Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1779463 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2018
Air Peace should be the national carrier, due to their size and reviews. I hope the airline can secure, say, $400 million in funding from some Naija billionaires and the capital market.
Moreover, it won’t be a bad thing if Enugu could be their hub; but the airport has to be further upgraded before that dream can become a reality.
I’m excited that they are planning to build an MRO in Enugu. If the plan materializes, a lot of aviation engineering professionals may move to Enugu, which would help in decongesting Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stevostical(m): 11:12pm On Sep 29, 2018
PDPGuy:
Air Peace should be the national carrier, due to their size and reviews. I hope the airline can secure, say, $400 million in funding from some Naija billionaires and the capital market.
Moreover, it won’t be a bad thing if Enugu could be their hub; but the airport has to be further upgraded before that dream can become a reality.
I’m excited that they are planning to build an MRO in Enugu. If the plan materializes, a lot of aviation engineering professionals may move to Enugu, which would help in decongesting Lagos.

Where did you get this info from cos i cant seem to find this online. It would however be a welcome development.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 9:06am On Oct 01, 2018
Air Peace to Commence Dubai/Sharjah Operations in November

Nigeria’s largest domestic operator, Air Peace has announced that it would commence operations to Dubai and Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates, UAE by November this year.

The airline which has acquired aircraft to operate the destination, said it would be its long-haul service before embarking on other international destinations.
This was disclosed by the Chairman of the airline, Allen Onyema in Lagos at the weekend.

According to him, Air Peace has been designated on long-haul flight to London, Houston, Mumbai, Dubai, Sharjah, Guangzhou-China and Johannesburg by the federal government.
Onyema, said the airline was expected to fly directly from Lagos-Paris, Lagos-Frankfurt, Lagos-Amsterdam , Milan, Abuja-Jeddah, Kano-Dubai, Enugu-London.

The Air Peace boss said the airline was ready to compete with international carriers with modern aircraft and efficient service and make Nigeria proud by giving Nigerian travellers what they yearn for, noting that Air Peace is an airline they can call their own with the best of services and pocket friendly airfares.

He promised to be consistent on the route, assuring that Air Peace will not fall by the wayside like other airlines that have entered the route but did not survive though might not be a fault of theirs.

Onyema emphasised that the airline is ready to fill the gap that government was worried about, saying that was the reason the airline acquired enough aircraft.

“We want to fill those gaps being occupied by international carriers coming to Nigeria, we want to represent this country proudly, Nigerians will be proud like Americans are proud of their indigenous airlines, flying the flag of America outside America proudly,” he said.

He explained that a formidable airline out of the Middle East is presently interlining and code sharing with Air Peace and currently integrating their system with the indigenous carrier.

“When we drop you in Dubai or Sharjah, another airline picks you from there; maybe, you are going to Malaysia, they are going to about 36 cities in India, so people will buy Air Peace ticket if you are going to Malaysia, India, some other Gulf States, Indonesia and others. You buy Air Peace ticket, check-in your luggage, you get your luggage in Singapore, we take you there, we have signed an interlining and code-share”.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/10/01/air-peace-to-commence-dubai-sharjah-operations-in-november/

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 9:27am On Oct 01, 2018
‘FG should play international aero-politics to help airlines’

The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Air Peace, Nigeria’s biggest domestic carrier, Mr. Allen Onyema, in this interview, aska the Federal Government to get deeply involved in international aero-politics to protect its airlines and welcomes the suspension of the national carrier project.

Considering the achievements of Air Peace in less than four years of operation, how will you describe the state of Nigerian airlines?

You have been told that the reason for certain things is because Nigerian airlines are not capable, that Nigerian airlines are weak; that domestic airlines can never ever get it right; that there are a lot of gaps in the system both on the domestic scene and the international level; that these airlines are heavily indebted and we will not be able to do anything. Nigerian domestic airlines have been demonized to the heels and this is very unfair. I want to tell you that those are lies. One airline has emerged that is very ready and supported within and outside this country to succeed. There are so many financial institutions all over the world wanting to do business with Air Peace and that is because they have seen serious integrity in this company.

