Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage (13260 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? / Do Women Change After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 07, 2012
Too bad most of us dnt understand d op. Well, I personally ll change mai line once am married coz av been using dis same like 4 d past 8yrs, definitely there re some calls I ll not want 2 entertain once am married. Dnt get it twisted, its nt dat am avoiding some Ex's calls alone, there re some friends I ll like 2 cut off completely once mai status changes.... Mai oppinion anyway

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Excuzeme: 12:42am On Aug 08, 2012
The women are not the problem, it is those men (admirers, toasters, stalkers, home wreckers, e.t.c) who will not allow the married woman to rest.....and in the process, may cause her real issues, in a new and fragile marriage.

Do you know that most marriages develop "irreparable cracks or outright breakdown within the first 18months"?
Go check the figures.

Not a bad idea, if she can give the new number to "desirable elements" on her old contact list.

I am sure a newly married woman will not find it funny if and when her husbands former "babes" start hollering his phone, even at 11pm! How many will you shout at? grin

Its a case of better safe than sorry nah.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Cuddlemii: 2:02am On Aug 08, 2012
Women should not have their phone numbers changed after marriage.

Its no longer the issue of women receiving calls at night, its now the question of if women should change their phone numbers after marriage!
Of all the problems and obstacles in a marriage, its a mere phone number that should become such a huge deal?

What if your wife transacts business with that number? What if all her documents, company documents & job applications carries that phone nos? So she should loose her livelihood & way of life because she is married to an insecure man with archaic mentality?

In a relationship/marriage, you either trust, understand, have faith or compromise. No need to bother your head about rubbish like this! Assuming, she changes the number, are you saying the toasters can't collect the new nos from her friends or from your wife herself? What if your wife makes new male friends and exchanges numbers after you must have traded in her old number?

Being smart doesn't stop the other person from doing wrong, it would only make him/her find more discreet ways/tactics to outcompete your own motives/intentions.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by uncleu(m): 3:20am On Aug 08, 2012
Adufetohposh: Too bad most of us dnt understand d op. Well, I personally ll change mai line once am married coz av been using dis same like 4 d past 8yrs, definitely there re some calls I ll not want 2 entertain once am married. Dnt get it twisted, its nt dat am avoiding some Ex's calls alone, there re some friends I ll like 2 cut off completely once mai status changes.... Mai oppinion anyway
I dated my wife for a long time but then marriage is different from courtship. Immediately we got married, some calls that never meant anything to me became real issues. I told her to replace the sim but she refused.I had to break the sim.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by clip: 3:47am On Aug 08, 2012
It takes two to tango. It is all about trust.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by ATMC(f): 4:00am On Aug 08, 2012
Marriage is not an end...
Changing no.after marriage should be what she wants nd not what he wants. D only thing dt could lead to my changing no.is if i married a top man in d society, then i'll do dt for security purposes not for ex or present admirers. Btw, i'll still want to be chased after marriage :-) but d thing is dt i get to sleep with only him till death do us part...aside this, admirers r welcome.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by fortyfeet(m): 8:37am On Aug 08, 2012
berem: And why should I change my number? Was he there wen I bought my GSM line for 12k? If I must change mine then he must do the same! Pata pata nobody go use phone! undecided
some bought their sim cards 36k. but thats not the issue here. changing your number reduces the level of temptation you will have from outside. in your case, i could just return your 12k and go ahead to change your number for our best interest.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Tinkin: 9:11am On Aug 08, 2012
rite on point @dasparrow.rightly said.tell dat sucker wat he needs to knw.bloody imature nd senseless asshole
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Sike(m): 9:28am On Aug 08, 2012
Worefa!
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Tgirl4real(f): 9:49am On Aug 08, 2012
Why should they change their nos If they have a nasty past and things to hide. . .may be they should. But what goes around will always come around.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by ofonex: 11:21am On Aug 08, 2012
Do we really need that?its just a matter of your friend telling the stalkers that she has been hooked for life, no pretense, just be natural about it and try put an end to any communication between them cos it's not all men that would appreciate you receiving calls from ex, cos you will definitely o against such if he is doing it.Marriage is a sacred institution, being honest and faithful to your spouse is a virtue for lasting relationship.

Absolutely right!
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by qualified(f): 11:30am On Aug 08, 2012
Okontami: Since most of you ladies live terrible lives of lies and deceit when single. I highly recommend the change of number.

saint okon, thank u so much for such wonderful but dumb comment. D ladies lived d life u have in mind in d deserts, all alone, or wit 'saints' like u? The truth is d only thing that can make insecure men like u to feel secure is to marry a deaf, blind and crippled lady so that she won't hear, see or meet another man.

Being faithful is a choice n a responsibility that both men and women shld imbibe. I highly recommend it.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Major128290(m): 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2012
no need to change phone number after marriage, it depends on the woman
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by ifeoluwayimika(f): 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2012
Its not really necessary to change phone number.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by nagoma(m): 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
Harbioollah: Am Just getting Curious about this.

Now my question is: Should Women Change their Phone Numbers After Marriage?

