Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1786340 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omicron(m): 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2018
sonature1:

Bikonu, I think we need to start correcting some things
That's a ditch not a gutter
A gutter is that thing we normally construct with zinc sheet on the edge of our roof to channel rain water into our plastic tanks
I hope this helps grin

https://www.google.com/search?q=gutter&hl=en-US&tbm=isch&oq=gutter&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.3..0l5.178780.183485.1.184555.10.5.3.2.2.0.596.1503.1j0j2j1j0j1.5.0....0...1c.1.34.mobile-heirloom-serp..4.24.3388.oOkcC3ADLLk

https://www.google.com/search?q=drainage+ditches&hl=en-US&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5yKKv2LfeAhWLKMAKHYkyAtkQ_AUIBigB
Well, the ditch by the road side is still called a gutter. Ditch and gutter are synonyms when it comes to the channel created beside a road for drainage purposes, gutter being a more specific word for that. The channel usually found on the roof, used to collect rain water is also called a gutter. In summary, nobody is wrong for calling "gutter" gutter.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by sonature1: 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2018
omicron:
Well, the ditch by the road side is still called a gutter. Ditch and gutter are synonyms when it comes to the channel created beside a road for drainage prposes, gutter being a more specific word for that. The channel usually found on the roof, used to collect rain water is also called a gutter. In summary, nobody is wrong for calling "gutter" gutter.

Show me some proof, sir grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ib4real95(m): 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2018
Enugu is such a beautiful state. I just left enugu this month after completing my service year.. I never wanted to leave but i had to come back to lagos to source for jobs. I wouldn't mind going back to enugu if i get a job over there. Peaceful state with serene environments and good roads.
If there's anyone that can connect me to any job in enugu please kindly pm me..thanks.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:34am On Nov 08, 2018
We should start afresh.

I was wondering if we could team up and buy very large inexpensive land and turn it into a city with its own rules and regulations. I don't care where the land is located as long as it isn't a desert.

I am thinking of creating artificial Lake/River to serve the city if non exists.

The law enforcement people should be well-paid, professionally trained local vigilante. I just cannot stand the dysfunctional Nigeria police.

Any community could donate land for this project. And of course we need to be extremely transparent and accountable with this to avoid misunderstanding.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:55am On Nov 08, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:
We should start afresh.

I was wondering if we could team up and buy very large inexpensive land and turn it into a city with its own rules and regulations. I don't care where the land is located as long as it isn't a desert.

I am thinking of creating artificial Lake/River to serve the city if non exists.

The law enforcement people should be well-paid, professionally trained local vigilante. I just cannot stand the dysfunctional Nigeria police.

Any community could donate land for this project. And of course we need to be extremely transparent and accountable with this to avoid misunderstanding.

To be honest, what you just wrote here makes no sense, like at all

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Iykextian(m): 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
sonature1:

Show me some proof, sir grin
1. Gutter: long curved channel made of metal or plastic that is fixed under the edge of a roof to carry away the water when it rains.
2. a channel at the edge of a road where water collects and is carried away to Drains.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TEDHorsePower: 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2018
Lol..it is still paining this mofo.

Anambra is a monolithic state.

Enugu state is constitute of the most dilapidated disjointed backward timid scattered disorganized hamlets.

Anambra has nothing in common with useless hopeless and backward Enugu state people.

[s]
basilo101:

Fake and fraudulent omanbala monolithic state is made of the the most disjointed and disorganized villages
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TEDHorsePower: 12:39pm On Nov 11, 2018
Enugu state is constitute of the most backward disjointed disorganised villages with no water, no school, no road, no hospital. We need to tell our gov to sit up or be voted out. Look at the condition of schools in Enugu state

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by sonature1: 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2018
TEDHorsePower:
Enugu state is the most backward disjointed disorganised villages with no water, no school, no road, no hospital. We need to tell our gov to sit up or be voted out. Look at the condition of schools in Enugu state

I am glad that Gov Ugwuanyi is focusing on rural communities

If we continue to neglect them, everyone will be forced to move to urban centres

And this results in overpopulation and increase of crime rates

The truth is that development is a process. With time, all rural communities will feel the impact of government

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TEDHorsePower: 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2018
sonature1:

If we continue to neglect them, everyone will be forced to move to urban centres

The truth is that development is a process. With time, all rural communities will feel the impact of government

Enugu state is filled with disjointed, dilapidated backward villages with no water, no road, school, no hospital etc, look at this first hand visit below. I don't know that there is still anywhere like this in the east.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 3:05am On Nov 12, 2018
visit www.igbo-unity.com to continue the conversation.

cc; Spyder880
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 9:08am On Nov 12, 2018
visit www.igbo-unity.com to continue the conversation.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2018
Join the conversation at

www.igbo-unity.com

Welcome home.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Asshurbanipal: 1:52pm On Nov 26, 2018
Oga spyder. Did they cancel the marathon?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Asshurbanipal: 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2018
sonature1:

And while doing that enugu is still maintaining its lead as the first class elite city. Even if it will hurt the rural areas its not too much of a sacrifice to make. The rural areas will gradually come up but the city is a topmost priority since its the government cash cow. This why enugu revenue will remain unbeatable
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OyiboUgbo04: 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2018

