Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,492 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1779168 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:54am On Dec 31, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino11(m): 3:07am On Dec 31, 2012
Just about my thoughts Ileke-Idi grin grin

I concur with you..celebrating mediocrity grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino11(m): 3:08am On Dec 31, 2012
Just about my thoughts Ileke-Idi grin grin

I concur with you..celebrating mediocrity, failure and government break down grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:10am On Dec 31, 2012
chino11: Just about my thoughts Ileke-Idi grin grin

I concur with you.. celebrating mediocrity, failure and government break down grin

bros, I just dey play your game grin

Abeg, let us celebrate Anambra even though the glory has faded grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:11am On Dec 31, 2012
Seriously tho, MOST of the buses in your pictures shouldnt even be moving. sad
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 3:17am On Dec 31, 2012
Weirdos crawling out again. Please, more pictures.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 3:41am On Dec 31, 2012
Power Holding Company office

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 3:43am On Dec 31, 2012
Ministry of women affairs

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 3:52am On Dec 31, 2012
Abakaliki road

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino11(m): 5:11am On Dec 31, 2012
van bonattel:

Chino is like a mad woman who spreads her legs, looks at her naked toto and laughs heartily each time she peeps.
His underperforming governor is ready to gon after 7 years of emptiness, only promises and the goats are clapping for him? PATHETIC!

It is you and your entire family that are mad people. You mama na big time mad woman. grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino11(m): 5:23am On Dec 31, 2012
Enugu State Governor, Mr. Sullivan Chime, who has been away from the state for about four months may return to the country by the middle of January, it was learnt Sunday.

THISDAY gathered that his planned return was to stop the gathering campaign by some stakeholders in the state to make the House of Assembly to impeach him.

However, one of the suspected arrowheads of the impeachment plot, Senator Gilbert Nnaji, who chairs the Senate committee on Communication, has denied being part of meeting where the possible impeachment of the embattled governor was discussed.

THISDAY checks revealed that series of meetings have been heldbetween and among different groups on how to lobby the state lawmakers to commence impeachment moves against the governor, having “remained incommunicado” for over 100 days.

A source close to the governor told THISDAY that efforts are currently being made to discharge the governor from a London hospital where he is currently being treated of a yet-to-be ascertained ailment, in bid to stop the plot to remove him from office.

“I can assure you that the governor will most likely be in the state before January 15, 2013. Though, he has not fully recovered, the reason is to bring him back so he could continue with his treatment here in the state.

“Also, by the time he comes back, all these rumours about his health conditions would have been laid to rest,” the source said.
Nnaji, who is being touted as leader of the impeachment group, Sunday said he was not part of a purported meeting where issues on the possible removal of the governor were discussed.

It was gathered that some politicians had met under the umbrella of the Ebeano political family, to discuss the seeming lull in government occasioned by the absence of the governor for about four months and plan a possible way out.

Investigations showed that the group has been lobbying principal officers of the state House of Assembly to impeach Chime.

The lawmakers, under the leadership of the Speaker, Hon. Eugene Odoh, were however said to be divided over the impeachment moves. The speaker was said to have acknowledged receiving many petitions urging the House to impeach the governor having left the state for so long without giving any clue as to his whereabouts.

Though, it was initially rumoured that Nnaji being a founding member of the Ebeano group, established and nurtured by Chime’s predecessor, Dr Chimaroke Nnamani, initiated the impeachment meeting, the senator denied it in a press statement.

“For the avoidance of doubt, I did not attend any meeting where Governor Sullivan Chime was the subject, particularly during this period of his vacation. I am rather preoccupied with the challenge of continued effective and responsive representation of my constituency,” he stated.

Chime had been away from the state since September 19, 2012 when he purportedly transmitted a letter to the House of Assembly informing the lawmakers of his intention to begin his annual leave and accordingly informing them that his deputy, Mr. Sunday Onyebuchi, would function as acting governor in his absence

http://www.thisdayonline.com/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Piyke: 8:27pm On Dec 31, 2012
If you're in EN n haven't visited Oakland, try to do so. when u do, head straight for the rollercoaster ride, you go fear cheesy and its just #400.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
ACM10: Ministry of women affairs

LWKMD! grin grin grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:14pm On Dec 31, 2012
May I use this opportunity to thank all of you, my friends in the property section of this forum. You have been with us through thick and thin all through the year 2012. Your love, support and encouragement to us was so much that we can only say a big thank you.
We promise to keep doing what we have been doing, only that we are going to do more in the coming year to satisfy more clients and improve the system. We also say a big thank you to all our clients; past, present and future, that our relationship will continue to be cordial as usual.
Our wish to you is that the good lord will make all your dreams to come true this 2013, may good health, wealth, joy and prosperity be your portion all through 2013 and beyond.
May god bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:58am On Jan 01, 2013
Thanks ACM10 for those lovely pictures
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:23pm On Jan 01, 2013
Enjoying new year day with kids in Enugu

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
There were more people in Shoprite than the people inside Enugu town today grin

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
spyder880: There were more people in Shoprite than the people inside Enugu town today grin
I still wonder how enugu managed to get a shoprite when port harcourt hasn't seen one, and to think the one in enugu ia prettier than the one in lagos.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
Spyder, you camera is much better than ACMs own.

