Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo (14192 Views)

Festus Keyamo Tweet On Fuel Scarcity During GEJ's Administration / The Death Of Prince Abubakar Audu And The Legal Implications By Festus Keyamo / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by oiseworld: 11:17am On Jul 05, 2012
Toktee: As for the old man that find it very easy to open his mouth wide to insult me,i dnt blame him,that is how he was brought up by his parents,we have to endure God creation I ask why the sss failed to arrest lawan immediately hd collected the money? they failf to do that nw where is their exhibit? If otedola is innocent why participate in the whole mess? And if actually he gave the money to lawan,where is the money,cos the sss failed to do their job,finally,ì said both of them are guilty of the same offence,so mr oises if u were nt properly educated go back to school,no one will laugh at u,your case is the manifestation of failed educational system in nigeria
Toktee: Lets waite and see how otedola will retreive the money from lawan
Toktee: As for the old man that find it very easy to open his mouth wide to insult me,i dnt blame him,that is how he was brought up by his parents,we have to endure God creation I ask why the sss failed to arrest lawan immediately hd collected the money? they failf to do that nw where is their exhibit? If otedola is innocent why participate in the whole mess? And if actually he gave the money to lawan,where is the money,cos the sss failed to do their job,finally,ì said both of them are guilty of the same offence,so mr oises if u were nt properly educated go back to school,no one will laugh at u,your case is the manifestation of failed educational system in nigeria

wat don't u see?. And How did you comprehend in school? Don't you get it that otedola and the sss have all the video and audio tapes, they only choose to release it bit by bit. Let farook provide his own evidence for his one man sting operation.

Though my ealier post was hard but you keep buttressing it.

Sorry ohh !!
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 11:17am On Jul 05, 2012
logica: No it doesn't. Audio and video conclusively prove the act. The marked bills might only be useful in the money trail to pin-point all those involved. But I believe the money is long gone (probably through various Bureau de Change offices).

ur opinion no doubt and i respect it.
for the police, its bullshit and holds no water, even till yesterday, the so called Video evidence allegedly taken by Otedollar SSS (No one knows yet) isnt even with them.http://www.punchng.com/news/no-evidence-yet-to-prosecute-lawan-police/
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by IgweAni: 11:21am On Jul 05, 2012
Redstone:

If sss actually had a video of him the first time he collected the bribe money, that is enough evidence to take him in. Now where is the bribe money?

He can claim he collected it in other to expose Otedola @ the floor of the house, he was given enought time to expose Otedola but he failed, instead he went ahead to convince the house to remove Otedola's company from the list. What does that tell you? Its common sense, even i child knows that Facrook was caught red handed.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 11:21am On Jul 05, 2012
ideylaff: Keyamo is meant to be a lawyer and he's already passing judgement on a case that is yet to go to court

All Farouk will do to get off the hook is claim prejudice.. simple....

All of them are the same.. Distraction agents... everybody don 4get 3 trillion abi na 2 trillion wey we dey find in the 1st place

Only yesterday the same set of accussed marketers were awarded bigger contracts again, Same old story... yeye dey smell big time

keyamo is just another Government Contractor and he simply wants the contract. imagine being a legal contractor for the SSS at the expense of one short mallam somewhere. Thats millions bros and its worth picking up.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by logica(m): 11:22am On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

ur opinion no doubt and i respect it.
for the police, its bullshit and holds no water, even till yesterday, the so called Video evidence allegedly taken by Otedollar SSS (No one knows yet) isnt even with them.http://www.punchng.com/news/no-evidence-yet-to-prosecute-lawan-police/
Who doesn't know we don't have a Police Force? If you are going to use the views of the Nigerian Police then I cannot take you seriously. It is clear that in saner climes, the Police would request for the evidence from who ever has possession and then take it from there.

Normally I should be able to record a crime and present the evidence to the Police to act (as a concerned citizen even without the aid of any law enforcement authorities). For instance look at the case against R Kelly whose purported video was found online. Even though he was eventually cleared, he was prosecuted on the strength of the evidence. But will this work in Nigeria? Get real please.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Toktee(m): 11:23am On Jul 05, 2012
donigspain:
Thank you, my bro!
Ogologo ndu n'elu isi gi...
common sense should also tell you that,at the point of the arrest nobdy would have care to know weather he want to exposed otedola or not,the topic would have been,lawan caught redhanded no gudge would have save him,but by following the other way,the money is gone,otedola is guilty of the same offence.ewu
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by IgweAni: 11:25am On Jul 05, 2012
donigspain:
Thank you, my bro!
Ogologo ndu n'elu isi gi...

