Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo (14193 Views)

Festus Keyamo Tweet On Fuel Scarcity During GEJ's Administration / The Death Of Prince Abubakar Audu And The Legal Implications By Festus Keyamo / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 1:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
IgweAni:

The audio is no more an evidence just because Facrook claimed it was doctored or not his voice abi?

Nop, i didnt say that boy. what u and i heard, i doubt if it can be admissible for the mere fact that it wasnt complete and some other details as stated by the police force

The Force Headquarters stated that the audio recording, which was relayed on Monday by the private TV station, was not enough evidence to prosecute Lawan.
Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, who spoke on the relay of the audio recording in Abuja on Tuesday, asked for the full video component of the recording which should start from the beginning of its recording.

Have u forgotten that the same Facrook claimed the video was a caricature of him? Why make such statement if he had not seen the video?

yes the mallam said that and most likely a lie like i said earlier but why hasnt this so called video gotten to the police? So otedollar went to the force headquarters without these videos and the SSS havent even surrendered it. are there more to the contents in this video they are are trying to hide?

And mind you that was after several denials of ever collecting money from Otedola which he later agreed to after seeing the caricature of himself as he chose to call it.

yes the Mallam said he didnt collect bribe but he collected money to nail Otedollar. The onus is on farook to substantiate his claims.

Facrook is a lieing dimwit. In as much as Otedola is a sheddy bizman, in this case he got Facrook by the balls.

farook is a Liar, i agree completely but does this makes otedollar not culpable, this i doubt.

Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
alexola20: The Farouk and Otedola thing is really a distraction.What happened with the trillion naira lost in oil subsidy and who are the culprits?
This is all a game!sorry for 9ja.all man ll eventually "ja" to '9" when the time comes.

exactly and only the wise will be able to decode this.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by logica(m): 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2012
alexola20: The Farouk and Otedola thing is really a distraction.What happened with the trillion naira lost in oil subsidy and who are the culprits?
This is all a game!sorry for 9ja.all man ll eventually "ja" to '9" when the time comes.
You are stating the obvious here. But who is to blame for Farouk trying to extort a bribe in the first place? Unfortunately he has put the probe into disrepute.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by dougivilla(m): 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2012
Xolokristo: Excellent analysis by Bar. Keyamo
Pls all those supporting Facrook should come and tell us if there are any lapses to this piece!
Lets not be fooled by this comic distraction. Where is our =N=2.1 unapropraited subsidy money? At what stage is d probe report now? What kind of sting operation is this that only Ote$ has d audio and video evidences n is choosing what, when, where n how they r released. Hw com d sss has not confirmed being a part of d sting? Who provided d $3million 4 d op n where is d bal of d marked money now? Who authorized an individual to carry dat volume of cash in dis cashless regime? Why is d sss a supposed partner reportedly now footdragging n frustrating d investigation? An insult 2 d National assembly is an insult 2 us all. And by d way, when did Ote$ become a reformer? Otedola n co abeg vomit our subsidy money or ...
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

I already answered most of the questions you are asking. For instance,

Ques: Why shouldnt he be doing that with conjuction with the police? if Farook is to go to jail then he must.

Ans: The whole investigation might be jeopardize involving the police. When all evidences are gathered, then you can hand them over to the police.

if the investigation is ongoing by the SSS then why the leakage to press and conclusive stance from them? why cant those in power simply ask the police to hands off at least for now pending further "string" results? Is it now that the whole thing is blown in the open that their so called "string" operation with farook to bring in more evidences will come? Bro, this isnt flying at all. As far as i am concerned for now, "string" is over and they have gathered whatever they can so give all the evidences to the police and lets start criminal proceedings. Simple.

Ques: No one is doubting that, however no one can confidently say that it hasnt been altered also and i doubt if what we all heard will be admissible in court. It would have been wonderful if the SSS had submitted both the Full Audio and video to the police and case will move to overdrive

Ans: The first answer explains it.

Likeise I

Assumption: I dont think so, i think he has a lot he is covering which is much more that what he is ready to release for the whole world

Ans: No evidence backs your claims that his is covering everything. From day one his story has not changed. His evidences are being released systematically and is convincing people in phases that the FARCROOK guy is FARLY CROOKED.

