Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,067 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness (15321 Views)

An Example Of How Science Trails Far Behind The Bible / Charles Finney: An Example Of A Prayer Man / A Fine Example Of Religious Tolerance - *SARCASM* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Delafruita(m): 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

If u say the Bible is not perfect then u say God is not perfect. You can not separate God from his Word, so the Bible is 100% perfect.
dude,you seriously know nothing about the Bible.first off,you need to know that constantine Didnt compile the Bible to spread the gospel,his aim was to use it to control the people and in his own way,entrench peace in his kingdom.if you accept the Bible as perfect then you should accept catholism as been perfect because the catholics compiled the Bible in a selective way.they had a preference for Paul's teachings which aligned more with their aims and objectives.every other teachings were discarded,books were burnt and preachers were executed.you have plenty of catching up to do
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by jcross19: 10:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

There is no God. Not one evidence for god.

Judaism was not even the first religion, so stop spouting ignorant BS
my. Brother don't frustration lead you to destruction.okay you are asking evidence right then look at yourself , you are one of the evidence okay check your body think someone you don't know plan your body physiology and your react with your surrounding, let me give one clue about certain plan of a creator okay why do you. Excrete?if you don't, you know the damage . Then look a machine being filled with a gas after combustion it liberate by-product that it's a machine made by human . Then ask who plan all these physiology in your body. Only a fool will.tell me there is no God . Then let ant-God produce his or her oxygen without making use of the existing resources , then I will believe there is no God. Only the frustrated people come out there is no God.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Delafruita(m): 10:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
druid06:

What chapters where removed if you care to explain?.
you want to understand christianity?research emperor constantine.that man created what christianity is as of today
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
jcross19: my. Brother don't frustration lead you to destruction.okay you are asking evidence right then look at yourself , you are one of the evidence okay check your body think someone you don't know plan your body physiology and your react with your surrounding, let me give one clue about certain plan of a creator okay why do you. Excrete?if you don't, you know the damage . Then look a machine being filled with a gas after combustion it liberate by-product that it's a machine made by human . Then ask who plan all these physiology in your body. Only a fool will.tell me there is no God . Then let ant-God produce his or her oxygen without making use of the existing resources , then I will believe there is no God. Only the frustrated people come out there is no God.

Evolution.

Read about it before you talk nonsense
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
Onliie:

Isaiah 40 vs 22: It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in.

Isaiah 40 vs 22: It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in.

Matthew 4:8, "The devil took him (Jesus) to a very high mountain and displayed before him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence...."

This could only be possible of the world is flat.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Image123(m): 12:18am On Jul 04, 2012
as usual, logickid showing his illogical frustrations and lack of maturity.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Image123(m): 12:39am On Jul 04, 2012
Many people always tell me about the story of Job to strengthen my faith but I think it is a wrong story for faith.
liar liar, you never had faith to begin with.

Story of Job
-Job is a wealthy man with a family
-Satan sees this and wants God to test his faith
-God allows Satan to destroy Jobs family
-Job is also given disease
-Job remains faithful despite suffering
-The devil is angry and God is pleased.

Any non-christian that is not blinded by faith can see the obvious problems in this story

1) Satan tempts God. God agrees. This is contrary to what Jesus told Satan in the wilderness. Contradiction
Even kids know that Job was the one been tested here, not God. God knew the answers already, He's omnitoomuch, remember?

2) God/Satan murders a man's family (children) just to test his faith. For all the christians who agree with this, may the same thing happen to you. "do unto others...". How can this be? Taking innocent lives just because you want to test someone's faith. How would you like it if your children were just killed because someone wants to test your faith?
1Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

3) God replaces Job's wealth and family at the end. This is what is wrong with the bible. It sees women and children as properties you can replace. Can someone replace your mother? Can someone else take the place of your children? God allows Satan to murder Job's children and later "blesses" him with other children. Can someone shout allelujah? God is here with replacement children.

Job 42:13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.
Sentiments, this is not a REPLACEMENT in the sense of substitute, exchange or supplant. but a blessing. Guess you would have preferred that Job had no more children in the end to show us that his children are irreplaceable.