ADVERTISEMENT

Part of our business plan was to establish integrity with the banks and we have done that 1000 per cent. The problem in Nigeria is that most people borrow money without any intention whatsoever to pay back. Air Peace is different. We borrowed money when we were floating this airline, some from Zenith, majority from Fidelity, they are my equities. We made sure we paid off our loans. We borrowed money to buy more than 10 aircraft from Fidelity. Fidelity told you how it was, that we honour our obligations to the letter. We have never been found wanting for one day.

But where did our airlines got it wrong?

Like I said, the aviation industry world-wide is contacting Air Peace, why won’t Nigeria for once say, ‘how can we get it right with this airline? It is not true all Nigerian airlines are weak. What these airlines need is the support of government to move forward. We are not asking government to give us money. It is the duty of banks to lend money to these companies. I won’t subscribe to asking government at any level to give airlines money, I will never subscribe to that. I will never want to use taxpayers’ money to run Air Peace or any airline for that matter.

So I am telling you that the Nigerian banks and financial institutions want to collaborate with this emerging star coming out of Nigeria to succeed. Why can’t we, as citizens of Nigeria and government of Nigeria, support this airline to represent this country very well?

I am not calling to be made a national carrier. Air Peace will never call to be made national carrier. We are already a flag carrier for this country, Med-View is a flag carrier for this country; Arik is a flag carrier for this country; Max Air is a flag carrier; Azman is a flag carrier, they have all gotten destinations to fly. What I am doing in all honesty, is calling on government, now that they have withdrawn the national carrier thing that has really affected our businesses, that they should support these airlines to succeed.

You believe suspending the national carrier project was a welcome decision?

The President Muhammadu Buhari regime has challenged Nigerian airlines by its suspension of Nigeria Air to rise to the occasion; to show that they have strength; that they can fill that gap which the government in the first place thought of by floating a national carrier which is a moribund idea.

So the government has truthfully challenged us. The rest is left for Nigerian airlines to live up to the expectations of this government which has done something most governments would never do by retracing its step. When they saw something was going wrong, it doesn’t mean that our president does not care about political correctness, he cares about the future wellbeing of the entire nation called Nigeria because many countries are leaving the national carrier thing and our president also decided to halt it.

So this government indirectly and inadvertently has challenged Nigerian airlines to start getting it right and I think they are all going to do that. All we need is for the government to help us fight international aero-politics, this is what is lacking here. The moment government starts helping us by taking charge of the aero-politics, Nigerian airlines would get it right.

Now that Nigeria Air has been suspended, what will it translate to?

I want to point out that Air Peace did not wait for national carrier to be suspended before getting it right. Air Peace’s growth with over 20 planes is not a sudden growth. It was planned. We had a business plan and we are following our business plan from inception till date. We never deviated from that. Part of the business plan is to make sure we establish integrity with the banks and we have done that 1000 per cent.

Now, whatever number of planes we bought, those things are in our business plan. We never laundered money, we never ploughed the money into real estate, whatever we are getting in aviation we are putting it back, that is why we are buying planes and the banks have seen the governance structure in Air Peace; they have seen the financial discipline.

If the banks are ready now to support us, it means that we are going out there to face the world on behalf of this country and we are going to succeed by God’s grace. So what we are asking the government now is to support us; nobody should demonize us. Support us to make sure we get it right. We are going to make this government very proud. We are going to make them not regret the decision they took to call off Nigeria Air whether indefinitely or suspension. Air Peace is going to block that gap and I am sure Med-View is coming out strong too and I am sure other airlines have now heaved a sigh of relief because of the fear of being run out. Businesses outside Nigeria started developing cold feet because of that. What President Buhari has done with that announcement was to restore confidence in the mind of the international community to start doing business with us again.

It is said that you have been allocated international destinations but you are not ready to commence operations?

It is true we were given six international destinations to fly. These are Johannesburg, South Africa; Guangzhou in China; London in UK; Dubai and Sharjah in UAE; Mumbai in India; Atlanta in US and Houston also in the US. Again, we have been given about 17 African countries especially in the West Coast to fly to. I learnt that we are being demonized for not being capable. You and I know that it is one thing for your government to give you the flag carrier status to fly to any country, and another thing for that country to also give you the permit to fly to there. What has happened? We started with the West Coast to use the West Coast region to mop up passengers and bring them here so that we can use Nigeria as a hub. Togo had the effrontery to write to us that they would not allow us. Meanwhile Asky Airline from Togo comes here about four times a day. It took Senegal almost two and half years to allow us in.

