Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1793469 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (702) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
asha80:
yes..Gilbert nnaji's election was cancelled and rerun ordered..the thread was on politics board yesterday

Na wao!

Supposing Chimaroke wins? I don't even know who is a better senator between the two?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:03am On Oct 14, 2015
See what they have turned our Old Park into, a parking lot where you pay to leave your car while shopping at Ogbete Main market.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:04am On Oct 14, 2015
Can Chimaroke Nnamani defeat Gil Nnaji in a rerun election.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:07am On Oct 14, 2015
This is Trans Ekulu, a cool place. But the roads at Dental road is going bad.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 14, 2015

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:10am On Oct 14, 2015
A look at the Trans Ekulu bridge, looking towards Abakpa side of the express road.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 12:10am On Oct 14, 2015
spyder880:
See what they have turned our Old Park into, a parking lot where you pay to leave your car while shopping at Ogbete Main market.

Not a bad idea at all.
In every major city of the world, parking spaces are often paid for. it also helps to create jobs. may be the success of this will inspire others to build multi-floor parking garages especially in cities as onitsha main market.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:12am On Oct 14, 2015
The link road from the express is terribly bad.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:15am On Oct 14, 2015
Cjrane2:

Not a bad idea at all.
In every major city of the world, parking spaces are often paid for. it also helps to create jobs. may be the success of this will inspire others to build multi-floor parking garages especially in cities as onitsha main market.

Sure, but what we are yet to be told, is if the proceed from this paid park is for Enugu state, or for private purse? cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:16am On Oct 14, 2015
This is New Haven, Enugu.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 12:18am On Oct 14, 2015
spyder880:
This is Trans Ekulu, a cool place. But the roads at Dental road is going bad.

I fervently believe using concrete or interlocking stones to build streets and roads is the way of the future.

1. it does not require any high level engineering know how.
2. it does not require any large construction equipments or manpower.

All you need is a few laborers to mix the stones and concrete, grade the road and make sure it is level, then pour the concrete. Perhaps using very tiny rods which further reinforce the road.

Concrete roads are not just cheaper, they last 5 times longer than asphalt.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:22am On Oct 14, 2015
Cjrane2:

I fervently believe using concrete or interlocking stones to build streets and roads is the way of the future.

1. it does not require any high level engineering know how.
2. it does not require any large construction equipments or manpower.

All you need is a few laborers to mix the stones and concrete, grade the road and make sure it is level, then pour the concrete. Perhaps using very tiny rods which further reinforce the road.

Concrete roads are not just cheaper, they last 5 times longer than asphalt.

l am exploring this interlocking stones options, starting with the roads in our new estate in Enugu.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:24am On Oct 14, 2015
CBN quarters, Enugu. ...

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:26am On Oct 14, 2015
Closer, lovely architecture, just requires painting and renovation to look minty like new CBN notes cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:28am On Oct 14, 2015
Other good houses enclosing the estate. .....

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 12:29am On Oct 14, 2015
spyder880:

l am exploring this interlocking stones options, starting with the roads in our new estate in Enugu.

Good job Spyder. Although it may be cheaper for you to simply mix cement and stones and do a "German floor" street. Unlike the regular german floor in homes, you must not smoothen the surface of the concrete. You must allow the surface to be even but "rough". The german floor is cheaper than buying interlocking stones. But if you can afford it, do the right thing and make sure you pave the road from gutter to gutter to make sure the edges are not left to become water logged and road begins to collapse from the edges.Initially, people will think you are wasting money doing the streets. But eventually, the ambiance of the whole place, lack of dust from bad streets, the property rate will be skyhigh.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:30am On Oct 14, 2015
Looking at Upper Chime avenue, standing in front of Akalaka house......

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:33am On Oct 14, 2015
More of Chime avenue. ....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:34am On Oct 14, 2015
Lower Chime avenue. .........

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:37am On Oct 14, 2015
Towards the beginning of Chime avenue. .......

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:38am On Oct 14, 2015
Appreciating the greenery in New Haven, Enugu. ......

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:40am On Oct 14, 2015
A delicious cut of Independence layout, as seen from New Haven, Enugu.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:43am On Oct 14, 2015
Houston USA, sorry, this is Enugu cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:45am On Oct 14, 2015
A street in New Haven Enugu, and a distant view of Independence layout.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:52am On Oct 14, 2015
Nice pics Spyder!

Looks like someone in gov't has been on here and read our critique of New Haven boulevard.....it's looking marginally better now! I've even noticed a half-hearted attempt at planting some shrubs/trees in the median.....that could be done much better! The grass is cut nicely though!

I hope you all can see how those open gutters and a lack of proper elevated sidewalks takes away from the beauty of the street!

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 1:10am On Oct 14, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Nice pics Spyder!

Looks like someone in gov't has been on here and read our critique of New Haven boulevard.....it's looking marginally better now! I've even noticed a half-hearted attempt at planting some shrubs/trees in the median.....that could be done much better! The grass is cut nicely though!

I hope you all can see how those open gutters and a lack of proper elevated sidewalks takes away from the beauty of the street!

You are right bro.
I hope they do it properly and choose those type of trees on private property or even use palm trees. i hope they transform Chime ave. as the street that finally defines Enugu as a good green city.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Antivirus92(m): 7:13am On Oct 14, 2015
Bishop42:
I heard they are considering inviting the Russians into igboland without pissing off America.

Any Idea on how to invite the Russians without pissing off the West esp American republicans,Germany,France etc? Send me a mail
is Russia also having issues with Germany and France?
I thought it was only d us
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 14, 2015
Cjrane2:

You are right bro.
I hope they do it properly and choose those type of trees on private property or even use palm trees. i hope they transform Chime ave. as the street that finally defines Enugu as a good green city.

The second picture isn't enugu right?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 11:44am On Oct 14, 2015
willow0802:

The second picture isn't enugu right?

Its Abuja. They are just examples of how to use the right types of trees to transform Chime ave.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
spyder880:
I think it's the best thing to do.
I never liked the idea of a mall at that place
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
Cjrane2:

Its Abuja. They are just examples of how to use the right types of trees to transform Chime ave.

Okay..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (702) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.