Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,706 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784916 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 02, 2013
INNO18: Happy New @Spyder and all those who have kept this thread bullbling for almost half a year Now. Just learnt one of our own (Afam) has been 'promoted' to a Mod. Congrats to him also. You guys can check out my thread on Sokoto @ the Politics section. Let me go and open it. I promise to beat oga spyder's thread record of 88 pages lol.

The record is held by the "US Election night" thread. It lasted 89 pages.

Anyway, I love the Shoprite pics, and its good to know the place is well patronized. I'm just hoping that the international terminal of Akanu Ibiam airport is completed on schedule. The terminal will surely open up Enugu to a much larger international market.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
Enugu has been filled up this christmas unlike the past.
A lot of people came into the city.
Enugu's population is really growing.
The state government needs to step up to keep up with this or it will lose its serenity.
I'll keep shouting out about SANITATION cause that's the first sector that feels the strain.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
CFCfan:

The record is held by the "US Election night" thread. It lasted 89 pages.

Anyway, I love the Shoprite pics, and its good to know the place is well patronized. I'm just hoping that the international terminal of Akanu Ibiam airport is completed on schedule. The terminal will surely open up Enugu to a much larger international market.

I think I hold the national record for long threads on Nairaland (lol)
Some of my threads had crossed the 100 page mark and seun closed it, he helped me open a continuation thread and the new one is about 82 pages now, so that thread is 182 pages long. Check out "The real cost of building a 6 bedroom duplex" and "The real cost of building a 6 bedroom duplex (reloaded)" in the property section.

I also have like 15 other threads that are as long as 45, 55, 59, 29, 28, 65 pages long.

We shall keep marching on this year, we love Enugu always.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 8:43pm On Jan 02, 2013
Opi snaking road earth work

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sullivan is too much

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 8:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
Opi nsukka road asphalt works

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
I just love my gov smiley

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
@ joeluv, the concept for this road in the last picture is fantastic. There is a steady hold up on that area and this new road will remove a lot of strain on the existing lane, maybe give the Abakaliki road an express passage. Innovative leadership that solves our problems. We the residents are happy.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
joeluv: Opi snaking road earth work

I can see two green vehicles in this picture, Arab Contractors use only yellow vehicles, do you know which contractors are handling this, Arab contractors does majority of the contracts in this state, but I must commend them for the good quality of their work.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:03am On Jan 03, 2013
joeluv: I just love my gov smiley

^^^Joeluv, what's going on in that pic undecided? Looks like a dead end to me.....or does it lead to somewhere?

I'm impressed with the Enugu gov't. Where do they find the money for all these jobs ? Considering their budget for 2013 is just a little above 80 billion naira, while states like Rivers and Lagos are budgeting more than 490 billion naira respectively.....makes you wonder!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:07am On Jan 03, 2013
I'm liking the greenery in those pics! Thick vegetation helps purify the air.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2013
From the site of the secretariat complex in GRA Enugu comes these few pictures

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2013
This is the first site just beside the demolished ministry of lands building

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2013
And this is the second site nearer to new market

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2013
^^
Wow! The render in the first pic looks stunning. Those building would definitely enhance d beauty of Enugu metropolis.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
All pictures could only be taken from outside,

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
The quantity of rods buried in that circle made me fear, it just turned the color to black, this administration is spending some serious money here cheesy

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 2:07am On Jan 04, 2013
we are going higher....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Onlytruth(m): 5:59am On Jan 04, 2013
joeluv: Opi nsukka road asphalt works

I can smell the fresh air from here!
Igboland; my beautiful Igboland! shocked cool

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 04, 2013
^^
I hope there will be lane-marks on that road. But I trust the pace-setting Enugu govt to do d right thing.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Niiade(m): 10:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
Please where is the closet General Hospital to New Haven. Thank you
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
Niiade: Please where is the closet General Hospital to New Haven. Thank you
The closest general hospital to New Haven is Parklane Hospital (about 4km) at the back of Shoprite. New UNTH at Ituku/Ozalla along Enugu/Port Harcourt expressway is about 17km away from New Haven.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Niiade(m): 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
Thank you very much Nightshift
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
Niiade: Thank you very much Nightshift
You're welcome, Nwanne mmadu!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by onuleo(m): 11:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
Oga spyda, nigthshift, Acm, centje, ezeagu n oda 042 crew pepz i gret u. If ani of u cn hlp us wit pix of d ezeagu tourist cmplex n d songhai project in ezeagu 2. N also hw z work in d centinari city? My Old man seem 2 b intrestd plz. N lastly tel chime 2 look wit pity on Abakpa.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Piyke: 7:54am On Jan 05, 2013
From all these pics and recent developments its clear Enugu state is on a mission. Carry on Gov. Chime
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
spyder880:

I can see two green vehicles in this picture, Arab Contractors use only yellow vehicles, do you know which contractors are handling this, Arab contractors does majority of the contracts in this state, but I must commend them for the good quality of their work.
it's arab contractors,i've posted some pics of the road on this thread. Happy new year!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2013
@onuleo
Am not really steady in enugu. But i'll see what i can do. Happy new year!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
[size=28pt]Google earth pictures of some sites in Enugu

Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium
[/size]

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 9:30pm On Jan 05, 2013

Ebeano tunnel
[/size]

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2013

Shoprite
[/size]

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 9:34pm On Jan 05, 2013

Holy Ghost cathedral
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.