And no evidence suggests also that he isnt also hiding something. remember that we are dealing with a smart man here. releasing partial audio evidences when Farouk's lawyers are asking him to release the whole is enough to raise eyes brow. His refusal to release the video to police is another suspect. the refusal of the SSS to cooperate with police is also discomforting. if they dont want the Police then they should be told pointblank to stay clear from the case.

Assumption: yes a lot of them are corrupt but these are institutions that are backed by the constitution and we have to live with them for now. they are a reflection of the general populace. Otedollar cant because of these not work with them

Ans: Are you saying if you have a legal alternative of proving your case right, you will go through a corrupt procedure because the constitution says so?

Can u also conclusively tell me the the SSS is devoid of corruption? IMO they are simply better but corrupt peeps still exist in the service. deal with that.

Declaration: Then let the SSS commence criminal proceedings on farook immediately.

Ans: The way it has played out so far has exposed a lot already, why ruin the wonderful drama that no script writer or Novel writer can put together be ruined in a hurry to proceed immediately. Let the whole HOUSE OF CROOKS be exposed first so we will know that their AYE is BullPi.ss. wink cheesy grin

From day one of this scandal, we were told that there was video, there was audio and farook collected marked money organised by SSS. What other major new thing do we know? as long as the main culprits arent in court or in jail, i think its simply a waste and diversionary measure from the govt.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by westpumpin(m): 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
Faroukgate needs to be castrated, otedollar pls expose dem all
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by love4ual: 1:49pm On Jul 05, 2012
this same man is still walking about free...........save nigeria group where are they............i will argue it to the last...there is no hope for nigeria.......
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by emmykk(m): 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
Otedola vs farouk :consequence of dis chiness film
1.farouk cannot contest b kano govnor again
2.Now Difficult for house members to collect bribe-oho farouk spoil our format
3.etteh don laff tire
for.obj go say i 4 used dz 4 my 3rd term that fail.pls make una add more
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by logica(m): 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

IMO, this is purely a Otedollar operation initially and the SSS was put in the picture
This too is stating the obvious. What does the fact that he informed the SSS mean to you?

If you are trying to claim that he informed the SSS after the fact, then use a bit of logic and explain the point at which the marked dollar bills came into the picture. Could he have gotten marked bills from the SSS if they had not been involved before the whole saga was captured on audio and video? Or could he have gotten the bills after the recording? Which makes more sense?

The only thing you can then claim is that there were no marked bills; which I suspect would have been debunked by the SSS if they didn't indeed provide.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2012
logica: This too is stating the obvious. What does the fact that he informed the SSS mean to you?

If you are trying to claim that he informed the SSS after the fact, then use a bit of logic and explain the point at which the marked dollar bills came into the picture. Could he have gotten marked bills from the SSS if they had not been involved before the whole saga was captured on audio and video?

The only thing you can then claim is that there were no marked bills; which I suspect would have been debunked by the SSS if they didn't indeed provide.

i feel u. but the SSS isnt even saying anything at least for now. have not heard them say anything about this case either. the SSS has a choice of keeping mute especially if its in the interest of the govt of the day. this is possible.
no marked bills may mean they were not involved or otedola told them late which may therby rubbish Otedola's testimony
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by kioboy(m): 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hi nairalanders, u guys shld plssss pardon farouk lawan, though he hv admited collecting the money (not bribe o) he intended to use it judiciously for PDP and actualise his dream of becoming the next governor of kano state (largest state in nigeria according to baba census o) and the cost of running for governorship position in nigeria is too high. So farcrouk is asking for all your understandin cos he thought dat otedollar ws a man of his word, dat wil keep his mouth shut bt he ws in a hurry to make quick cash dat he forgot himself. Abeg make una no vex too much, lets pardon him for d sake of our great party PDP.

