Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? (60283 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. / Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by joshuaidibia(m): 9:17am On Jun 30, 2012
kutchs: Come back and tell us the state in Nigeria of which Abuja is capital.
NO MIND DT FOOL. a city has a state.do abuja hv a state?
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Biggyd2: 9:23am On Jun 30, 2012
Moderator, na wetin you use wash your face abi na your hand o? See as the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY dey give us dem opinion with no swords, guns and claws set out for war. Nice if we could see more pics of the places People suggest are better. Someone sent pics of Enugu in a thread yesterday. Looked good. Let's see pics of cities that are improving.

Moderator, good one.

I LUV THIS THREAD!!!
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Vicjay1(m): 9:29am On Jun 30, 2012
check out benin.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by maigaskiya1: 9:29am On Jun 30, 2012
ibide: Which state in Nigeria has the most developed state capital city ?

The state that have good number of infrastructure ranging from good road to manageable power supply befitting building & all the necessary socia amenities.
frm d ss we hav calabar ph uyo nd asaba.d se we hav enugu owerri d fastest growng city in nija nd awka.north central gve it 2 jos nd mina.in d north east bauchi nd maiduguri.north west kaduna nd kano only.bt in d south west dy dnt hav a city 2me.ibadan is a big 4ntng city wel lets manage abeokuta while akure is jst a local gov in imo state.nd yet d all knwng bragite of a tribe wil be makng noise.i knw u wil boast of lagos bt dnt wory na everybody develop lag o yoruba
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Imoobot(m): 9:36am On Jun 30, 2012
check out Akwa Ibom na, this is just the back view o

1 Like

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 30, 2012
Port Harcourt
Benin city
Ikeja
Calabar
Ibadan
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by awesomet1(m): 9:57am On Jun 30, 2012
emmke: Most industrial/commercial
Lagos
Port Harcourt
Kano

Most beautiful
Calabar
Jos
Enugu
Is Jos fine? Abegi!
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 30, 2012
Beaf: These are Nigeria's most developed states in order:

1. Lagos
2. Delta
3. Rivers
4. Anambra
5. Akwa Ibom
For the fact that you put my state there as 4th, that means you dont travel. Have you been to Awka recently? We should rank like 20th in the whole of Nigeria!
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by tunde300us(m): 10:21am On Jun 30, 2012
Enugu is cool and calm,and the governor has done well with road network
Same with owerri,cool calm and nice environment
Am presently in uyo and i can say it is emerging,but to say there is no slum na big lie
Was in PH last week and honestly Ph is a fine capital
Visited calabar too last week and apart from that sretch of IBB road i think its more of a clean state than develop
Akure is also an emerging capital worth talking about
How can i forget the ancient city of benin,its gat some swag at night bros
Jos has beautiful terrain and nice scenery,but not a developed state yet
Kaduna will always remind you of lagos anyday anytime,its GRA is beautiful and good road network too
Gombe is just here and there,they have some beautiful areas,but just a turn by the corner u will find a massive slum of almajiris with flies all over them

I have been to all the state capital in Nigeria and i am just typing as it comes to me

3 Likes

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by phadat(m): 10:37am On Jun 30, 2012

1. Lagos
2. Delta
3. Rivers
4. Anambra
5. Akwa Ibom
what z developed in Delta pls do share I don't see anything there
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Abagworo(m): 10:56am On Jun 30, 2012
tunde300us: Enugu is cool and calm,and the governor has done well with road network
Am presently in uyo and i can say it is emerging,but to say there is no slum na big lie
Visited calabar too last week and apart from that sretch of IBB road i think its more of a clean state than develop
Kaduna will always remind you of lagos anyday anytime,its GRA is beautiful and good road network too
Gombe is just here and there,they have some beautiful areas,but just a turn by the corner u will find a massive slum of almajiris with flies all over them

I have been to all the state capital in Nigeria and i am just typing as it comes to me

