Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,596 members, 7,955,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate (17194 Views)

Governor Adams Oshiomhole Is Raising Spidermen In Edo State / Oshiomhole Is The Biggest Thief In Benin City, Says Lucky Igbinedion / Breaking News: Oduduwa Is Benin Word Not Yoruba, Dele Giwa From Former Bendel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by OAM4J: 12:23am On Jul 01, 2012
Edo Politics: Oba shuns Airhiavbere as President visits

The Oba of Benin, Om n’Oba Erediauwa, yesterday shunned the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) delegation which paid a courtesy visit to him in his palace.

The Oba who normally receives visitors to his palace personally yesterday asked the Iyase of Benin, Chief Sam Igbe to receive the delegation on his behalf while he stayed in his inner chambers.

In his prayers, the Iyase said “our son, the president came on a courtesy visit and after his visit, he should have a safe journey home.”

The President was thereafter asked to proceed alone to the inner chambers to see the Oba while others, including the PDP Candidate, Maj-Gen Charles Aihiavbere (rtd), were asked to vacate the palace hall.

It will be recalled that the Oba had at various times thrown his weight behind the candidature of Governor Adams Oshiomhole who was declared as the Benin candidate by the palace.

The Esogban of Benin, Chief David Edebiri while speaking on behalf of the Oba during a visit of Governor Oshiomhole to the palace, with the Oba in attendance had said: “Adams Oshiomhole is the Benin candidate. He is the one who wants Benin City to join other modern cities in the country, so he is our candidate. Some people said the palace is playing politics. What is politics? The Oba himself is an embodiment of politics.

“If you have a house and you are old and your children did not come to paint the house and somebody from outside came and painted it and decorate it for you. Will you leave that person? Once again, we are voting for Adams Oshiomhole.

“As the Odionwere of Bini Kingdom, and I am speaking on behalf of the Oba, you are going to win. The Oracle has spoken. Anyone who disputes it or fights against the oracle, then let him fight on, we will wait and see the result.”

http://247ureports.com/oba-shuns-airhiavbere-as-president-visits/
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Mandelaguy(m): 12:25am On Jul 01, 2012
Who cares what the monarch said,it is Edo people's problem and decision to make,that is the beauty of democracy.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by KINGwax(m): 1:05am On Jul 01, 2012
Oshiomole for second term
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 01, 2012
Thats what am talking about.....Now Obas have preference to annoint candidate......this is bullshtt
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by dayokanu(m): 1:12am On Jul 01, 2012
If president can annoint candidates why cant Obas do the same?

19 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by fm7070: 1:16am On Jul 01, 2012
what did PDP achieved in Edo State for more than 10years of ruling the state?
Nigerians don wise oooooooooooo. We no be mumu like before.

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by drzed: 1:16am On Jul 01, 2012
dayokanu: If president can annoint candidates why cant Obas do the same?

Brilliant response.

16 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by elayLazz(m): 1:16am On Jul 01, 2012
Mehn.. This King chop liver die. Didn't he realise that even the Kings are make by the King makers.
Anyway I salute his courage even as it seems to the expense of his throne.
He has just set a pace, and I wish other monarch particularly those from the north follow his suit.[color=#006600][/color]

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by IKO1(m): 1:21am On Jul 01, 2012
shobaba is the man we want let gej go site down
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 01, 2012
I don't think it's a good move.

The Oba is unwittingly exposing himself and throne to political ridicule as no politician is trustworthy, at least not in this country. Adams second term might be less inspiring than the first.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Tgirl4real(f): 1:39am On Jul 01, 2012
Mandelaguy: Who cares what the monarch said,it is Edo people's problem and decision to make,that is the beauty of democracy.

He is trying to programme their minds. Most people will listen to what their oba says.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by lacasa: 1:40am On Jul 01, 2012
Comrade all the way

Retardeen go eat some cassava abegi cool

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Akpanowo: 1:41am On Jul 01, 2012
I am patiently waiting to see this fight....shaa na 14 july,2012.hope the Bini people are wise to see the different b/w now and then...
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 1:45am On Jul 01, 2012
Na why Benin dey like gutter naw....Obas keep anointing.....
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by dayokanu(m): 1:50am On Jul 01, 2012
And show us how those places where Retardeen has been anointing has turned into paradise
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by juman(m): 1:50am On Jul 01, 2012
Oba of Benin is a special traditional ruler that wants best for his people. We are very proud of him.

