Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? (60271 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. / Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
Some people sef. How many industries (manufacturing- because thats what you guys mean) are in paris, london etc.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by BabaTony: 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2012
tunde300us: Enugu is cool and calm,and the governor has done well with road network
Same with owerri,cool calm and nice environment
Am presently in uyo and i can say it is emerging,but to say there is no slum na big lie
Was in PH last week and honestly Ph is a fine capital
Visited calabar too last week and apart from that sretch of IBB road i think its more of a clean state than develop
Akure is also an emerging capital worth talking about
How can i forget the ancient city of benin,its gat some swag at night bros
Jos has beautiful terrain and nice scenery,but not a developed state yet
Kaduna will always remind you of lagos anyday anytime,its GRA is beautiful and good road network too
Gombe is just here and there,they have some beautiful areas,but just a turn by the corner u will find a massive slum of almajiris with flies all over them

I have been to all the state capital in Nigeria and i am just typing as it comes to me

What the hell r u talking abt? Pls can u tell me exactly where in uyo you have slum/ghettos. LIAR! You have never been to uyo
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2012
J12:

You're very right. They're confusing neatness with development. Uyo is an emerging state capital hence the tidy environment due to new construction works, low population.
The mere fact that you enlist Uyo of all cities as a city with a low population gives u away as someone who has not travel far n wide let alone visit Uyo. This therefore sums-up that your opinion here is only based on guess-work, n therefore does not count. In other to avoid makin frivolous ratings on this tread, i think the OP should change this topic to read "WHICH STATE-CAPITALS IN NIGERIA ARE MEGA-CITIES". This would enable Nairalanders who have travel far n wide to make a more informed rating.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by donlet(m): 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2012
Oyo State.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by cyrilex202(m): 1:41pm On Jun 30, 2012
benin city.

1 Like

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by superstar1(m): 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2012
you guys are funny. How many of our states can boast of 2 to 3 towns you can live without really missing out of the state capital.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Ugoc3(m): 1:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
owerri municipal is among d best
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Bolarge1(m): 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2012
jude33084:

The question is state capital city?
cheesy

NA WHA FOR YOU THIS GUY YOU BE OLODO RABATA!.

YOU DE TALK OF THE MOST DEVELOPED STATE CAPITAL YOU DE MENTION DELTA STATE. YOUR RATING WAS WHEN IBORI WAS THE GOVERNOR NOT NOW.

DELTA STATE SHOULD BE 30TH.

PLS UPDATE

1 Like

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by oiseworld: 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2012
my rating.
You can't say developed with out a population to service the development. The people have to be working. Soo i'll add population,site seeing and economic turn over to my list.
Mind you we are talking of capitals.
1. Ikeja . Former capital/commercial/devlp on its own.
2. Kano . Religious/commercial.
3. Ibadan can not be rulled out. Largest city in west africa./ services the south west.weak infrastructure.
4.kaduna too many federal investment/military.
5. Port harcout. devlp on its own/oil companies/ commercial
6. Awka. Anambra. commercial.
7. Delta. Devp on its own/oil companies
8. Benin. devp on its own/mornacy/commercial/ a route.
9. Benue. Route/ agriculture
10. Katsina.
11. Jos

Na so God help me reach.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by SuyaEater(m): 3:01pm On Jun 30, 2012
oiseworld: my rating.
You can't say developed with out a population to service the development. The people have to be working. Soo i'll add population,site seeing and economic turn over to my list.
Mind you we are talking of capitals.
1. Ikeja . Former capital/commercial/devlp on its own.
2. Kano . Religious/commercial.
3. Ibadan can not be rulled out. Largest city in west africa./ services the south west.weak infrastructure.
4.kaduna too many federal investment/military.
5. Port harcout. devlp on its own/oil companies/ commercial
6. Awka. Anambra. commercial.
7. Delta. Devp on its own/oil companies
8. Benin. devp on its own/mornacy/commercial/ a route.
9. Benue. Route/ agriculture
10. Katsina.
11. Jos

Na so God help me reach.

where is calabar? hahahaha
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by abagoro(m): 3:02pm On Jun 30, 2012
The problem with this kind of topic lies with the definition of development. Industrial, Tourism, Commercial, Administrative etc. Some State capitals have all in one while others have 1 or 2. Removing good road network, modern housing and cleanliness then it becomes very easy. Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna, Ikeja and Port Harcourt are the only State capitals that have all the 4 factors. If Warri, Aba and Onitsha were State capitals, we would have had one or two more.