Di kwara gi Nnam.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 11:25am On Jul 05, 2012
Wereh kpe: I love this guy called Keyamo!

I also support what he said on Channels Last night's news

He said but not in this exact words: If we occupy the streets like we did during the fuel subsidy removal, Farouk will have no option but to resign!

Seriously, the corrupt house is supporting the criminal cus de too have collected the bribe! IF WE DONT OCCUPY, den WE DONT DESERVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE STATE OF OUR COUNTRY! After all, you dont sleep and win wars but rather you fight to win wars

anyone that does this at this stage for now is simply daft. the whole truth isnt yet out.

Otedollar or SSS release of partial audio recording isnt helping matters
video not yet out. not even with the police.
Apparent Non-cooperation of the SSS with the police isnt helping matters
Farook's inconsistencies isnt helping matters
Otedollar's precedence also isnt helping matters. etc
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 11:29am On Jul 05, 2012
logica:
Who doesn't know we don't have a Police Force? If you are going to use the views of the Nigerian Police then I cannot take you seriously. It is clear that in saner climes, the Police would request for the evidence from who ever has possession and then take it from there.

Normally I should be able to record a crime and present the evidence to the Police to act (as a concerned citizen even without the aid of any law enforcement authorities). For instance look at the case against R Kelly whose purported video was found online. Even though he was eventually cleared, he was prosecuted on the strength of the evidence. But will this work in Nigeria? Get real please.

Am also aware that the same SSS can also charge criminals to court like the case of Ndume but am not sure if this one is under their purview 9if it is, let them charge him directly then). One thing i'm sure is the SSS, police and other security agents all have a single overall boss in the presidency. The issue at hand is not the uselessness of our police force but the will of the leadership in making sure that this case come to a conclusive end on time if at all there is even any case
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 11:33am On Jul 05, 2012
IgweAni:

Brother ask him o. I was even thinking he was using his brain.

brainless, av u seen my response?
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by conyema12(m): 11:34am On Jul 05, 2012
Toktee: Imagine a lawyer talking,he is even comending the effort of otedola and the sss,the lawyer went ahead to use america nd other european countries,that do resign their position in a case like this,my problem with the whole analysis is,if mr otedola is innocent,why must he perticipate in the whole saga instead of waiting for the house to complete the investigation,who call who first, and why must lawan invite security agencies,who among them can be trusted,otedola invited the sss to do what,what prevented them frm arresting lawan immediately he take posession of the exhibit,can u tell me how otedola is innocent in all these with good reasons? And the question of resignation,hw many corrupt govt official nd politician resign their position in nigeria,i therefore conclude that mr otedola do nt gve kobo to mr lawan,if he give where is the money,on the side of sss they fail in there duties as they were been commanded by mr otedola,what a shame,the giver nd the taker,are both guilty of the offence period...no ranting

Otedola is so smart. even if he was guilty in the report, he used FL to shine.

He involved SSS while FL worked alone.

Otedola has a credible evident which he has tabled to Nigerians while FL has none.

Otedola provided the bribe which FL collected and did not deny it.

FL delisted Zenon from the report without tangilble reason after collecting the bribe.

The list is endless. This evident is more than enough my brother.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by conyema12(m): 11:35am On Jul 05, 2012
Toktee: Imagine a lawyer talking,he is even comending the effort of otedola and the sss,the lawyer went ahead to use america nd other european countries,that do resign their position in a case like this,my problem with the whole analysis is,if mr otedola is innocent,why must he perticipate in the whole saga instead of waiting for the house to complete the investigation,who call who first, and why must lawan invite security agencies,who among them can be trusted,otedola invited the sss to do what,what prevented them frm arresting lawan immediately he take posession of the exhibit,can u tell me how otedola is innocent in all these with good reasons? And the question of resignation,hw many corrupt govt official nd politician resign their position in nigeria,i therefore conclude that mr otedola do nt gve kobo to mr lawan,if he give where is the money,on the side of sss they fail in there duties as they were been commanded by mr otedola,what a shame,the giver nd the taker,are both guilty of the offence period...no ranting
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by logica(m): 11:35am On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