Hope the Governor returns soon; if not, just watch as Enugu goes to seed b/4 our koro-koro eyes! sad
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:05pm On Jan 01, 2013
blink182: I still wonder how enugu managed to get a shoprite when port harcourt hasn't seen one, and to think the one in enugu ia prettier than the one in lagos.

^^^The difference is the Governor; i've noticed that Chime has my kind of 'perfectionist' attitude in not settling for anything but the best, even with the little funds at his disposal.....anything worth doing is worth doing well; Akpabio has that kind of mindset too.

Also, Lagos and Rivers Governors have more to oversee in their states than the Enugu Governor hence they may not have been as 'hands-on' in the design and execution of the Mall project like the Enugu Governor was.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 11:09pm On Jan 01, 2013
blink182: I still wonder how enugu managed to get a shoprite when port harcourt hasn't seen one, and to think the one in enugu ia prettier than the one in lagos.
Coal City is a power house. Jokes apart, owners of Shoprite saw a big potential in Enugu inhabitants. Enugu is the Switzerland in South East. A big middleclass with independent minds and some fine deep pockets. They also know how to enjoy life peacefully . South African's Shoprite naturally smelt money there ; but they also knew that Enugu people will not accept piecemeal services, hence the quality of the shop in Coal City .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
Spyder, you camera is much better than ACMs own.

Hope the Governor returns soon; if not, just watch as Enugu goes to seed b/4 our koro-koro eyes! sad
ok, I will do a better job next time grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
Nightshift: Coal City is a power house. Jokes apart, owners of Shoprite saw a big potential in Enugu inhabitants. Enugu is the Switzerland in South East. A big middleclass with independent minds and some fine deep pockets. They also know how to enjoy life peacefully . South African's Shoprite naturally smelled money there ; but they also knew that Enugu people will not accept piecemeal services, hence the quality of the shop in Coal City .

To tell you the truth, I was very surprised at the rate at which people rush into Shoprite daily. I didnt know so much money is in my Enugu. If you see just how long the line for payment to the cashiers was, I left without buying anything today, so many people turned back without buying anything because the crowd inside is in the thousands. Pushing a cart is a no no, even walking along the racks is so slow, kids everywhere and not even enough space for me to take pictures inside.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^The difference is the Governor; i've noticed that Chime has my kind of 'perfectionist' attitude in not settling for anything but the best, even with the little funds at his disposal.....anything worth doing is worth doing well; Akpabio has that kind of mindset too.

Also, Lagos and Rivers Governors have more to oversee in their states than the Enugu Governor hence they may not have been as 'hands-on' in the design and execution of the Mall project like the Enugu Governor was.

Very true, the quality of most of Chime's projects has raised the bar, the next governor here will be struggling to keep up the pace.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:24pm On Jan 01, 2013
In the second picture, there is a long line of people waiting to ride the wheel
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
even the large car parks are filled,

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:36pm On Jan 01, 2013
getting in

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:40pm On Jan 01, 2013
this is the only place I could take pictures, inside was crammed, stuffy and very crowded

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
spyder880:

Very true, the quality of most of Chime's projects has raised the bar, the next governor here will be struggling to keep up the pace.
My take is that, because Gov. Chime having lived in Enugu for a long time made it impossible for him to ignore tackling the city's problems. The British colonists planned Enugu very well. After years of neglect, the City was begging for someone to give it a facelift. Then comes Chime, who breath, ate and drank Enugu! As a longtime Uwani resident, he knew all the nooks and corners of the City. He really showed a big difference from Jim, Madueke and Nnamani, who came in as governors from outside ( USA ) to rule the state. The next governor should be an Enugu dweller.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:52pm On Jan 01, 2013
Nightshift: My take is that because Gov. Chime haven lived in Enugu for a long time made it impossible for him to ignore tackling the city's problems. The British colonists planned Enugu very well. After years of neglect, the City was begging for someone to give it a facelift. Then comes Chime, who breath, ate and drank Enugu! As a longtime Uwani resident, he knew all the nooks and corners of the City. He really showed a difference from Jim, Madueke and Nnamani, who came in as governors from outside to rule the state. The next governor should be an Enugu dweller.

x1000

I like this.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 12:03am On Jan 02, 2013
spyder880:

To tell you the truth, I was very surprised at the rate at which people rush into Shoprite daily. I didnt know so much money is in my Enugu. If you see just how long the line for payment to the cashiers was, I left without buying anything today, so many people turned back without buying anything because the crowd inside is in the thousands. Pushing a cart is a no no, even walking along the racks is so slow, kids everywhere and not even enough space for me to take pictures inside.

incredible! That means there's space for them to build a second or a competitor retailer to move it!
Enugu makes me proud to be igbo

You should also consider that it's December time as well, tourism is at an all time high.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 02, 2013
Happy New @Spyder and all those who have kept this thread bullbling for almost half a year Now. Just learnt one of our own (Afam) has been 'promoted' to a Mod. Congrats to him also. You guys can check out my thread on Sokoto @ the Politics section. Let me go and open it. I promise to beat oga spyder's thread record of 88 pages lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.