Most of the beautiful capitals like Calabar, Enugu and Owerri are more or less just Tourism and Administrative.They also have better road networks, less traffic jam, cleaner and more liveable for already rich people.

1 Like

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 30, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:
The mere fact that you enlist Uyo of all cities as a city with a low population gives u away as someone who has not travel far n wide let alone visit Uyo. This therefore sums-up that your opinion here is only based on guess-work, n therefore does not count. In other to avoid makin frivolous ratings on this tread, i think the OP should change this topic to read "WHICH STATE-CAPITALS IN NIGERIA ARE MEGA-CITIES". This would enable Nairalanders who have travel far n wide to make a more informed rating.

Compared to other capital cities, uyo has a relatively lower population. I've been there alot, so I know what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by arewaboy(m): 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2012
Gombe, bauchi, katsina, bennin, lagos.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by escobar07(m): 3:59pm On Jun 30, 2012
j12, you are correct. Population wise, uyo cant even stand near calabar. Its an emerging place.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by thirty(m): 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2012
Beaf

These are Nigeria's most developed states in order:

1. Lagos
2. Delta
3. Rivers
4. Anambra
5. Akwa Ibom

by this post, i am now know that Beaf is the most naughty member of nairaland.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by PaulJohn1: 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2012
movicy: please remember oshogbo i tink its da best,na ondo worst pass

I don't think Oshogbo should be in that list for now, May be in the next two years. That's if the governor doesn't relent with the way he's working
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2012
J12:

Compared to other capital cities, uyo has a relatively lower population. I've been there alot, so I know what I'm saying.
Can you then tell us the area(s) in Uyo city you have been to and/or resided with the estimated population?
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by BabaTony: 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2012
People saying uyo has a small population so therefore its not developed got all wrong I will prefer to live in a very well planned and developed state that live a poorly planned city with high population. By the way, akwa ibom is planned in such a way that people don't have to live in uyo to eke a living. There are other towns with facilities enough to keep them away from uyo.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by ibide(m): 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2012
Thanks to every body that has contributed to this trend . Just to make every thing easy can any one tell me the three most develope capital city in nigeria and reason for choosen them
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:
Can you then tell us the area(s) in Uyo city you have been to and/or resided with the estimated population?

Ol'boy, the precints/areas in uyo are all named in the local dialect(ikot okpon, obio, idoro etc) and i'm conversant with them.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Biggysmalls919(m): 5:30pm On Jun 30, 2012
Ur answer should clearly be based on a capital that clears its refuse regularly, has good public health care facilities, very low noise polution, good road networks, good schools, well coloured taxi/cabs and buses, bubbling night life and above all good security.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 30, 2012
Biggysmalls919: Ur answer should clearly be based on a capital that clears its refuse regularly, has good public health care facilities, very low noise polution, good road networks, good schools, well coloured taxi/cabs and buses, bubbling night life and above all good security.

Thats calabar.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Beaf: 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2012
thirty: Beaf

These are Nigeria's most developed states in order:

1. Lagos
2. Delta
3. Rivers
4. Anambra
5. Akwa Ibom

by this post, i am now know that Beaf is the most naughty member of nairaland.

Those are the most developed states in Nigeria.

Nobody can argue about Lagos, or do you disagree? Lagos fairly stands out in the Nigerian scene, in terms of infrastructure, aesthetics and industrialisation.

For Delta, most of its towns like Sapele, Ughelli, Warri are much more developed in every sense than most state capitals, yet the state capital is Asaba. You don't see a lot of bush when driving through Delta state; many states would beg for her smaller towns as their capitals. Outside Lagos, there is no state with such a spread of development.

Rivers state would have been rated above Delta, but it basically has only Port Harcout. Without doubt, Port Harcout is easily the most develped town after parts of Lagos (it is far more developed than Ikeja).

Anambra has Awka, Onotsa and Nnewi; these areas are heavily entrepreneural. A lot of our "made in Aba" stuff is created here; it is a very industrially pioneering area, eg it is the home of Innoson.

