Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate (17068 Views)

Governor Adams Oshiomhole Is Raising Spidermen In Edo State / Oshiomhole Is The Biggest Thief In Benin City, Says Lucky Igbinedion / Breaking News: Oduduwa Is Benin Word Not Yoruba, Dele Giwa From Former Bendel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Elueme: 7:04am On Jul 01, 2012
Let me categorically state that HRH has been misquoted, I know this Oba to be an enlightened and a fatherly figure.. His kinsmen may have some affinities for Oshiomole cos of personal self aggrandizement certainly not only on performance cos d Edos know that Gen Charles ll perform if voted in.. HOWEVER EVERYBODY IS ENTITLED TO HIS OPINIONS INCLUDING THAT OF HIS MAJESTY WHO IS ONLY ONE VOTE, SO LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE # The Oba didn't shun the president nor his entourage#
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by oleabhiele(m): 7:07am On Jul 01, 2012
u no get sense
LeoMax: Thats what am talking about.....Now Obas have preference to annoint candidate......this is bullshtt
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by dayokanu(m): 7:08am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: If the emboldened is true, then there should be no need for election, he should just be anointed to carry-go.

Why shouldnt there be elections? Oba stated his opinion and the people are not forced to abide by it
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by dayokanu(m): 7:09am On Jul 01, 2012
Endorsements from religious groups and their leaders have significantly affected the outcome of several presidential elections. Most recently, the mobilization of evangelical Christians has been credited with George W. Bush’s victories in 2000 and 2004. This mobilization was widely attributed to endorsements and support from a broad coalition of evangelical Christian organizations and their leaders.

http://pluralism.org/reports/view/11

Rudolph W. Giuliani scored a coup today by winning the support of Pat Robertson, who, as one of the nation’s best-known televangelists,
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 01, 2012
dayokanu:

Why shouldnt there be elections? Oba stated his opinion and the people are not forced to abide by it
I will implore you to read the statement attributed to the Oba's office again. he categorically stated that the Oracles have spoken and that no one should act otherwise, read it again. Thats a powerful control statement and even the subjects can not act against the Oracle.....read the article again.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 01, 2012
dayokanu:

This is an excerpt from the Oba's command..

As the Odionwere of Bini Kingdom, and I am speaking on behalf of the Oba, you are going to win. The Oracle has spoken. Anyone who disputes it or fights against the oracle, then let him fight on, we will wait and see the result.”

Does that statement sound like an opinion ? To me, this is a command with damning consequence to those who dont adhere...its not an opinion..
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by homerac7: 7:15am On Jul 01, 2012
@Billyonare,

Your line of argument so far shows that your r alien to the realities on ground at d grassroots or just intentionally acting dumb.

For Bini in particular, d Oba is very very much more influential than the governor over the people. Or lets say it this way, ...if theres a difference of opinion between d Oba and d governor, te people will gravitate with the Oba. It's their tradition to hold d Oba in highest esteem. They see him as their natural and traditional head while d governor is a political creation. Irrespective of level of education or western acculturation, they never lose this. If you want to confirm, look for any Bini man around you and taunt d Oba to his face.

You talked about using political power over d Oba, obviously you don't know jack about Bini traditional institution. The British tried it and after many years of apparent success, they never could go beyond there and after, everything reverted to status quo ante. Do you know who's Navy Captain Onyearugbulem? Find out about him and know y no political office holder tries sh.it with d Bini Oba.

Now on his endorsement, only a novice to d intricacies of relationship between Binis and d Oba will not understand. PDP failed woefully for many years there when a son of Bini was governor. Oshiomhole isn't a Bini and he has performed credibly. Gen Charles Airhavbiere is a Bini palace son, his father was a Bini chief, and d Oba knew him personally. They came to play son-of-d-soil card with d king and Dats y d king gave d analogy of a stranger child painting an old man's house. Can u now see dt the king has acted honourably without fear or favour?

Lastly, if you only cared to find out, Edos have for d first time felt govt presence, so even without d Oba saying it, the support Is strong. He only echoed d voice of d people.

Mind u,I was In Edo last month and I felt d people pulse on d matter, so I just dished u d reality. Don't be suprised that if PDP dare rig d election, violence will bteak out spontaneously. But even d PDP won't dare that because its next to impossible.