I support those countries, there is nothing wrong in that; their governments were trying to protect their own airlines. I now threatened to go to court, I was trying to file a case before Togo now wrote to us to apologize and eventually gave us permit. When we got there, there was no airport office and they slammed us with almost $10,000 as charges.

Air Peace has lost over a billion in six months flying the West Coast. When they presented this to me few days ago, I felt like crying. What we are making here, we are expending in the West Coast region because of their charges. Mind you, some of these airlines are receiving assistance from their governments; some of them are not even paying any tax. Air Peace, right from day one, started paying tax.

The kind of charges we have in our home country, they don’t have it in their countries and when we get there, they put their own which is five times over our own. How do you expect Nigerian airlines to succeed? People should hear our cries, Nigerian airlines are suffering, not because they can’t get it right.

We need to protect indigenous investments that are providing jobs for the teeming masses of this country, we need the government to help us do international aero-politics; it is not within our power to do that. You have given to me the right to fly, I have applied to all the countries and I am ready. I pray for the right support to succeed on the international scene so that Nigerians will begin to enjoy the right fare. Air Peace will make this country proud, that is our promise.

So what are your plans on the international scene?

On the international scene, Air Peace is going to fill those gaps that government is worried are not being filled, that was why we bought four 777s and ordered 10 Max aircraft. With those 737 Max, we don’t want Nigerians to be flying through London to get to Amsterdam. We don’t want Nigerians to fly through Ethiopia to get to Milan, we don’t want Nigerians to pay through their noses in order to get to Frankfurt. Air Peace decided to bring the state-of-the-art 777, brand new Max 737, the latest invention of Boeing in order to do these destinations direct from Nigeria.

We want to start flying Lagos to Paris direct with the Max. We want to deploy another Max from Lagos to Frankfurt; we want to deploy the Max from Lagos to Amsterdam; we want to deploy to Milan; Abuja to Jeddah; Kano to Dubai; Enugu to London and we will deploy our 777 from Lagos to London where majority of our people travel to and from.

So the 777s are meant for the London route, the US route because of its range, China because of its range too and cargo. In some days Johannesburg, because of the traffic there but most of the works like Mumbai and all that would be done by 737 Max which can take about 180 passengers.

But many people say Nigerian carriers have not been able to surpass the feats of the defunct national carrier, the Nigeria Airways, how true is this?

Don’t let anybody deceive you that Nigerian Airways did 1600 routes, it is a lie. All sorts of lies were peddled this period. Nigeria Airways never did 1,600 destinations. With how many planes? In all their years of operations, the maximum equipment they had was about 32 from 1962 till the time of liquidation. And people were singing Nigeria Airways as if it was a success.

Nigeria Airways was a monumental failure which we should not be proud of. This was an airline being heavily subsidized. It never made money of its own. They had budget for Nigeria Airways in the national budget and you said it was a success. Is that how to run business? They saved the country a whole lot by even liquidating it. What they should do is take care of those who worked there because I don’t support people losing their jobs.

If Nigeria Airways had about 30 aircraft in all their years of operations, Arik and Air Peace have surpassed that in few years. We are ready to compete with the best airlines in the world. Government should support us. All we ask now is for government to improve the local infrastructure. President Muhammadu Buhari, to the best of my knowledge wants us to succeed and everybody working for him should look at our president. That is why he gave us waiver on importation of aircraft and spares, that’s why we got waiver on VAT.

In terms of training of pilots, how far have you gone?

We are training a lot of people. We are training indigenous people to go into aviation. Air Peace has trained over 40 pilots in less than four years of operation. And my training and support to the industry cuts across the length and breadth of this country. We do not discriminate, not even against gender. I am an Ibo man from South-East part of the country, Anambra, I have trained over 17 northern pilots and the Yorubas. I believe we are all one nation.

Government wants to concession four airports, what is your advice on this?

I call for the concession of these airports to the indigenous people of Nigeria, not to outsiders because we have people who can afford them. If you concession to foreigners, there would be capital flight. Maybe 80 per cent of the money would go out of the country and we will remain impoverished. I support the Federal Government’s intention to concession these airports and it should be done very urgently. This is the first thing to be done if we want to grow this country.

What plan do you have to partner with airlines outside the country as you start international operations?

