Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate (17067 Views)

Governor Adams Oshiomhole Is Raising Spidermen In Edo State / Oshiomhole Is The Biggest Thief In Benin City, Says Lucky Igbinedion / Breaking News: Oduduwa Is Benin Word Not Yoruba, Dele Giwa From Former Bendel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 5:57am On Jul 01, 2012
malc619:

One bottle of "Dry Gin" for you....
Billy-D-Goat-naire is foaming in the mouth because his Party did not get the support of the Oba.grin grin grin grin.

The Oba just like the Edo people want good governance......Period
Thats a nice name you gave me.....Billy-D-Goat-naire....How can you be daft on a sunday morning ? Learn to channel your energies into constructive criticism, you never can tell, you and I may meet in the next senate or house of Assembly, I would not be holding debates with someone who lacks basic knowledge of fallacies.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by femmy2010(m): 5:58am On Jul 01, 2012
Before he was an Oba and aside that he is an Oba he still remain part of the Edo state people.
He sure has the right to voice his like and dislike .
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 01, 2012
kiyosaki1: Why not come out straight and tell us you are for PAPA DECEIVING PIKIN let me borrow from Mr.GEJ your body movement is saying you are PDP please stop being cunning
Nah....you are always getting everything wrong.....there are many parties in Nigeria, if am against CPC does not mean am for PDP...other choices exist.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by malc619(m): 6:01am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: How can we say we practice American styled democracy and we keep figure heads called Obas around and their opinions count. I say we abolish these Obas and declare them irrelevant in a democracy.....

I wonder if you'd have said the sh!t Ʊ said above if the Oba had endorsed d PDP candidate..

Ur call for the abolishment of traditional rulers shows how much you despise and view with disdain the cultural heritage of the Nigerian people...
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by malc619(m): 6:01am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: How can we say we practice American styled democracy and we keep figure heads called Obas around and their opinions count. I say we abolish these Obas and declare them irrelevant in a democracy.....

I wonder if you'd have said the sh!t Ʊ said above if the Oba had endorsed d PDP candidate..

Ur call for the abolishment of traditional rulers shows how much you despise and view with disdain the cultural heritage of the Nigerian people...
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by dayokanu(m): 6:03am On Jul 01, 2012
malc619:

I have given him several instances where the same traditional rulers endorsed Retardeen Jonathan yet he doesnt see anything bad in that

Or Religious leaders endorsing Obama what we got was a deafening silence
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 01, 2012
malc619:

Ur call for the abolishment of traditional rulers how shows you despise and view with disdain the cultural heritage of the Nigerian people...
What is our constitutional form of governance in Nigeria. Its called Democracy, I think we should abolish democracy so we can practice Monarchy which we love with a passion. In Monarchy, Obas will reign supreme, in a democracy, its difficult for you to accept it, but the truth is, Obas, have no roles. Am I wrong ?
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 01, 2012
dayokanu:

I have given him several instances where the same traditional rulers endorsed Retardeen Jonathan yet he doesnt see anything bad in that

Or Religious leaders endorsing Obama what we got was a deafening silence
Dont derail the thread, I ignored it on purpose. Stay on the thread.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by dayokanu(m): 6:08am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Dont derail the thread, I ignored it on purpose. Stay on the thread.

Whats the derailment?

Traditional rulers endorsed Jonathan there was no issue, they endorsed Oshiomole now you are ranting

Question: Since you have been making reference to America, Didnt Religious leaders endorse Obama?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by dayokanu(m): 6:09am On Jul 01, 2012
The Oba is a voter i believe and he is a citizen of Edo State and he has the right to endorse any candidate he deems fit that would serve his subjects better.

He has witnessed the PDP misrule and he has seen Oshiomoles rule and he has advised his subjects accordingly

In every country rulers either religious or traditional canvass for votes for candidates

Several Black pastors campaigned vigorously for Obama and several Pastors also campaigned against him

If Retardeen Jonathan can go to pastors and traditional rulers for endorsement Why cant Adams oshiomole

The Ewi of Ado-Ekiti, Oba Adeyemo Adejugbe led other traditional rulers in Ekiti State to formally endorse Jonathan on Wednesday when he received the country’s leader in his palace as part of Jonathan’s campaign stops in the area

http://www.apanews.net/photo/fr/photo.php?id=141836

Traditional rulers from Akokoland in Ondo State recently rose from a meeting and unanimously endorsed the state governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko and his deputy, Alhaji Ali Olanusi for another term in office, Yinka Oladoyinbo, in this report, looks at the development as it affects the forthcoming governorship election in the state.

http://www.nigeriadailynews.com/politics/government/37254-when-akoko-traditional-rulers-endorsed-mimiko-for-second-term.html