Charles Airhabiere MAY be a good man in his own right, its just dat right now Edo people don't need another governor.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 01, 2012
homerac7: @Billyonare,

Your line of argument so far shows that your r alien to the realities on ground at d grassroots or just intentionally acting dumb.

For Bini in particular, d Oba is very very much more influential than the governor over the people. Or lets say it this way, ...if theres a difference of opinion between d Oba and d governor, te people will gravitate with the Oba. It's their tradition to hold d Oba in highest esteem. They see him as their natural and traditional head while d governor is a political creation. Irrespective of level of education or western acculturation, they never lose this. If you want to confirm, look for any Bini man around you and taunt d Oba to his face.

You talked about using political power over d Oba, obviously you don't know jack about Bini traditional institution. The British tried it and after many years of apparent success, they never could go beyond there and after, everything reverted to status quo ante. Do you know who's Navy Captain Onyearugbulem? Find out about him and know y no political office holder tries sh.it with d Bini Oba.

Now on his endorsement, only a novice to d intricacies of relationship between Binis and d Oba will not understand. PDP failed woefully for many years there when a son of Bini was governor. Oshiomhole isn't a Bini and he has performed credibly. Gen Charles Airhavbiere is a Bini palace son, his father was a Bini chief, and d Oba knew him personally. They came to play son-of-d-soil card with d king and Dats y d king gave d analogy of a stranger child painting an old man's house. Can u now see dt the king has acted honourably although fear and favour?

Lastly, if you only cared to find out, Edos have for d first time felt govt presence, so even without d Oba saying it, the support Is strong. He only echoed d voice of d people.

Mind u,I was In Edo last month and I felt d people pulse on d matter, so I just dished u d reality. Don't be suprised that if PDP dare rig d election, violence will bteak out spontaneously. But even d PDP won't dare that because its next to impossible.

Charles Airhabiere MAY be a good man in his own right, its just dat right now Edo people don't need another governor.
I will kindly request that you go through my write-ups and try to separate cultural entanglements from constitutional mandates. For now I do not want to be involve in your abysmal sermon and cultural-religous imbroglio. You will find all the facts in my debates along the threads.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Elueme: 7:20am On Jul 01, 2012
Eko Ile: Oba told the useless fisherman to go fcuuuuuuckkkk himself...... odechukwu don suffer. Kai.
u are sensational at confabulating rubbish, the c n c maybe old enough to be your father, u destitute... Democracy for life
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: This is an excerpt from the Oba's command..

As the Odionwere of Bini Kingdom, and I am speaking on behalf of the Oba, you are going to win. The Oracle has spoken. Anyone who disputes it or fights against the oracle, then let him fight on, we will wait and see the result.”

Does that statement sound like an opinion ? To me, this is a command with damning consequence to those who dont adhere...its not an opinion..

How is that damning?

Where is the consequence?

Odionwere only suggest that anyone that disputes the oracle is just fighting a futile battle. . . . it's the same as making a religious statement. Opinion and nothing more.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by homerac7: 7:26am On Jul 01, 2012
@billyonare

Yea, so quick to discard sound explanations that shows ur ignominy. My friend, if u dont understand that d culture of d people must b blended with democracy, then u must b living in lala land. At this point I excuse you, u can go on preaching your martian type of democracy.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by bakila: 7:29am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Thats my point. Its glaring for anyone to understand. Its unconstitutional in any democracy cos such role is not even defined.

Then your comment becomes unconstitutional since you are hiding and not answering your real name. If you ever care to read the Constitution there is doctrine called a freedom of expression.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

How is that damning?

Odionwere only suggest that anyone that disputes the oracle is just fighting a futile battle. . . . it's the same as making a religious statement. Opinion and nothing more.
Such statements scares me, I am sure it scares millions of Edo electorates. So they have no choice than to vote as "commanded" by Oba...or face the music.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Such statements scares me, I am sure it scares millions of Edo electorates. So they have no choice than to vote as "commanded" by Oba...or face the music.

If that scares you, then it takes little to scare you.