4) Biological warfare. Job's case is one of the many cases the Almighty uses disease to inflict suffering on others. When a militant religious group uses disease to kill others, do not be surprised....oh wait
Even the less deceived of your ilk know from the reading, who inflicted suffering and why. It's unfortunate your lord satan has chosen to have you in total delusion.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by NnaNna4(m): 12:45am On Jul 04, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]I LOVE THE BIBLE. APART FROM THE STORIES THAT TURN YOU INTO A SUPER MAN, IT IS INSPIRING LIKE NO OTHER BOOK AND COME TO THINK OF IT, THE BOOK OF JOB IS ONE OF THE MOST INSPIRING PLACES I HAVE EVER READ IN THE JOURNEY OF FAITH. SO I WILL POINT OUT SOME PLACE THAT INSPIRE ME. AM SURE IT WILL INSPIRE U AS WELL.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 12:48am On Jul 04, 2012
Image123: as usual, logickid showing his illogical frustrations and lack of maturity.

As usual, no rebuttal from Image123. No substance, nothing.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 12:56am On Jul 04, 2012
Image123:
liar liar, you never had faith to begin with.

I was a catholic for 22 years. I didnt know that you were omnipotent to read my mind and know whether I had faith angry

Image123:
Even kids know that Job was the one been tested here, not God. God knew the answers already, He's omnitoomuch, remember?

Satan tempted God and God allowed it;

[size=14pt]4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied. “A man will give all he has for his own life. 5 But now stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face.”[/size]

Image123:
1Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Context?

Image123:
Job 42:13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.
Sentiments, this is not a REPLACEMENT in the sense of substitute, exchange or supplant. but a blessing. Guess you would have preferred that Job had no more children in the end to show us that his children are irreplaceable.

A blessing? What part of murdering children is a blessing. Do you know what it is to lose a child? Losing a child just for a test of faith is not funn

Image123:
Even the less deceived of your ilk know from the reading, who inflicted suffering and why. It's unfortunate your lord satan has chosen to have you in total delusion.

Satan doesnt exist.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by NnaNna4(m): 12:58am On Jul 04, 2012
[b][/b][s][/s][i][/i]1:20
Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,

1:21
And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

1:22
In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

LESEN 1 JOB RETAINED HIS INTEGRITY
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 1:00am On Jul 04, 2012
Nn-a-Nn-a:
[b][/b][s][/s][i][/i]1:20
Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,

1:21
And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

1:22
In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

LESEN 1 JOB RETAINED HIS INTEGRITY

You need psychiatric help
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Image123(m): 1:12am On Jul 04, 2012
Funny isn't it?
Was the Lord here GOD or JESUS?
And Satan joined the party?
The two of them, do you think? And of course satan yoined the phatty, you jealous?

To be honest this is one of the most unfortunate stories I've ever read in the bible and I have never gleaned anything spiritual or higher from it (aside from job describing the elements and the power of his god).
Poor dear. The account of Job is one of hope amidst many sundry lessons
Job 14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
It also teaches that you can always try again, and start again whatever you may have lost.
It teaches that a man's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses. Job had great character, and he was able to rise above his storm. He was able to maintain his integrity and righteousness in the midst of adversity.
It teaches us not to hold on to the things of this world too much. Many would have lost sanity if a tenth of what happened to Job happened to them, many will be down for life, many more would commit suicide. But if you hold on to God, nothing can really really shake you, as it were.
It teaches us that we are been observed and scored, both by God and the devil. And that not everything that happens just happened. There MAY be some other reason we can always check up.
It humbles us and reminds/instructs us that there are forces and powers greater than us, to whom we answer.

It made me wonder if we are mere pawns in an egotistical battle between god and his adversary...their contention was so that it interfered with and affected the life of another and in extension his family, employees, livestock and charities for the duration of their bet. So in essence it was not only the life of one man that was interfered with and I doubt those that were rendered as collateral damage were directly compensated for during the period of their own loss.
yes, we are mere pawns as it were. Realise that for your own good. man is often tempted to think highly of himself more than he ought to think. We are local champions, and we need God than we need oxygen.
Isa 40:17 All nations before him are as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.
Job's calamities only affected him and his. And in the broader perspective, he'll still get to meet his children in paradise, as he often sacrificed and prayed for them. The book of Job is the first book of the Bible chronologically BTW

Job 1:5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

2Sa 12:23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

And the most absurd part of the story is that in the end Job had another batch of 10 children who were said to be even more beautiful than the last set. Would it even matter if they were not attractive or even less attractive than the last 10?...a child is irreplaceable talkless of ten...that loss cannot be glossed over with beauty.

