Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:28 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1842075 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2018
mancanoe:
If you planning to come to Enugu to do business better go to Lagos, Abuja, port Harcourt, kano, Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi, uyo, Asaba, mararaba in Nasarawa state and even Ibadan..... You are naturally going to grow faster than doing business in Enugu.
In zoro's voice "if money comes coal city is where I am gonna invest"

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by swarshC: 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2018
any update on the nenwe /nomeh road?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
swarshC:
any update on the nenwe /nomeh road?

Project stopped, I don't know if it's because of the rains or lack of funds.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by knowledgeable: 1:35pm On Sep 03, 2018
SoNature:

Uncle, rest! You don't know Enugu more than I do because a bum nwa afo. I was born, 'bread' and buttered in 042 until I moved to Lagos to stay with the cousin I talked about for a while.

I am not here to tell u my history, but my point is that government should regulate how we do property valuation in Nigeria because Nigeria may get to a point where the cost of living will be so high that everyone will start going into crime to survive.

Keep in mind that I never posted that thing to belittle Enugu...nah. I like Enugu more than Lagos, but a man has to make money that's why I am here....just like Flavour, Phyno, etc.

Let me tell you the truth u don't know. My bro has a friend who rented a flat there, paying a crazy rent as usual.

Guess what, he's a G-Guy!

Truly, that's what a sizeable number of people do there, while some aren't based in Enugu.

Gini ka I na aru I ga-eji ego 1 plot N30 Million?

I go chazie ani I ga-eji mgbirimgba gi ruo uno? angry

I bu onye oshi?

Ka mpa gi ana akpu ego na CBN?

Bro, you are dumboo..let me school you just a little bit. Igbos are among the most dynamic groups in Africa. In Nigeria, they are leading in importation, commerce & indigenous industries, car manufacturing, sports, entertainment, education etc. Igbos have the most viable diasporan population. FX inflows into Nigeria economy reached to 35 billion dollars anually in I believe 2015, and Igbos represent quite a significant % of that. UN studies broke down the various sectors of the economy where these inflows go. Education comes first followed by real estate.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
I believe Air Peace could use the land that ENSG is offering the Nigerian Army, to build their maintenance base. After all, the land will be big enough to house the entire Air Peace fleet.

Also, Air Peace should be the other Nigerian competitor to Nigeria Air, when it comes to international flights. Enugu will be a good hub for Air Peace for their Johannesburg, China, and Houston flights.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:18am On Sep 04, 2018
PDPGuy:
I believe Air Peace could use the land that ENSG is offering the Nigerian Army, to build their maintenance base. After all, the land will be big enough to house the entire Air Peace fleet.

Also, Air Peace should be the other Nigerian competitor to Nigeria Air, when it comes to international flights. Enugu will be a good hub for Air Peace for their Johannesburg, China, and Houston flights.

Where is the location of the land they're offering to the army at?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 7:27am On Sep 04, 2018
spyder880:

Where is the location of the land they're offering to the army at?
It hasn’t been specified, yet, by the state government.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2018
Love me some 042!

Credit - nefgik

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 08, 2018
Wouldn't you love to take a bite?

Yummy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 08, 2018
Just dial 042 !

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2018
Can't get enough!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2018
Big ups nefgik

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IgboAmakaa(f): 3:35pm On Sep 08, 2018
WHAT ARE DEY BUILDING HERE

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
IgboAmakaa:
WHAT ARE DEY BUILDING HERE

It's a ptf project in UNN.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 5:08am On Sep 10, 2018
To rest this issue that Enugu does not have any flyovers, i will post the multiple flyovers connecting different parts of the city here.

The only thing i am begging Enugu state government to do is to beautify ALL flyovers, tunnels and Naira Triangle in Enugu the way Anambra beautified Upper Iweka and Inosi Onira roundabout.

Please expel miscreants from these flyovers and plant trees and flowers in the ramp of all of them!

Look at Gariki flyover, Ugwuaji flyover or Agbani road flyover, they all have all sorts of illegal structures within the ramp housing all sorts of miscreants and criminals. These types of things should not be condoned by government and should be cleared and beautified for benefit of the state.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 5:11am On Sep 10, 2018
Perhaps why people don't know about these flyovers and tunnels is that they are not beautified as they should to showcase the city.

I am appealing to Enugu state government to beautify ALL flyovers, tunnels and Naira Triangle in Enugu the way Anambra beautified Upper Iweka and Inosi Onira roundabout.

Please expel miscreants from these flyovers and plant trees and flowers in the ramp of all of them!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 5:12am On Sep 10, 2018
Other tunnels in the city;

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 5:27am On Sep 10, 2018
Major roundabout: Naira Triangle.

Naira triangle should not just be left bare. It should have been developed into a great public park resembling the Port Harcourt Pleasure park or the pictures below of parks surrounded by roads as a major tourist attraction in Enugu. Where residents and tourists can come hang out in a serene environment in the middle of the city.

The park will generate revenue for the state as a token should be paid to enter the park or to park your car within the park through approved gates. The businesses licensed to operate within the park will pay taxes to the state government which will also generate revenue for the state.

Little walk-ways should be built around the park so that people who like to jog can go there and jog or walk round as many times as they like.
A small section is built for those who want to watch live entertainment and a little section reserved for children playground.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 10, 2018
Cjrane2:
Major roundabout: Naira Triangle.

Naira triangle should not just be left bare. It should have been developed into a great public park resembling the Port Harcourt Pleasure park or the pictures below of parks surrounded by roads as a major tourist attraction in Enugu. Where residents and tourists can come hang out in a serene environment in the middle of the city.

The park will generate revenue for the state as a token should be paid to enter the park or to park your car within the park through approved gates. The businesses licensed to operate within the park will pay taxes to the state government which will also generate revenue for the state.

