, 7,954,579 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:26 PM

Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies (4475 Views)

Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies? / Five Ways To Tell If A Girl Has Grown To Being A Lady. / How Many Single Guys Can Really Claim To Hv One Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by HighChief4(m): 3:04am On Jun 28, 2012
Most gals are not just marriageable, they claim to rule the world. With such mentality how do you expect them to be submissive. Like someone posted on his facebook, wat kind of man would want to engage a babe with status' like - "liquids loadin" "Elegushi loadin", "movida on point“ "wine bar Abuja toh badt“# "6 bottles on point" "clubbing mode activated"Champaign rain” "missing my bed tonite" "i l♥√ع u, u knw urself#" off to... " "A̶̲̅m gonna party real hard 2nite" "Owerri, Benin, lagos, Abuja, Asaba on my mind =-?" " painting accra blue and red " "who is fooling who?!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by pufectskin: 3:14am On Jun 28, 2012
Get ur old fashioned arse n go sit do somewhere. Its called being young! Ppl like dat don't want to marry ur archaic arse anyway. What makes y'aLl think only things girls want is marriage anyway? Ppl r marrying much later dese days anyway...D world is changing - deal with it! And dont u dare talk about d whole western ish...ok? If u r sooo african, drop ur fones, ur cars, pcs and anything d very immoral white man has made to make ur useless brained consuming only non productive Morally Superior african life easier.
High_Chief: Most gals are not just marriageable, they claim to rule the world. With such mentality how do you expect them to be submissive. Like someone posted on his facebook, wat kind of man would want to engage a babe with status' like - "liquids loadin" "Elegushi loadin", "movida on point“ "wine bar Abuja toh badt“# "6 bottles on point" "clubbing mode activated"Champaign rain” "missing my bed tonite" "i l♥√ع u, u knw urself#" off to... " "A̶̲̅m gonna party real hard 2nite" "Owerri, Benin, lagos, Abuja, Asaba on my mind =-?" " painting accra blue and red " "who is fooling who?!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Nobody: 3:20am On Jun 28, 2012
pufectskin: Get ur old fashioned arse n go sit somewhere. Its called being young! Ppl like dat don't want to marry ur archaic arse anyway. What makes y'aLl think only things girls want is marriage anyway? Ppl r marrying much later dese days anyway...D world is changing - deal with it! And dont u dare talk about d whole western ish...ok? If u r sooo african, drop ur fones, ur cars, pcs and anything d very immoral white man has made to make ur useless brained consuming only non productive Morally Superior african life easier.

ROTFLMAO!! cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Nobody: 3:24am On Jun 28, 2012
Viewing this topic: bashr8, pufectskin and 2 guest(s)

lol!
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by coolzeal(m): 3:27am On Jun 28, 2012
IMHO..Maybe marriage is not for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by bashr8: 3:43am On Jun 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Viewing this topic: bashr8, pufectskin and 2 guest(s)

lol!
stop stalking me , anyway if ur wondering what am doing here am actually looking for a solution to your loneliness, as you can see this thread is about u except that ur jobless.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Nobody: 3:47am On Jun 28, 2012
bashr8: stop stalking me , anyway if ur wondering what am doing here am actually looking for a solution to your loneliness, as you can see this thread is about u except that ur jobless.

Thanks for looking, every help is appreciated lmao.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by kandiikane(m): 3:53am On Jun 28, 2012
Because relationships and marriage can become boring, same routines.

I want to fly not enclosed in a cage. angry
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by pleep(m): 3:58am On Jun 28, 2012
In most countries there are fewer men than women.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by bendazum: 5:53am On Jun 28, 2012
T-smooth:
This is the most sensible thread in nairaland history. As for me oh, u knw most of those "sucessfull" are hard to tame, they dont respect their husband, and they want to marry guy of their class or above their class.

I disaggree with this being the most what?! in nairaland history
Anyway no extremely successful classy lady wants a man breathing down her neck. They love independence a lot.Marriage ties them down. They don't want taking orders from a man below their 'standard'.Most of them are rarely wife materials. Some bleeped their way to the top.If there be exceptions --10%
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by bendazum: 6:00am On Jun 28, 2012
deshclones:

i don't think so bro......a woman in love does not really care about a man's financial history before saying i do...all a marriage or relationship needs to flourish is understanding,love and belief that tomorrow will be better than today...oyibo calls it HOPE.