All this are completely nonesense to me. I dnt knw where we are heading to as a nation if we cannot find just one man, just one man to knw hw important dat probe is.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by dougivilla(m): 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
donigspain: @Demdem, Yes, my line of argument conotes that am still uncertain if Otedola invited/contacted the SSS before the sting operation since the SSS is yet to make a public stance on Otedola's claims. Despite the afore, one thing we can't take away from Otedola is the fact that he is wise (cunning, crafty) enough to have evidence(s) to his favour. What difference does it make whether it's a joint sting operation between Otedola and the SSS or a solo sting operation of Otedola? The fact is that Otedola has got evidence(s) while Farouk has none!
Evidence surpasses all things in the court of law.
Thats just it jawe! But why did they wait dis long 2 start talking. Keyamo, efcc lawyer that is yet 2 succesful prosecute a single high profile case now an Ote$ spokesman? Why shuld i not believe efcc leaked Farouk's complaint to Ote$ which snowballed into dis melodrama?
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by dougivilla(m): 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2012
donigspain: @Demdem, Yes, my line of argument conotes that am still uncertain if Otedola invited/contacted the SSS before the sting operation since the SSS is yet to make a public stance on Otedola's claims. Despite the afore, one thing we can't take away from Otedola is the fact that he is wise (cunning, crafty) enough to have evidence(s) to his favour. What difference does it make whether it's a joint sting operation between Otedola and the SSS or a solo sting operation of Otedola? The fact is that Otedola has got evidence(s) while Farouk has none!
Evidence surpasses all things in the court of law.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by jammer777: 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

am i to be blamde if u have refused to used ur brain and not letting crooks in power play on ur stupidity. as it is now, both Otedollar and Farook have serious issues and of cos more on the side of farook, that doesnt make Otedollar a lesser criminal

Despite ur seemingly brainy contributions, ur abusive nature must have pissed enuff ppl off merely by sighthing ur block letters. Maturity is not in saying big things but rather understanding small things. One love bruva...
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by edicolove: 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
After reading keyamo's post, I am tempted to believe Keyamo read my posts in the last 2 days. I did say very clearly that

1. The money is not necessary to prove anything in court

2. The biggest piece of evidence is not the video and audio in Otedola's possession but the video of Farouk defending Otedola on the floor of the house. That sealed the case. That established motive. That established guilt. That also debunked any claim by Farouk that he was indeed trying to do a sting. And that is the reason why the SSS didn't have to arrest Farouk on site. He could have claimed anything afterwards and even if he wouldn't win in court, he would have won in the court of public opinion because Otedola doesn't have a good public image. He had a lot of that then.

Otedola was neat and proffesional. I duff my hat for him. He is looking as clean as a baby's bottom jusdt after bath. Lol

1 Like

Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by myola(m): 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
logica:
Who doesn't know we don't have a Police Force? If you are going to use the views of the Nigerian Police then I cannot take you seriously. It is clear that in saner climes, the Police would request for the evidence from who ever has possession and then take it from there.

Normally I should be able to record a crime and present the evidence to the Police to act (as a concerned citizen even without the aid of any law enforcement authorities). For instance look at the case against R Kelly whose purported video was found online. Even though he was eventually cleared, he was prosecuted on the strength of the evidence. But will this work in Nigeria? Get real please.

I think otedola had d duplicate and released d original to the police which police refused to act upon, when u are dealing with police u should deal with dem as if u are dealing with devil, ur spoon must be very long. Can u trust police not to collect ur evidence and tear it into pieces, lock you up and claim u are d criminal. It because otedola is influential that is we are hearing ds.

1 Like

Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by edicolove: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2012
Honestly, some of the comments I have read here is so hilarious, I have been having a laugh all day. Let's hear them:

1. "The audio is not conclusive, therefore it cannot be administered as evidence in court"

So what is supposed to make it conclusive? Good morning or Eka ro or what? The issue is that a man collected bribe. That issue is captured in the audio. What else will a judge be asking for?

2. "The audio is doctored"

Wow! You know that how? Have you analyzed it on a spectrometer or pitch detection machine or what? Or you are saying that because farouk says so? If Farouk claims that in court, they will simply bring in foreign forensic guys from scotland yard to analyze it. Its that simply. But again, they might not need to do that because Farouk has already agreed to collecting the money.

3. "This is arranged to distract us from the subsidy report. Where is our 1.7 trillion"

Is it the same subsidy report compiled by farouk or you are refering to another one? If you have a staff in your office give you a financial report about your organisation and the next day, that staff is caught stealing from the company, are you going to run back to the office to implement his report? Do you guys even reason before you type? You are even quoting figures from the report. Doctored figures? That report is as credible as Farouk Lawan. Implementing that report means you are saying Farouk is innocent. At best, a new probe has to happen and a new report has to be done.

4. "Otedola has something to hide"

The man says put the cameras on me. I wanna sing a hit! The guy is asking for the opportunity to release a chart bursting single man! From where I stand, I don't see him hiding. He is rearing to go.