Port Harcourt — Rivers State Council of Traditional Rulers yesterday expressed support for President Goodluck Jonathan. Speaking through its chairman, HM, King Princewill Amachree XI, during an interactive session with the President at the council chamber in Port Harcourt, the traditional rulers expressed confidence on Jonathan's ability to move the country forward

www.nairaland.com/attachments/322170_Rivers_elders_2733565_166841_5880938_n_jpgd21477e0aa9523f92a1eb0485225fc12

http://allafrica.com/stories/201012310522.html

Traditional rulers
in Cross Rivers State have endorsed the presidential bid of President
Goodluck Jonathan and are set to direct their subjects to vote for him
in the April presidential election.

http://www.nigeriaa2z.com/2011/03/10/traditional-rulers-endorse-jonathan/
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by kiyosaki1(m): 6:10am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: You have made solid points, if Oshiomole has performed well, his works, will sell him, apart from that, he has the power of the incumbency, with those on his side, the pendulum could swing on his direction. As for Oba, declaring that Oshiomole is the choice of the Bini people, its the poll that decides that, I say, let the best man win, and who ever wins, gets blessings of the royal fathers, i think thats how it should be....
you and me knows It's never as simple as that let call a spade a spade and not horticultural implement in Nigeria since the time of our independent traditional leaders have always play visible role in politics and may I bring to your notice that in not too far distance the late Oni of Ife Oba Adesoji Aderemi was an elected member of the house during the first republic go and sturdy Nigeria political history very well and you will see that those points you are trying to dwell on are non issues what's applicable in western countries will not I repeat work here and even if it will work there has to be some adjustment that will be made to make it work bearing situations on ground so wake up to the reality in ground and stop living in fool paradise this is Naija the more you look the less you see
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by kiyosaki1(m): 6:10am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: You have made solid points, if Oshiomole has performed well, his works, will sell him, apart from that, he has the power of the incumbency, with those on his side, the pendulum could swing on his direction. As for Oba, declaring that Oshiomole is the choice of the Bini people, its the poll that decides that, I say, let the best man win, and who ever wins, gets blessings of the royal fathers, i think thats how it should be....
you and me knows It's never as simple as that let call a spade a spade and not horticultural implement in Nigeria since the time of our independent traditional leaders have always play visible role in politics and may I bring to your notice that in not too far distance the late Oni of Ife Oba Adesoji Aderemi was an elected member of the house during the first republic go and sturdy Nigeria political history very well and you will see that those points you are trying to dwell on are non issues what's applicable in western countries will not I repeat work here and even if it will work there has to be some adjustment that will be made to make it work bearing situations on ground so wake up to the reality in ground and stop living in fool paradise this is Naija the more you look the less you see
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by malc619(m): 6:14am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Thats a nice name you gave me.....Billy-D-Goat-naire....How can you be daft on a sunday morning ? Learn to channel your energies into constructive criticism, you never can tell, you and I may meet in the next senate or house of Assembly, I would not be holding debates with someone who lacks basic knowledge of fallacies.

Billy-D-Goat-naire .........
Hope PDP don pay Ʊ ur June salary o....
I have nothing against people who are Pro-PDP/GEJ, but you Billy-D-Goat-naire are a PAID Pdp tale-spinner just like "Omokri".... So the "rules of engagement" are different
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 01, 2012
dayokanu:

Whats the derailment?

Traditional rulers endorsed Jonathan there was no issue, they endorsed Oshiomole now you are ranting