Part of the reason we have not deployed our 777s is because I don’t want to operate international route with one aircraft. Air Peace does not want point-to-point international operations. As I talk to you, a very formidable airline has signed up with Air Peace. They are integrating their system with Air Peace so that when Air Peace drops you at the destination, the airline which is one of the Gulf carriers, would pick you. When we drop you in Dubai or Sharjah, another airline picks you. If for instance you are going to Malaysia, they are going to about 36 cities in India.

Everywhere we are trying to go, we are trying to align with other international airlines. We are going to have the same partnership with other airlines in the US. This is why we are taking our time to do it so that when we hit the ground running by November this year, we would make this country.

[url] [https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-should-play-international-aero-politics-to-help-airlines.htmlurl]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bestview: 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2018
Nnewi has a far bigger economy than Enugu which is over 100yrs still yet Enugu is filled with slum, shanties and bad roads. What has your govs actually done than accumulating debt?

[s]
odogwu125:

Government must be part of development or else it results in disorder. Why is obiano not building nnewi? Do you know that all roads in Nsukka now have sidewalks?
[/s]
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bestview: 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2018
85℅ of Enugu state is still rural area. I think the successive govts in Enugu has failed in opening up the state so that development can spread out.

[s]
odogwu125:

But why? Maybe nnewi should work to emerge next governor. That was the case for Nsukka and Ngwa
[/s]
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bestview: 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2018
Nnewi has a far bigger economy than Enugu which is over 100yrs still yet Enugu is filled with slum, shanties and bad roads. What has your govs actually done than accumulating debt?

[s]
odogwu125:

Government must be part of development or else it results in disorder. Why is obiano not building nnewi? Do you know that all roads in Nsukka now have sidewalks?
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bestview: 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2018
Odogwu123, what's the plan of Enugu state in education? Enugu state is trailing northern states in education. This is not supposed to be.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by themonk(m): 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2018
bestview:
Odogwu123, what's the plan of Enugu state in education? Enugu state is trailing northern states in education. This is not supposed to be.
This is your seventh year on nairaland and you still argue rubbish to get online accolades. You need serious mental care.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bestview: 2:10pm On Oct 01, 2018
So your 7yr was used to watch me? It means you need serious mental analysis and rehabilitation. Na me fit una.

themonk:

This is your seventh year on nairaland and you still argue rubbish to get online accolades. You need serious mental care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by themonk(m): 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2018
bestview:
So your 7yr was used to watch me? It means you need serious mental analysis and rehabilitation. Na me fit una.

I randomly saw you making a beautiful thread opened years back a dick measuring contest between two states that were once one. This thread is about Enugu and not Nnedi or anambra, open your own thread and stop derailing the good work.

I'm sure you are not a kid, stop behaving like one.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bestview: 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2018
Keep crying. Lol

[s]
themonk:

I randomly saw you making a beautiful thread opened years back a dick measuring contest between two states that were once one. This thread is about Enugu and not Nnedi or anambra, open your own thread and stop derailing the good work.

I'm sure you are not a kid, stop behaving like one.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2018
ARROBA, it looks like Air Peace is the real deal.

The Chairman is smart in seeking inter line partners for the airline’s long-haul flights, which would result in a simpler booking process for passengers. With the inter line agreements in place, one can make a single booking, rather than separate bookings as was the case with Arik.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bestview: 5:45am On Oct 02, 2018
Illiterate wawa dunce. All the roads Sullivan did have all gone bad in just 6months. Go to Agbani road, Gariki, Abakpa, Emene, Achara layout, Awkunanaw, etc, those places looks like where pigs lives, all the roads have all gone bad terribly but you idiots will always come online to deceive anyone who have not been to your backward dungeon called Enugu.

Anambra uses worldclass contractors while Enugu state uses manual laborers with barrow and shovel, Enugu state roads last just 1-week, no wonder Enugu state is a backward dungeon. cheesy

[s]
odogwu125:

Obiano's roads last less than one month and always very ugky with poor finishing. Sullivan used arab contractors, Ugwuanyi uses RCC but anambra uses village contractors
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 03, 2018
bestview:
Illiterate wawa dunce. All the roads Sullivan did have all gone bad in just 6months. Go to Agbani road, Gariki, Abakpa, Emene, Achara layout, Awkunanaw, etc, those places looks like where pigs lives, all the roads have all gone bad terribly but you idiots will always come online to deceive anyone who have not been to your backward dungeon called Enugu.

