Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,743 members, 7,813,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1781182 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
spyder880:

Sure, but what we are yet to be told, is if the proceed from this paid park is for Enugu state, or for private purse? cheesy

(sighs)
Imagine the revenue this would yield for the state...with proper accountability and transparency
I makwa mmadu one na eje Ogbete every day?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by investnow2013: 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
spyder880:

Sure, but what we are yet to be told, is if the proceed from this paid park is for Enugu state, or for private purse? cheesy
This park can generate a lot of employment & millions of money to Enugu state govt if is well managed!.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by izzyu(m): 7:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
spyder880:
Holy ghost cathedral

otito dili Jesu

i ga egbukwa mmadu grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
milychocs:
Good evening all
...please are Barth and Gil Nnaji related?
I am assuming so, but remember this is me cheesy
Thank you
They are not related. Barth Nnaji is an indigene of Umuode autonomous community in Nkanu east LGA while Senator Gilbert nnaji is from umuenwene Iji-Nike in Enugu east LGA. The surname Nnaji is very common in Nkanu land.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by izzyu(m): 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
Forzap:
What is enugu?never heard of it b4 oo

mental disorder. have you taken your durgs?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by reuben79: 8:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
Enugu?r dey hv active airport and seaport there?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Forzap: 8:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
izzyu:

mental disorder. have you taken your durgs?

Sum1 dey use my acct ooo,I never posted dat!!!as for u nah thunder go fire u
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 9:42am On Oct 16, 2015
Please permit me to share...

Ebonyi State Governor David Umahi (left) and his Borno
State counterpart, Alhaji Kasheem Shettima shortly before
the presentation of bags of Ebonyi rice by the Ebonyi
State Government to Borno's internally displaced persons
in Abuja on Wednesday.

EBONY RISING?

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 17, 2015
It looks like the new terminal will have 4 avio-bridges, according to this report; although it talks about the Kano terminal - which is the same size (28,000sq m) as that of Enugu's.
http://thenationonlineng.net/kano-airport-terminalll-take-10m-passengers-yearly/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Tashaamania(f): 1:53am On Oct 17, 2015
[quote author=CFCfan post=39062822][/quote]
Hi dear, how are you?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:05am On Oct 17, 2015
Tashaamania:

Hi dear, how are you?
I'm okay. My weekend is just starting..
You nko?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:09am On Oct 17, 2015
CFCfan:

You nko?

Happy weekend everyone, whatever you do in the next two days, make sure you enjoy yourselves thoroughly grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Tashaamania(f): 9:41am On Oct 17, 2015
CFCfan:

You nko?
Good to know you are okay.. I'm okay too. And family?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 17, 2015
Happy weekend, Oga spyder!

I think Coal city University has a new site at Emene, near the new bridge, Abakaliki road. I saw some beautiful houses being erected there.

Meanwhile, beggers and illegal kiosks and structures are flooding Enugu again. And Enugu is getting more and more congested, we may end up like Ph if the state of roads and road network is not urgently addressed. This Christmas is going to be more terrible then last year's. Areas like New market road, Nike road, this one is seriously killing business in that area and I think it's the worst in Enugu, big businesses like Nike lake resort is suffering severely, it's been marked for dualization but no action yet, other areas like Nowas, Ekulu Avenue, Artisan, Holy ghost, this one is as old as Enugu, lol grin , Kenyeta, Abakpa junction. I don't know about inside Abapka, I hardly go there but I think it's still the same sad story.

Eswama is still doing a great job, tho' street sweeping is still poor. I heard the vehicle that sweeps road works early in the morning before people wake. Eswama is also working in Nsukka and Udi, I dont know about Agbani. Their major challenge is that people aren't willing to pay the bills.

Street lights are maintianed tho' , and road maintenance is ongoing, but no State Road maintenance Agency yet. I like the idea of using cenment for inner small street Roads, someone suggested it some time ago. Its easier to execute and maintain, minimal skilled labourers. And residents of the streets can easily contribute little to maintain them. Streets residents come out on clean-up days to clear gutters and cut grasses, so I think they can come together for such road maintenance.

His Excellency, Hon. Ifeanyi, really has a lot of Facilities to maintain, a lot of uncompleted Project to work on, ICC, Secretariat, diagnostic centre, to some extent Centenary city, free trade zone, 'chima's property' is not yet back to the state, water project, many other things, at the same time people are looking up to him to start new projects, build more roads, work on rural areas, drive investments, rebuild schools, while we have oil sale going down and Enugu is now in Opposition. I really pity him and I hope he succeeds for the good of Enugu State.

spyder880:

Happy weekend everyone, whatever you do in the next two days, make sure you enjoy yourselves thoroughly grin

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 17, 2015
Has anyone watched ETv or listened to Sunrise Fm, recently? Chime's Administration did some improvement in Enugu State Broadcasting Service [ESBS]. A lot of young people injected into the system. And Etv is now on star times cable network.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2015
centje:
Has anyone watched ETv or listened to Sunrise Fm, recently? Chime's Administration did some improvement in Enugu State Broadcasting Service [ESBS]. A lot of young people injected into the system. And Etv is now on star times cable network.
He did a great job with the rebranding of ESBS. I now listen to radio more than bfore. It has also provided employment for the youth.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 17, 2015
Very true.