Job 42:15 And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.
There was no comparison made with Job's first and second set of children. You are the one making this comparison.

Albeit I understand that trials may exist to make one stronger or refine their character but the manner in which this was allowed to occur - to prove Job to the devil who was already said to be "perfect" - was pretty callous in my opinion of course.
your opinion remains irrelevant in the face of the opinion of the likes of apostle James and other precious brethren who have gleaned strength, faith and hope from the book of Job. Job didn't lose out in the broad view. He had his wife, his friends, his relatives, more possessions than he ever had before the test, and above a hundred more years to boot, with the finest in the land. He was the greatest man in the whole East, this man was the greatest of all the men of the east. A faith champion.'
Job 42:16 After this lived Job a hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations.
Job 42:17 So Job died, being old and full of days.

i wonder if the author of job was actually in heaven to record the conversation between God and Satan.
Sure, don't you remember? God authored the Bible.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by NnaNna4(m): 1:16am On Jul 04, 2012
AND GOD SAID TO THE DEVIL

2:3
............................... and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.

the book of job inspires me alot. God can go any lenghth to justify his word.

GOD OWNS THE EARTH SO HE DECIDES WHAT HE WILL DO WITH MAN PER TIME

PSALM 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
50:11 I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.
50:12 If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.
GOD LOVES MANKIND HE COULD SACRIFICE SOME FOR OTHERS INCLUDING HIS OWN SON.

JOB UNDERSTANDS THIS SO HE SAID
13:15
Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

13:16
He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him.

LESSON 2:JOB KNOWS THAT ANY HALF TRUST IN GOD IS HYPOCRISY. JOB IS A PREFECT MAN IN THE THINGS OF GOD. I ALWAYS LIKE TO GET INSPIRATION FROM THE BOOK OF JOB
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Image123(m): 1:17am On Jul 04, 2012
logicboy01:

I was a catholic for 22 years. I didnt know that you were omnipotent to read my mind and know whether I had faith angry

Satan doesnt exist.

You were never born again, in other words, Jesus never knew you, in basic words, you never had faith. satan doesn't exist, but God conveniently exists in your follydom, so that you can talk about Him all year long on nairaland. You need a useful job.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 1:24am On Jul 04, 2012
Image123:
You were never born again, in other words, Jesus never knew you, in basic words, you never had faith. satan doesn't exist, but God conveniently exists in your follydom, so that you can talk about Him all year long on nairaland. You need a useful job.

When I talk about God or Satan, it is always hypothetical.

BTW...I had faith. A christian believes in Jesus as his or her saviour. I believed and then I stopped. Who are you to judge who is a christian or not?

You would be the 1st person to claim that Oyedepo/Okotie are christians. Hypocrite
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by NnaNna4(m): 1:33am On Jul 04, 2012
JOB WAS THE RICHEST IN THE EAST. HE HAD RICH FRIENDS TOO BUT WHEN HIS TRIALS CAME THREE OF HIS FRIENDS THAT CAME INSTEAD OF COMFORT BECAME UNSUPPORTING
AND MADE UNWISE SPEACHES LIKE LOGICBOY01

34:35
Job hath spoken without knowledge, and his words were without wisdom.

34:36
My desire is that Job may be tried unto the end because of his answers for wicked men.

34:37
For he addeth rebellion unto his sin, he clappeth his hands among us, and multiplieth his words against God.

JOB WAS OFFENDED IN THEIR OFFENSIVES
19:1
Then Job answered and said,

19:2
How long will ye vex my soul, and break me in pieces with words?

19:3
These ten times have ye reproached me: ye are not ashamed that ye make yourselves strange to me.