Question: Since you have been making reference to America, Didnt Religious leaders endorse Obama?
Let me respond as follows: Religious leaders did not say. This is the Choice of the American People, it wasnt macrosmic event. Race card was played after centuries of marginalization. Bini's case if different. The Oba singled handedly anointed a candidate even though the other parties candidates are still fellow subjects to his kingdom, its called preferential treatment. Telling me am pro-PDP in the Edo landscape is painful, cos I know there are many other parties contesting apart from PDP....my point is...royal fathers should remain neutral and give blessings to who ever wins, whether PDP, ACN, APGA, CPC etc.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by lekkie073(m): 6:16am On Jul 01, 2012
a king is not supposed to be partisan. Since all d contestants are children of the land, he should just bless all and let d ppl decide. What he did is like 'two contestants are debating, the king now wanting to use his authority to influence the panel if judges ( d ppl) by taking sides with one'. but this is 9ja where even pastors and imams join politicking. So...................
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by dayokanu(m): 6:17am On Jul 01, 2012
Oba Akenzua was involved in Politics, Oba Adesoji Aderemi was involved, Ahmadu bello was a Political as well as a traditional ruler, Buthelezi is a traditional ruler as well as a Politician,
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 01, 2012
kiyosaki1: you and me knows It's never as simple as that let call a spade a spade and not horticultural implement in Nigeria since the time of our independent traditional leaders have always play visible role in politics and may I bring to your notice that in not too far distance the late Oni of Ife Oba Adesoji Aderemi was an elected member of the house during the first republic go and sturdy Nigeria political history very well and you will see that those points you are trying to dwell on are non issues what's applicable in western countries will not I repeat work here and even if it will work there has to be some adjustment that will be made to make it work bearing situations on ground so wake up to the reality in ground and stop living in fool paradise this is Naija the more you look the less you see
The success of democracy in every clime has bearing on the simplicity of the system. Our practice of democracy has so far been more sentimental and cultural than constitutional. I am more of a constitutional guy while you are more on the cultural side. Democracy is constitutional system and not cultural. If we must practice democracy, it has to be constitutional, if not, there will be complexities.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by dayokanu(m): 6:22am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Let me respond as follows: Religious leaders did not say. This is the Choice of the American People, it wasnt macrosmic event. Race card was played after centuries of marginalization. Bini's case if different. The Oba singled handedly anointed a candidate even though the other parties candidates are still fellow subjects to his kingdom, its called preferential treatment. Telling me am pro-PDP in the Edo landscape is painful, cos I know there are many other parties contesting apart from PDP....my point is...royal fathers should remain neutral and give blessings to who ever wins, whether PDP, ACN, APGA, CPC etc.

Try another lie

On Sunday, Rev. Jeffress officially endorsed Mitt Romney for president because President Barack Obama "opposes Biblical principles."

Were the religious leaders rulers of All American people? The pastor is only the leader of his congregation and several pastors encouraged their congregation to vote Obama

In the case where Rivers Obas anointed Jonathan, Cross rivers rulers endorsed Jonathan, No noise from you, Ado Ekiti ruler endorsed Jonathan, No noise from you

Erediauwa endorsed Oshiomole now wahala
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 01, 2012
lekkie073: a king is not supposed to be partisan. Since all d contestants are children of the land, he should just bless all and let d ppl decide. What he did is like 'two contestants are debating, the king now wanting to use his authority to influence the panel if judges ( d ppl) by taking sides with one'. but this is 9ja where even pastors and imams join politicking. So...................
Thank you, tha'ts my point of view....my fellow debators seem to ignore that point.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 01, 2012
dayokanu:

Try another lie

Were the religious leaders rulers of All American people? The pastor is only the leader of his congregation and several pastors encouraged their congregation to vote Obama

In the case where Rivers Obas anointed Jonathan, Cross rivers rulers endorsed Jonathan, No noise from you, Ado Ekiti ruler endorsed Jonathan, No noise from you

Erediauwa endorsed Oshiomole now wahala
Dont derail the thread. Stay in focus
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 01, 2012
The success of democracy in every clime has bearing on the simplicity of the system. Our practice of democracy has so far been more sentimental and cultural than constitutional. I am more of a constitutional guy while you are more on the cultural side. Democracy is constitutional system and not cultural. If we must practice democracy, it has to be constitutional, if not, there will be complexities.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by dayokanu(m): 6:29am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: The success of democracy in every clime has bearing on the simplicity of the system. Our practice of democracy has so far been more sentimental and cultural than constitutional. I am more of a constitutional guy while you are more on the cultural side. Democracy is constitutional system and not cultural. If we must practice democracy, it has to be constitutional, if not, there will be complexities.

The same America you are yelling have their own democracy hinged on religious belief which is even more divisive than culture

candidate are criticized as being anti christ, supporting same sex marriage or abortion and base their opposition on Biblical ordinance

Has the religious leaning of Politics now scuttled Americas democracy?
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 01, 2012
If the people of Edo State needs an Oba to anoint the best candidate before voting process, then the constitution should be amended to incorporate that, (I doubt if it will pass the first reading in the parliament), after the amendment, then carry go....for now, I say it is culturally legal but constitutionally myopic.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by malc619(m): 6:31am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Dont derail the thread. Stay in focus

D f00l runs out of lies and starts begging pple nt 2 derail the thread.... grin grin grin grin

Just some hours ago you admitted that you were deliberately trying to derail a similar thread.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 01, 2012
malc619:

D f00l runs out of lies and starts begging pple nt 2 derail the thread.... grin grin grin grin

Just some hours ago you admitted that you were deliberately trying to derail a similar thread.
Dont call me a f00l bro, I am multiple lettered specie...I think you are almost the opposite.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 01, 2012
dayokanu:

The same America you are yelling have their own democracy hinged on religious belief which is even more divisive than culture

candidate are criticized as being anti christ, supporting same sex marriage or abortion and base their opposition on Biblical ordinance

Has the religious leaning of Politics now scuttled Americas democracy?
You have made valid points but the facts are the issues you mention pass through respective state parliaments and are passed into laws before they are effected. Its not implemented on cultural or religious grounds, they go through legal systems and gets enshrined into their constitutions. I think its the failure of our state houses of assembly to work on these grey areas so the system can function constitutionally and not culturally or religiously
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by malc619(m): 6:36am On Jul 01, 2012
lekkie073: a king is not supposed to be partisan. Since all d contestants are children of the land, he should just bless all and let d ppl decide. What he did is like 'two contestants are debating, the king now wanting to use his authority to influence the panel if judges ( d ppl) by taking sides with one'. but this is 9ja where even pastors and imams join politicking. So...................

