Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,538 members, 7,812,668 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage (13232 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? / Do Women Change After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by betterbest: 5:58pm On Aug 07, 2012
My gal has changed her number twice...cox dos I.d.i.o.t wouldn't stop calling her nd it sting like honeybee

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by greatgod2012(f): 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
i dont think its necessary once there is love, understanding,and most importantly 'complete openness' about d past, i mean d past ex...s,
from both parties.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by coalcoal1(m): 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Whoa! Dude, only number? What about the email address??

You know what. . .one can't be too careful these days, so how allow me to suggest the following

Change number, change email, change twitter, change facebook, change linkdin, change BB Pin, Change whatsapp, change Hoookt, Move out of the country, change name (not hers but yours. . .since people can still find her if they know she is married to you), Change her face. . .like I said earlier, one can't be too careful, so changing her face eliminates her being recognized by ex suitors.

Oh, oh, while we are at it. . .Change her voice too. You know them stalkers with their "Oh baby, I will recognize your voice anywhere". . .Sick bast[i]a[/i]rds angry angry

Crapity Crap!! I just thought of something. . .what about the new people she meets once you get rid of all traces of her past? Some of them could be potential suitors/stalkers oh!! That's it. . .y'all should just pack your bags and move to a cave in the remotest city at the ends of the earth.

Ah! Now you can relax and have a Happy Married Life with your wife!!!!!! wink

sisi, u have just said my mind and even more. Pls, tell them. I always love ur comments. U have a unique way of expression.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by adeyak83(m): 6:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
it does'nt matter, it's depend on how truthful that woman is, even if her husband change her number, he can't change her ex-ones.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Donane(m): 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
Its a nice idea but what about the men?
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by UyiIredia(m): 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
Why should women have to change their phone numbers after marriage ? What about the men ?
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by UnitedManc: 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
I think yes, she should
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2012
The thing no get mita na

U get mouth.. LOL
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2012
Why should she? All she has to do is not pick the phone call of her suitors.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by igubesteve(m): 6:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
Well as for me my wife will not change her no or no's after our marriage bt i will give her a condition on how she will be answering calls bco's i hate mess.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by DramsQ: 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2012
I think it all depends on the ur previous lifestyle. If u were once an xtremely outgoing person with diff types of friends most of which are accustomed to a care free or shouty kind of lifestyle, u may need to change some of those friends which ultimately man you may need to change ur phone no. But if you've always had friends that live a moderate lifestyle then u need not change ur phone no. The truth is marriage involves a change of lifestyle. For u to have a lasting marriage u must surround urself with well cultured people who have ur best interest in heart  who believe in the institution of marriage itself. unless u are in for a battle because all those people will do is to destroy your marriage.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by kayrukky: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
Changing or not changing is not the answer. It is the person in the woman, if she changes the number and she still cutting shows, will you know? It is the person her.
However, communication between husbands and wives is very important as well as understanding.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Truckpusher(m): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2012
[quote author=Sisi_Kill]

You know what. . .one can't be too careful these days, so how allow me to suggest the following

Change number, change email, change twitter, change facebook, change linkdin, change BB Pin, Change whatsapp, change Hoookt, Move out of the country, change name (not hers but yours. . .since people can still find her if they know she is married to you), Change her face. . .like I said earlier, one can't be too careful, so changing her face eliminates her being recognized by ex suitors.

Oh, oh, while we are at it. . .Change her voice too. You know them stalkers with their "Oh baby, I will recognize your voice anywhere". . .Sick bast[i]a[/i]rds angry angry

Crapity Crap!! I just thought of something. . .what about the new people she meets once you get rid of all traces of her past? Some of them could be potential suitors/stalkers oh!! That's it. . .y'all should just pack your bags and move to a cave in the remotest city at the ends of the earth.

Ah! Now you can relax and have a Happy Married Life with your wife!!!!!! wink[/quote i luv your thought sha!!! but the ugly truth is that no man wants to become a hypertensive patient becos he is married and trust me the moment you loose your hubby's trust it's just a matter of time and unfortunately in our society the women always bear the brunt of failed marriages and the most stupid of the men folk will get a clean bill of health when the obvious happens...so my dear do whatever you think will make your marriage to work for the sake of humanity.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by betterbest: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2012
greatgod2012: i dont think its necessary once there is love, understanding,and most importantly 'complete openness' about d past, i mean d past ex...s,
from both parties.

Don't underestimate the craftiness of a women. They're as cunning as tortoise.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2012
Dosoq: guy,if u insists she changes her no,its applicable 2 u too,cos u also av stalkers n toasters b4 u married.............d bedrock of marriage stil remains luv n trust,if she stil wan 2 cheat on u wit ur new change of numba,she wil,so wise up,n learn 2 trust

A Business line cant be changed oo
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by OVOsainthommie(m): 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2012
To be sincere and candid, I don't think ther's any reason why a woman should change her phone line because her husband wants her to desist from receiving ex co-suitors calls, for real, changing her mobile line doesn't change her attitudes or behaviours, if you notice your spouse to be is not worth your trust, it's better you don't go into marriage with her. And even in a long shot, changing her mobile line won't stop her from sleeping around...what if she's the one making the calls on them?

