Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1782842 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 11:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
CFCfan:
Yeah, the campus looks beautiful!
I CAN SEE cool the place is really nice.....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 29, 2012
^^
At least, that's one good thing the FG has done for the Southeast grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 12:21am On Dec 29, 2012
CFCfan: ^^
At least, that's one good thing the FG has done for the Southeast grin
YOU TALK AM grin...GEJ IS WORKING
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by onuleo(m): 7:48am On Dec 29, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Don't know why the pic of the new gov't house isn't showing; but we all know what it looks like i suppose, so no wahala.
hu says so. Post am again.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 29, 2012
ak47mann: YOU TALK AM grin...GEJ IS WORKING
Ndi Igbo should stop licking that retard's ar se. Jonathan's has done absolutely nothing for the SE! So jonathan built a university that was already in existence b4 he was born?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
please what is the Igbo name for dove?

I think eagle means ____egbe

then dove means____ugo

hawk ===Nkwo

*i think kite is a tiny bird that flies above the sky and are capable of chasing the eagle around*

#sorry for drawing you ppl back#
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2012
INNO18: Ndi Igbo should stop licking that retard's ar se. Jonathan's has done absolutely nothing for the SE! So jonathan built a university that was already in existence b4 he was born?
Never mind them.Can any of them point to us one of the fed project that was done by Jonathan administration or the one he is planning to do for SE?
That man has failed the EAST and I've stopped supporting him long time ago;though my vote hadly count.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
THE PROBLEM IS THAT NIGERIA IS TOO CORRUPT TO BE A COUNTRY LOOK AT MOST FG PROJECTS,MOST OF THEM ARE HALF WAY ABANDON OR SOME WILL TAKE 20YRS TO COMPLETE,EARLIER WE GET OUT FROM NIGERIA BETTER FOR US........
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
achi4u: Never mind them.Can any of them point to us one of the fed project that was done by Jonathan administration or the one he is planning to do for SE?
That man has failed the EAST and I've stopped supporting him long time ago;though my vote hadly count.

GEJ beautified UNEC's campus grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2012
achi4u: please what is the Igbo name for dove?

I think eagle means ____egbe

then dove means____ugo

hawk ===Nkwo

*i think kite is a tiny bird that flies above the sky and are capable of chasing the eagle around*

#sorry for drawing you ppl back#

http://mkpuruokwu.org

dove is ńdò
ùgó is eagle.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2012
CFCfan:

GEJ beautified UNEC's campus grin grin
So you voted GEJ into power to come and do cosmetic works in Alaigbo? Rather than upgrade the University both infrastructurally and Academically he's busy planting flowers that'll wither away even before he steps down! Just the same way he patched Enugu-Onitsha xpressway rather than reconstruct the road.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2012
Please that picture is not UNEC.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 10:08am On Dec 30, 2012
Airport bypass in progress

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
Is that a skyscraper? I mean the building in the 2nd pic.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
ENUGU is working no doubt...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
INNO18: Is that a skyscraper? I mean the building in the 2nd pic.

I think it's a billboard (if you're looking at the same thing).
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
eaglechild: ESWAMA!!
ESWAMA!!
ESWAMA!!
I have never seen it this bad before.
Who is in charge of ESWAMA. The person should be fired ASAP!
He has completely neglected everything.
Waste has accumulated in ALL the major streets of Enugu.
The waste from the road block that was done on 21st dec is still littered all over Okpara square.
Old park, presidential road etc are eyesores!
Pls does anyone know how to contact ESWAMA!
Why dont they work on weekends?
This is very disturbing.
Didnt you guys read/hear about Mrs Jane Ugwu? She died early this month. She is the madam of environmental. Her absence maybe difficult for her team to adjust properly
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
Odunnu:
Didnt you guys read/hear about Mrs Jane Ugwu? She died early this month. She is the madam of environmental. Her absence maybe difficult for her team to adjust properly
Odunnu:
Odunnu:
Her death is sad, but keeping Coal City clean must continue without further delay. Enugu state government must also dialogue with investors toward establishment of a recycling company in the state. Enugu must not be an environmental disaster like Onitsha Ado! Whoever took over from Mrs. Ugwu must act now.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
I often wonder if Enugu state government has any plans of cleaning, developing or reshaping some of the numerous slums scattered around Coal City. Any person who have lived in Enugu must have heard about such areas like Ugwu Aron, Ugwu Alfred, Iva-Valley, backsides of Obiagu Road, half a dozen ones at Abakpa, Ngene Evu etc. Early this year, i had the opportunity of going to Iva-Valley for the first time. I marvelled at the natural beauty of that part of Enugu. For the first time also, a new asphalt road connecting the area with new market was constructed by Gov. Chime. I inspected a bridge under construction, which will connect Iva-Valley with a bigger slum( i think Pottery is it's name) up Milken Hill. That new road opened some commercial activities in an area that was hitherto difficult to reach. Iva-Valley was a well laid out area with bungalows and lush trees(especially mango), by the British administrators of Coal Corporation during the colonial period. According to a resident, the estate was left to decay by some of the owners of the houses who started building shacks to accommodate more tenants. I was surprised when i noticed that the water taps there are seldom dry. All the houses there still belong to former coal miners or their families. With new roads, such an area could become a tourist hotspot. The Valley is like an egg which contains the history of Enugu. The struggle for independence, better pays, and the fight for freedom from colonial coal mines began in such a place like Iva-Valley.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino11(m): 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
Nightshift: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] Her death is sad, but keeping Coal City clean must continue without further delay. Enugu state government must also dialogue with investors toward establishment of a recycling company in the state. Enugu must not be an environmental disaster like Onitsha Ado! Whoever took over from Mrs. Ugwu must act now.