Oba of Lagos is another great traditional ruler, he is concern about the welfare of his people.

Most of the traditional rulers are too greedy and very bad "leaders".

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by AK481(m): 2:25am On Jul 01, 2012
If jonathan vex!
That oba go loose him seat,ho ha.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by osifred(m): 3:01am On Jul 01, 2012
as much as i don't fancy Mr president. i don't like the way he is being ridiculed by every dick and harry. the last i checked he still the c in c.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 3:31am On Jul 01, 2012
Arrant Nonsense....the gods have spoken........now the demigods anoint political office holders.....
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 01, 2012
Now I miss Abacha......

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by mightymouse: 3:42am On Jul 01, 2012
Oba is entitled to his opinion on his choice.....fact. Oba is also entitled to chose who he wants to welcome into his house....fact. So no one should feel bad about that. It will be wrong for GEJ to go after Oba and I know he will not. The truth is that democracy can not be controlled by anybody. July 14 will determine many things in Edo. And from what I gather from that state, don't be surprised if Oshiomole looses.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 3:51am On Jul 01, 2012
I was a fan of Oshiomole in his days in the NLC, I want the best man to win, but for an unelected Oba to take sides in Politics automatically vetoes all other candidates, meaning, if another candidate wins, the loyalty of state is divided. All these so called royal figures and ancient Obas have no values in scheme of things, you hardly hear of them helping in fighting corruption or kidnapping, but during elections after exchange of millions, you see the potbellied figures coming out to take sides. Its a shame on democracy....

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by amor4ce(m): 3:55am On Jul 01, 2012
One thing I admire about the Edo monarchy is that the demeanor of the Oba is enough to command respect among men.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by CyberG: 3:57am On Jul 01, 2012
Mandelaguy: Who cares what the monarch said,it is Edo people's problem and decision to make,that is the beauty of democracy.

The old BEAF with a new ID...LMAO! Once a loser, forever a loser just like the shameful club-footed Jonaloser Daftluck! LOL cool cool

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 4:01am On Jul 01, 2012
How can we say we practice American styled democracy and we keep figure heads called Obas around and their opinions count. I say we abolish these Obas and declare them irrelevant in a democracy.....
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by amor4ce(m): 4:07am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: How can we say we practice American styled democracy and we keep figure heads called Obas around and their opinions count. I say we abolish these Obas and declare them irrelevant in a democracy.....
The Obas are not figureheads (Jeremiah 22:24)and the "American-styled democracy" will soon be abolished. Are you a money-loving oyinbo-wanna-be who hates his heritage and himself?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by EkoIle1: 4:12am On Jul 01, 2012
Oba told the useless fisherman to go fcuuuuuuckkkk himself...... odechukwu don suffer. Kai.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 4:13am On Jul 01, 2012
amor4ce: The Obas are not figureheads (Jeremiah 22:24)and the "American-styled democracy" will soon be abolished. Are you a money-loving oyinbo-wanna-be who hates his heritage and himself?
Jesu Christu, see as this guy just dey insult me this early morning for having my own opinion o. ....Have you no regards for my opinion, who is this African-heritage loving western haram ?
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by amor4ce(m): 4:18am On Jul 01, 2012
Kindly check my post again and you would see that I asked a question rather than called you names.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 4:20am On Jul 01, 2012
amor4ce: Kindly check my post again and you would see that I asked a question rather than called you names.
I will take that as an apology....I accept it....
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by deandavid(m): 4:21am On Jul 01, 2012
bayooooooo: I don't think it's a good move.

The Oba is unwittingly exposing himself and throne to political ridicule as no politician is trustworthy, at least not in this country. Adams second term might be less inspiring than the first.
see who is talking, u don reach edo state b4? Oshobaba will win hands down, just watch and see.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Northern Governors Visit Islamic Development Bank In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Court Sacks David Umaru As APC Senatorial Candidate Niger-East / Peter Obi Blasts APC And PDP, Says Tinubu's Age Unknown (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.