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Acidosis(m): 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2012
Its not necessary.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Acidosis(m): 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
if she wish to change it . .
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2012
Yo!

Aint no rules fit for every single couple. Some people have trust issues yeah! deal with it! Does that mean they should not get married? Hell no! It all depends on the couple, we are a sum total of our past experiences and like it or not all men cannot be "goody two I cannot get jealous because I am too sure my wife would be able to place these toasters where they belong". So if you met her and you think changing her number would give you rest of mind then fine go ahead do it not that it would make any difference sha , a monkey would be a monkey either in a zoo or in Buckingham palace, if she would play you she would.

To avoid stories that cause subsidy protest biko understand your partner and do what would make your home stay together.

shocked shocked *sees cabal approaching

grin grin

Peace out!
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by ifyalways(f): 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
A woman should just have face change via surgery once she marries to please insecured men. That's your perfect solution @ OP.
Btw, men don't have ex's ? Immunity clause covers them?

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Sijo01(f): 7:42pm On Aug 07, 2012
Any man that want his wife to do that should lead by example, by changing his!
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Martini101(m): 7:43pm On Aug 07, 2012
Honeycity: a responsible married woman should know that it total gross to entertain calls from her ex(s)or toasters unless shes sick and tired of her marriage.
. Where is this one comin 4rm?
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by qualified(f): 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Ah! Now you can relax and have a Happy Married Life with your wife!!!!!! wink

guy u are d bomb!

More suggestions: she shld not work, make sure she is at home 24/7. Attach an eunuch to monitor her movement. She shld tie wrapper, n always wear a mask to stop admirers.
Clowns!
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Brianflair(m): 7:52pm On Aug 07, 2012
It depend on the woman as some are highly committed to their union where they void any distractor but to avoid total temptation,better change her number.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by intrepid: 8:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
Changing the phone number has nothing to do with fidelity.IF she decides to be unfaithful,changing her nos cant stop it...She can always get the nos again,and save it wit a new name! What about d nos she had memorized? JUST MARRY THE RIGHT PERSON AND REST.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by blackborn7(m): 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2012
Harbioollah: Am Just getting Curious about this.
Women,when they are still spinsters must have given their numbers out to some intending suitors or stalkers at that time.
I have seen a lot of broken homes all because the woman receives calls from some men and Ex-boyfriends who the husband seems not to be familiar with.
There is also this issue of longtime stalkers who may continually call,quite ignorantly,that the lady in question is married..
There is this case of my newly married neigbour. Accusations of infidelity was alleged by the husband after 3weeks because the wife started receiving love sms from a former toaster who never knew of her new marital status..
Now my question is: Should Women Change their Phone Numbers After Marriage?
if u r opportuned/priviledge 2 marry miss world wont u ask her 2 change line? d fact is we r married and nothin of such shld hapn. d best she can do is 2 get a new line n send txt with her new line 2 all her reasonable frnd.else i go para.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Beync(f): 9:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
If there is any need for change of number due to past relationships or stalkers the woman would know and should even be the one to suggest changing her number to save her marriage. Otherwise there is no need to change number. If a woman is a wore and u buy her a new sim card today she'l still connect with her customers, the same with the man, a man who is a flirt is a flirt whether with new sim or not.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by SisiKill1: 9:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
Why would anyone marry a LovePeddler in the first place?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by jenny2007(f): 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
Can't change my number for anyone or else I personally feel that I have to. The husband has to be secure and once there's trust then there shouldn't be a problem. Bottomline is marry a secure and trusting man.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by chizzy012(m): 10:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
Changing d women's phone no after marriage isn't d solution b/c a woman could get meaningful contact & if she changes no d business might be affected,d solution is that a married woman should know that she's no longsr a spinster and thus warn off both d exboyfriends & d intending toasters after all what is good for d goose is also good for d gander.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Okontami: 10:43pm On Aug 07, 2012
Since most of you ladies live terrible lives of lies and deceit when single. I highly recommend the change of number.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by ripo(m): 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2012
@OP, Am not sure u considered courtship b4 marriage. Those teething problems would av been identified during courtship. A man would av known all d ex dat kol during dis period. Besides, d gal would av told dem in clear terms dat she is into something serious. She doesnt need their kols anymore men. Bottomline is, know ur spouse b4 marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Reasons For Getting Divorced / Woman Shares Amazing Testimony After Her Baby Survived A Freak Accident / How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.