If you are Yoruba then I'm proud of your zeal to travel as most of my friends from the SW know little about Nigeria. Believe it or not, from Abagworo's point of view, Akure is the only city with new houses I've been to in the SW. Abeokuta is 2nd. Ibadan is so old by every standard. The new part of the city is too tiny compared with the rusty majority. I've been to all the SW capital cities and other large towns like Ogbomosho, Okiti pupa, Ilesha, Oyo, Owo and more. I score Akure 1st and Abeokuta 2nd. Lagos is not inclusive because Abuja cannot be counted as North. Lagos and Abuja are the most developed cities in Nigeria but enjoyed that because they are federal capitals.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by phadat(m): 10:58am On Jun 30, 2012
mai gaskiya: frm d ss we hav calabar ph uyo nd asaba.d se we hav enugu owerri d fastest growng city in nija nd awka.north central gve it 2 jos nd mina.in d north east bauchi nd maiduguri.north west kaduna nd kano only.bt in d south west dy dnt hav a city 2me.ibadan is a big 4ntng city wel lets manage abeokuta while akure is jst a local gov in imo state.nd yet d all knwng bragite of a tribe wil be makng noise.i knw u wil boast of lagos bt dnt wory na everybody develop lag o yoruba
pls can u post a pic of asaba for all to see been there saw only good buildings and bad roads no good road network

1 Like

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by awesomebenji(m): 11:11am On Jun 30, 2012
[b][/b]WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT ABEOKUTA OF OGUN STATE. SO SO CUTE.

1 Like

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Dhelake: 11:23am On Jun 30, 2012
musiwa1: calabar is the most beautiful
they ar talkin of developed nt beautiful
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by felixray2010(m): 11:27am On Jun 30, 2012
[color=#006600][/color] smileyEkiti-Ado
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2012
phadat: what z developed in Delta pls do share I don't see anything there

Delta is the most developed state in the south south, incase you don't know.

1 Like

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by dayo23(f): 11:33am On Jun 30, 2012
Rankin Shld Be Base On Economic Strength and Level of Industrilization of The state...this is development .My humble Opinion base on the reason above and international rating, The Ranking are As Follows...
1. Lagos - Ikeja
2. Kano - Kano City
3. Rivers - Portharcout
4. Cross River - Calabar
5. Enugu - Enugu.
Cities lyk - Uyo,kaduna,Ilorin,Akure,and Warri, are all fast developin and watchout 4 dem they might climb into the top five soon. No sentiment Attached On Ranking.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by escobar07(m): 11:37am On Jun 30, 2012
@dayo23. Please where are the industries in calabar? Not talking of tourism now
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by umunnatim(m): 11:43am On Jun 30, 2012
Some people dont even know the names of states and capital,na wah oh,well we must know that development differs from been the finest.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by omodapson(m): 11:55am On Jun 30, 2012
Comments on this thread make me laugh my a$$ out. Maybe I need to be schooled a little bit, what the Op wants to know is the most developed state capital in d country and not some beautiful or clean state capitals. The facts are all there except we decide to blind our eyes at them. We need to ask questions on what constitute a developed state, is it the population?, the number of industries, economic powers, etc?

I have not been everywhere in the country but I can boast of covering at least 70% of d country. When we talk of dirts, Ibadan could rank among the best but in terms of physical and economic developments, only a few state capitals in d country can match or exceed the development of the capital. It's only laughable to compare state capitals that are even struggling to be heard among other towns in their own state with established capitals in the country.

Relatively, Ikeja is well developed but there is still room for improvement. Kaduna is also in the league, Portharcourt cannot be relegated. I have not been to any state in SE so I can't say anything of those states. In the north, you have many beautiful places but the state capitals are far from being developed.