GUY ARE YOU IN NIGERIAINFACT FROM THE FIRST HI TO WILL YOU A NIGERIAN GIRL ALREADY KNOWS WHAT TO TELL YOU! GUY WAKE UP.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by bendazum: 6:01am On Jun 28, 2012
deshclones:

i don't think so bro......a woman in love does not really care about a man's financial history before saying i do...all a marriage or relationship needs to flourish is understanding,love and belief that tomorrow will be better than today...oyibo calls it HOPE.

GUY ARE YOU IN NIGERIAINFACT FROM THE FIRST HI TO WILL YOU...... A NIGERIAN GIRL ALREADY KNOWS WHAT TO TELL YOU! GUY WAKE UP.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by bendazum: 6:27am On Jun 28, 2012
YOU KEEP ON REPEATING MEN AND LOW SELF ESTEEM. WHY SO?

Rocktation:

I guess you skipped that part.
Plus, don't be too quick to shake your head because the bible does give perimeters to submission, you know. But then, isn't that a different topic entirely? Or aren't you talking about people that are married already? All I'm saying is men esteem themselves poorly when it comes to wooing women whose bank balances are way off the mark (like they imagine them to be), you must agree with me. And isn't it wonderful that we won't be the only ones that think thesame on this thread?
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Emmiee28(m): 6:49am On Jun 28, 2012
Cos we av high rate of unemployed mature guys
Wat will u use in taking care of ur woman?
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by deshclones(m): 7:36am On Jun 28, 2012
I hate it when peeps say some girls chose not to get married......its a blatant lie from the pit of hell...geeeez...I can believe a western lady but a naija woman....hell No....most girls will display an I don not want to get married attitude but in her quiet moments...she will silently cry her hearts out and long for a man to call her own...its d way nature has made it...it cannot be doctored...
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by born2boink(m): 7:53am On Jun 28, 2012
1.21-24 ladies: pros- they insist they cannot date a poor man either is working or not , they don't consider his future ambition,all they care about is ready made guy.

Con- Some pretended rich guys or rich guys take advantages of them and jump to next lady

Pro con: they attend clubs uniforms girls,show pictures of bosoms, accuse poor guys,called people bitches and say they don't care about anyone

2.24-28: pros: they change from rich to working class,even if he doesn't have money,he must be working and they can build their goals where areas all their beauty have faded away and using mary kay as cover up with different make up, some of their Kitty has devalued due to some guys taking advantage in the past
Pros: they start listening to every guys,making friends with guys, while the rich running away,the average working sleeping with them
Pro-con: they pretended to be good girl,advising the young girls

3.28-32:Pros- this is the stage they turn to guy of any tribe ,any job and most desperate end up in jobless guy and accept to handle responsibility by herself, they termed their relationship true love

Con: they are good to any guy and reduce rate they give Kitty out, some even will never let you sleep with them but will kill you with good food.

Pro con- they start going to church and mosque, you see them in ulcer or choir group, they start preaching

3.32-35: I am married to Jesus group, sadness is their worried, they start blaming their parents and old boys, they knew they have mess up in the past, they get jealous of young boys marry each other and getting pregnancy
Pros, they attended all different places, do all different things they even slept with someone who will impregnate even if they will not marry

5. 35- upward- the world is their friend- condemn group! Guys see them as irrelevant

Note: that doesn't mean all of the above will not get married, they can still get a guy but chances is low while choice is limited compare to others

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by pufectskin: 8:02am On Jun 28, 2012
U sound like some1 with no exposure
born2fuck: 1.21-24 ladies: pros- they insist they cannot date a poor man either is working or not , they don't consider his future ambition,all they care about is ready made guy.

Con- Some pretended rich guys or rich guys take advantages of them and jump to next lady

Pro con: they attend clubs uniforms girls,show pictures of bosoms, accuse poor guys,called people bitches and say they don't care about anyone

2.24-28: pros: they change from rich to working class,even if he doesn't have money,he must be working and they can build their goals where areas all their beauty have faded away and using mary kay as cover up with different make up, some of their Kitty has devalued due to some guys taking advantage in the past
Pros: they start listening to every guys,making friends with guys, while the rich running away,the average working sleeping with them

3.28-32:Pros- this is the stage they turn to guy of any tribe ,any job and most desperate end up in jobless guy and accept to handle responsibility by herself, they termed their relationship true love

Con: they are good to any guy and reduce rate they give Kitty out, some even will never let you sleep with them but will kill you with good food.

