Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1785865 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mancanoe: 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2018
Summary Make your money elsewhere come to 042 for oringo.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2018
More Updates

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
On-going progress

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2018
shocked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
The Brand New city is taking shape

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2018
Its getting there steadily

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Handsomegod(m): 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2018
mancanoe:
If you planning to come to Enugu to do business better go to Lagos, Abuja, port Harcourt, kano, Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi, uyo, Asaba, mararaba in Nasarawa state and even Ibadan..... You are naturally going to grow faster than doing business in Enugu.
Oga we can see how you have been running amok on this thread trying hard to de-market a viable and progressive brand. Do you even listen to yourself or do you just rattle and rant just for the sake of it? Do you know the multiplier effect of a booming real estate sector in an economy and the chain economic value it creates in other sectors? According to you,our modern day Rasputin,Enugu is dead yet new busineses,plazas,malls,diaspora funding,counterpart funded projects,schools are springing up in the state. The local metal fabrication sub-sector is still powering as we speak,yet you have wasted 5 asinine spaces yapping trash. As you can see,the spirit and narrative on this thread is that Enugu represent the essence of a people who refused to remain down but took their destinies in their hands and have a created a jewel out of the ashes and rubble of a genocidal war barely 50 years ago. Not to talk of the systemic economic and political strangulation targeted at her and the entire Igboland by the ruling establishment post 1970. It is time to tell our story and change the narrative! Enugu development has gone beyond the valley as you erroneously stated in your tunnel vision and it is gradually spreading and swallowing the entire greater Nike and Nkanu lands. The creator of this thread is a man like you and he sustained it against such slurs like you to make it the most visited thread in this section.Such pathetic and defeatist stance as yours belong to the past.We have moved on. Finally,which business do you have in Enugu or did you open that folded? Business close in New York,Beijing and Vienna.It is all a question of economic forces.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2018
horsepower101:
Updates on Enugu Centenary City Progress; July 2018
Credit to Centenary City Website

Enugu is gradually growing its own Banana island. This is very impressive.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 1:11am On Aug 16, 2018
I love that they are planting trees along the roads. In time, it will transform the entire area and give it an Obodo oyibo look. Unlike typical Nigerian estates without any type of trees and flowers within them and they always look like Agadez or Jalalabad.

I love using these solid pipes as culverts too. Standard stuff!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2018

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2018
Enugu moves to complete abandoned multi-million naira international conference centre
tribuneonlineng.com Aug 17, 2018 6:13 PM
Enugu
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State
GOVERNOR Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has begun moves to complete the multi-million naira International Conference Centre, Enugu, abandoned 19 years ago.

To this end, the governor has directed the state’s Ministry of Works and Infrastructure to initiate and commence the evaluation of outstanding builder’s works and other contractual requirements for the completion of the Enugu International Conference Centre.

Briefing newsmen after the meeting of the State Executive Council, at the weekend, the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Greg Nnaji, who described the centre as “a legacy project”, disclosed that Governor Ugwuanyi’s administration was desirous to put in place mechanism to complete the edifice in view of its inherent socio-economic benefits to the people of the state.

Also at the briefing, the Commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Honourable Rita Mbah, informed newsmen that the state government has taken full possession of the Hotel Presidential, Enugu, and consequently approved the immediate renovation of the recreation section of the hotel, following the recent striking out of the court case against the government by an interested party.

Mbah explained that the renovation exercise will be carried out “in the premier garden, the swimming pool arena, wedding arena and the four tennis courts, among others, stressing that the present administration “is really poised to make sure that the hotel is brought back to a functional state.

The Culture and Tourism Commissioner also disclosed that the council approved the sum of N77 million for the upgrade and rehabilitation of water supply in Nike Lake Resort Hotel, Enugu, pointing out that the decision was in addition to other interventions earlier made by the government to improve the standard of the three-star hotel, such as the procurement and installation of 500KVA and 650KVA generators.

Hmm what do y'all think bout this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OMANBALA1: 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
A lot of beautiful pictures from Owerri and Enugu. At least, Rochas is getting something right. The beautification of Owerri is eye popping. The buildings are very beautiful and classy, the soil in Enugu is makes a lot of stains on the road and interlocking is a very bad idea.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
crediting Okorocha with the success and look of Owerri is like crediting Buhari with the success of Lagos. Owerri was beautiful before him and it was Ohakim and Mbakwe that prioritized that. Nobody can name anything Okorocha built in Owerri outside of statues, the city school (which it's self is ugly), and I believe a hospital on the outskirts. Everything else was laid out before

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 18, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
crediting Okorocha with the success and look of Owerri is like crediting Buhari with the success of Lagos. Owerri was beautiful before him and it was Ohakim and Mbakwe that prioritized that. Nobody can name anything Okorocha built in Owerri outside of statues, the city school (which it's self is ugly), and I believe a hospital on the outskirts. Everything else was laid out before

so it was Sam Mbakwe and Ohakim that opened up new Owerri? Believe it or not, Owerri has never been this beautiful in its history and all thanks to Okorocha and Imolites who did the beautification. You are hailing Ohakim that could not even rebuild IMO government house that was already a face me I face you house, I just pity u. As for Sam Mbakwe, his time has come and gone and under him, IMO state was never this developed and beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 2:41am On Aug 18, 2018
mancanoe:
Summary Make your money elsewhere come to 042 for oringo.