I may not be opportuned to list the state capitals i have visited but i think we should not be biased or streamline our
definition of the word *developed*.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by jude33084(m): 11:57am On Jun 30, 2012
T-smooth:
Zamfara

cheesy cheesy
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by jude33084(m): 11:59am On Jun 30, 2012

1. Lagos
2. Delta
3. Rivers
4. Anambra
5. Akwa Ibom

The question is state capital city?
cheesy
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Beync(f): 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2012
Ado Ekiti. The GRA, u can close ur eyes and drive ur way
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
tunde300us: Enugu is cool and calm,and the governor has done well with road network

i used to stay in uyo and still visit uyo very often. You say u are in uyo now i'll like u to mention names of d ghetto(s)/slum(s) which exist there as in other cities.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2012
omodapson: Comments on this thread make me laugh my a$$ out. Maybe I need to be schooled a little bit, what the Op wants to know is the most developed state capital in d country and not some beautiful or clean state capitals. The facts are all there except we decide to blind our eyes at them. We need to ask questions on what constitute a developed state, is it the population?, the number of industries, economic powers, etc?

I have not been everywhere in the country but I can boast of covering at least 70% of d country. When we talk of dirts, Ibadan could rank among the best but in terms of physical and economic developments, only a few state capitals in d country can match or exceed the development of the capital. It's only laughable to compare state capitals that are even struggling to be heard among other towns in their own state with established capitals in the country.

Relatively, Ikeja is well developed but there is still room for improvement. Kaduna is also in the league, Portharcourt cannot be relegated. I have not been to any state in SE so I can't say anything of those states. In the north, you have many beautiful places but the state capitals are far from being developed.

I may not be opportuned to list the state capitals i have visited but i think we should not be biased or streamline our
definition of the word *developed*.

You're very right. They're confusing neatness with development. Uyo is an emerging state capital hence the tidy environment due to new construction works, low population etc.
Ibadan is not clean, but it is the most developed state capital in the south west before ikeja.
In the north, kaduna has the most developed capital city, kano and jos comes next.
In the south/south, it has to be either port harcourt, benin or calabar. But I'll chose port harcourt because of it's size (port harcourt is very big), population and growth rate. Yenagoa is the worst, bayelsa politicians should be ashamed of themselves.
In the south east, owerri takes the cake next to enugu.

1 Like

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
Kano. Cheap to live, good road network, strategic business position and used to be one of the safest cities with relatively good electricity supply.

But boko haram is destroying that great ancient city.

Apart from lagos seaports, it is nothing to write home about.

Check out Owerri, Enugu, Calabar in few years time as the top three.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by emiye(m): 12:25pm On Jun 30, 2012
Ikeja
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by ismhab(m): 12:28pm On Jun 30, 2012
1. New york
2. Washington dc
3. Las vegas
4. Texas
5. Nevada.
6. California
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by ask4double(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2012

1. Lagos
2. Delta
3. Rivers
4. Anambra
5. Akwa Ibom
Are U sure U reside in Nigeria?
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by ask4double(m): 12:44pm On Jun 30, 2012
joshua idibia: Na lie. Remuv delta frm dere.Remuv akwa ibom nd put calabar..And pls wipe out Anambra as well.
Akwa Ibom has got the best roads in the country yet.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by ask4double(m): 12:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
black_beau: For those of you that are choosing ph,y una choose am? Ph is one of the dirtiest state capitals.I stay there and I'm telling you the state is so dirty and their roads are bad.personally,I'd say uyo-akwa ibom and cross river-calabar.
Now that's wats up.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by escobar07(m): 12:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
Why are people mentioning calabar here? People mistake cleanliness for beautiful. Though i agree that cleanliness can add to the beautiful of place, but its nt all about it. But is calabar clean?yes(by our low nigerian standard).its majorly calabar municipal. Is it beautiful? Just there, abeg. Where are the industries? I see nothing here apart from tourism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Goodluck Jonathan Coming Back’ 2023 Poster Surfaces Online (Photo) / Wike's Adviser Cyril Dum-Wite Arrested With Thugs During Rivers Election (Photos / ESN Releases Photo Of Fulani Herdsman Killed In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.