The issue at hand is not the uselessness of our police force but the will of the leadership in making sure that this case come to a conclusive end on time if at all there is even any case
It is the latter you should've been talking about not the former. As you said the SSS can also prosecute as they have the powers of the Police, but then the latter comes into play - willingness. I believe they are being held back by the "powers that be" who want this case to be quietly resolved as a PDP family affair (with 2 PDP "sons" quarreling).

1 Like

Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by donigspain(m): 11:36am On Jul 05, 2012
@Demdem, Yes, my line of argument conotes that am still uncertain if Otedola invited/contacted the SSS before the sting operation since the SSS is yet to make a public stance on Otedola's claims. Despite the afore, one thing we can't take away from Otedola is the fact that he is wise (cunning, crafty) enough to have evidence(s) to his favour. What difference does it make whether it's a joint sting operation between Otedola and the SSS or a solo sting operation of Otedola? The fact is that Otedola has got evidence(s) while Farouk has none!
Evidence surpasses all things in the court of law.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by IgweAni: 11:38am On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

brainless, av u seen my response?

The one u made when u were already schooled, right?

U started making sense after u diverted ur view. Thank God u are learning, congrats @ least u r not fully lost as the other guy.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by logica(m): 11:39am On Jul 05, 2012
donigspain: @Demdem, Yes, my line of argument conotes that am still uncertain if Otedola invited/contacted the SSS before the sting operation since the SSS is yet to make a public stance on Otedola's claims
Forget about that. Believe you me, if the SSS was not involved, they would've come out to discredit Otedola and not keep mute. I believe they are still mute because of the PDP "powers that be".
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 11:41am On Jul 05, 2012
logica: It is the latter you should've been talking about not the former. As you said the SSS can also prosecute as they have the powers of the Police, but then the latter comes into play - willingness. I believe they are being held back by the "powers that be" who want this case to be quietly resolved as a PDP family affair (with 2 PDP "sons" quarreling).

if these "powers" are holding my own president (in charge of these security agents) the retardeen on his balls then i can confidently say that Otedola isnt being truthful completely either the same way farook seems not to.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by jammer777: 11:41am On Jul 05, 2012
Toktee: common sense should also tell you that,at the point of the arrest nobdy would have care to know weather he want to exposed otedola or not,the topic would have been,lawan caught redhanded no gudge would have save him,but by following the other way,the money is gone,otedola is guilty of the same offence.ewu

U just made a point which can be valid and as well be rubished legally. What if Lawan was wearing a tape/video recorder @ dat moment too? He will just release it to suport his claims of wanting to expose Femi. I even have a feeling dat he has a mechanical evidence against Femi but as @ now which can't be used due to the support he drummed dat Zenon should be expunged from the list there by making it void. The time space he allowed to expose Femi was too much and MAYBE that eventually tempted him to cash in the Benjamins. But guy, can't u be modest? Which one be Ewu again? Una no need these vituperative attacks...
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by jigawatts(m): 11:41am On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem: i wonder what the govt is still waiting for by not charging farook to court till date? is it that they know more than what Festus knows or what?
https://www.nairaland.com/981358/no-evidence-yet-prosecute-lawan
besides am not convinced that Otedola involved the SSS before the video capturing, my guts tells me he got them involved after the incidence.

If its truly a purely SSS operation, why should otedollar has a copy of all the recording? is this the normal standard practice? why wasnt farook arrested immediately? (if this was done, we wont be going through all of these wahala now). i disagree with festus, SSS did a terrible job in this case and that explains my reservation. its unlike them.