Pro con- they start going to church and mosque, you see them in ulcer or choir group, they start preaching

3.32-35: I am married to Jesus group, sadness is their worried, they start blaming their parents and old boys, they knew they have mess up in the past, they get jealous of young boys marry each other and getting pregnancy
Pros, they attended all different places, do all different things they even slept with someone who will impregnate even if they will not marry

5. 35- upward- the world is their friend- condemn group! Guys see them as irrelevant

Note: that doesn't mean all of the above will not get married, they can still get a guy but chances is low while choice is limited compare to others
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by born2boink(m): 9:01am On Jun 28, 2012
pufectskin: U sound like some1 with no exposure
I am over exposed to the good and bad side of the world
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by nexeee: 9:12am On Jun 28, 2012
born2fuck: 1.21-24 ladies: pros- they insist they cannot date a poor man either is working or not , they don't consider his future ambition,all they care about is ready made guy.

dude you so funny...am married to Jesus group..lmfao
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Rocktation(f): 9:26am On Jun 28, 2012
bendazum: YOU KEEP ON REPEATING MEN AND LOW SELF ESTEEM. WHY SO?

Well how else would you explain a man that's intimidated by a woman's success and/or flintiness? Or does intimidation and overall self worth not come in thesame breath?
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Naijaklef: 10:52am On Jun 28, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Ur point is? undecided

@idowuogbo

My point is most ladies live a fake life!
As long as u live a fake life u will never get married.
SIMPLE AS ABC
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Isaleeko2: 11:05am On Jun 28, 2012
Rocktation: ^^You know, this is like what I also talked about. A few women, successful or not, might not have marriage in their books at all. And then, someone would go expecting submission from a distance because the bible says so (or not). Every respectable woman has got walls, believe me. The hardness just varies across us.

You keep talking about men, low self esteemed and scared of lady's flintiness/success and scared men. If all the men are scared like you keep saying, I guess they are not worth it then.

Every woman has a right to remain single if she so chooses but the excuse that she chose to remain single because all men are whinny sissies simply does not hold water. Yes, many men are whinny sissies, but not all of them are. And the funny thing is many women always want the guys with six packs and loads of money; players who are only out to bed them and move on. Come on! Not everyone was born with a silver spoon. Most ladies don't even want to touch a romantic easy-going guy because they are "boring". These upcoming guys look elsewhere and get happily married leaving these old single ladies single for life.

At the end of they day, these ladies will come out blazing screaming their heads off about how all men are dogs sleeping around (forgetting the serious guy) and/or how they are so much of whinny sissies.

A note to the ladies who care to the listen: many of these so called "exciting" guys with lots of "swag" are immature and have nothing to offer. They drive Range Rovers and have no money to buy the fuel. You need to change your mindset and if you want to get married, be ready to submit to the man who only loves you. A man who loves you will not raise his hands to hit you. The "love" and the "submission" comes naturally, it is not forced.

In case you don't know I have been married for years and I have not had any cause to regret. And my wife is a successful business consultant.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 28, 2012
Rocktation: A lot of men are scared shitless of successful women really. And so, I blame them instead. Financial success doesn't make a man, so they're the ones that need to work on their self esteem and be confident a little bit more. Cos a man who is confident enough in his own skin, will support a woman's growth. For truly successful women only exude quiet confidence, and would have no need to wear the trousers in their relationships.

Yes, very successful women contrast low self esteemed women, who usually latch themselves to just any available option on ground. They have high expectations (some of which aren't wholly realistic) and they wouldn't readily accept less than what they know/think they deserve. So it would seem as if they're single by choice.

But I bet you, they're all stuck up with themselves as their own dragons, and await rescue by the one that can actually prove his worth....as is the due duty of men from the beginning of time.

So rewind---Why are single women rampant?
They are because low self esteemed men are. Shikena.
Abeg make we hear word, this is bunkum(no offence). I don't need to be proving anything to anybody save mself. If I approach a woman, I do so with my 'me-ness', I don't need her validation of my quality cos I know me. She either likes or she doesn't, if she's attracted to me she can proceed to gain better underdtanding of me, my personality or my character(I don't mean behaviour here). If she feels we're compatible, we roll(afterall it takes two). No time for tests and spreadsheet analsis abeg. No time.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Naijaklef: 11:22am On Jun 28, 2012
Rocktation:

Well how else would you explain a man that's intimidated by a woman's success and/or flintiness? Or does intimidation and overall self worth not come in thesame breath?

@rockstation,

Let just agree wit u dat men are intimidated by woman success. We men agree! howeva , u nid to know dat  every1  has got choices...including dis overgrown ladies.

If a guy's priority is to marry a GOOD WOMAN ...and not a successful career woman with plenty of money then dat his choice!

