Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,958 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1782728 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
Random Pictures from the Coal City

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
More.............................

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
Finally

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
Rgade:

To be washed away in 3 weeks.
Ugwuanyi oo

How many roads have been washed away in the last 5 years?

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2020
Digitron:

T junction-amorji Nike- Emene road.
Milliken hill.
Pedestrian Bridges collapsing while still under construction.
Etc

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
Rgade:

Milliken hill.
Etc

You could only name two failed projects out of many completed project.

The number of failed projects is insignificant

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:14am On Aug 16, 2020
Digitron:

You could only name two failed projects out of many completed project.

The number of failed projects is insignificant
Rubbish,so projects failing immediately after construction and others failing while still under construction should now be overlooked because the rest didn't fail as well? Let them all collapse now undecided
Has this stuff happened in Enugu before?
Is there any serious state in Nigeria where this stuff is happening.
You might not notice but this village bush man has succeeded in taking Enugu 20 years back.
Now Enugu is one of those backward, unserious states where contracts are awarded to shoddy local contractors, in order to spend as little money as possible,so the governor and his croonies will have enough to pocket.
Ugwuanyi's projects are always substandard shoddy and lacking quality.
If you criticize him for using shoddy contractors, he'll claim to be supporting local contractors.
You're supporting them by letting them build death traps in the name of public infrastructure.
When that Bushman is through with Enugu, you his defenders will realize the quantity of disservice you had done your state,by defending that failure.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 8:35am On Aug 16, 2020
Rgade:

Milliken hill.
Etc

Anyone reading would be more interested in etc to take you seriously lol

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:50am On Aug 16, 2020
Digitron:
FOREST CRESENT GRA

Wall to wall....abi na gutter to gutter tarring! Why couldn't they make provision for sidewalks?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:19am On Aug 16, 2020
Rgade:

Milliken hill.
Etc

Milken hill still stands strong thou

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B2mario(m): 10:24am On Aug 16, 2020
Digitron:
Random Pictures from the Coal City
Very ok. Enugu is still retaining it's glory, The pride of East.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B2mario(m): 10:26am On Aug 16, 2020
Digitron:

My brother ask him.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
Rgade:

Rubbish,so projects failing immediately after construction and others failing while still under construction should now be overlooked because the rest didn't fail as well? Let them all collapse now undecided
Has this stuff happened in Enugu before?
Is there any serious state in Nigeria where this stuff is happening.
You might not notice but this village bush man has succeeded in taking Enugu 20 years back.
Now Enugu is one of those backward, unserious states where contracts are awarded to shoddy local contractors, in order to spend as little money as possible,so the governor and his croonies will have enough to pocket.
Ugwuanyi's projects are always substandard shoddy and lacking quality.
If you criticize him for using shoddy contractors, he'll claim to be supporting local contractors.
You're supporting them by letting them build death traps in the name of public infrastructure.
When that Bushman is through with Enugu, you his defenders will realize the quantity of disservice you had done your state,by defending that failure.

Lol, the "Bushman' is spearheading a rural revolution in Enugu state and we are happy with that.

The culture of concentrating 80% of government spending on a tiny Enugu city has ended for good.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 1:03am On Aug 19, 2020
Digitron:

Lol, the "Bushman' is spearheading a rural revolution in Enugu state and we are happy with that.

The culture of concentrating 80% of government spending on a tiny Enugu city has ended for good.

Rural revolution
Please let us keep sycophancy at bay.
It is degrading to human character.
If we ever wish to progress as a people we must learn to be objective.
"Tiny Enugu city" accounts for 1 out of 4 of the state's population and perhaps over 80% of the state's tax income revenue, so it should always have priority.
That is the reality of the state.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OruExpress: 10:25pm On Aug 19, 2020
rural underdevelopment is the state's weakness. Nothing wrong in saying that.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by okeyglm: 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2020
Digitron:

I want you to prove me wrong by showcasing projects initiated and completed by ugwuani in each LGA.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
Enugu State Judiciary Headquarters complex, at the Independence Layout, Enugu, being renovated by Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s administration.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 11:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
The Aji-Umuogboagu Road, in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area of Enugu State, delivered by Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi's administration, in line with its sustained rural development drive.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 12:06am On Aug 20, 2020
eaglechild:

Rural revolution
Please let us keep sycophancy at bay.
It is degrading to human character.
If we ever wish to progress as a people we must learn to be objective.
"Tiny Enugu city" accounts for 1 out of 4 of the state's population and perhaps over 80% of the state's tax income revenue, so it should always have priority.
That is the reality of the state.

The reason why Enugu city alone account for 80% of our IGR is because successive administrations abandoned the rural areas and focused on the city center.

