Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1785055 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 2:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
Excuse me, what does the Nigerian Army know about managing a five star hotel? In modern Nigeria hotels are built, developed and managed by those in the private sector who have the expertise and professionalism to run them. The above picture looks like a 5 storey car park!!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Datiboboi: 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
ubomez2@yahoo.c:
Excuse me, what does the Nigerian Army know about managing a five star hotel? In modern Nigeria hotels are built, developed and managed by those in the private sector who have the expertise and professionalism to run them. The above picture looks like a 5 storey car park!!!!

He also said the hotel would be built under a public-private partnership arrangement
[b][/b]

It might look like 2 stores building as you highlighted above but personally iv seen the master design of that building, and i want to assure you that at the completion of this project, the hotel will be one of the best hotel in Enugu and will compete among the best hotel in the south excluding Lagos state and calaba ranch
Hotel .
Also referring to your question about the management of the hotel,the hotel would be built under a public-private partnership arrangement

the full gist is here
http://thecitizenng.com/other-news/army-plans-five-star-hotel-in-enugu-to-diversify-resources/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
Acknowledged and noted.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
I just want to share wat I discovered. I have tried to book Ethiopia airline from Johannesburg to Enugu. The price was very good for me afterall, I will spend some more money if I where to Lagos and use flight to Enugu. I got the price at 7500 Rand. Very happy for the amount.

Then I said let me visit a traveling agent, an ethiopian for that matter to know d rate from her. After she made some calculations, she told me its 9200 Rand. That it a different of 1200 rand. So agent rate I expected to decrease is the one too cost for me? Well I just made up my mind not to use agent. The best thing for me is to book online, rust to the airport to pay if I had no money in my credit card. I guess, we can just save cost if we do things ourselves rather than rely on agents. Am sure this route will be hot cake come november, december nd dats why am planning ahead to avoid paying more then.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Emperoh(m): 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
Enjoy your proposed trip back to Naija via Enugu I can assure you your trip shall surely be a long one. Seven hours to Addis Ababa, then 13hour wait at Bole International Airport waiting for your connecting flight to Enugu at 10:00 the next day. You can go into Addis Ababa city for sightseeing and sample the local dishes!!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 10:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
lol...demostration of craz grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B2mario(m): 10:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
joeluv: lol...demostration of craz grin
proud lunatic so you are still awake! Do you need some laxothan?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nebeuwa(m): 12:19am On Sep 07, 2013
Aba has more industries than Onitsha. Onitsha has a bigger market, but the craftsmen in Aba are some of the best in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 07, 2013
Nebeuwa: Aba has more industries than Onitsha. Onitsha has a bigger market, but the craftsmen in Aba are some of the best in Africa.

This is indisputable.

Even Nnewi has more industries than Onitsha if we want to be technical.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by londoner: 8:03am On Sep 07, 2013
^^^^ When will Igbo men in particular stop disgracing us on nairaland with their d#ck measuring contests.

Its a show of shame in front of everyone else here. When last did you hear other tribes engaging in this type of talk?
We are supposed to be celebrating a state in the SE on this thread, yet some insist on trying to turn it into a very childish exchange.

The next time a non Igbo tells you that your tribe is childish and emotional, ask yourself if you contributed to that impression.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by pazienza(m): 10:05am On Sep 07, 2013
londoner: ^^^^ When will Igbo men in particular stop disgracing us on nairaland with their d#ck measuring contests.

Its a show of shame in front of everyone else here. When last did you hear other tribes engaging in this type of talk?
We are supposed to be celebrating a state in the SE on this thread, yet some insist on trying to turn it into a very childish exchange.

The next time a non Igbo tells you that your tribe is childish and emotional, ask yourself if you contributed to that impression.

