Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1779624 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Edwike: 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
More arrival and departure photos pls.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by millionaireman: 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
adaobi123: When the likes of British airways or virgin start flying to enugu, notify me cool tongue
Once the Enugu route becomes very lucrative - usually many passengers - British Airways and other European airlines shall compete over themselves to fly the Enugu route. The Brits go to where ever the money is; the Brits should not harbour any grouse against Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
millionaireman:
Once the Enugu route becomes very lucrative - usually many passengers - British Airways and other European airlines shall compete over themselves to fly the Enugu route. The Brits go to where ever the money is; the Brits should not harbour any grouse against Enugu.

They will come, but it depends on the politics played at Abuja. If a Northerner is president, he won't give them landing rights at Enugu, instead he'll tell them to start flying first from Kano.

That is our most serious problem.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
HappyJoe:

They will come, but it depends on the politics played at Abuja. If a Northerner is president, he won't give them landing rights at Enugu, instead he'll tell them to start flying first from Kano.

That's the chief reason why South-easterners want GEJ to stay in office till 2019. In 6 years time, it would be extremely difficult to reverse the present policies which are geared towards the economic liberation of the South-east.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2013
more pix please
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by millionaireman: 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
HappyJoe:

I disagree. Once the Igbo collectively assert their right, no president of non-Igbo extraction in Abuja during a democracy can easily deny Igbo of their rights.
Igbos suffered for too many years after the civil war only because military juntas led by northern people led the country for too long.

But just imagine the level of development that has taken place in Igboland in just 13 years of democracy!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 8:33pm On Aug 24, 2013

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
According to the Aviation minister, 7 airlines are planning to start flights into Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
CFCfan: According to the Aviation minister, 7 airlines are planning to start flights into Enugu.
I hope and wishes Lufthansa is among those airlines.
Flying from Frankfurt to Enugu will be awesome! grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nightshift: I hope and wishes Lufthansa is among those airlines.
Flying from Frankfurt to Enugu will be awesome! grin
Yea, that would be nice. But I think direct flights to Europe and the U.S. would be seasonal for now.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
CFCfan: According to the Aviation minister, 7 airlines are planning to start flights into Enugu.

When did she say that?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2013
CFCfan:
Yea, that would be nice. But I think direct flights to Europe and the U.S. would be seasonal for now.
An airline like Lufthansa would combine a flight to Enugu with either Douala or Malabo.
Many Ndigbo in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, among other countries, will no doubt take advantage of such offer.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nightshift: An airline like Lufthansa would combine a flight to Enugu with either Douala or Malabo.
Many Ndigbo in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, among other countries, will no doubt take advantage of such offer.
True. That could be Lufthansa's short-term strategy for the next year or 2, until passenger numbers can guarantee the viability of a direct Enugu-Frankfurt route.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2013
CFCfan:
True. That could be Lufthansa's short-term strategy for the next year or 2, until passenger numbers can guarantee the viability of a direct Enugu-Frankfurt route.
Yeah, they can decide so if the management want. In 2005, i flew Lufthansa from Frankfurt to Port Harcourt, in a Frankfurt - PH - Abuja combo.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jamesibor: 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
Pictures of the Ethiopian airlines international flight here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1410535/pictures-first-international-flight-enugu
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 11:24pm On Aug 24, 2013

I'm not sure that airport can cope with 7 airlines right away - the immigration staff & co. are still very lousy & they struggle with only one international flight per day.

I'm not an enemy of progress, but we Nigerians (whether it is at Lagos, Abuja or PH airports) seldom get even basic things right.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omicron(m): 7:23am On Aug 25, 2013
It is great that International flights now fly directly from my beloved Enugu. I love that.

I'd also like to see completion of all the bad major federal roads within the SE like the Enugu-Aba-Ph road and the Enugu-Onitsha expressway.

