Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness (15312 Views)

An Example Of How Science Trails Far Behind The Bible / Charles Finney: An Example Of A Prayer Man / A Fine Example Of Religious Tolerance - *SARCASM* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 03, 2012
lestat:

@ logicboy01

you see, you have to understand first of all that the bible was written by human beings, who received spiritually the message but as is natural will try to write it down how the author perceives that very message. if you showed 10 people a film clip you can never get 10 exact recounts of the same clip, instead you would get 10 varying versions. Hence why the story of the Life of our Lord Jesus as seen by Mark, Mathew ,Luke and John have individual accounts. A Human is an immensely flawed being.

GBAM!! GBAM!!! GBAM!!

Been saying this for the longest time.

You da man!!

@ekt_bear

Those are perfect examples.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 5:56am On Jul 03, 2012
If it were a man doing what God did in Genesis, that man would be arrested and locked up, and his kids taken away from him. We'd call such a man a negligent father, no?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 5:57am On Jul 03, 2012
You went to ALL THIS EFFORT to make the world in 7 days, make human beings, but you let the Devil roam around and Bleep it all up.

Why? What is the point of that?

You let your BIGGEST ENEMY hang around your kids?

Why would you do that?

Why is it the kids fault, and not your own?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 5:59am On Jul 03, 2012
I think if you spend too much time thinking about the Old Testament, you will become an atheist. Either that, or someone who hates supernatural forces or hates God.

It is better to just think about the New Testament, in my opinion.

At least the God of that book is loving and kind.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 03, 2012
@ekt_bear: Take am easy..
I'm atheistic to the gods of all RELIGIONS... I'm irreligious.. I live life based on logic and reason realizing that sometimes they may have limits. Those limits do not scare me, instead they make me more inquisitive.
I want to know more, enjoy life...

So for one to tell me that the Christian God loves me and killed HIMSELF/SON/PIKIN for me and ONLY by believing in HIS BLOOD would I be saved from HIS PUNISHMENT, well 4k that kind of SALVATION...
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 6:02am On Jul 03, 2012
Anyway, with all this said, I still like Christianity and consider myself a Christian.

It overall is a pretty good religion.

But I think if you think too deeply about some parts of it, you will drive yourself insane.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by kandiikane(m): 6:03am On Jul 03, 2012
ekt_bear: Anyway, with all this said, I still like Christianity and consider myself a Christian.

But I think if you think too deeply about some parts of it, you will drive yourself insane.

lol, after you don question your faith finish? cheesy
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 6:06am On Jul 03, 2012
Or maybe God isn't omnipotent?

Because if he is omnipotent, and he let the devil get into the garden and tempt humans, then he sounds like a really....well, you fill in the blanks.

Maybe God is not as strong as we think. Also, remember in the Old Testament, he said he wanted to prevent Adam and Eve from eating from the 2nd tree, the one that gives eternal life or something.

So maybe I'm misinterpreting these things. If he is not omnipotent, if he makes mistakes too, then I guess we can chalk these things up just to errors he made. Not evil or vindictiveness.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 03, 2012
ekt_bear: Or maybe God isn't omnipotent?

Because if he is omnipotent, and he let the devil get into the garden and tempt humans, then he sounds like a really....well, you fill in the blanks.

Maybe God is not as strong as we think. Also, remember in the Old Testament, he said he wanted to prevent Adam and Eve from eating from the 2nd tree, the one that gives eternal life or something.

So maybe I'm misinterpreting these things. If he is not omnipotent, if he makes mistakes too, then I guess we can chalk these things up just to errors he made. Not evil or vindictiveness.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by kandiikane(m): 6:07am On Jul 03, 2012

They said we were made from his image, if we can make mistakes, he probably can.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 03, 2012
ekt_bear: Anyway, with all this said, I still like Christianity and consider myself a Christian.

thats exactly what a friend said and she vowed never to think about the evil atrocities of God (mental slavery). Thats not Love at all.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 6:09am On Jul 03, 2012
kandiikane:

lol, after you don question your faith finish? cheesy

Hehe grin

Well, I was raised to question almost everything. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking questions about your religion, so you can better understand it.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 03, 2012

What if?