2 Likes

Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by drstone1: 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2012
gbogboti:

My brother, I tire o. One man representing a whole federal constituency for 12years. Ikorodu people of Lagos needs to be asked the same question o. Abike Dabiri in House of Reps for 12years. Guys you need to see Ikorodu federal constituency. The federal road linking sagamu is worst than a death-trap. Yet she keeps louding her mouth on diasporal affairs. Rubbish! Farouk, you need to be beheaded. Shikena!
Are You a Boko HAram yourself, why is this Beheading treatment seeming so appealing to you!!
Better proceedures are available in saner climes both to recover the money, punish and correct the wrong doing and probably recruit Mr Farook in the near future to help us nail other Crooks like himself by giving us the tricks of the game and how most of them think.
I am afraid when you behead him, you will have lost all that. And should farook read this your statement(On Nairaland) and believe in its reality, He could commit suicide to end the humiliation presently. The guy could still be useful in the Near future.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2012
jammer777:

Despite ur seemingly brainy contributions, ur abusive nature must have pissed enuff ppl off merely by sighthing ur block letters. Maturity is not in saying big things but rather understanding small things. One love bruva...

take a look at his previous post to me and u will see that he threw the first punch. i have been consciously civil on this thread. I cant make peeps read my contributions, its a choice.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by kalufelix(m): 3:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
Looong tin!
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2012
myola:

I think otedola had d duplicate and released d original to the police which police refused to act upon, when u are dealing with police u should deal with dem as if u are dealing with devil, ur spoon must be very long. Can u trust police not to collect ur evidence and tear it into pieces, lock you up and claim u are d criminal. It because otedola is influential that is we are hearing ds.

i disagree. otedollar wants farook to go to jail and the institution who may facilitate this is being undermined by the complainant. If its the same audio we all heard that the police has then i agree with the police that its bullshit. why do u have to give them partial evidence in form of an uncompleted audio? why havent u even given them the Video? why is SSS not cooperating with the police? there is absolutely no way otedollar will give them something and the police will tamper with it in farouk's favour. remember that the source itself is Otedollar. besides Otedollar isnt an ordinary citizen that can just be locked up and claimed to be the culprit, u know that isnt possible.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by ohlala1: 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2012
Fact is that most of the comments here are coloured with preconceived hatred for Farouk or Otedola.

Even Keyamo, we know has been having a running battle with the House and is biased even before Charges are filed.

Nothing will come out of this. This is how it is done sadly here. The police saddled with the responsibilities of prosecution says it hasn't gotten enough evidence and some one here are manufacturing evidence for the police. if you know the forces at play in this saga you will weep for your country.

As usual GEJ will take the heat weather the Police does its job or not. If Farouk is let off the hook, GEJ takes the rap. The only escape for GEJ is if Farouk is jailed and that prospect requires balls which the system lacks.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Stkingsley(m): 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2012
I want to ask, why are Nigerians like dis? and why are Nairalanders like dis? Dis report from Keyamo, is it an original article typed in here by a member? or did he type it down on Nairaland personally for us to argue or comment? Am asking this, because i have noticed anybody looking for a car to buy, a loan to get or even a girlfriend posts it here, and even those looking for work or business posts it here too. Am saying this because, i noticed in the dailies of Monday, Chief Mike Ozekhome, has been contracted by Facrook to defend him, and he has actually started his work. This article from Keyamo smears of somebody who needs a job from Ote$. In any case, i think he shd be bold enough to approach the man and tell him so. Why am i saying this? Even a blind man can see that to Keyamo Facrook is guilty, guilty n guilty, while Otedola (is a Saint) who has worked according to d dictates of good citizenry, undermining dat d law frowns at both d giver n taker of bribes. To Keyamo, Otedola ddnt give a bribe, bt merely played along wit d SSS who marked d dollar. Whether Facrook feels a doctored evidence is being released or not, d 1st conversation showed Otedola was in an aircraft, and i am asking my fellow Nairalanders, WAS OTEDOLA TAKING THE WHOLE $620,000 TO CHINA? or wherever he was travelling to then? because, ACCORDING TO THAT CONVERSATION, Facrook was called up by Otedola to come for d money. What if Facrook ddnot send TJ, will he have travelled wt d money? At d other point, he said HE CANNOT KEEP SUCH MONEY AT HOME, but he can take it to airport aboard an aircraft.