We must invest aggressively in the rural areas so that light industries can spring up in these places thereby creating jobs and increasing the state revenue.

With over 250km of rural roads currently ongoing in various parts of the state, ugwuanyi is poised to give the rural dwellers a sense of belonging.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 11:53am On Aug 20, 2020
Digitron:

The reason why Enugu city alone account for 80% of our IGR is because successive administrations abandoned the rural areas and focused on the city center.

We must invest aggressively in the rural areas so that light industries can spring up in these places thereby creating jobs and increasing the state revenue.

With over 250km of rural roads currently ongoing in various parts of the state, ugwuanyi is poised to give the rural dwellers a sense of belonging.
I do not advocate for neglect on either side.
I'm just talking about priorities.
I sincerely think the flaunting of the rural renaissance by Ugwuanyi is an offshoot of the outcry of poor maintenance of the capital which is glaring.
His ready excuse is "it is time for rural areas".
Yet he hasn't done any better in the rural areas.

Enugu to Portharcourt is not even up to 250km, and the FG has been struggling with it ( yes it is a trunk A dual carriage), where are the phantom 250km rural roads?

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
okeyglm:

I want you to prove me wrong by showcasing projects initiated and completed by ugwuani in each LGA.

First, I don't work for the government, I am just a fan of his aggressive rural drive. Below is the list of project i have tracked in Nsukka LGA, there are others i may not know of.

NSUKKA LOCAL GOVERNMENT:
1. Opi- Nsukka Dual Carriage Road Completed
2. Enugu State Secretariat Annex Nsukka Ongoing
3. Worker Estate Ede Oballa Completed
4. Rehabilitation of Nsukka General Hospital Nsukka
5. Construction of Nsukka Mini Stadium Nsukka Ongoing
6. Completion of a Sub power station Nsukka Completed
7. Eha Alumona ring road linking 8 communities Ongoing
8. Upgrade of Nsukka School of Health Nsukka Completed
9. Construction of Low Cost Estate at Opi Agu Ongoing
10. Onuiyi Junction-Amobi Street-MCC Road Nsukka Ongoing
11. New Anglican Road – Obechara Road junction, Nsukka Completed
12. Nsukka Infectious Disease/Isolation Center Nsukka Completed
13. Reconstruction of Ikenga Hotel Nsukka
14. Umuezebi- Nru Junction- University Gate Nsukka, Completed
15. Obechara Road Junction – Umuakashi Mechanic Village – Ikenga Hotel Junction. Completed
16. Post Office Roundabout – Odenigbo Roundabout- Ogurugu Road – Ikenga Hotel Junction Completed.
17. Other Internal Roads in Nsukka:
a. Adudele street,
b. Odenigbo road,
c. St Theresa Road,
d. Oloto street,
e. Justica Eze Streeet,
e. Aku Road Completed
18. Reconstruction and Equipping of many Primary and Secondary Schools in the LGA
19. Construction of High Court Complexes with Judges Quarters in Nsukka GRA. Completed .

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by okeyglm: 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
Digitron:

First, I don't work for the government, I am just a fan of his aggressive rural drive. Below is the list of project i have tracked in Nsukka LGA, there are others i may not know of.

Enugu doesn't begin and End in Nsukka. last time I checked Enugu north senatorial zone is only made up 6 lga. sullivan even though performed more in the city never relegated the rural part. but gburugburu not only underperforming in the city but also in rural areas. besides this is our State when you guys finishes embezzling funds meant for development of our state everyone will run to onitsha, Lagos , Abuja. when was the last time Enugu state witness a establishment of gigantic industry. last time I check it's in ama brewery. make I stop. las las we all get sense

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
okeyglm:

Enugu doesn't begin and End in Nsukka. last time I checked Enugu north senatorial zone is only made up 6 lga. sullivan even though performed more in the city never relegated the rural part. but gburugburu not only underperforming in the city but also in rural areas. besides this is our State when you guys finishes embezzling funds meant for development of our state everyone will run to onitsha, Lagos , Abuja. when was the last time Enugu state witness a establishment of gigantic industry. last time I check it's in ama brewery. make I stop. las las we all get sense

What i expected from you was to reply me with the list of projects done by Sullivan and Chimaroke in Nsukka LGA so that we can compare with the list i posted.

I will try as much as possible to get the list of projects he has executed in each of the 17 LGA, i believe it will give us a better view so that we can compare based on figures and facts and not on emotions.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
eaglechild:

I do not advocate for neglect on either side.
I'm just talking about priorities.
I sincerely think the flaunting of the rural renaissance by Ugwuanyi is an offshoot of the outcry of poor maintenance of the capital which is glaring.
His ready excuse is "it is time for rural areas".
Yet he hasn't done any better in the rural areas.

