Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,365 members, 7,954,480 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:03 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1842581 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 10:39am On Sep 03, 2013
No it is not a joke. Show me your facts and prove me wrong.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
I meant to say last as Rochas(IMO)and Martin Elechi are 3rd and 4th respectively with Theodore taking up last place in the whole south east zone.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 9:15pm On Sep 03, 2013
edited
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 9:24pm On Sep 03, 2013
More Nsukka pictures.
Those at nsukka axis should flash us with current pictures.
I was there 2011 for traditional marriage.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2013
Flight ETH931 has just departed Addis Ababa for AIIA, Enugu. The new international terminal being built at the airport by the Chinese should be completed by 2014. It will have a floor area of 25,000 square feet and handle at least 500,000 passengers a year. Lets hope that Enugu will upgrade some of her hotels such as Hotel Presidential which needs foreign investment and expertise to come in and upgrade it to a five star hotel of world class.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 04, 2013
^^
I thought the new terminal is being designed to handle 2 million passengers per year? Or was there a revision of the design?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 8:55am On Sep 04, 2013
Plz those in Enugu or people flying the airport should tells us weda work has started in full shape at the new terminal building. The foundation was laid in June and by now, we need to be seeing a some shape of the emerging building. Then let's hope the chinese will build a better terminal. We don't need much building but a modern small and much equipped terminal should be good for Enugu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 04, 2013
SimonAndal:
Please o, does anybody know why the power has been out in Enugu East for the past week? My fridge is now used as a cupboard.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 04, 2013
The flight is now over Sudanese airspace.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 04, 2013
CFCfan: The flight is now over Sudanese airspace.

How do you know this ?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 04, 2013
adaobi123:

How do you know this ?
via http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ETH931
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 04, 2013
CFCfan:
via http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ETH931

Ohhh. Can you do this with all flights ?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 04, 2013
adaobi123:

Ohhh. Can you do this with all flights ?

Yes you can
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 10:53am On Sep 04, 2013
Does anyone know the state of the airport road (between orthopaedic hospital to Emene).
It's been closed for some time now.
What of the secretariat?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Datiboboi: 10:54am On Sep 04, 2013
ubomez2@yahoo.c:
Flight ETH931 has just departed Addis Ababa for AIIA, Enugu. The new international terminal being built at the airport by the Chinese should be completed by 2014. It will have a floor area of 25,000 square feet and handle at least 500,000 passengers a year. Lets hope that Enugu will upgrade some of her hotels such as Hotel Presidential which needs foreign investment and expertise to come in and upgrade it to a five star hotel of world class.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Datiboboi: 10:59am On Sep 04, 2013
ubomez2@yahoo.c:

The Nigerian Army is to build its 1st 5star standard hotel in Enugu as part of its efforts to diversify its sources of funding, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika, has said.
Ihejirika said the hotel would be built under a public-private partnership arrangement.He said the hotel would offer alternatives to soldiers in transit while it would also be accessible to the civilian population.
He also commended the division for the work at the mess which he described as a five-star mess.

I'm trying to add some pics i snapped here but I'm getting pissed off. You be patient and ill bomb you all with some nice pics *****
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B2mario(m): 11:01am On Sep 04, 2013
james_ibor: @Odenigbo and Bandit, why not keep d contest simple and devoid of name calling.

@Bandit, why not let's start by listing our first teams, here goes for Anambra;

ANAMBRA STATE

Odumegwu Ojukwu

Chinua Achebe

Emeka Anyaoku

Chimamanda Adichie

Cardinal Arinze

Philip Emeagwali

Alex Ekwueme

Dora Akunyili

Chinyelu Onwura (Labour Party MP, UK)

Chuka Umunna (Labour party MP, UK)

Charles Soludo

Oby Ezekwesili

Cosmas Maduka (Coscharis)

Cletus Ibeto

Emeka Offor

Mikel Obi

P square

Nnamdi Azikiwe

Nwafor Orizu (Nigeria's 1st senate presido)

Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu (1st African multi millionaire)

Chike Obi

Kenneth Dike (1st Nigerian VC of a university UI)

Ben Enweonwu

Pius Okigbo

Chuba Okadigbo

Jerome Udoji

Cyprian Ekwensi

Osita Osadebe

Oliver de Coque

Augustine Ilodibe (Ekene DiliChukwu)

Samuel Okoye etc

Over to you. No name calling please I'm neutral here and just want to learn.