Guys, we are all Nigerians. If SSS were privy of this matter as is being claimed, am sure, trust Nigerian Police, they will swing into action in search of those MARKED dollar bills. We all have established that both FACROOK N OTEDOLA ARE THIEVES here, let no job/brief-seeking lawyer become d judge at d same time. Please, we are watching.... I have noticed in NAIRALAND, that the person who reports a case first, is always d innocent man. Pls, dis shd not be so. Until d full trial starts, we cannot say for sure how dis thing happened.

For those castigating d National Assemblies (closed trial) and citing the subsidy era in January, am sure we also remember there were a lot of closed door meetings between House of Reps and the Labour Congress. Pls, lets keep straight mind on this issue, knowing that d two pple have defaulted and we shall all learn of d outcome sooner or later, but d no. 1 priority is DONT ALLOW THIS TO BURY THE FUEL SUBSIDY PROBE REPORT, which is d main intention of this whole saga
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
@ Post

The whereabouts of the $620K bribe money is irrelevant in establishing guilt in this case. The taker of the marked dollars had admitted in front of TV cameras in a televised press conference that he collected the money. This is enough to convict him. The law says admission of guilt establishes guilt. The police have video tapes showing him stuffing dollar bills in his cap and babanriga. Why would he do that if he had nothing to hide or the wads were ordinary paper as some have posited? This is also enough to convince a judge or jury of his guilt.

At first he denied ever seeing any money or even meeting Otedola but has changed his story after learning of their taped meetings. He claims he handed over the money to Hon. Adams Jagaba but cannot prove it. He who claims must prove. Otedola's story has remained consistent and backed up by proof and circumstantial evidence. Lawan has been singing different tunes as more evidence hit the public sphere. The prima facie piece of evidence is Lawan clearing Zenon of alleged wrongdoing on the House floor few hours after collecting the bribe money. This contradicts his narrative that he played along in order to "expose" Otedola.

If I was a judge or juror, I would vote to convict!
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
the only issue i have against the house report is the various lists of indicted people and organization. Efforts should be made in making sure these parts of the report is thoroughly looked into again and make sure that org arent indicted wrongfully, besides that the report still dey Kampe and the house is right by sticking to their report. Security agents are expected to implement so they should do further investigation. How can someone in his right senses say Farookgate influenced these exclusives from the report

2. We found out that the subsidy regime, as operated between the period under review (2009 and 2011), were fraught with endemic corruption and entrenched inefficiency. Much of the amount claimed to have been paid as subsidy was actually not for consumed PMS. Government officials made nonsense of the PSF Guidelines due mainly to sleaze and, in some other cases, incompetence. It is therefore apparent that the insistence by top Government officials that the subsidy figures was for products consumed was a clear attempt to mislead the Nigerian people.

3. Thus, contrary to the earlier official figure of subsidy payment of N1.3 Trillion, the Accountant-General of the Federation put forward a figure of N1.6 Trillion, the CBN N1.7 Trillion, while the Committee established subsidy payment of N2,587.087 Trillion as at 31st December, 2011, amounting to more than 900% over the appropriated sum of N245 Billion. This figure of N2, 587.087Trillion is based on the CBN figure of N844.944b paid to NNPC, in addition to another figure of N847.942b reflected as withdrawals by NNPC from the excess crude naira account, as well as the sum of N894.201b paid as subsidy to the Marketers. The figure of N847.942b quoted above strongly suggests that NNPC might have been withdrawing from two sources especially when the double withdrawals were also reflected both in 2009 and in 2010.
However, it should be noted that as at the time the public hearing was concluded, there were outstanding claims by NNPC and the Marketers in excess of N270billion as subsidy payments for 2011.
Whereas the mandate of the Committee was necessitated by the removal of subsidy, the Committee found out that subsidy payment on kerosene formed an Integra part of the total sum.

4. On its part, NNPC was found not to be accountable to any body or authority. The Corporation, in 2011, processed payment of N310.4 Billion as 2009 – 2011 arrears of subsidy on Kerosene, contrary to a Presidential Directive which removed subsidy on Kerosene in 2009. The Corporation also processed for itself, direct deduction of subsidy payment from amounts it received from other operations such as joint venture before paying the balance to the Federation Account, thereby depleting the shares of States and Local Governments from the distributable pool. Worse still, the direct deduction in 2011 alone, which amounted to N847.942 Billion, was effected without any provision in the Appropriation Act.