Anambra uses worldclass contractors while Enugu state uses manual laborers with barrow and shovel, Enugu state roads last just 1-week, no wonder Enugu state is a backward dungeon. cheesy

[s][/s]

I believe there's an Anambra thread, why don't you go there and masturbate on your claimed supremacy and leave Enugu thread.
What business does an Anambra man that has the most billionaires in Africa have with poor backward Enugu.
What business does billionaires have with paupers.

It beats me how childish grown men can .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 4:41pm On Oct 03, 2018
Rgade:

I believe there's an Anambra thread, why don't you go there and masturbate on your claimed supremacy and leave Enugu thread.
What business does an Anambra man that has the most billionaires in Africa have with poor backward Enugu.
What business does billionaires have with paupers.

It beats me how childish grown men can .

Don't feed a troll, ignore and it will go away

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 10:23am On Oct 04, 2018
Ndi Enugu, Gburugburu has been under heavy criticism by Enugu Twitter since yesterday.

They're claiming that Gburugburu has abandoned Enugu City. No streetlight, no traffic light, potholes everywhere, signboards everywhere, he's only focused on land grabbing, etc.

Biko how bad is it now?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 10:29am On Oct 04, 2018
PDPGuy:

I don't know who's the real owner/s of Air peace are.

I remember how they shook the Aero world when it was announced that they've signed over $1 bn deal to buy brand new airplanes from Boeing.

Foreign Aero journalists and analysts were tweeting how an unknown company signed such a mega deal.

Please what's MRO?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 10:47am On Oct 04, 2018
signz:
Ndi Enugu, Gburugburu has been under heavy criticism by Enugu Twitter since yesterday.

They're claiming that Gburugburu has abandoned Enugu City. No streetlight, no traffic light, potholes everywhere, signboards everywhere, he's only focused on land grabbing, etc.

Biko how bad is it now?

It's election season, what were you expecting?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Xander85: 10:52am On Oct 04, 2018
signz:

I remember how they shook the Aero world when it was announced that they've signed over $1 bn deal to buy brand new airplanes from Boeing.

Foreign Aero journalists and analysts were tweeting how an unknown company signed such a mega deal.

Please what's MRO?

Should be a maintenance unit where planes go for check-up or repair.

He's said it countless number of times that HE is the owner. I don't know why some still find it hard to believe!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 10:55am On Oct 04, 2018
signz:

Biko how bad is it now?

Gburugburu has tried for Enugu despite the poor financial position.

I have seen for myself that he didn't drop the ball on Enugu. The roads are still maintained and swept, civil servants are being paid, he is making it easier to start a business in Enugu, vamping up IGR and most importantly he refused the indefinite closure of AII Airport, Enugu until there was a definite plan for a few weeks closure and what must be done between the window of closure so that the airport is re-opened on schedule.

Those people attacking him are like Kenneth Okonkwo that sold their soul to the devil and want to come into Lion House and start embezzling state funds.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 11:05am On Oct 04, 2018
signz:

Please what's MRO?

MRO stands for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul. It’s basically a mechanical workshop for planes.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2018
Cjrane2:

Gburugburu has tried for Enugu despite the poor financial position.

I have seen for myself that he didn't drop the ball on Enugu. The roads are still maintained and swept, civil servants are being paid, he is making it easier to start a business in Enugu, vamping up IGR and most importantly he refused the indefinite closure of AII Airport, Enugu until there was a definite plan for a few weeks closure and what must be done between the window of closure so that the airport is re-opened on schedule.

Those people attacking him are like Kenneth Okonkwo that sold their soul to the devil and want to come into Lion House and start embezzling state funds.

I can't rate gburu in other aspects but when it comes to road maintanace, he has done horribly

Potholes are appearing everywhere in our roads, even major roads at independence layout have many potholes, I hardly see him maintaining any road unlike Sullivan period

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OpenYourEyes1: 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2018
For those who are interested, here are some projects we sre currently working on:

- Development of Nsibidi writing. And the Translation of Science, Art and important academic books into Nsibidi.