Well, as a smart Nigerian, I think Otedollar decided to hold copies of d recordings to himself so dat SSS won't try any rubbish at late hour.... U know SSS can decide not to make d recordings public, BUT by keeping copies, It will be hard for SSS to turn d table around to protect Farouk Lawan ...... If dats d case, then once again ..... Otedollar outsmarted dem all ..... I mite be wrong tho

1 Like

Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by logica(m): 11:42am On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

if these "powers" are holding my own president (in charge of these security agents) the retardeen on his balls then i can confidently say that Otedola isnt being truthful completely either the same way farook seems not to.
And who says your president is not one of those powers? You think when we talk about "powers that be" the president is excluded? Dude!
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 11:44am On Jul 05, 2012
IgweAni:

[s]The one u made when u were already schooled, right?[/s]

Stuppid and inconsequential

U started making sense after u diverted ur view. Thank God u are learning, congrats @ least u r not fully lost as the other guy.

If u can kindly show the whole world now where my inconsistencies are i will admit hat u are smart but now, u are daft.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 11:46am On Jul 05, 2012
logica: And who says your president is not one of those powers? You think when we talk about "powers that be" the president is excluded? Dude!

basically, my president the retardeen is an accomplice. Wonderful.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:47am On Jul 05, 2012
Beaf!:

^
Shut your dirty mouth!
That guy has made some sense in his post.

Why was the money not retrieved and Farouk arrested there and then?
Was the sting operation conducted by Otedola or SSS?
Why did they allow farouk to go with the money?

Where is the video?

Farouk is a thief and so is Otedola. Their evil dealings just got messy hence all this drama.

Keyamo is biased in his analysis. How did he know that No.3 actually happened? Was Keyamo at the scene of No.3?

I have stressed the fact that there is a reason why the arrest was not made. FARCROOK is not the only target. If you think this is just about FARCROOK then you are mistaking. Ask yourself this question.

If FARCROOK was arrested on the spot, will any other person involved be discovered? If no, then the way is to mark the money and try to trace the money trail. Just like when a Kidnap is done in most developed countries, you let the marked ransom be paid. Later when you trace even a note to someone, you can back trail the movement of the money.

You guys please stop saying all this FARCROOK should have been arrested on the spot. That would have been too stupid.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by brownlord: 11:47am On Jul 05, 2012
luv2talk:
My friend, use ur head, Sen Joe Biden, the US VP had been in senate since Obama was 12yrs old, Until 2008 when.he was nominated as Obama's VP. The number of years doesnt count, we need leaders with integrity....

Just the kind of integrity ur facrook broder hv
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Toktee(m): 11:48am On Jul 05, 2012
conyema12:

Otedola is so smart. even if he was guilty in the report, he used FL to shine.

He involved SSS while FL worked alone.

Otedola has a credible evident which he has tabled to Nigerians while FL has none.

Otedola provided the bribe which FL collected and did not deny it.

FL delisted Zenon from the report without tangilble reason after collecting the bribe.

The list is endless. This evident is more than enough my brother.
Where is the cash bro?
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by logica(m): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

basically, my president the retardeen is an accomplice. Wonderful.
Like I said, I believe they are trying to treat this thing as a PDP family squabble. We all know the entire country in entirely sunk in the cesspit of corruption. It will take nothing short of a revolutionary event to pull us out.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Toktee(m): 11:53am On Jul 05, 2012
[quote author=jammer777]

U just made a point which can be valid and as well be rubished legally. What if Lawan was wearing a tape/video recorder @ dat moment too? He will just release it to suport his claims of wanting to expose Femi. I even have a feeling dat he has a mechanical evidence against Femi but as @ now which can't be used due to the support he drummed dat Zenon should be expunged from the list there by making it void. The time space he allowed to expose Femi was too much and MAYBE that event thanx bro
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by donigspain(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2012
Toktee: common sense should also tell you that,at the point of the arrest nobdy would have care to know weather he want to exposed otedola or not,the topic would have been,lawan caught redhanded no gudge would have save him,but by following the other way,the money is gone,otedola is guilty of the same offence.ewu
GBAGUAN MASTER
Your brain (if you had any), by default, should've reminded you that Otedola's Zenon is still in the report (as at the time of the imaginary 'red-handed' arrest) and thus, FL's claims of being on a 'private sting operation' would've exonerated him.
QUESTION:
Would u have imagined the House approving the instant removal of a name indicted on a many months investigative report?
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2012
donigspain: @Demdem, Yes, my line of argument conotes that am still uncertain if Otedola invited/contacted the SSS before the sting operation since the SSS is yet to make a public stance on Otedola's claims.