Edo ppl are not as weak lol.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 01, 2012
bakila:

Then your comment becomes unconstitutional since you are hiding and not answering your real name. If you ever care to read the Constitution there is doctrine called a freedom of expression.
Please tell me this is an expression As the Odionwere of Bini Kingdom, and I am speaking on behalf of the Oba, you are going to win. The Oracle has spoken. Anyone who disputes it or fights against the oracle, then let him fight on, we will wait and see the result.”
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

If that scares you, then it takes little to scare you.

Edo ppl are not as weak lol.
You are making it funny, this is a lethal command from the mouthpiece of the Oracle.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Elueme: 7:40am On Jul 01, 2012
It is not rational for traditional leader like that Oba to give an open endorsement.. The problem of Edo State was orchestrated by the old horse many of whom are the present backers and financiers of ACN in the state. These elements after ripping the state dried decamped when they realized their political figure is a menace, so d best way to sell their image is identifying with Oshiomohle. The so called action gov has endorsed the candidature of these money bags at the detriment of compatriots who nurtured that party from scratche.g Orhiogide vs sen Uzamere.. Have we bothered to asked whereabouts of Lucky Igbinedion nd his political associates who placed Edo state in this mess? They were d secrets behind the financing of oshiomohle's election.... I can go on and on. Adams Oshiomohle is not a saint, and won't be surprised at his loss on the 14th
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: You are making it funny, this is a lethal command from the mouthpiece of the Oracle.

Please, cease from insulting the highly respect Oba of benin just to satisfy your own nefarious goals.

There was nothing damning about his speech.

Billyonaire: Please tell me this is an expression As the Odionwere of Bini Kingdom, and I am speaking on behalf of the Oba, you are going to win. The Oracle has spoken. Anyone who disputes it or fights against the oracle, then let him fight on, we will wait and see the result.”

Ileke-IdI:

How is that damning?

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Bardic: 7:41am On Jul 01, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]the oba of benin no try at all he should hav received his visitors even if he does nt like the P.D.P. Candidate but atleast for them to has taken time to pay him a visite he should hav reciprocated by welcuming them.if GEj had come to benin without seeing the oba it would hav been another problem bt now see wat a whole oba displayed like a child to me there is no wisdom in dat behaviour.anyway this not crowning a king it is politics and it is the political men in power that determines Wat hapens in edo state.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by bakila: 7:42am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: You are making it funny, this is a lethal command from the mouthpiece of the Oracle.

Its not an expression its rocket science. The oracle has spoken whether its will comw to pass is another thing.
The Constitutional right to say want you want is a secured one. If Oshomoihle is performing and the Edo people see it fit to gave him another tenure the endorsement of the Bini Kingdom is a step in the right direction. Case closed.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 01, 2012
Elueme: It is not rational for traditional leader like that Oba to give an open endorsement.. The problem of Edo State was orchestrated by the old horse many of whom are the present backers and financiers of ACN in the state. These elements after ripping the state dried decamped when they realized their political figure is a menace, so d best way to sell their image is identifying with Oshiomohle. The so called action gov has endorsed the candidature of these money bags at the detriment of compatriots who nurtured that party from scratche.g Orhiogide vs sen Uzamere.. Have we bothered to asked whereabouts of Lucky Igbinedion nd his political associates who placed Edo state in this mess? They were d secrets behind the financing of oshiomohle's election.... I can go on and on. Adams Oshiomohle is not a saint, and won't be surprised at his loss on the 14th
Are you serious ? I think this could be very true, Oshiomole hasnt been his old agile self since he entered government house. Anyway, let the best man win.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by OdunetLbs: 7:50am On Jul 01, 2012
Why would Nigerians practise "American" style democracy.
If u want that go to America please.

Billyonaire: How can we say we practice American styled democracy and we keep figure heads called Obas around and their opinions count. I say we abolish these Obas and declare them irrelevant in a democracy.....
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Aksally(m): 8:11am On Jul 01, 2012
I can't help myself from geting angry when some idiots come to this tread to spue nonesence when an important man made a comment that will be of good benefit to his people. In the north important men equally made comments about making a land ungovernable if thier anointed candidate loses an election. Nobody gives a fart when an outcast 'over do' 'the pure'.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by ushafe(m): 8:21am On Jul 01, 2012
Billynaira, u know nothing about this oba, I will advice to be quiet and watch even military presidents dnt play with him let alone civilian president, Is unlike other obas or emirs.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Korrection(m): 8:23am On Jul 01, 2012
Mandelaguy: Who cares what the monarch said,it is Edo people's problem and decision to make,that is the beauty of democracy.