N/B: I agree with the topic, Enugu is d pride of the east who no like am make e go hug wet transformer grin grin
my brother you can be funny! You listed even rev. fr, footballer and musicians among your state great achievers. I know this was the thing you anambrarians was waiting to do that's why you've been derailing this thread but it's bad of you, bear in mind that pride goes before a fall, in the then eastern region it was umuahia and then majority of medical doctors from the east were from afikpo but now what's the status of these 2 places. Please this thing make no sense, and bear in mind that things do rotate, as it's today is not how it will be tomorrow, no state in igboland doesnt have names that match these mentioned above but they dont count these. It's only anambrarians that love showing or pronouncing the achievement of their people without thinking of how to make their own. In terms of individual riches in igboland, we know that anambra comes 1st followed by imo, abia, enugu and ebonyi but take this, there's no much gaps among them, they all have wealthy men that come from their regions. In the names you listed above, it's only few i know and most of them are old who will soon face-off from this earth, so if another person from another state will list like you, you'll see that your comment makes no point. Please our brothers, anambrarians, in SE enugu is the finest city followed by owerri, umuahia, abakaliki, abiriba, aba, onitsha, awka, orlu, nsukka, okigwe then nnewi or ohaofia, afikpo. In terms of population anambra comes 1st again, in terms of development both in rural, imo comes 1st followed by anambra and abia. We all are travellers and should not hide the truth and we are all igbos and should apreciate the effort of each other be it abia, imo, ebonyi, enugu or anambra or even the unborn sixth state of igboland.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 11:09am On Sep 04, 2013
The terminal design is for 500,000 passengers a year. AIIA is a relatively small airport but smaller airports out-perform larger hubs. The cost is 81million dollars(13.3billion naira).However,what is important right now is the brand new runway which is 3.2km long and the upgraded control tower, these are essentially the airport. A terminal building are meant to showcase the city(Enugu)- retail, five star hotels, etc.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Datiboboi: 11:19am On Sep 04, 2013
eaglechild: Does anyone know the state of the airport road (between orthopaedic hospital to Emene).
It's been closed for some time now.
What of the secretariat?

Is getting some attention recently by the state govt. in collaboration with the world bank development scheme.

Last 3 weeks all the shops along the orthopedic hospital and the popular abakpa junction has been demolished and the contractors has already started the project of two lane express that will link both to the airport and Enugu Abakiliki express road.
The secretariat has been already completed
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 11:30am On Sep 04, 2013
Dat~ibo~boi:

The Nigerian Army is to build its 1st 5star standard hotel in Enugu as part of its efforts to diversify its sources of funding, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika, has said.
Ihejirika said the hotel would be built under a public-private partnership arrangement.He said the hotel would offer alternatives to soldiers in transit while it would also be accessible to the civilian population.
He also commended the division for the work at the mess which he described as a five-star mess.

I'm trying to add some pics i snapped here but I'm getting pissed off. You be patient with I bomb you all with some nice pics *****
waiting for the explosions.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
Dat~ibo~boi:

Is getting some attention recently by the state govt. in collaboration with the world bank development scheme.

Last 3 weeks all the shops along the orthopedic hospital and the popular abakpa junction has been demolished and the contractors has already started the project of two lane express that will link both to the airport and Enugu Abakiliki express road.