What if Lucifer was the first RULER of Heaven
And Yahweh was commander of the angels?

What if after Lucifer had created the earth and humans, he'd also put a tree of knowledge?
What if Yahweh and Gabriel worked together to usurp Lucifer?

What if YAHWEH was scared the HUMANS would find THIS TRUTH/HYPOTHESIS out by eating of the tree of knowledge, SO HE WARNED THEM NOT TO?

What if LUCIFER decided to sneak into the garden of Eden, to warn the HUMANS Of the TRAITOR?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 03, 2012
kandiikane:

They said we were made from his image, if we can make mistakes, he probably can.
and also he aint perfect!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 6:11am On Jul 03, 2012
kandiikane:

This is probably a good point.

God probably is just a more powerful version of us.

Maybe the Greek/Roman concept of God (or rather, the gods) is the correct one.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by kandiikane(m): 6:11am On Jul 03, 2012
ekt_bear:

Hehe grin

Well, I was raised to question almost everything. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking questions about your religion, so you can better understand it.
ok oo. tongue
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 03, 2012
Dude, there is nothing like God. It's all human invention.

How can a wicked God be merciful? Yet there is no contradiction in God!
How can the omnipotent be fighting satan the devil for donkey years and the winner is yet to emerge?
How can impartial God favored Jacob even from the womb of his Mother? What was the offence of Esau?
How can the all knowing failed to know that devil would tempt Adam?

Christianity is a fraud.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 03, 2012
ekt_bear:

come to think of it, have you ever read a thrilling novel or another form of literature with fancy stories just like the bible? Then you would see the power of mans imagination. All those stories are imaginations ala shakespeare
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 6:18am On Jul 03, 2012
bayooooooo:
How can impartial God favored Jacob even from the womb of his Mother? What was the offence of Esau?

Man do you know how much that fucking pissed me off when reading it as a kid?

What did Esau do that God decided to hate him?

What crime did he commit?

Why was it OK for Jacob to DECEIVE HIS FATHER to steal Esau's birthright?

Why was God playing tricks behind Isaac's back to defraud him? cry cry cry

Man that story made me angry.

Someone tell me what Esau did that was wrong.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by kandiikane(m): 6:19am On Jul 03, 2012
ekt_bear:

If you go years and years back, we had different versions to who our God/gods are and in those times, we believed those Gods/gods were the most high but now all those beliefs have become myths. I sometimes think, in years and years to come, what if these our religions also become myths engulfed by newer versions?

That is why I think people should stop shoving their religions down other people's throat. No one in this day and age has died and came back with evidence(we have heard many in books written thousands of years ago but with no evidence) to say which is the right religion or whether there is even a God.

We may probably just become a nothingness just as we were before we were born or it could be true that there is a God or gods. Who knows?

I am questioning but just incase, I will just follow one religion so, atleast I have a chance of not burning if God dey.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 03, 2012
bayooooooo: Dude, there is nothing like God. It's all human invention.

How can a wicked God be merciful? Yet there is no contradiction in God!
How can the omnipotent be fighting satan the devil for donkey years and the winner is yet to emerge?
How can the all knowing failed to know that devil would tempt Adam?

Christianity is a fraud.
the worrying part is that he and satan were in communion to take away probably innocent lives. And that may be the same scenario today just an example about boko haram still killing why religious folks are crying to God for help. The way i look at it, boko are killing christians to test their faith in God going by the job account.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by shanicemel(f): 6:20am On Jul 03, 2012
oga atheist l beleive u r aware that no man created d mountains nor d oceans even d great newton came and met it thats to let u know that there is a God who created good and evil if l were u which l would never like to b keep quiet and meditate on where ur poor lost soul will go when u depart thid world haba human beings
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 6:21am On Jul 03, 2012
God of the Old Testament plays favorites too much, also.

Why does he let the Israelites genocide, rape and kill whoever they want?

Why did God favor Joseph over his brothers?

