Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness (15279 Views)

An Example Of How Science Trails Far Behind The Bible / Charles Finney: An Example Of A Prayer Man / A Fine Example Of Religious Tolerance - *SARCASM* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Image123(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
@muskeet
Maybe you should. You have faith in Him yet he hasn't invited you too, abi? Infact Satan's one up on you..
ooo, i see you were jealous.

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
We already meet everyday, don't know what you are referring to exactly. If you mean going to Heaven my home, that one na later, me sef neva readi go yet. But for sure, my bros talk say I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. i believe Him above you, jealous. [s]wats that stuff calloti used to say about being jealous?[/s]

So in essence, it teaches us that a dictator rules us which we all must submit to.. Hence
and essence died.

This same dictator is the one who stands by while Boko Haram bomb churches in Nigeria, watched as His son was killed... a dictator indeed...
And yet you will claim freewill.. what's freewill when we have no choice?
If we're all pawns in the hands of GOD, what's the point of evangelism? To enable GOD make better moves with his pawns?
i said pawns as it were, that is in the sense that we are directly affected by powers greater than we are. Like Job could not stop what was coming/what came on him and his. But he exercised his freewill to keep his integrity, in the stead of cursing God like some advised. You/i also have the freewill to believe God, obey Him and fear Him. But we do not choose when to be born or when to die.

'AND IN ALL THE LAND THERE WERE NO WOMEN FOUND SO FAIR' isn't a comparison?
There was no comparison made with Job's first and second set of children. You are the one making this comparison. You may need your english teacher.

Neither the disciples nor Jesus talked about Job in the new Testament.. so stop posting lies...
you do go on with your ignorance in a swagger.
Jam 5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

dude,seriously,you believe God authored the Bible?i dont mean to burst the bubble and i have tried to be a good christian for many years but the reality is the catholics authored the Bible on the orders of constantine.i really wonder why people dont take the time to read or research.the Bible was compiled almost 400years after the death of Jesus.books by selected authors especially those of paul were collated while books whose authors were considered heretics were burnt and their authors burnt at the stake.bear in mind that all this burning was done in the name of God.also bear in mind that people like martin luther king were considered heretics.
also bear in mind that the popes werent the "epitome of holiness".they waged wars,had wives and mistresses,embezzled funds,engaged in sodomy,adultery and Inbreeding.when you have people of that calibre at the head of the church and they compiled the Bible,you seriously epect me to believe it was perfectly authored by Yahweh himself?
a pathetic case on the ills of internet learning.

See this slowpoke for Jesus. I was baptized and born again. You are free to act crazy and know everything about my christian past without even knowing or seeing me.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you should post more often in the jokes section. What does it mean to be born again?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by snthesis(m): 4:23pm On Jul 04, 2012
I really tried reading all the posts unfortunately cudnt (too lazy grin grin grin grin grin grin)
here's my take on the book of Job and it should clarify any misconceptions.

1stly- God Gave man free will, its either you chose to serve him (Life) or chose not to serve Him (Death), the point that you are alive and you openly chose not to serve Him is by His mercy, nothing else- He looks after His Own.
2ndly- Job was the Only one recognized by satan to be serving God, satan couldnt match the same attribute of devotedness to God with any of his Kindred or Children.
3rdly- even Job realized that his children were not following according to the ways of God- hence he made sacrifices on their behalf (trying to intercede, unfortunately with intercession it doesnt apply to repentance)- Job 1:5 "And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually"
4thly: the devil was able to take away Jobs Children because they belonged to him, they were sinners.

lesson learnt:
if you are still a sinner , u ar outside the hedge of God's protection and are susceptible to the whims of the devil cos you already belong to him.

addendum:
each person has to work his salvation- ur parents or siblings righteousness cant cover for sum1 else- "u are totally on ur own"
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
snthesis: I really tried reading all the posts unfortunately cudnt (too lazy grin grin grin grin grin grin)

1stly- God Gave man free will, its either you chose to serve him (Life) or chose not to serve Him (Death), the point that you are alive and you openly chose not to serve Him is by His mercy, nothing else- He looks after His Own.
2ndly- Job was the Only one recognized by satan to be serving God, satan couldnt match the same attribute of devotedness to God with any of his Kindred or Children.
3rdly- even Job realized that his children were not following according to the ways of God- hence he made sacrifices on their behalf (trying to intercede, unfortunately with intercession it doesnt apply to repentance)- Job 1:5 "And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually"
4thly: the devil was able to take away Jobs Children because they belonged to him, they were sinners.