You guys have come again..when the e-war starts you will be among the ones to seek for peace talk. Why can't you talk about your timid enugu without mentioning Onitsha the economic capital of Eastern Nigeria?

A times I wonder what is in enugu state that people are talking about. The last time a friend visited your enugu, garbage dumps has taken over all the streets and roads, all the ongoing work are presently abandoned, the gov has gone AWOL, govt officials in the state are grabbing the much they can while it last and yet some people will come here and keep deluding themselves.

Enugu state is this and that, yet you guys will not stopping running to Lagos, Onitsha, PH etc for economic survival. Why not you guys stay put in your place and keep watching 'pictures'.

You guys should be more concerned about the missing gov, that alone should take the center stage in all una discussions instead of pretending that all is well, when the whole state has gone up in flames..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2012
Nightshift: I often wonder if Enugu state government has any plans of cleaning, developing or reshaping some of the numerous slums scattered around Coal City. Any person who have lived in Enugu must have heard about such areas like Ugwu Aron, Ugwu Alfred, Iva-Valley, backsides of Obiagu Road, half a dozen ones at Abakpa, Ngene Evu etc. Early this year, i had the opportunity of going to Iva-Valley for the first time. I marvelled at the natural beauty of that part of Enugu. For the first time also, a new asphalt road connecting the area with new market was constructed by Gov. Chime. I inspected a bridge under construction, which will connect Iva-Valley with a bigger slum( i think Pottery is it's name) up Milken Hill. That new road opened some commercial activities in an area that was hitherto difficult to reach. Iva-Valley was a well laid out area with bungalows and lush trees(especially mango), by the British administrators of Coal Corporation during the colonial period. According to a resident, the estate was left to decay by some of the owners of the houses who started building shacks to accommodate more tenants. I was surprised when i noticed that the water taps there are seldom dry. All the houses there still belong to former coal miners or their families. With new roads, such an area could become a tourist hotspot. The Valley is like an egg which contains the history of Enugu. The struggle for independence, better pays, and the fight for freedom from colonial coal mines began in such a place like Iva-Valley.

I feel you. Those places you mentioned are far from Enugu center development but the people there are not complaining too much. Their supply of PHCN light and pipe borne water is the highest in the state. Gov Sullivan Chime gave Iva valley a new road, but what of the masses of these locations;
Ugbo Odogwu
Ugbo Albert
Ugbo Aaron
Agu Aboh
Obed Camp
Ngene Evu
Ikirike (Idaw River)

These places have some similarities, hilly and secluded environment that only the poor live. (Forgive my use of the term poor) but that is the reality on the ground. Bus drivers, Okada and Keke drivers, barrow pushers and hawkers of all kinds of wares dominate those areas listed. If I were to be governor, I will really see how to help these people if I want to take care of the poor in Enugu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
@Spydder880, you know those areas as well. Opening those slums with good asphalt roads will boost economic activities there . Mini shops and the like will spring up, thereby keeping the dwellers busy in their domain. Enugu state government must not abandon them. When our economy develops, such places will become estate investment attractions for Nigerian or multinational companies. Examples like that are abound in many developing cities around the world.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
chino11:

You guys have come again..when the e-war starts you will be among the ones to seek for peace talk. Why can't you talk about your timid enugu without mentioning Onitsha the economic capital of Eastern Nigeria?

A times I wonder what is in enugu state that people are talking about. The last time a friend visited your enugu, garbage dumps has taken over all the streets and roads, all the ongoing work are presently abandoned, the gov has gone AWOL, govt officials in the state are grabbing the much they can while it last and yet some people will come here and keep deluding themselves.

Enugu state is this and that, yet you guys will not stopping running to Lagos, Onitsha, PH etc for economic survival. Why not you guys stay put in your place and keep watching 'pictures'.

You guys should be more concerned about the missing gov, that alone should take the center stage in all una discussions instead of pretending that all is well, when the whole state has gone up in flames..
Chino11, Nwa Aguata(or Orumba) Merry Christmas! Enugu State has good administrators, don't worry about us, they will fix things accordingly.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vanbonattel: 10:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
Nightshift: Chino11, Nwa Aguata(or Orumba) Merry Christmas! Enugu State has good administrators, don't worry for us, they will fix things accordingly.

Chino is like a mad woman who spreads her legs, looks at her naked toto and laughs heartily each time she peeps.
His underperforming governor is ready to gon after 7 years of emptiness, only promises and the goats are clapping for him? PATHETIC!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 12:54am On Dec 31, 2012
smiley

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 1:59am On Dec 31, 2012
Enugu High Court

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 2:09am On Dec 31, 2012
Enugu High Court

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 2:26am On Dec 31, 2012
Zik's Avenue

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 2:30am On Dec 31, 2012
Zik's Avenue

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 31, 2012
ACM10: Zik's Avenue

Looks so ratchet sad
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 31, 2012
Very dirty state with 1920s buses still cruising around.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 2:51am On Dec 31, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Very dirty state with 1920s buses still cruising around.
Click on this link to view your Ekiti village in 3D grin
https://www.nairaland.com/1146217/something-happening-ekiti-real/1#13613581

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.