Then, serious work should be seen to begin for the Second Niger Bridge. And, the port at Onitsha should be made very 'functional'. Then, the sky will be the limit for the SE region and its surroundings.

Kudos to GEJ! Really...since over 20yrs I was born, federal presence, in terms of infrastructure and delivery on electoral promises, has never felt this real and close.

Obviously, there is much more to be done, but it is one step at a time.

A big kudos to all nairaland crew here. Reading all this discussion here brings so much smiles...and hope.

One day, one or many of you will become very close to the government, states or federal, in whaterver arm of it - executive or legislature......When that time reaches, I hope you won't forget the wealth of ideas and blueprints for sustainable development that is, and will continue to be, found inside this thread.

Long live to a Peaceful and Just Nigeria. And long live to a tribalism-and-hate-free nairaland! smiley

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 25, 2013
What do u guys think of the vision of this Igbo Council of Europe. I find their plans exciting:
http://igbocouncilofeurope.org/the-african-tiger/employment-generation/infrastructure/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 9:55am On Aug 26, 2013
CFCfan: What do u guys think of the vision of this Igbo Council of Europe. I find their plans exciting:
http://igbocouncilofeurope.org/the-african-tiger/employment-generation/infrastructure/

Its a very nice plan if it will work. I loved wat I saw nor matter in which igbo city it is but I guess from d plan, development will be in all cities of igbo land
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 9:59am On Aug 26, 2013
Am at work now but I manage to track the second flight to Enugu, it is on its way. Very nice work. The exposure is coming gradually to all igbo cities. I don't care about state. But I only want to know why imo governor has choose to ignore good things to our region in d name of politics. I do indeed applaud the 4 governors who showed commitment and disregarding politics to put d interest of the region first.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:02am On Aug 26, 2013
CFCfan: What do u guys think of the vision of this Igbo Council of Europe. I find their plans exciting:
I think it's a great plan and we have to start by connecting all the states in SE together by road and rail afterall the east is not that big. If we put these things and other things in place, Igboland might just become a conurbation. My problem is in the fundraising.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:30am On Aug 26, 2013

^^^Nice concept! I saw this about a year ago, but feel we can only actualise this ambitious vision with the right kind of leadership in place in all the states of the region. We're not bereft of good ideas as a people.....the issue is taking it to the next level!

Sometimes i feel i'm the only one in a hurry to see Igboland become a world-renowned epicentre for commerce, industry, tourism and real estate; and that's why when i see a person that has the requisite skills to help us actualise these dreams being tricked and scammed out of contention for higher office, it just makes me mad at our people!

Time is not on our side, and we can't be busy stabbing each other in the back playing dirty politics and pandering to the whims of outsiders while other regions/countries are going stratospheric with their developmental strides!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Longeria(m): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
henrychubayo: Am at work now but I manage to track the second flight to Enugu, it is on its way. Very nice work. The exposure is coming gradually to all igbo cities. I don't care about state. But I only want to know why imo governor has choose to ignore good things to our region in d name of politics. I do indeed applaud the 4 governors who showed commitment and disregarding politics to put d interest of the region first.
I'm ashamed as an Imolite when I realised that my dear state is being made Arewa fruit garden Extension. If this occasion happen to be in anywhere in North or West, Oke Ocha, sorry, OKOROCHA will be the first to attend, Mr notice me. That will tell you where his love and loyalty is and will always be as far as he remains in APC, not with Imolites or Igbos in general, but with killers and deporters of Ndibgo.

As far as God lives, Igbos shall conquer all her enemies, both external and internal.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
One day I will fly those birds. grin

To God Be The Glory.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Longeria: I'm ashamed as an Imolite when I realised that my dear state is being made Arewa fruit garden Extension. If this occasion happen to be in anywhere in North or West, Oke Ocha, sorry, OKOROCHA will be the first to attend, Mr notice me. That will tell you where his love and loyalty is and will always be as far as he remains in APC, not with Imolites or Igbos in general, but with killers and deporters of Ndibgo.