If dis overgrown ladies' choice is to make plenty of money then let them make plenty of it. Dats her choice! Wen dey r done, they can marry d  money and success and remain in their fathers house.

Whenever, dey feel d urge to have sex, they can contact those young guys
Who r willing to service dem for money.

Dis money will b used at end of d day to marry a GOOD WOMAN dat his 
Heart desires!

D question is ....WHO LOST OUT IN DIS LIFE'S GAME? grin grin grin
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 28, 2012
Very typical of women to not look inwards and accept responsibility. Guys aint approaching? Oh, they scared of my success. Bittch please. Of 50million Nigerian men there is not one confident brother to approach? ok. Broke arse girls won't even respond politely to a perceived poor admirer/toaster, talk less career-toting urbane ladies. I am not generalising but you have to look at the trend. That it's even up for discussion/debate says a lot. Me o I like woman wella, and I dey toast/try m luck steady, the things wey some so-called careerr women dey take respond fit finish man. As a result, I am ruthless, I don't give second chances o, fcck up and bounce, no time for nansense. If you don't want to marry no p, but if you have hopes of matrimony it would seerve you well to acquaint yourself with the tools/skills for a successful relationship. No man wants to come from work and work to smile or have a good time at home. No man wants to compete for headship in his own home. If you come off as a contender in who wears the pants in the home, you're on a long thing o. Better you adopt, get knocked up or settle for an unsuspecting maye.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Rocktation(f): 12:46pm On Jun 28, 2012
@Isa

Don't know about the whiny sissies and all, but this time you related more with what i mean. Generalization is the b.itch actually and so my answer was in line with the question--Why are single women rampant?
It'd be wrong to say that all those men are scared of these women's rigidity. But won't it also be wrong to say that all those women are still single because of their stoutness? Or do some stout ones not actually get married? With their standards and all?

Everybody has got their touchstones for selection of whatever and whoever they want, so who are we really to say that they don't deserve to get whatever they believe that they deserve to?

I cannot help though, but continually hit on the fact that the ability of most of these so-called rigid singles to make certain concessions (where marriage is concerned), lies heavily in the hands of the men they apppeal to, but yet do not approach them, based on the mere observation that they are 'rigid', 'successful', or 'have high tastes'.

Like someone i know will always say; every man can sweep every woman off their feet. You just need the right broom.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Isaleeko2: 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2012
Rocktation: @Isa

Don't know about the whiny sissies and all, but this time you related more with what i mean. Generalization is the b.itch actually and so my answer was in line with the question--Why are single women rampant?
It'd be wrong to say that all those men are scared of these women's rigidity. But won't it also be wrong to say that all those women are still single because of their stoutness? Or do some stout ones not actually get married? With their standards and all?

Everybody has got their touchstones for selection of whatever and whoever they want, so who are we really to say that they don't deserve to get whatever they believe that they deserve to?

I cannot help though, but continually hit on the fact that the ability of most of these so-called rigid singles to make certain concessions (where marriage is concerned), lies heavily in the hands of the men they apppeal to, but yet do not approach them, based on the mere observation that they are 'rigid', 'successful', or 'have high tastes'.

Like someone i know will always say; every man can sweep every woman off their feet. You just need the right broom.

Well, at this point, I am 100% with you...
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Rocktation(f): 1:18pm On Jun 28, 2012
Halleluyah...was beginning to get a head ache already. smiley
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by djon78(m): 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2012
@op the reason is because most of those so called single ladies have no VALUABLE CHARACTER, and no SUBSTANCE in them.
they may have money, beauty and class but all these particular attributes are vain not the real substance, which cannot stand test of time.

and most guys are much wiser, they always look for the real, susbstance needed in a woman for a good marriage which are: repect, humility, submition, ability to manage a home etc.

it was when i was much younger that i was moved by so called, beautiful, rich, and classy women but after my experiences omo those women no get any substance nor any iota of xter in them. it is just maybe 5 in a million chance of getting meaningful girl from those category of women.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by ola4yinka(m): 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2012
deshclones: ...ladies that have virtually everything a man wants...beauty,good job/business,degree,exposure..etc../
....when a lady have all these qualities, men are bound to be scared cos they come with loads of trouble....

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Beync(f): 3:33pm On Jun 28, 2012
Actually men are scarce in Nigeria. We are making arrangement on importing some men from liberia.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys Can You Do This To A Girl(photo) / Ladies And Gents, Would You Allow Your Sister Leave The House Dressed Like This? / Why Are Many Wives Cheating On Their Husbands These Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.