lesson learnt:
if you are still a sinner , u ar outside the hedge of God's protection and are susceptible to the whims of the devil cos you already belong to him.

addendum:
each person has to work his salvation- ur parents or siblings righteousness cant cover for sum1 else- "u are totally on ur own"

Nothing i can learn from your post
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2012
snthesis: I really tried reading all the posts unfortunately cudnt (too lazy grin grin grin grin grin grin)

lesson learnt:

addendum:

Yawn. Another christian defending the murder of young children. The hypocrisy is that none of these christians including Synthesis would want their family to be judged by Job's standard. Murdered for to test the father's patience.

Where in the bible did it say that Job's children/family were killed because they were not righteous? There were killed because God allowed Satan to test Job. Do not be a liar

[size=18pt]4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied. “A man will give all he has for his own life. 5 But now stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face.[/size]
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Image123(m): 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
And he keeps quoting his father, word for word, with glee.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Femmymata2(m): 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
The job story is quite unbelievable, satan does not know that God is all knowing? Despite all those good times they shared together? Cause i can bet with someone who knows the end from the beginning. And God should have played the film of what would eventually happen to satan and i guess he would believe God and this will save job all the troubles
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2012
This story contradicts Gods omni xteristic.he should know where satan is at all times instead of asking whence comest thou abi?

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
Image123: And he keeps quoting his father, word for word, with glee.

lol....What is wrong with you?

Atheist is not = Satanist
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by UyiIredia(m): 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2012
logicboy01:

Perambulating, beating around the bush and dancing around the issue......

God was tmpted and allowed Job's family to be murdered at the hands of Satan

What's wrong with that ? If he can't routinely destroy someone He wouldn't be God, would He ?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 6:59pm On Jul 04, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

What's wrong with that ? If he can't routinely destroy someone He wouldn't be God, would He ?

You want me to serve a tyrant? Hell no!

He doesnt even exist
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Delafruita(m): 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2012
Image123: @muskeet

ooo, i see you were jealous.

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
We already meet everyday, don't know what you are referring to exactly. If you mean going to Heaven my home, that one na later, me sef neva readi go yet. But for sure, my bros talk say I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. i believe Him above you, jealous. [s]wats that stuff calloti used to say about being jealous?[/s]

and essence died.

i said pawns as it were, that is in the sense that we are directly affected by powers greater than we are. Like Job could not stop what was coming/what came on him and his. But he exercised his freewill to keep his integrity, in the stead of cursing God like some advised. You/i also have the freewill to believe God, obey Him and fear Him. But we do not choose when to be born or when to die.

There was no comparison made with Job's first and second set of children. You are the one making this comparison. You may need your english teacher.

you do go on with your ignorance in a swagger.
Jam 5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

a pathetic case on the ills of internet learning.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you should post more often in the jokes section. What does it mean to be born again?
you didnt make any attepmt to disprove any of the comments.you just kept rumbling.seriously,i epect bettter argument from a person who claims to be "superior" in knowledge and learns "at the feet of the spirit"
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2012
Delafruita:
you didnt make any attepmt to disprove any of the comments.you just kept rumbling.seriously,i epect bettter argument from a person who claims to be "superior" in knowledge and learns "at the feet of the spirit"
Thanks for pointing that out on my behalf. He's trying his best to be funny to cover up for his lack of intelligent replies. He's so desperate to dress up His God as loving he was willing to correct the pawn analogy though surreptitiously...
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Image123(m): 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
diluminati: This story contradicts Gods omni xteristic.he should know where satan is at all times instead of asking whence comest thou abi?

He knows, not every question is borne out of ignorance.

the other posts ibbetween do not need my time.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 10:11pm On Jul 04, 2012
Image123:

He knows, not every question is borne out of ignorance.

the other posts ibbetween do not need my time.

keep digging yourself into a deeper hole
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by snthesis(m): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2012
logicboy01:

Yawn. Another christian defending the murder of[b] young children.
[/b]

Where in the bible did it say that Job's children/family were killed because they were not righteous?
how old were the children

Job knew the kind of children he raised and their attitude towards God, that's why he was always fearful of the harm their lifestyles would bring to them.
Job 1:5 "And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually" - this verse explains the kind of children he raised and his fear for the directions their lifestyle would lead to.