As far as God lives, Igbos shall conquer all her enemies, both external and internal.

Sometimes I feel ashamed of being Igbo going by some shameful writings I often see on Nairaland. I however doubt your origin because Imolites are quite intelligent. You've been trying to sew a seed of discord or create a non-existent PDP-Igbo relationship. Okorocha is in APC and not PDP.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Longeria(m): 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
Abagworo:

Sometimes I feel ashamed of being Igbo going by some shameful writings I often see on Nairaland. I however doubt your origin because Imolites are quite intelligent. You've been trying to sew a seed of discord or create a non-existent PDP-Igbo relationship. Okorocha is in APC and not PDP.
You described me as unintelligent? Thank you, but you have to tell us the possible reasons why he shunned the once in a lifetime occasion if not political reasons. You don't know him more than me, OKOROCHA can enslave the whole of Igbo land just to get what he wants. Once again, thanks for describing me as unintelligent, nobody has done that before.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
Abagworo:

That guy is right. We are not talking of party here. He simply said that if such things like a big infrastructure were to be in North, you will clearly see okorocha there. We don't want to know the party anyone belongs to but we simply want our cities to develop. What imo governor is doing might have made him not to be speaking with the president and this is very bad cause for the development of the state. Let us leave party issues here and put the interest of the region first of all things. i guess he is not more intelligent than perter obi who is still not in the same party with the president but still appears wen the interest of the region is on ground. Remember that we need the federal government to build the INTERNATIONAL CARGO TERMINAL AT IMO STATE, but i wonder how such will be achieved with the attitude of the present governor. He is presently trying to put the state against all igbos in the name of politics. even the previous governor was in great touch with his igbo governors. Why do he tend to present things as if the state or himself is against all igbos? For not appearing in saturday event, he has certainly made fool of himself and no igbo person should support him

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Longeria(m): 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
henrychubayo:

That guy is right. We are not talking of party here. He simply said that if such things like a big infrastructure were to be in North, you will clearly see okorocha there. We don't want to know the party anyone belongs to but we simply want our cities to develop. What imo governor is doing might have made him not to be speaking with the president and this is very bad cause for the development of the state. Let us leave party issues here and put the interest of the region first of all things. i guess he is not more intelligent than perter obi who is still not in the same party with the president but still appears wen the interest of the region is on ground. Remember that we need the federal government to build the INTERNATIONAL CARGO TERMINAL AT IMO STATE, but i wonder how such will be achieved with the attitude of the present governor. He is presently trying to put the state against all igbos in the name of politics. even the previous governor was in great touch with his igbo governors. Why do he tend to present things as if the state or himself is against all igbos? For not appearing in saturday event, he has certainly made fool of himself and no igbo person should support him
GBAM
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
Longeria: You described me as unintelligent? Thank you, but you have to tell us the possible reasons why he shunned the once in a lifetime occasion if not political reasons. You don't know him more than me, OKOROCHA can enslave the whole of Igbo land just to get what he wants. Once again, thanks for describing me as unintelligent, nobody has done that before.

PDP is a Northern party born out of the Caliphate and Kaduna mafia and you are celebrating it. PDP has been sponsoring ethnic hatred and religious crisis across the country and you ignore those. Henry Okah confessed about who sponsored the October 1 bombing and Azazi confessed who sponsored Boko Haram. If Okorocha chose to be in APC, you should respect his own views and it is in the interest of Igbos to have stakes in different parties. Everyone that has a different view from status quo becomes a traitor to Igbos and that is very bad. We should learn to tolerate opposing views and not always follow any Government in power.

Okorocha might have other reasons for not coming which could be political or personal. I'm aware his relationship with Theodore Orji and Peter Obi is not rosy but Chime is his friend.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
Akwukwe beach Enugu:

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
Fulani settlement Akwukwe Enugu:

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.