How can you "win" the favor of God if he is biased against you before you are even born?

How can you "win" if he will always favor the Jews over you?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 6:22am On Jul 03, 2012
kandiikane:
I am questioning but just incase, I will just follow one religion so, atleast I have a chance of not burning if God dey.

grin grin grin
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by bigtt76(f): 6:22am On Jul 03, 2012
The book of Job is just meant to tell us that God let's us go through hardship in order for us to achieve glory and appreciate His greatness.

Nowhere in the bible did any of the Men closest to God had it smooth. From Abraham down to Jesus Christ. Are we saying God could not have transported Abraham to the promise land without him walking all his life? Or fly the Isrealites out of Egypt in one swoop?

God knows the heart of men and their future ...if he allowed Satan take away Job's family and wealth ...its because God knew they were not the best for him at that point in time. Surely God's replacement more than doubles the earlier one.

Take it or leave it ...the book of Job says it all about our present day life. We are not ready to suffer to enjoy a better tommorow and that's why we lose money daily to pastors who tells us what we want to hear prosperity by giving.

Tithing do not necessarily have to be cash ...you can tithe your faith which you earned by working and believing His holy word ...this the pastors will never tell you.

We all must suffer for a better tomorrow ...no shortcut to success.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 6:25am On Jul 03, 2012
1 Samuel 15:3
King James Version (KJV)
3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Infants. Newborn babies. All should be destroyed and killed. Why?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 03, 2012
ekt_bear: 1 Samuel 15:3
King James Version (KJV)
3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Infants. Newborn babies. All should be destroyed and killed. Why?

Boko Haram did not just start yesterday!

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 6:27am On Jul 03, 2012
Anyway, that is enough for the night.

This is why I try not to think too deeply about religion.

Better to just go to church mindlessly and not think hard about what you are doing.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 03, 2012
shanicemel: oga atheist l beleive u r aware that no man created d mountains nor d oceans even d great newton came and met it thats to let u know that there is a God who created good and evil if l were u which l would never like to b keep quiet and meditate on where ur poor lost soul will go when u depart thid world haba human beings
show me proof God created the mountains you deluded folk. You cant coz you were fed these tales by moonlight and you choose to believe. That doesnt mean God created the mountains and what not. Show me proof of hell or heaven, you cant except you tell me stories you've been fed with.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 6:28am On Jul 03, 2012
bayooooooo:

Boko Haram did not just start yesterday!

abi o

what is the difference between this command and the Boko Haram terrorists?

Or Hitler?

Why is one good, and one evil?

I cannot tell the difference.

Anyway, gnight ya'll...going back somewhere safer (politics, programming, or romance section).
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 03, 2012
If the story of Job is true, then I don't see God as evil, I think he just doesn't know what and how it feels like to be human. It's like the scientist and the lab rat, one is lord over the other, and so does whatever he likes to it. But if he could feel what the other feels, he'd stop his experiments with immediate effect. (Not the best of analogies, I know, but it's the best I can come up with. I'm only just waking up, you know.)
If half the bible is true, then it means God has lost his way and needs to know what being human is all about, 'cause question: if a king kills off your only child, or ten, your spouse and your livelyhood just to test your devotion to him, will you, truthfully, bow down with a clear heart? A heart sans animosity?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 03, 2012
SimonAndal: If the story of Job is true, then I don't see God as evil, I think he just doesn't know what and how it feels like to be human. It's like the scientist and the lab rat, one is lord over the other, and so does whatever he likes to it. But if he could feel what the other feels, he'd stop his experiments with immediate effect. (Not the best of analogies, I know, but it's the best I can come up with. I'm only just waking up, you know.)
If half the bible is true, then it means God has lost his way and needs to know what being human is all about, 'cause question: if a king kills off your only child, or ten, your spouse and your livelyhood just to test your devotion to him, will you, truthfully, bow down with a clear heart? A heart sans animosity?

The highlighted shows God can not be all knowing, the omniscience!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kumuyi: COVID-19 Is Real, It Almost Killed My Pastor / Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) / Who Wrote The New Testament ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.