A king should support and advocate for Good Governance.....
Oshiomole has delivered Good governance and this has earned him the Blessing of the palace... PDP had their chance, but the blew it up...
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by dayokanu(m): 6:38am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: If the people of Edo State needs an Oba to anoint the best candidate before voting process, then the constitution should be amended to incorporate that, (I doubt if it will pass the first reading in the parliament), after the amendment, then carry go....for now, I say it is culturally legal but constitutionally myopic.

Maybe we need to address it from the top when Traditional rulers were falling over themselves to endorse Jonathan

Was the constitution of America amended to incorporate Religious leaders anointing candidates? Can we say such anointing is also constitutionally myopic?
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 01, 2012
dayokanu:

Maybe we need to address it from the top when Traditional rulers were falling over themselves to endorse Jonathan

Was the constitution of America amended to incorporate Religious leaders anointing candidates? Can we say such anointing is also constitutionally myopic?
Campaigning for Obama....is not conjuring endorsement. You need to get the facts of the matter, the capacity of Oba in our culture is not on the same wavelength as black figures in USA. The Oba of Bini from my understanding is a grand cultural figure that commands respects of all. Whatever angle of the political telescope you view this issue, you know its a bias action. Even if the Edo people despise PDP based on past experience, what about the person of thee candidate, and what does it tell other candidates on other political parties. It therefore means that anyone having interest in contesting for public office have to first find loyalty with the cultural head and not necessarily the constitution we pledge to abide by.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by dayokanu(m): 6:54am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Campaigning for Obama....is not conjuring endorsement. You need to get the facts of the matter, the capacity of Oba in our culture is not on the same wavelength as black figures in USA. The Oba of Bini from my understanding is a grand cultural figure that commands respects of all. Whatever angle of the political telescope you view this issue, you know its a bias action. Even if the Edo people despise PDP based on past experience, what about the person of thee candidate, and what does it tell other candidates on other political parties. It therefore means that anyone having interest in contesting for public office have to first find loyalty with the cultural head and not necessarily the constitution we pledge to abide by.

When you endorse a candidate, are you not campaigning for him?. In The USA there are no traditional ruler and Pastors wield a lot of influence on the people, If you dont know you can ask.

The Oba felt that his sublect stands to gain more under the leadership of Oshiomole vs other parties.The Oba knows the person of all candidate, knows their party and advised his subjects to vote accordingly. At least he isnt forcing them some of his subjects would still vote PDP, even some of his chiefs and children self.

In America every candidate seeking political office seek endorsement from anyone possible including religious leaders

So the Oba has just been acting the script the same way its done in Godly America
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 01, 2012
dayokanu:

When you endorse a candidate, are you not campaigning for him?. In The USA there are no traditional ruler and Pastors wield a lot of influence on the people, If you dont know you can ask.

The Oba felt that his sublect stands to gain more under the leadership of Oshiomole vs other parties.The Oba knows the person of all candidate, knows their party and advised his subjects to vote accordingly. At least he isnt forcing them some of his subjects would still vote PDP, even some of his chiefs and children self.

In America every candidate seeking political office seek endorsement from anyone possible including religious leaders

So the Oba has just been acting the script the same way its done in Godly America
If the emboldened is true, then there should be no need for election, he should just be anointed to carry-go.
Re: Oba Of Benin To GEJ: Oshiomhole Is Benin's Candidate by crackhouse(m): 7:01am On Jul 01, 2012
osifred: as much as i don't fancy Mr president. i don't like the way he is being ridiculed by every dick and harry. the last i checked he still the c in c.
if they were still in their young age, i am sure jonathan will not even cross the Oba's gate because he had no shoes, i mean how do u expect sb that can't afford a shoe in those days to visit Oba's palace? and Oba had a lot of them back in the days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

You Must Reconvene National Assembly Now – APC Tells PDP, Saraki / Nnamdi Kanu: Allow Court Handle Matter, Buhari Tells South-East Leader / Hearing Of Court Cases Via Zoom, Skype Approved By Lagos Chief Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.