Little walk-ways should be built around the park so that people who like to jog can go there and jog or walk round as many times as they like.
A small section is built for those who want to watch live entertainment and a little section reserved for children playground.

Without mincing words, I would pick the indefatigable workaholic grin naija standard,

Wike has been tremendously exceptional in this regard,
You need to see the quintessential job amaranth creations Ltd and rivers state signage and advertising agency risaa is doing.

All major intersections, interchanges and roundabout have been transformed,

The pleasure Park is still there for all to see. It is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 2:24am On Sep 11, 2018
knowledgeable:

Bro, you are dumboo..let me school you just a little bit. Igbos are among the most dynamic groups in Africa. In Nigeria, they are leading in importation, commerce & indigenous industries, car manufacturing, sports, entertainment, education etc. Igbos have the most viable diasporan population. FX inflows into Nigeria economy reached to 35 billion dollars anually in I believe 2015, and Igbos represent quite a significant % of that. UN studies broke down the various sectors of the economy where these inflows go. Education comes first followed by real estate.

You might be right about the igbos, but igbo cities are shitholes. For igbos to join the comity of advanced civilisations, their cities have to look like Houston, Amsterdam, Geneva, Melbourne. It's not just enough to be dynamic and enterprising.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 9:50pm On Sep 16, 2018
ckenneths:
Enugu state government has engaged the services of street sweepers who sweep the roads every morning. ...........

This is a great legacy of Gburugburu! Streets of Enugu gradually getting cleaner and adorned with trees and flowers.

Looking at the recent pictures of IPOB sit at home strike, one could notice that only Enugu streets looked decent!
Even streets in Port-Harcourt also looked like a dungeon

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 12:08pm On Sep 20, 2018
Restaurants in Enugu where you can enjoy nicely prepared local dishes.

Top five Awesome Place for food in Enugu.

http://outravelandtour.com/top-five-awesome-place-for-food-in-enugu/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by whirlwind7(m): 7:14am On Sep 21, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
Big ups nefgik

Bro, what is NEFGIK?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 1:37am On Sep 22, 2018
This is a former major erosion site which nature itself was able to arrest.

I fear people of this generation who don't care about the environment and the importance of tree planting and not blocking natural waterways to try and build in lands like this. They will re-ignite the erosion and it will not just ultimately swallow their house, it will also severe the road and many more areas around. The money to stop such erosion will be clearly beyond the means of the government. That is why i would advocate that we leave sites like this alone because we don't have the culture to mitigate erosion and we lack capacity to handle it if it starts.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 4:05am On Sep 24, 2018
I think it is a crime the this conference center was abandoned to gradually disintegrate completely.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2018

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OpenYourEyes1: 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
Anyone here knowledgeable in Nsibidi.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by hammer6F: 6:04pm On Sep 28, 2018
The rate at which Igbo men beat their wife is alarming.

Even more alarming is the rate at which they kill their wife.

The only thing i care about is that all Igbo men will be tag with that standard as wife beater or killer.

Pleas umunne m, let us do something to educate Igbo men that it is better to leave the marriage than end up killing a woman that was handed to you in good faith by her family. She is someone sister, daughter, aunty first before your wife.

If they did not take care of her, u will not see her and like to marry her.

Some of us are complaining that Igbo women marry foreign men more than any other women from other tribe.

Based on media reporting, i am starting to see that some of our igbo men are idiots.

Lion in the house, is the greatest cowardice.

Let us discuss ways to put a stop to this and the appropriate punishment for offenders. I am really disgusted.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2018/9/after-19-days-of-marriage-your-husband-beat-you-to-death-with-with-a-baby-in-your-womb-lady-mourns-the-death-of-her-best-friend.html

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OpenYourEyes1: 9:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
hammer6F:
The rate at which Igbo men beat their wife is alarming.

Even more alarming is the rate at which they kill their wife.

The only thing i care about is that all Igbo men will be tag with that standard as wife beater or killer.

Pleas umunne m, let us do something to educate Igbo men that it is better to leave the marriage than end up killing a woman that was handed to you in good faith by her family. She is someone sister, daughter, aunty first before your wife.

If they did not take care of her, u will not see her and like to marry her.

Some of us are complaining that Igbo women marry foreign men more than any other women from other tribe.

Based on media reporting, i am starting to see that some of our igbo men are idiots.

Lion in the house, is the greatest cowardice.

Let us discuss ways to put a stop to this and the appropriate punishment for offenders. I am really disgusted.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2018/9/after-19-days-of-marriage-your-husband-beat-you-to-death-with-with-a-baby-in-your-womb-lady-mourns-the-death-of-her-best-friend.html

It has nothing to do with tribe. It's issue of lawlessness. Nigeria don't enforce rules. We don't want to protest lawlessness.

Nigeria police tolerates this things IMO. They don't ruthlessly deal with abuse. They will tell you it's civil case or family matter. We need to wake up.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by hammer6F: 9:32pm On Sep 28, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:

It has nothing to do with tribe. It's issue of lawlessness. Nigeria don't enforce rules. We don't want to protest lawlessness.

Nigeria police tolerates this things IMO. They don't ruthlessly deal with abuse. They will tell you it's civil case or family matter. We need to wake up.

This case is about an Imo State couple today.

This one happened in June this year.

https://www.nairaland.com/4569414/graphic-nigerian-man-allegedly-kills

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2018
whirlwind7:

Bro, what is NEFGIK?

Pardon me for the late reply,

The pictures are intellectual property, and rights reserved exclusively for its ownership belongs to nefgik,you dig bro,

Like a mean racket, we got to serve dem balls of gratitude to the right quarters.

Green is life!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (714) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.