Respect please or you wont get to their age..words of elders are words of wisdom...Not sure you have been to beninso stfu
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by nyabingi(m): 8:29am On Jul 01, 2012
The PDP government brought this whole bullshit to themselves, the party was meant to be a model political party in Africa but evil men hijacked it from its original intents, Nigerian people are becoming more and more politically aware and no more fools to be tossed around by political mongers, other parties ACN, ANPP, CPC, APGA, PPA etc are also full of incompetent, corrupt and clueless selfish old men who are not in tune with current global political realities. This of course explains why authorities in the traditional institutions like the Oba of Benin would go into politics since those left to catter for the people are doing it for their own pockets, the question every Edo people should ask PDP is "what did your party do for over 10 years rule in the state" I believe Oshiomole means well for the state and should be given the opportunity to work.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by israelbenzion: 8:30am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire:
I still stand by my assertion that royalties not meddle in partisan politics. Its unconstitutional .....fullstop.

Cite the relevant section of the Constitution to back ur assertion. All ur other arguments r sound and on point, but u stretched it by saying it is unconstitutional. Prove it.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Korrection(m): 8:35am On Jul 01, 2012
shut up son...
Billyonaire: I was a fan of Oshiomole in his days in the NLC, I want the best man to win, but for an unelected Oba to take sides in Politics automatically vetoes all other candidates, meaning, if another candidate wins, the loyalty of state is divided. All these so called royal figures and ancient Obas have no values in scheme of things, you hardly hear of them helping in fighting corruption or kidnapping, but during elections after exchange of millions, you see the potbellied figures coming out to take sides. Its a shame on democracy....
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by israelbenzion: 8:35am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire:

President is a PDP elected C-in-C, he is a touch bearer of PDP and his office is temporal, King is permanent and has no political party affiliations in order to remain neutral as an ambassador of peace.

#Neutrality to d detriment of his people's welfare which he swore lots of oaths to uphold?#

If Igbinedion is a rogue, its a constitutional mandate by the State Assembly to impeach him....Democracy works based on the rule of law as enshrined in the Constitution, the Oba has no duty to support a candidate in the constitution the last time i checked.
He has a duty to stand for what is best for his people. If that costs him his throne, then it is a worthy sacrifice for d sake of his kingdom. Any gud king shd be prepared to give all for his people
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by DSoj(m): 8:46am On Jul 01, 2012
Oba is wise and knows wat he is doing. He is human and representative of gods. PDP gave Edo a gov, who for 8yrs did absolutely nothing for the state..stole state money and is still a free man today. And U still expect him to endorse anoda PDP candidate over a superbly performing gov? Nooooo. GEJ shld go back and tackle Boko Haram, Subsidy, Electricity and leave Adams alone to do d work his party man cldnt do in 8yrs..

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by esikpogho: 8:49am On Jul 01, 2012
empty seat

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Mavor: 8:57am On Jul 01, 2012
bayooooooo: I don't think it's a good move.

The Oba is unwittingly exposing himself and throne to political ridicule as no politician is trustworthy, at least not in this country. Adams second term might be less inspiring than the first.
Guy I am not a Benin man, but I have lived in Benin for a long time. I can tell you that the Benin king is not a quack impotent king like most traditional rulers in Nigeria. He is regarded as very sacred home and abroad by the Benin people. He is not a meddler in civilian politics. Happens, but rarely and only when it is deemed necessary. You think the President or whoever can depose him the way Abacha did that former Sokoto Sultan? It can not happen in Benin, the city and even the whole State, hell, even the Niger-Delta will burn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hearing Of Court Cases Via Zoom, Skype Approved By Lagos Chief Judge / Jangebe Schoolgirls Held In Dangulbi Forest / Get Ready To Pack Out Of Imo Government House - Sen. Sam Anyanwu Fires Uzodinma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.