My brother, i wonder o! A group of fat people arguing over who is the slimmest amongst them, when they know that even the slimmest is still fat. Dumb dick measuring contest, if you ask me.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2013
Seems there is no flight today or are they delayed by weather? Someone should let us know.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 11:00am On Sep 07, 2013
Todays flight departs at 1340.It arrived yesterday from Addis Ababa at about 1230 and stayed overnight.You must note that the flights are on a four day rotational basis. The first flight on the 24th of August was on a Saturday, so the flight pattern is Saturday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
ubomez2@yahoo.c:
Todays flight departs at 1340.It arrived yesterday from Addis Ababa at about 1230 and stayed overnight.You must note that the flights are on a four day rotational basis. The first flight on the 24th of August was on a Saturday, so the flight pattern is Saturday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

They must have been lodged at Nike Lake Resort and Hotels. The crew will get a taste of the Enugu environs. Not bad sha. But they should notify public wen they doing d rotational thing
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2013
ifechez:

Chino!!!! u are at it again. this is how u claimed that ur fada has a house in Onitsha even as ur fada hasn't stepped foot in Onitsha since his entire life. chino, u are just an aguata village boy who knows nothing.
Aba is a city in Nigeria that has no equal in terms production and craftsmanship. are u aware that there has been underground drainage networks in Aba as of early 80's, built by Mbakwe. do u know the number of local govt areas in Aba compared to the ones in Onitsha. are u aware that there are more hotels and clubs in Aba than Onitsha. are u aware there are more industries in Aba than Onitsha. is it a lie that there is no single dual carriageway in onitsha? is it lie that until recently there is no master for onitsha? are u aware that Aba is by far bigger than Onitsha.
As for the nonsense u wrote abt awka, I will only laugh in okpoko. Umuahia was one place I went and was humbled by the civility and exposures of the residents. I couldnt find one single untared road tryout my stay there. even the streets have street lights and always clean. just like Aba, umuahia has underground drainage also built by Mbakwe. Now the state govt is developing a section of umuahia they call New Umuahia. Awka has potentials and its still coming up- so u can't compare it with umuahia. are u aware awka has only two dual roads in the entire town.

Umuahia is a small town and did not experience population explosion like some other towns in Nigeria. That's the reason all the roads are tarred and pothole free with exception of World Bank area. Let's stop all these unnecessary comparison and let the thread focus on its theme. Chino is an unstable character and B2mario is quite new and does not know Chino.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shineeye: 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
so many int passengers in the airport wow

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 12:27pm On Sep 07, 2013
shine eye: so many int passengers in the airport wow

your pic does not justify what you wrote.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kostadinis: 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2013
ubomez2@yahoo.c:

I think they were short of passengers, if not, what about those that were supposed to be Addis Ababa-bound from Enugu yesterday friday? Last saturday, they flew into Enugu and departed with passengers which i believe was a normal schedule.

A bit nervous...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2013
shine eye: so many int passengers in the airport wow

^^^Bros you know what the flight status information board looks like......that's if they remembered to install one!

If anyone is still there or has been there, can you take a picture and post it here for us to see? I remember some years back when they were using a blackboard and chalk! shocked
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shineeye: 12:45pm On Sep 07, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Bros you know what the flight status information board looks like......that's if they remembered to install one!

If anyone is still there or has been there, can you take a picture and post it here for us to see? I remember some years back when they were using a blackboard and chalk! shocked
Flight schedule screen TV has been installed am a witness myself,i will take pixs of it next time i visit the airport.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 1:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
Kostadinis no need to be nervous!!! On Friday the 30th August the flight arrived from Addis Ababa and did not depart Enugu until the next day being Saturday the 31st August. The next scheduled flight was then the 2nd of September on Monday, followed by Wednesday(4th) and Friday(6th) which slept in Enugu to depart in the next 20 minutes to Addis Ababa. So as you can see it has gone full circle. Do not panic all is well.Abuja has five times weekly, while Lagos is daily. So Enugu is the baby of the family!!!!! enjoy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kostadinis: 1:47pm On Sep 07, 2013
ubomez2@yahoo.c:
Kostadinis no need to be nervous!!! On Friday the 30th August the flight arrived from Addis Ababa and did not depart Enugu until the next day being Saturday the 31st August. The next scheduled flight was then the 2nd of September on Monday, followed by Wednesday(4th) and Friday(6th) which slept in Enugu to depart in the next 20 minutes to Addis Ababa. So as you can see it has gone full circle. Do not panic all is well.Abuja has five times weekly, while Lagos is daily. So Enugu is the baby of the family!!!!! enjoy

Incisive. I can now relax with the hope that all is going smoothly. Dalu nna

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soma042(m): 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
wow 042 on point
so what are we still waiting for
no place like home
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soma042(m): 2:27pm On Sep 07, 2013
what about protea hotel a.k.a (NIKE LAKE)result hotel, is also a natural place to be in Enugu.
i wanna take permission from you guys here to flood some nice pics of the hotel.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
please do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.