They should have no phone .
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by deagwom: 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2012
both men and women should change their phone numbers after marriage, and if any one of them try to change his/her own.....................
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by badesco(m): 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
Harbioollah: Am Just getting Curious about this.
Women,when they are still spinsters must have given their numbers out to some intending suitors or stalkers at that time.
I have seen a lot of broken homes all because the woman receives calls from some men and Ex-boyfriends who the husband seems not to be familiar with.
There is also this issue of longtime stalkers who may continually call,quite ignorantly,that the lady in question is married..
There is this case of my newly married neigbour. Accusations of infidelity was alleged by the husband after 3weeks because the wife started receiving love sms from a former toaster who never knew of her new marital status..
Now my question is: Should Women Change their Phone Numbers After Marriage?

yes but that does not stop her from cutting corners.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by mrperfect(m): 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2012
It depends on the life style of the woman.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Mikeoyee(m): 4:09am On Aug 09, 2012
It depends, you know some ex will still continue knocking even when they know she's married. Pls dont get me wrong, some men are like that............
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by sucezTP(f): 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2012
Freiburger: I wouldn't espect my wife to change her phone number after marriage, since she was not a w-h-o-r-e when i met her.

Correct!
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
I support family values. And for me, i think change of phone no is necessary. Marriage is like a new beginning and each party as to carry each other along.. And both parties have to do away with anything that will break up or put asunder in their marriage. If it is phone, do away with it. If it is friends, do away with it. If it is your bad habit/lifestyle, do away with it. Shekena

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by sucezTP(f): 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
Adufetohposh: Too bad most of us dnt understand d op. Well, I personally ll change mai line once am married coz av been using dis same like 4 d past 8yrs, definitely there re some calls I ll not want 2 entertain once am married. Dnt get it twisted, its nt dat am avoiding some Ex's calls alone, there re some friends I ll like 2 cut off completely once mai status changes.... Mai oppinion anyway

Now, i'm seeing this from a different perspective.
I think its necessary!
Well, it depends on individual!
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by sucezTP(f): 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2012
bennyraz: I support family values. And for me, i think change of phone no is necessary. Marriage is like a new beginning and each party as to carry each other along.. And both parties have to do away with anything that will break up or put asunder in their marriage. If it is phone, do away with it. If it is friends, do away with it. If it is your bad habit/lifestyle, do away with it. Shekena

Yeah, right!
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by infogenius(m): 2:43am On Aug 11, 2012

You are simply right.The wise way to go.
Though my wife didn't change hers.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Case33(m): 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Whoa! Dude, only number? What about the email address??

You know what. . .one can't be too careful these days, so how allow me to suggest the following

Change number, change email, change twitter, change facebook, change linkdin, change BB Pin, Change whatsapp, change Hoookt, Move out of the country, change name (not hers but yours. . .since people can still find her if they know she is married to you), Change her face. . .like I said earlier, one can't be too careful, so changing her face eliminates her being recognized by ex suitors.

Oh, oh, while we are at it. . .Change her voice too. You know them stalkers with their "Oh baby, I will recognize your voice anywhere". . .Sick bast[i]a[/i]rds angry angry

Crapity Crap!! I just thought of something. . .what about the new people she meets once you get rid of all traces of her past? Some of them could be potential suitors/stalkers oh!! That's it. . .y'all should just pack your bags and move to a cave in the remotest city at the ends of the earth.

Ah! Now you can relax and have a Happy Married Life with your wife!!!!!! wink

Cant stop LMFAOAROTF!!! wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Gambrosia: 9:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
Unless they were doing ashawo work along ''BODE THOMAS" or UNDER ALHAJI MASHA BRIDGE before my grandma was born, to hide from ALL the 'clients' they robbed! Simple . kiss
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Nobody: 2:49am On Jan 23, 2013
Ninilowo: A right thinking husband does not need to get high b cos the wife receives calls from her toasters. all they need is understanding. the wife should let her husband know about all of them. she can even ask them to say "hi" to the husband. Nothing dey happen ;DA right thinking husband does not need to get high b cos the wife receives calls from her toasters. all they need is understanding. the wife should let her husband know about all of them. she can even ask them to say "hi" to the husband. Nothing dey happen

Say hi to the husband??for wat exactly??as the wife's toaster??Abeg,wats the basis for this "hi".
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by Nobody: 2:56am On Jan 23, 2013
I don't think it is only meant for the woman,the man too might need to change his.Sometimes,it is really necessary to avoid some silly calls that might upset the marriage.I didn't change mine though but my hubby decided to change his.So I don't think is about the woman,it is actually about the couple deciding to change their numbers.You are not supposed to force anyone to change their numbers,any wise person will know when to do that.
Re: Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage by mantop7: 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: And why should I change my number? Was he there wen I bought my GSM line for 12k? If I must change mine then he must do the same! Pata pata nobody go use phone! undecided

Ok dont worry by the time he sends away frm his house u will know that der is diff btw a man nd a woman.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Men Learn From My Mistakes / Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives / 'my Life As A Lesbian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.