Job 3:25 "For the thing which I greatly feared has come upon me, and that which I was afraid of has come unto me." - this verse explains how his fears came to pass.

do not attach any sentiments to this at all- take for instance the son of the president kills sum1 in anger- His father can only protect him for abit, but the child will still have to pay the penalty.

a better example: a husband and wife relationship- the hubby knws his wife is a slut, so each time he travels he is always fearful that sum other dude will come and shag is wife.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 10:05am On Jul 05, 2012
snthesis:
how old were the children

Job knew the kind of children he raised and their attitude towards God, that's why he was always fearful of the harm their lifestyles would bring to them.
Job 1:5 "And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually" - this verse explains the kind of children he raised and his fear for the directions their lifestyle would lead to.

Job 3:25 "For the thing which I greatly feared has come upon me, and that which I was afraid of has come unto me." - this verse explains how his fears came to pass.

do not attach any sentiments to this at all- take for instance the son of the president kills sum1 in anger- His father can only protect him for abit, but the child will still have to pay the penalty.

a better example: a husband and wife relationship- the hubby knws his wife is a slut, so each time he travels he is always fearful that sum other dude will come and shag is wife.

You are really sick. The quote yu put there doesnt say that the children cursed God. Job just thought that.

However, there is no justification for murdering Job's family for a test.

You would not want the same for your family.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by snthesis(m): 11:49am On Jul 05, 2012
logicboy01:

You are really sick. The quote yu put there doesnt say that the children cursed God. Job just thought that.

However, there is no justification for murdering Job's family for a test.

You would not want the same for your family.
actually, i think u r too blinded to reason

i dnt really know u , but i belief you have traits your parents are fearful that could lead to reproach.
i.e if you grew up always fighting- each time you leave the house -your parents might be afraid that you could get hurt in a fight
if you grewup stealing from home- your parents will be afraid you might one day get bursted by cops
if you are easily provoked- your parent might be fearful of u killing sum1

so please apply the same reasoning to why Job was afraid of his Children cursing God- he had an idea of their unruly nature; Samson's bane was sleeping with prostitutes in the end, he was destroyed by one- y dont u blame God for allowing satan to destroy/overcome Samson
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by sample042(m): 6:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
Nairaland di o.k!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2012
snthesis:
actually, i think u r too blinded to reason

i dnt really know u , but i belief you have traits your parents are fearful that could lead to reproach.
i.e if you grew up always fighting- each time you leave the house -your parents might be afraid that you could get hurt in a fight
if you grewup stealing from home- your parents will be afraid you might one day get bursted by cops
if you are easily provoked- your parent might be fearful of u killing sum1

so please apply the same reasoning to why Job was afraid of his Children cursing God- he had an idea of their unruly nature; Samson's bane was sleeping with prostitutes in the end, he was destroyed by one- y dont u blame God for allowing satan to destroy/overcome Samson

Keep defending murder
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Onliie(m): 6:48am On Jul 06, 2012
logicboy01:

A circle is flat

A circle is not a sphere. A sphere is not flat

Circle used in that context is just poetic. It means sphere. Your low intellect baffles me.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 10:25am On Jul 06, 2012
Onliie:

Circle used in that context is just poetic. It means sphere. Your low intellect baffles me.

Lake of fire/hell is just poetic. It means God's anger. Hell doesnt exist. Your low intellect baffles me
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by DeepSight(m): 10:30am On Jul 06, 2012
logicboy01:

A circle is flat

A circle is not a sphere. A sphere is not flat

Onliie:

School up, guys -

The circle of the earth - Or rather, "above" (על ‛al) the circle of the earth. The word rendered 'circle' (חוּג chûg) denotes "a circle, sphere, or arch"; and is applied to the arch or vault of the heavens, in Proverbs 8:27; Job 22:14. The phrase 'circle,' or 'circuit of the earth,' here seems to be used in the same sense as the phrase orbis terrarum by the Latins; not as denoting a sphere, or not as implying that the earth was a globe, but that it was an extended plain surrounded by oceans and mighty waters. The globular form of the earth was then unknown; and the idea is, that God sat above this extended circuit, or circle; and that the vast earth was beneath his feet.

http://bible.cc/isaiah/40-22.htm
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 10:34am On Jul 06, 2012
Deep Sight:

School up, guys -

The circle of the earth - Or rather, "above" (על ‛al) the circle of the earth. The word rendered 'circle' (חוּג chûg) denotes "a circle, sphere, or arch"; and is applied to the arch or vault of the heavens, in Proverbs 8:27; Job 22:14. The phrase 'circle,' or 'circuit of the earth,' here seems to be used in the same sense as the phrase orbis terrarum by the Latins; not as denoting a sphere, or not as implying that the earth was a globe, but that it was an extended plain surrounded by oceans and mighty waters. The globular form of the earth was then unknown; and the idea is, that God sat above this extended circuit, or circle; and that the vast earth was beneath his feet.