Kcinho:

He did a great job with the rebranding of ESBS. I now listen to radio more than bfore. It has also provided employment for the youth.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Lagusta(m): 11:10am On Oct 17, 2015
centje:

Very true.

Oga mi please a question

How much do corper docs earn in enugu state, ranging from federal, state to private/NGO clinics....

Thanks sir
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:27am On Oct 17, 2015
Lagusta:

Oga mi please a question

How much do corper docs earn in enugu state, ranging from federal, state to private/NGO clinics....

Thanks sir
State pays 54k

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 17, 2015
I will have to ask questions and get back to you. I know Enugu state pays corps members well, pays 10k per month, so i think medical pay will also be good compared to other states. How soon do you need the information?

Meanwhile, Ebonyi state pays well too, up to 150k

Lagusta:

Oga mi please a question

Thanks sir
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Lagusta(m): 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2015
centje:
I will have to ask questions and get back to you. I know Enugu state pays corps members well, pays 10k per month, so i think medical pay will also be good compared to other states. How soon do you need the information?

Meanwhile, Ebonyi state pays well too, up to 150k

Thank you sir....

We would be mobilized on Monday, and I picked enugu as third choice....

Just wanted to weigh my options...

Tanks again!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Lagusta(m): 12:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

State pays 54k

Haaa, that one small oooo!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:23pm On Oct 17, 2015
Lagusta:

Yes, while Enugu pays the other corpers comparatively well enough, she is one of the poorest payers for corps doctors
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2015
Oukay, in that case, you really don't have control on the posting cheesy the enquiry should have been before you made the choices. I will still get back to you tho'

Lagusta:

Thank you sir....

We would be mobilized on Monday, and I picked enugu as third choice....

Just wanted to weigh my options...

Tanks again!!!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 17, 2015
Seriously! sad

InyinyaAgbaOku:

Yes, while Enugu pays the other corpers comparatively well enough, she is one of the poorest payers for corps doctors
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2015
It's within 54-56k. So inyinya is right. Well, if you're posted here, it's still better than a lot of places, like Abj, Rivers, Imo, Cross River etc

Lagusta:

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stingman: 1:19pm On Oct 17, 2015
Spyder Nwoke Ike, God bless you, for all your good works. Please can you send update on what is happening at Network Estate Nike. Many thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lacosanostra: 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2015
The Enugu-Onitsha road is so bad that motorists including mass transits now take the alternate route through Udi and some other LGA I can't remember now, but u still have to join the express at the Anambra section. The Udi section of the road is quite nice, but other sections have got heavy potholes.
Are we rili saying the Enugu and Anambra Govts can't construct the roads with help from Igbo rich folks, especially those who are eager to donate to Boko Haram victims.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
Kcinho:

They are not related. Barth Nnaji is an indigene of Umuode autonomous community in Nkanu east LGA while Senator Gilbert nnaji is from umuenwene Iji-Nike in Enugu east LGA. The surname Nnaji is very common in Nkanu land.
In fact, I used to think Nnaji was limited to just Enugu until I got to know Genevieve Nnaji.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Annais(f): 2:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
milychocs:

Thank you nwanne mmadu
....@ your answer, shocked lipsrsealed
They are not brothers. Barth is from Nkanu but Gil is from Nike.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2015
centje:

Seriously! sad

Yes
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 6:04pm On Oct 17, 2015
centje:
Happy weekend, Oga spyder!

I think Coal city University has a new site at Emene, near the new bridge, Abakaliki road. I saw some beautiful houses being erected there.

Meanwhile, beggers and illegal kiosks and structures are flooding Enugu again. And Enugu is getting more and more congested, we may end up like Ph if the state of roads and road network is not urgently addressed. This Christmas is going to be more terrible then last year's. Areas like New market road, Nike road, this one is seriously killing business in that area and I think it's the worst in Enugu, big businesses like Nike lake resort is suffering severely, it's been marked for dualization but no action yet, other areas like Nowas, Ekulu Avenue, Artisan, Holy ghost, this one is as old as Enugu, lol grin , Kenyeta, Abakpa junction. I don't know about inside Abapka, I hardly go there but I think it's still the same sad story.

Eswama is still doing a great job, tho' street sweeping is still poor. I heard the vehicle that sweeps road works early in the morning before people wake. Eswama is also working in Nsukka and Udi, I dont know about Agbani. Their major challenge is that people aren't willing to pay the bills.

Street lights are maintianed tho' , and road maintenance is ongoing, but no State Road maintenance Agency yet. I like the idea of using cenment for inner small street Roads, someone suggested it some time ago. Its easier to execute and maintain, minimal skilled labourers. And residents of the streets can easily contribute little to maintain them. Streets residents come out on clean-up days to clear gutters and cut grasses, so I think they can come together for such road maintenance.

His Excellency, Hon. Ifeanyi, really has a lot of Facilities to maintain, a lot of uncompleted Project to work on, ICC, Secretariat, diagnostic centre, to some extent Centenary city, free trade zone, 'chima's property' is not yet back to the state, water project, many other things, at the same time people are looking up to him to start new projects, build more roads, work on rural areas, drive investments, rebuild schools, while we have oil sale going down and Enugu is now in Opposition. I really pity him and I hope he succeeds for the good of Enugu State.

I dont think being in opposition should be an issue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.