As for Akwa Ibom, it beats every other state hands down in terms of infrastructure (and by a bloody wide margin too).
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by GAR3TH(m): 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
What constitute development is if the area has high per capita income [everyone has real jobs with real income], general standard of living [health care, leisure, security etc] , Every form of widespread infrastructure [drainage, streets, water pipelines, waste pipelines, electric generation and distribution] and level of industrialization [factories, businesses, trade etc]. You need all of these to be consider developed. If you only have 1 or 3 or if your city only has particle and not widespread infrastructure then you are not develop.

The only city that comes close to being 100% develop is Calabar [75%] followed closely by Uyo [70%]. Lagos comes in third with 40% development while Enugu in fourth with about 35% of the city developed. The remain cities are below 20% development in my opinion. Yes you can show me a good picture of one part of the city but the fact remain the city has a whole is not developed.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Beaf: 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2012
Seyilome: E be like say u never go outside of ur state, non of ur capital reach Abeokuta, argue it with me

Dude, most peeps from the SW do not travel widely, thats why you are mentioning Abeokuta which is just a huge, rusty village like Ibadan.
Sadly, outside of Ikeja, nothing in the SW even remotely belongs on the list of developed state capitals.
Akure is up and coming though. Ilorin is another up and coming town, but unfortunately, it is in the Middle Belt not the SW.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by mikeuz(m): 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2012
Beaf: These are Nigeria's most developed states in order:

1. Lagos
2. Delta
3. Rivers
4. Anambra
5. Akwa Ibom

Wots delta and anambra doing on dat list-- anambra is1 of d worst, delta waz last develop during ibori's tenure,
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
Beaf:

Nobody can argue about Lagos, or do you disagree? Lagos fairly stands out in the Nigerian scene, in terms of infrastructure, aesthetics and industrialisation.

For Delta, most of its towns like Sapele, Ughelli, Warri are much more developed in every sense than most state capitals, yet the state capital is Asaba. You don't see a lot of bush when driving through Delta state; many states would beg for her smaller towns as their capitals. Outside Lagos, there is no state with such a spread of development.

Rivers state would have been rated above Delta, but it basically has only Port Harcout. Without doubt, Port Harcout is easily the most develped town after parts of Lagos (it is far more developed than Ikeja).

Anambra has Awka, Onotsa and Nnewi; these areas are heavily entrepreneural. A lot of our "made in Aba" stuff is created here; it is a very industrially pioneering area, eg it is the home of Innoson.

As for Akwa Ibom, it beats every other state hands down in terms of infrastructure (and by a bloody wide margin too).

Edo/Kaduna/Kano are more developed than Akwa Ibom.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by tevinsolt: 7:02pm On Jun 30, 2012
abeokuta has the potential of becoming a city like Nice in France
this building is the type you can find in England, france, spain and italy.....how come we don't build these kinds anymore? the ones we have presently lack creativity and character..... just too plain for my liking

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by dj187: 7:21pm On Jun 30, 2012
Undisputed

Lagos - ikeja
River - Port harcourt
D rest are still in d procecc
Uyo fine but na their language spoil am.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by chino11(m): 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2012
Beaf:

You are right on point. Atimes I wonder if people know the definition of development. Development should be statewide and also human capital development, not selected area and other places are left to become rural. Btw what is the population of people resident in Akwaibom? Population determines development, economic development determines where people are likely to migrate to, and that is the beauty of it. For that reason; Lagos, Rivers, Anambra, Delta, Kano, Ogun takes the cake.

A case in point is Texas, it has so many cities developed outside the capital Houston, most time people does not know the the capital of Texas. Texas has more than 5 developed cities and one can classified Texas among the most developed states in US due to its many cities and development that spread statewide.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by nifemi01(m): 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2012
All these people typing ibadan, its like u all have never been there or u ve spent ur whole life living in Ibadan.
The TOWN is as dirty as anything infact its like d whole town is a dumping ground.
Also majority of the houses have been around for like a half a century - u know houses built with mud bricks.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Armenia: 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2012
Who included delta(asaba) to this list.abeg before i close my eye open nam comot delta for dat list.mtchewwwwwwwwwwww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Beaten In Germany, Accused Of Forgery, Times Ekweremadu Made Headlines / Governor Bala Mohammed Holding His Umbrella Under Heavy Downpour / I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.