YET JOB REMAINED FAITHFUL AND GOD JUSTIFIED JOB TO PRAY FOR HIS FRIENDS

42:10
And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends

LESSON THREE: YOU MUST BE PATIENT WITH GOD TO FIND OUT HIS PLANS FOR YOUR LIFE
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by NnaNna4(m): 1:51am On Jul 04, 2012
MY ADVICE

learn from job
learn from his wife
learn from his circumstances
learn from his three friends
learn from the Almighty God
learn about satan and finally
learn from the book of job. LEARN i say, not ARGUE! Moreover,

Titus 3:9
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law(Bible); for they are unprofitable and vain.

3:10
A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject;

3:11
Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by raynold17(m): 7:11am On Jul 04, 2012
u guys can say all the nonsense u want but am still a CATHOLIC now and forever will be... get a life. peace!!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by jcross19: 7:11am On Jul 04, 2012
logicboy01:

Evolution.

Read about it before you talk nonsense
ahahaahaha ,who is talking ? You ofcourse .how many monkeys has turn human being. That evolution theory is use to abuse Black that's the reason white call black monkey unless if you evolve from monkey , I don't know for you.evolution theory is a pure hypothesis since there is fish that has turn to bird so my brother don't. Fool yourself. Only the frustrated one deny the existent of God and those who want live this life with fullness without obeying law of karma my brother God dey oh oh because I was once saying like this too because am a scientist too but until I discovered something I couldn't explain. Boy when you will know wait till you die okay.

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by jcross19: 7:30am On Jul 04, 2012
Nn-a-Nn-a:
MY ADVICE

learn from job
learn from his wife
learn from his circumstances
learn from his three friends
learn from the Almighty God
learn about satan and finally
learn from the book of job. LEARN i say, not ARGUE! Moreover,

Titus 3:9
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law(Bible); for they are unprofitable and vain.

3:10
A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject;

3:11
Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

bible says God is merciful in which I know that God is merciful then tell how can a merciful God allow such affliction upon his lovely servant huh are you going to tell me is a test to job such test that. Wipe off his family and bible says God is merciful okay look at the story of those old testament how cruel they were,destruction calamity, slavery even raping in old testament how cruel and wicked they were and claimg to their followers that the same merciful father jesus preach about in new testament ordered such crimes .unless you will tell me God do change like we remember one of God alias. Unchangeable changer to tell you he never change ,he remain the same forever . Am a christian too wise do not brain washed wise up and ask for God to givem…
full understanding of the bible . Not all things is real some are fables okay and some are canala act.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FXKing2012(m): 8:17am On Jul 04, 2012
Delafruita:
dude,you seriously know nothing about the Bible.first off,you need to know that constantine Didnt compile the Bible to spread the gospel,his aim was to use it to control the people and in his own way,entrench peace in his kingdom.if you accept the Bible as perfect then you should accept catholism as been perfect because the catholics compiled the Bible in a selective way.they had a preference for Paul's teachings which aligned more with their aims and objectives.every other teachings were discarded,books were burnt and preachers were executed.you have plenty of catching up to do

This is what books written by atheists and unbelievers who want to discredit the Bible have been teaching you. You all are agents of the devil who try to reduce the Bible into a mere story book, you will all fail. The Bible is a spiritual book and it is the Word of God Almighty - thatz whether you choose to believe it or not. Those who tried it before u have all died and are frying in hell. You are the one who has a lot of catching up to do cos u are so lost.

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Image123(m): 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2012
logicboy01:

When I talk about God or Satan, it is always hypothetical.

BTW...I had faith. A christian believes in Jesus as his or her saviour. I believed and then I stopped. Who are you to judge who is a christian or not?

You would be the 1st person to claim that Oyedepo/Okotie are christians. Hypocrite
were you ever a new creature in Christ, were you ever born again? i am very certain that you wasted the first 22years of your life if the answers are negative. You never had faith, you were only born into a religion, you are yet without faith and wasting your life still.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
Image123:
were you ever a new creature in Christ, were you ever born again? i am very certain that you wasted the first 22years of your life if the answers are negative. You never had faith, you were only born into a religion, you are yet without faith and wasting your life still.
So you are the standard by which being born again is now measured?
How can you claim one 'NEVER' had faith?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2012
Image123:
The two of them, do you think? And of course satan yoined the phatty, you jealous?
Maybe you should. You have faith in Him yet he hasn't invited you too, abi? Infact Satan's one up on you..