- Building a Virtual Biafra on Blockchain. Blockchain is a decentralized database or platform which Bitcoin Cryptocurency is built on. It is like Apps running on Android Operating System— the apps are Cryptocurencies while the Operating system is Blockchain but decentralized.
The virtual Biafra will be equipped with virtual infrastructures, will have Insurances, sustainable welfare schemes, Healthcare, Academic institutions, Industries, Research institutions, Citizens info/identities, Biometric authentication,etc. They will run on Ethereum-like Blockchain as DApp(Decentralized Applications).
These things will be automated, meaning they will run on their own, and supervised by users. This does help prevent corruption and administrative beaureocracy.

- Creation of Biafra Cryptocurency. As some of you may know, Blockchain and Cryptocurency are censorship resistant, unhackable, transparent, private/anonymous etc. An independent Nation need a currency for business and trade.

The good thing about this Virtual Nation on Blockchain is that nothing ever gets lost... Data on Blockchain is immutable. Imagine if Southeast is attacked, we can easily move anywhere we want to and continue from where we stopped. All our money, virtual properties will remain intact due to the decentralized nature of Blockchain.
Some of my colleagues even suggested building a "Floating Nation" we can call Biafra on International Water.

I think the entire Project may be funded via ICO(Initial Coin Offering)... am not very sure yet. Normally, a poorly developed proposal hardly get funded or doesn't meet its hardcap. So we want to take our time to prepare something meaningful before the ICO . This could take us a year+ .

We are considering training the best minds from Biafraland for this project.

Blockchain is the future. No government can stop it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 4:47pm On Oct 06, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:
For those who are interested, here are some projects we sre currently working on:

- Development of Nsibidi writing. And the Translation of Science, Art and important academic books into Nsibidi.

- Building a Virtual Biafra on Blockchain. Blockchain is a decentralized database of platform which Bitcoin Cryptocurency is built on. It is like Apps running on Android Operating System— the apps are Cryptocurencies while the Operating system is Blockchain but decentralized.
The virtual Biafra will be equipped with virtual infrastructures, will have Insurances, sustainable welfare schemes, Healthcare, Academic institutions, Industries, Research institutions, Citizens info/identities, Biometric authentication,etc. They will run on Ethereum-like Blockchain as DApp(Decentralized Applications).
These things will be automated, meaning they will run on their own, and supervised by users. This does help prevent corruption and administrative beaureocracy.

- Creation of Biafra Cryptocurency. As some of you may know, Blockchain and Cryptocurency are censorship resistant, unhackable, transparent, private/anonymous etc. An independent Nation need a currency for business and trade.

The good thing about this Virtual Nation on Blockchain is that nothing every get lost... Data on Blockchain is immutable. Imagine if Southeast is attacked, we can easily move anywhere we want to and continue from where we stopped. All our money, virtual properties will remain intact due to the decentralized nature of Blockchain.
Some of my colleagues even suggested building a "Floating Nation" we can call Biafra on International Water.

I think the entire Project may be funded via ICO(Initial Coin Offering)... am not very sure yet. Normally, a poorly developed proposal hardly get funded or doesn't meet its hardcap. So we want to take our time to prepare something meaningful before the ICO . This could take us a year+ .

Does your startup have a name?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OpenYourEyes1: 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2018
horsepower101:

Does your startup have a name?
Just Biafra! The currency is Biafracoin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2018
slimthugchimee2:

I can't rate gburu in other aspects but when it comes to road maintanace, he has done horribly

Potholes are appearing everywhere in our roads, even major roads at independence layout have many potholes, I hardly see him maintaining any road unlike Sullivan period
Sullivan was mayor of Enugu city. Gburugburu is governor of Enugu state

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 07, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:

- Building a Virtual Biafra on Blockchain. Blockchain is a decentralized database or platform which Bitcoin Cryptocurency is built on. It is like Apps running on Android Operating System— the apps are Cryptocurencies while the Operating system is Blockchain but decentralized.

The good thing about this Virtual Nation on Blockchain is that nothing ever gets lost... Data on Blockchain is immutable. Imagine if Southeast is attacked, we can easily move anywhere we want to and continue from where we stopped. All our money, virtual properties will remain intact due to the decentralized nature of Blockchain.

You're a joker
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 10:26am On Oct 07, 2018
basilo101:

Sullivan was mayor of Enugu city. Gburugburu is governor of Enugu state
kindly elaborate further

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: christejames(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.