If we seriously look for small packaging firm or a small service business opportunity, you can also make it big in Enugu.

We have so much agricultural products to properly package from Smoked catfish, yam flour, cocoyam flour, frozen onugbu,Ugu, Egusi, Okra, frozen chicken, turkey, beef, fish. To setting up a a chicken, goat, pork or fish farm and package your products well to be sell-able in supermarkets.

Think of anything that can make cooking easier and shorten the time, think of how you can add value to any product including boiled palm kernels. Try it out and see how you can preserve it through refrigeration or make the sauce used for Ofe Akwu and see if you can package it and sell. The millionaires of the future are those ingenious enough to know how to make life easier and sell the service not necessarily the hardest working.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 3:06am On Aug 18, 2018
OyiboUgbo04:
Ugwuanyi moves to complete Enugu Int’l Conference Centre

http://easternreporter.com/2018/08/17/ugwuanyi-moves-to-complete-enugu-intl-conference-centre/

God will bless Gov Ugwuanyi and posterity will always remember him for completing this edifice.

It was so sad when i saw this edifice close up. Wow, all its previous roof had all fallen off. The glass was now dirty and the inside had tall grass like a forest! I wept for Enugu state.

I am glad Ugwuanyi has determined to tackle this project and complete it.

Hotel Presidential should be sold or leased for 50 years to a key hotel line such as Golden Tulip and the state's investment so far will be turned into equity which yields dividend for the state every year and included in state budget.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

so it was Sam Mbakwe and Ohakim that opened up new Owerri? Believe it or not, Owerri has never been this beautiful in its history and all thanks to Okorocha and Imolites who did the beautification. You are hailing Ohakim that could not even rebuild IMO government house that was already a face me I face you house, I just pity u. As for Sam Mbakwe, his time has come and gone and under him, IMO state was never this developed and beautiful.

SO OKOROCHA OPENED NEW OWERRI?! Abagworo, wow. When did you decide to become a liar?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DanielOc: 11:33pm On Aug 18, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

SO OKOROCHA OPENED NEW OWERRI?! Abagworo, wow. When did you decide to become a liar?

As much as I dislike rochas, I must say he has done more gud to imolites than harm..

Believe me
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 12:50am On Aug 19, 2018
DanielOc:

As much as I dislike rochas, I must say he has done more gud to imolites than harm..

Believe me

Give me examples. We're in a thread where someone who's clearly not from or in Imo is declaring that Rochas built New Owerri. I would like to hear your examples?

Do you know how much of the state Rochas has privatized among himself, his in-law, his wife and his kids? Sometimes I wonder if Africans prefer this
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DanielOc: 12:58am On Aug 19, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

Give me examples. We're in a thread where someone who's clearly not from or in Imo is declaring that Rochas built New Owerri. I would like to hear your examples?

Do you know how much of the state Rochas has privatized among himself, his in-law, his wife and his kids? Sometimes I wonder if Africans prefer this

I understand you bro...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 3:46am On Aug 19, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

This is TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY FALSE. Half of the roads in owerri was tarred by Okorocha. Okorocha practically tore down most of the government houses and built brand new ones. All you have to do is google before and after videos of owerri since Okorocha became governor.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 3:50am On Aug 19, 2018
OMANBALA1:
A lot of beautiful pictures from Owerri and Enugu. At least, Rochas is getting something right. The beautification of Owerri is eye popping. The buildings are very beautiful and classy, the soil in Enugu is makes a lot of stains on the road and interlocking is a very bad idea.

The soil in enugu makes a lot of stain because you guys don't do LANDSCAPING. If it was in a developed country, the soil will never be exposed. THEIR SOIL IS ALWAYS COVERED WITH LUSH GREEN GRASS.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 3:51am On Aug 19, 2018
Ofuzo:

The soil in enugu makes a lot of stain because you guys don't do LANDSCAPING. If it was in a developed country, the soil will never be exposed. THEIR SOIL IS ALWAYS COVERED WITH LUSH GREEN GRASS.

Word.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:45am On Aug 19, 2018
Me, playing football in Enugu....... grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:48am On Aug 19, 2018
Enugu. ......

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:54am On Aug 19, 2018
Justice statues near Enugu high courts........

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:55am On Aug 19, 2018
Another one near WAEC junction. ......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 19, 2018
OyiboUgbo04:
Ugwuanyi moves to complete Enugu Int’l Conference Centre

http://easternreporter.com/2018/08/17/ugwuanyi-moves-to-complete-enugu-intl-conference-centre/

This is really plausible and commendable.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by franco345(m): 9:12am On Aug 19, 2018
Peace Mass car Assembly plants Enugu

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by franco345(m): 9:19am On Aug 19, 2018
more

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by franco345(m): 9:22am On Aug 19, 2018
Peace Assembly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 19, 2018
DanielOc:

Believe me

don't mind that guy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.