Image123:
Job 14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
It also teaches that you can always try again, and start again whatever you may have lost.
It teaches that a man's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses. Job had great character, and he was able to rise above his storm. He was able to maintain his integrity and righteousness in the midst of adversity.
It teaches us not to hold on to the things of this world too much. Many would have lost sanity if a tenth of what happened to Job happened to them, many will be down for life, many more would commit suicide. But if you hold on to God, nothing can really really shake you, as it were.
It teaches us that we are been observed and scored, both by God and the devil. And that not everything that happens just happened. There MAY be some other reason we can always check up.
It humbles us and reminds/instructs us that there are forces and powers greater than us, to whom we answer.
So in essence, it teaches us that a dictator rules us which we all must submit to.. Hence

Image123:
yes, we are mere pawns as it were. Realise that for your own good. man is often tempted to think highly of himself more than he ought to think. We are local champions, and we need God than we need oxygen.
Isa 40:17 All nations before him are as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.
This same dictator is the one who stands by while Boko Haram bomb churches in Nigeria, watched as His son was killed... a dictator indeed...
And yet you will claim freewill.. what's freewill when we have no choice?
If we're all pawns in the hands of GOD, what's the point of evangelism? To enable GOD make better moves with his pawns?

Image123:
Job's calamities only affected him and his. And in the broader perspective, he'll still get to meet his children in paradise, as he often sacrificed and prayed for them. The book of Job is the first book of the Bible chronologically BTW
Job 1:5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

2Sa 12:23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

Job 42:15 And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.
There was no comparison made with Job's first and second set of children. You are the one making this comparison.

'AND IN ALL THE LAND THERE WERE NO WOMEN FOUND SO FAIR' isn't a comparison?

Image123:
your opinion remains irrelevant in the face of the opinion of the likes of apostle James and other precious brethren who have gleaned strength, faith and hope from the book of Job. Job didn't lose out in the broad view. He had his wife, his friends, his relatives, more possessions than he ever had before the test, and above a hundred more years to boot, with the finest in the land. He was the greatest man in the whole East, this man was the greatest of all the men of the east. A faith champion.'
Neither the disciples nor Jesus talked about Job in the new Testament.. so stop posting lies...

Image123:
Job 42:16 After this lived Job a hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations.

Great end to a really horrible story..
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Delafruita(m): 2:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
Image123:

Sure, don't you remember? God authored the Bible.

dude,seriously,you believe God authored the Bible?i dont mean to burst the bubble and i have tried to be a good christian for many years but the reality is the catholics authored the Bible on the orders of constantine.i really wonder why people dont take the time to read or research.the Bible was compiled almost 400years after the death of Jesus.books by selected authors especially those of paul were collated while books whose authors were considered heretics were burnt and their authors burnt at the stake.bear in mind that all this burning was done in the name of God.also bear in mind that people like martin luther king were considered heretics.
also bear in mind that the popes werent the "epitome of holiness".they waged wars,had wives and mistresses,embezzled funds,engaged in sodomy,adultery and incest.when you have people of that calibre at the head of the church and they compiled the Bible,you seriously epect me to believe it was perfectly authored by Yahweh himself?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Delafruita(m): 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012:

This is what books written by atheists and unbelievers who want to discredit the Bible have been teaching you. You all are agents of the devil who try to reduce the Bible into a mere story book, you will all fail. The Bible is a spiritual book and it is the Word of God Almighty - thatz whether you choose to believe it or not. Those who tried it before u have all died and are frying in hell. You are the one who has a lot of catching up to do cos u are so lost.
dude,seriously,christianity is one of the most disorganised religion in the world.there are more sects in christianity than there are sands on the seashore.every sect tells you "God is here" and "beware of false prophets".do you even realise the only reason we have protestantism in the world is because henry viii wanted a male child and the pope refused him a divorce?i mean thats one of the sickest reasons for breaking awayfrom the catholic church and founding the anglican church.but the anglicans will tell you their church was founded on the "rock".i bet most anglicans dont even know the founder of their church had his wives beheaded for failing to give him a male child.there are more churches on my street than there are businesses.every church pastes banners and organizes "special programme" all in a bid to get more members.i once visited a friend and went to his church,newcomers were asked to "signify by raising the hand".i did and next thing i am been given a "form to fill" and been informed of the "weekly programmes".as in,i wasnt even asked which church i was attending before or where am from or what i do.the emphasis is on increasing membership.nowadays you hear statements like "he pastors a 50,000 member church" "our church auditorium can take 5000 people".is that supposed to be the aim of christianity?
christians claim to be meek and to always "turn the other cheek" but most of them dont even know about the crusades.they dont know the number of innocent women and children that were killed in the name of christ.they dont know the millions that were expelled from spain and portugal just for been "heretics".they dont know the hundreds of thousands that were burnt at the stake,beheaded all in the name of christ.
dude you insult my sensibility by trying to potray christianity as a perfect religion and me as an agent of perdition who is out to tarnish it.to the contrary,i pride myself on my ability to still be able to believe in God despite all the stuff i know.however i read the Bible just the same way i would read abraham lincoln's autobiography or richard templar's rules of life.
the story of job is at best,allegorical.similar to the parables of Jesus.a story told to instruct and guide in the faith which probably has its origin in folklore.its inconceivable that God and the Devil will have such a conversation.it defies everything the Bible stands for.the devil is supposed to be the enemmy who rebelled in an attempt to dethrone God(this story in itself sounds more like a movie straight out of nollywood).how then does he get such a comfortable rapport with God?its just bollocks,totally ridiculous.i believe in the idea of God.i believe in an intelligent design by a creator.but i dont believe in the idea of God the book of job potrays.just as i dont believe the idea of a God that destroys the world with a flood.just as i dont believe in the idea of a God the creates the entire world and select a people as dumb as the isrealites to be his "chosen ones" and then uses them to wage war against all the other people he created.just as i dont believe in the idea of an omnipotent God who creates satan and doesnt know he will rebel.just as i dont believe in the idea of a God who creates the entire world and then creates a "tree of life" or a "tree of knowledge of good and evil".it just doesnt add up.if adam wasnt supposed to eat of the tree of life or the tree of knowledge of good and evil,why was the tree created?it implausible that microsoft will knowingly include a virus in its windows 7 unless its initial aim was to cause the destruction of the operating system.than analogy again doesnt fit the profile of my idea of God.

my idea of God trascends that of christianity,islam,buddism,hinduism,confusciunism,zoroasterism,taoism etc.all these religions have their holy books with beautiful stories just like those of the Bible.i read them all and i accept them all albeit selectively.my idea of God is of a creator that creates a world and enjoys the intrigues of his creatures be them goats,crocodiles,humans or fireflies.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Onliie(m): 3:11pm On Jul 04, 2012
logicboy01:

Matthew 4:8, "The devil took him (Jesus) to a very high mountain and displayed before him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence...."

This could only be possible of the world is flat.

Logicboy, you are the most illogical boy I've ever come across. Didn't you see "circle of the earth" in my post? It shows that the bible already speaks about the sphericity of the earth before copernicus or galileo discovered it.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2012
Image123:

See this slowpoke for Jesus. I was baptized and born again. You are free to act crazy and know everything about my christian past without even knowing or seeing me.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2012
Onliie:

Logicboy, you are the most illogical boy I've ever come across. Didn't you see "circle of the earth" in my post? It shows that the bible already speaks about the sphericity of the earth before copernicus or galileo discovered it.

A circle is flat

A circle is not a sphere. A sphere is not flat
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Image123(m): 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
musKeeto:
So you are the standard by which being born again is now measured?
How can you claim one 'NEVER' had faith?
The Bible is the standard, not me. By their fruits we know them.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2012
@image123
the story of job doesnt need to be true for you to conceive your life lessons from it.even motivational speakers create their lessons from fictions and everyday life of humans.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells / Why Infant Baptism Should Stop! / Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.