Enugu to Portharcourt is not even up to 250km, and the FG has been struggling with it ( yes it is a trunk a dual carriage), where are the phantom 250km rural roads?

Seeing they say is believing, this is a fraction of the 250km rural roads

1. 26.665 kilo Ukpabi-Nimbo-Ugbene Ajima-Eziani road in Uzo-Uwani Local Government
2. 22Km Neke-Mbu-Ogbodu Aba-Obollo Etiti road in Udenu and Isi Uzo LGA
3. Ozidem-Nrobo-Abbi-Nimbo in Uzo Uwani
4. Abor Road In Udi Local Government
5. Egede Awhum Road in Udi Local Government
6. St Mary Ngwo - Nsude Road in Udi Local government
7. Ugwuoba- Nkwere Inyi Road Oji River
8. UNTH- Agu-Ndiagu- Uwuaniagu- Obe Amurri Road
9. Ikoko- Amagu- Ajuona- Akabuisi Obimo Nsukka Local government
10. Adani- Asaba- Igga Ojjor Road Uzo Uwani local government
11. 49km Ohom Orba junction – Imilike Ani – Ezimo Uno – Ezimo Agu – Imilike Ogbodu Aba – Obollo Afor Roads also known as Udenu Ring Road
12. Udi station- Ibuzo Amokwe – Amokwe Station in Udi LGA
13. St Mary’s Catholic Church Ukehe- Afia Afor- Umuoka Junction in Igbo Etiti
14. Eha Alumona- Eha Ndiagu- Mbu Road In Nsukka Local government

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2020
PROUDIGBO:
This is the current state of AIIA, Enugu, that was closed down for a year on the 'excuse' they want to fix the runway and add night-time landing facilities. Remember when Sirika closed down Abuja airport to fix its runway, everything was done and dusted in a little over a month....and he also codedly used the opportunity to do up Kaduna airport nicely and upgrade its status to INTERNATIONAL!

Remember all peoples and regions are supposed to be equal in this country! Remember we all have equal ownership to the countrys' commonwealth that is now dispproportinately being used fix the north-west while the south-east and its peoples are treated as second-class!

Just look at the unkempt surroundings of a airport they've closed down for a year, and which is due to reopen in about two weeks time! See the ugly open gutter Sirika is giving us in this 21st century when underground drainage is meant to be the standard. That ugly looking gutter and bushy surroundings is the result of the 10 billion naira Buhari 'graciously' approved for upgrade works at AIIA. Remember they didn't touch the new terminal that's now being left to rot, and i'm sure they haven't done much in the old terminal....like improve the airconditioning so we don't bake while checking in or waiting for our luggage.

I hope those of you who wonder why i despise this country can now begin to understand my position!

Courtesy Njenje Media TV: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuooZI9u0ZSGB58LMrT_T0w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4TFkwivLzo
Very sad situation

Is it that the international terminal has been permanently abandoned?
1 year to asphalt a 3km runway cry
The FG is obviously not committed to the project

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 4:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
eaglechild:

Very sad situation

Is it that the international terminal has been permanently abandoned?
1 year to asphalt a 3km runway cry
The FG is obviously not committed to the project
Hadi Sirika says the international terminal is “60% complete”
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:58am On Aug 21, 2020
Nice drone shots of Enugu.

I'd like to see more of the city have dust/sedimant free roads and greenery like we see in the highbrow areas.

Courtesy Magnus Media TV: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBwaiVCyYvEY9dnputTjBVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37pVmSd7Vyo

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by WireWire22: 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
The most beautiful city in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0GXqeQspA0
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ilovejesus11199: 9:37am On Aug 24, 2020
Real Magic Spells Caster For Overnight Death spells To Kill Your Ex Instantly
My name is Mary, I can't keep this to myself that why am sharing this with you... please pardon me.
If you desperately need an honest and real death spell caster who can help you cast a perfect death spell on anyone then contact this great death spell caster called Dr Agada.
He saved my marriage when he helped me cast a death spell on the lady that almost took my husband completely away from me and the kids. just within 48hours after the casting the bitch died in her sleeping bed.
He also specialize in different types of Spells.
You too can try this man also:
Call/WhatsApp: +2348114081028
Email: dragada1199@gmail.com
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by WireWire22: 3:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
Latest update from 2nd Niger Bridge
Gateway to the east

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvHj6I3Fdfs
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
Some great news for the Akanu Ibiam airport

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 10:57pm On Aug 30, 2020
These pictures are not encouraging

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.