Thank you for accepting this fact. To u its not important but in the law court it could be the only thing that will render the whole case upside down. if the court finds out that otedola contacted SSS after the whole saga, new lines or argument will come to play. How i wish and hope he did contacted them at the beginning

Despite the afore, one thing we can't take away from Otedola is the fact that he is wise (cunning, crafty) enough to have evidence(s) to his favour. What difference does it make whether it's a joint sting operation between Otedola and the SSS or a solo sting operation of Otedola? The fact is that Otedola has got evidence(s) while Farouk has none!
Evidence surpasses all things in the court of law.

Well very easy to say to us non-learned like the lawyers always say. Let me paint a possible scenario:

Assuming we have a willing bribe giver in Otedola who promises to give farook an amount of money with promise of taking his companies names out.farook agreed and collected part payment not knowing that otedola has a video nearby doing the neccessary havoc. of cos farook did his own part of the bargain and otedollar felt well he isnt ready to part with the rest. he agreed to punish farook for even asking him money. he utilizes the security apparatus at his disposal (remember, SSS are daily guards for Otedollar) and gave them those recordings. farook is guilty no doubt but does this suggest that Otedollar is innocent? I doubt this. I agree he is a cunning and crafty man but sounds like a criminal to me also.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2012
Redstone: Well, Keyamo said it all.

One thing we must understand here is that our attentions have been shifted from the outcome of the fuel subsidy probe and its implementation to mere reading of opinions and listening to recorded tapes on the net and TV between Farcrook and Oted$$ola.

One fact we must understand is that Otedollar only played smart in this game, he was the smart one, but he should not forget that Nigerians are not fools.

I see a man who played smart in order or in an attempt to clear himself of the guilt. It is obvious that Farcrook took bribe, but it is very important to clear something here. Otedolla claims he was pressured to give bribe, Farcrook claims Otedollars offered bribe so that his company name could be removed from the list of indicted companies.

Now who do we believe BIG Question for all of us.

Logically, the idea behind bribe scandals is always that the offender offers bribe in order to get cleared of a crime, If this is correct, between Farcrook and Otedollar, whose company is being investigated in the fuel subsidy saga

The one who is being investigated obviously will be the one to initiate bribe offering. Farcrook is weak minded and gullible to have fallen for this trap.

Now, Otedolla is telling Nigerians that he was pressured offer the bribe. He now wants to play the injured party.

this is jus a diversionary game, Nigerians, shine your eyes oooooooo.

Both Farcrook and Zenon boss have lots of question to answer.

The money has to be retrieved, let's all see how this unfolds.

You missed the part that Zenon Petroleum do not import PMS and the Probe was against PMS importers. Why would Otedola offer to bribe the committee to remove their false claims? From my understanding, his name was only put there to extort him. They have the power to turn the masses against you by just putting your name there. For instance, how everyone is bent on the fact that Otedola took FX to import PMS using Zenon when Zenon don't import PMS.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
jigawatts:

Well, as a smart Nigerian, I think Otedollar decided to hold copies of d recordings to himself so dat SSS won't try any rubbish at late hour.... U know SSS can decide not to make d recordings public, BUT by keeping copies, It will be hard for SSS to turn d table around to protect Farouk Lawan ...... If dats d case, then once again ..... Otedollar outsmarted dem all ..... I mite be wrong tho

i doubt this also my bro. if truly is a string operation by SSS, gadgets used and recordings are owned by the SSS. Why should a private individual demand copies? is this how its being done? is that the normal standard practice? if he doesnt trust the SSS in the first place then why calling them to rescue him from farook's alleged blackmail. Why does he just go ahead and make the copies himsef without involving the SSS? he could have done that and i am sure it will be admissable in the law court.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by nduchucks: 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
IgweAni:

The last time i checked, Facrook son of Lawan is still a PDP legiislootor. Adamu!

No one can read your mind. If you are not bright enough to express yourself succinctly, stay the fck off my posts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Sanusi Still Better Than Soludo? / Fayose Harbours Thugs In Government House Who Rob And Kidnap At Night – APC / Dignitaries At Ndigbo Summit On Restructuring In Awka (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.