Wow. Is that wat is happening now in Enugu, very good. Plz keep d updates coming along with good developments in others SE states. Gradually is our word.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
Does Enugu have a city center? I think a part of Enugu should be designated as the city center and a very big roundabout with a fountain and a statue with infrastructure to go with it.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
Dat~ibo~boi:

^^^You give all these nice (written) updates of on-going work on a new wider highway to the airport and completed secretariat complex, when a few pics/videos could tell your story better and capture the imagination more readily!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast3: 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
B2 mario: my brother you can be funny! You listed even rev. fr, footballer and musicians among your state great achievers. I know this was the thing you anambrarians was waiting to do that's why you've been derailing this thread but it's bad of you, bear in mind that pride goes before a fall, in the then eastern region it was umuahia and then majority of medical doctors from the east were from afikpo but now what's the status of these 2 places. Please this thing make no sense, and bear in mind that things do rotate, as it's today is not how it will be tomorrow, no state in igboland doesnt have names that match these mentioned above but they dont count these. It's only anambrarians that love showing or pronouncing the achievement of their people without thinking of how to make their own. In terms of individual riches in igboland, we know that anambra comes 1st followed by imo, abia, enugu and ebonyi but take this, there's no much gaps among them, they all have wealthy men that come from their regions. In the names you listed above, it's only few i know and most of them are old who will soon face-off from this earth, so if another person from another state will list like you, you'll see that your comment makes no point. Please our brothers, anambrarians, in SE enugu is the finest city followed by owerri, umuahia, abakaliki, abiriba, aba, onitsha, awka, orlu, nsukka, okigwe then nnewi or ohaofia, afikpo. In terms of population anambra comes 1st again, in terms of development both in rural, imo comes 1st followed by anambra and abia. We all are travellers and should not hide the truth and we are all igbos and should apreciate the effort of each other be it abia, imo, ebonyi, enugu or anambra or even the unborn sixth state of igboland.

How did you arrive at this? Don't get it twisted.

FYI: Here is the ranking in the SE:

-Enugu

-Onitsha

-Owerre

-Awka

-Abakaliki

-Umuahia

-Aba

-Nnewi

-Nsukka

-Ekwulobia

-Orlu

etc..etc....

Alaigbo akwurugo..

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Datiboboi: 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
henrychubayo:

Wow. Is that wat is happening now in Enugu, very good. Plz keep d updates coming along with good developments in others SE states. Gradually is our word.

Cool

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
Afam4eva: Does Enugu have a city center? I think a part of Enugu should be designated as the city center and a very big roundabout with a fountain and a statue with infrastructure to go with it.

The city centre is in the independence layout around the stadium and the other monuments. The place is dead quiet usually and the idea of putting large roundabouts/fountains at the centre of the city may be little old fashioned. It's all about Rail terminuses and Central Business Districts which every city but Lagos is lacking.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igboboy1(m): 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
Enugu is the pride of the East
Asaba is the pride of Ani Ndigbo.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 10:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
ezeagu:

The city centre is in the independence layout around the stadium and the other monuments. The place is dead quiet usually and the idea of putting large roundabouts/fountains at the centre of the city may be little old fashioned. It's all about Rail terminuses and Central Business Districts which every city but Lagos is lacking.

Abuja has central area. This is why I personally believe we have only two real cities in Nigeria viz Abuja and Lagos. The rest are conglomerate of villages and residential areas.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soma042(m): 12:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Dat~ibo~boi:

I'm trying to add some pics i snapped here but I'm getting pissed off. You be patient and ill bomb you all with some nice pics *****
pe

ok let me help you out with pics here

the last two picture was taking from the building at night were one can view the landscape of ogui junction,new haven,stadium and some parts of ind.layout

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
soma042:

Lovely. This is the kind of structures I expect to see covering every major street of every major city in Nigeria,
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
soma042:

^^^What building is that.....and is it in Enugu?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Datiboboi: 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
soma042:

Thank you very much@ soma042 I tried to upload the pics but my iPhone keep pissn my off.

For some of you who don't know the building so well, the house when completed will host the first ever 5 star hotel build by Nigerian army . It's aready posted in politics section with links so you can read more about it

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (714) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.