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Asshurbanipal: 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2018
OyiboUgbo04:
We transmit 25,000m3 of water daily to Enugu metropolis, says Corporation

http://easternreporter.com/2018/12/01/we-transmit-25000m3-of-water-daily-to-enugu-metropolis-says-corporation/
Enugu is among few states in Nigeria with functional public water
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:15pm On Dec 01, 2018
OyiboUgbo04:
We transmit 25,000m3 of water daily to Enugu metropolis, says Corporation

http://easternreporter.com/2018/12/01/we-transmit-25000m3-of-water-daily-to-enugu-metropolis-says-corporation/

And I not denying this

here in ogui, the tap runs at least 5 days per week, for 8-9hrs, and these taps were the taps put per house by Sullivan
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Asshurbanipal: 9:24pm On Dec 01, 2018
slimthugchimee2:

And I not denying this

here in ogui, the tap runs at least 5 days per week, for 8-9hrs, and these taps were the taps put per house by Sullivan
Enugu has a solid long term development goal that works irrespective of who the governor is

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXrap: 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2018
Asshurbanipal:

Enugu is among few states in Nigeria with functional public water

Basilo101 has landed with another handle to continue his propaganda cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OctopusTaxi: 11:40pm On Dec 01, 2018
[b]Good Evening House. As a bonafide NwaEnugu and a lover of the immerse development Enugu state has witnessed over the last 13 years especially during the governorship of Barr. Sullivan Chime aka “The English Man”. I have been a consistent follower of this amazing page that seeks to highlight the beauty of our beloved state nicknamed 042 for over 5 years. And to prove this, I have commented on so many occasions, giving kudos to the man who started all these Spyder880. But for the benefit of anonymity, I would have revealed my other moniker.
Long story short, God has continuously blessed us and we recently received the backing of one of the major transport companies that operate from Enugu state to develop a Taxi Ordering platform like UBER to support the immerse growth that 042 is witnessing.
Therefore permit me House to introduce to you all. The largest, safest and low-cost taxi/ride ordering platform in Enugu for intra city rides and charter services outside of Enugu state. This means that you do not have to experience the hassle and exorbitant fee from taxis anymore and you do not need to go to the rank to order for a ride. You do so from the comfort of your home/office or just as you take off from your location, schedule a taxi ride from Akanu Ibiam international airport and as you land, we will be waiting to pick you up. Our drivers are courteous and trained.
To further support what Mr Spyder880 is doing in bringing Enugu state to the world, we would want to offer him a N5,000 monthly fuel top-up to continue to showcase our beloved state to the globe and to prove that 042 is not just a dial code. Mr Spyder880 please get in touch!
Download our app on google playstore, and please LIKE & FOLLOW our social media pages ( Facebook, `Instagram and Twitter)
www.facebook.com/OctopusTaxi
www.instagram.com/OctopusTaxi[/b]

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:25pm On Dec 02, 2018
OctopusTaxi:
[b]Good Evening House. As a bonafide NwaEnugu and a lover of the immerse development Enugu state has witnessed over the last 13 years especially during the governorship of Barr. Sullivan Chime aka “The English Man”. I have been a consistent follower of this amazing page that seeks to highlight the beauty of our beloved state nicknamed 042 for over 5 years. And to prove this, I have commented on so many occasions, giving kudos to the man who started all these Spyder880. But for the benefit of anonymity, I would have revealed my other moniker.
Long story short, God has continuously blessed us and we recently received the backing of one of the major transport companies that operate from Enugu state to develop a Taxi Ordering platform like UBER to support the immerse growth that 042 is witnessing.
Therefore permit me House to introduce to you all. The largest, safest and low-cost taxi/ride ordering platform in Enugu for intra city rides and charter services outside of Enugu state. This means that you do not have to experience the hassle and exorbitant fee from taxis anymore and you do not need to go to the rank to order for a ride. You do so from the comfort of your home/office or just as you take off from your location, schedule a taxi ride from Akanu Ibiam international airport and as you land, we will be waiting to pick you up. Our drivers are courteous and trained.
To further support what Mr Spyder880 is doing in bringing Enugu state to the world, we would want to offer him a N5,000 monthly fuel top-up to continue to showcase our beloved state to the globe and to prove that 042 is not just a dial code. Mr Spyder880 please get in touch!
Download our app on google playstore, and please LIKE & FOLLOW our social media pages ( Facebook, `Instagram and Twitter)
www.facebook.com/OctopusTaxi
www.instagram.com/OctopusTaxi[/b]

Thank you Bro, you can reach me on 080 333 50 750. Lets talk so I can know what the package entails. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OctopusTaxi: 9:33pm On Dec 02, 2018
spyder880:

Thank you Bro, you can reach me on 080 333 50 750. Lets talk so I can know what the package entails. Thanks.

We will be in touch tomorrow, but I can assure you that the gesture is just a little token as a start-up taxi/ride ordering platform to you and we would want to work with you in promoting Enugu state the more through visiting more places and taking fabulous pictures of such places as you have been doing in the past.

Also as a taxi/ride ordering platform, we can also sponsor trips by providing the transport logistics around tourist destinations within Enugu to help promote our brand and also the state. We wish we had more to give, but hopefully having you onboard will create the sort of partnership we had in mind when we began this journey.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: melodyogonna(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.