Your quote supports the point that the bible was saying that the earth was a flat circle.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by DeepSight(m): 10:39am On Jul 06, 2012
logicboy01:

Your quote supports the point that the bible was saying that the earth was a flat circle.

Jesus Christ. Where did you learn to read? Don't you think you need a refund of school fees from that institution?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 10:43am On Jul 06, 2012
Deep Sight:

Jesus Christ. Where did you learn to read? Don't you think you need a refund of school fees from that institution?

See this slowpoke!

Did you omit the bold part where it supports a flat earth;

Deep Sight:

School up, guys -

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ndi7(m): 11:07am On Jul 06, 2012
Chapter 10: An Atheist in Hell
We had not gone much farther before I saw a vast number of tormenting
demons. They were continually lashing a large company of wretched souls
with knotted whips of ever burning steel
. The tormented were roaring out
with such loud cries that I thought it might have melted even cruelty itself
into some pity. This made me say to one of the tormentors, “Oh, stop
your whipping, and do not use such cruelty on those who are your fellow
creatures, and whom you probably helped lead to all this misery.”
“No,” answered the tormentor very smoothly. “Though we are bad
enough, no devil was as bad as them, nor were we guilty of such crimes
as they were. We all know there is a God, although we hate Him; but
these souls would never admit (until they came here) that there was such
a Being.”
“Then these,” I said, “were atheists. They are wretched men, and tried to
ruin me had not eternal grace prevented it.”

---- Taken from a book written by a christian (he had an out of body experience) who nearly became an atheist.
I beg you in the Name of Jesus Christ, believe in God, repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:10am On Jul 06, 2012
ndi7: Chapter 10: An Atheist in Hell
a Being.”

---- Taken from a book written by a christian who nearly became atheist.
I beg you in the Name of Jesus Christ, believe in God, repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.

Hell doesnt exist. Hell is being used to keep you in christianity.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Delafruita(m): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2012
ndi7: Chapter 10: An Atheist in Hell
a Being.”

---- Taken from a book written by a christian (he had an out of body experience) who nearly became an atheist.
is this supposed to be a reasonable argument?one mumu sat down and wrote fiction and you're here quoting.one thing i always wonder with this "i went to hell/heaven" clique is why they always write books,or make CDs and sell them.was their visit to heaven/hell supposed to be a money spinner?if they did visit those places,wasnt it supposed to be a message to folks?i will epect the sender of the message to want them to disseminate this message as far as possible.however,this dudes end up making money from their "divine encounter"
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Tobiustobius: 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
If no one has posted this link, allow me:
www.bettermyths.com/what-do-i-keep-telling-you-guys-about-god/
Story of Job- 21st century update.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by God4moi: 2:33am On Oct 24, 2012
FXKing2012:

I've always told u not to talk abt the Bible cos u dont have the spiritual standing to understand it. God never killed Job's family; in fact, Job's family wld not have died if he had not left the protective shield covering him and his family. Job was a very fearful man and his fear made satan to have access to him. But the good thing is he (Job) believed in God strong enough not to deny God.
Pls get knowledge and stop exposing ur folly!

Hey! Me I read the bible o and I don't see where it is writen that Job lost his family because he stoped been an undercover agent. I think that's what you'll like to believe cos its comfortable for you. But what the bible is clear about is that God gave satan the permission to destroy everything that had Job's signature/interest except Job's life just to proof a point.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 24, 2012
God4moi:

Hey! Me I read the bible o and I don't see where it is writen that Job lost his family because he stoped been an undercover agent. I think that's what you'll like to believe cos its comfortable for you. But what the bible is clear about is that God gave satan the permission to destroy everything that had Job's signature/interest except Job's life just to proof a point.

Thank you!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Femmymata2(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
God and satan gambling on job's loyalty. God won, satan lost(did the devil not know that God is all-knowing. Its just like logicboy and God betting on the outcome of a football match.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) / How To Know If You Have Been Called By God / Another Gospel Singer Uncovered As An Illuminati Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.