13. With regards to the 445,000 bpd allocation to NNPC , the Committee believes that with the current refining capacity of 53% and the SWAP/Offshore processing arrangement of the balance of 47%, it is sufficient to provide the nation with the following products:
a. 40 Million Litres Per Day (MLPD) of PMS,
b. 10 MLPD of Kerosene (HHK)
c. 8.97 MLPD of Diesel (AGO) ,
d. 0.62 MLPD of LPG and
e. 2.31 MLPD of FO
It is only AGO whose average daily consumption of 12 million Litres per day will not be achieved in full. Since AGO has been deregulated, other marketers can make up for the 3.03 MLPD AGO shortfalls. The implication of this finding is that if NNPC properly manages the allocation of 445 bpd efficiently, the availability of the products can be achieved by the NNPC alone. This contrasts the situation where in 2009-2011 NNPC got the daily allocation of 445,000bpd and the nation still had to import through Marketers.
Curiously, although NNPC confirmed that it makes some savings of about =N= 11.00 per litre refining locally than import, it could not be established that the Corporation reflects this cost differential in its claims to subsidy.

etc.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
oh-lala:
Fact is that most of the comments here are coloured with preconceived hatred for Farouk or Otedola.

Even Keyamo, we know has been having a running battle with the House and is biased even before Charges are filed.

Nothing will come out of this. This is how it is done sadly here. The police saddled with the responsibilities of prosecution says it hasn't gotten enough evidence and some one here are manufacturing evidence for the police. if you know the forces at play in this saga you will weep for your country.

As usual GEJ will take the heat weather the Police does its job or not. If Farouk is let off the hook, GEJ takes the rap. The only escape for GEJ is if Farouk is jailed and that prospect requires balls which the system lacks.

do u mean a system beyond and much more powerful than our President? abi na CABAL again? i thouht the CABALs want farook in jail
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by ohlala1: 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2012
kalokalo: @ Post

The whereabouts of the $620K bribe money is irrelevant in establishing guilt in this case. The taker of the marked dollars had admitted in front of TV cameras in a televised press conference that he collected the money. This is enough to convict him. The law says admission of guilt establishes guilt. The police have video tapes showing him stuffing dollar bills in his cap and babanriga. Why would he do that if he had nothing to hide or the wads were ordinary paper as some have posited? This is also enough to convince a judge or jury of his guilt. At first he denied ever seeing any money or even meeting Otedola but has changed his story after learning of their taped meetings. He claims he handed over the money to Hon. Adams Jagaba but cannot prove it. He who claims must prove. Otedola's story has remained consistent and backed up by proof and circumstantial evidence. Lawan has been singing different tunes as more evidence hit the public sphere.

If I was a judge or juror, I would vote to convict!

My bro cool down. The so called back and forth of Farouk is it before the court as we speak? I doubt if it is even before the Police. Evidence will be lead afresh in court irrespective of what is currently in the public domain.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by ohlala1: 3:34pm On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

do u mean a system beyond and much more powerful than our President? abi na CABAL again? i thouht the CABALs want farook in jail

The system is the polity - you and I, the Police, the Almighty party and the general rot.
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2012
oh-lala:

The system is the polity - you and I, the Police, the Almighty party and the general rot.

In my own little way i am effecting changes in my community but its simply ignorable ( though i continue) in the midst of severe rot so sir i disagree i am among. The most effective way we can experience is from top to bottom. Until this is done, there is no hope. Is it a president that told me on live TV that he doesnt give a damn about his citizens that will effect the desired change? i dont think so, and that leaves us in our present rot
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by ohlala1: 3:46pm On Jul 05, 2012
Demdem:

In my own little way i am effecting changes in my community but its simply ignorable ( though i continue) in the midst of severe rot so sir i disagree i am among. The most effective way we can experience is from top to bottom. Until this is done, there is no hope. Is it a president that told me on live TV that he doesnt give a damn about his citizens that will effect the desired change? i dont think so, and that leaves us in our present rot

The most laughable thing is that if people were to March on the streets demanding that the Police prosecutes the matter in court, some will see it as an attempt to bring down "their brother's government".
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Demdem(m): 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2012
oh-lala:

The most laughable thing is that if people were to March on the streets demanding that the Police prosecutes the matter in court, some will see it as an attempt to bring down "their brother's government".

The Force Headquarters stated that the audio recording, which was relayed on Monday by the private TV station, was not enough evidence to prosecute Lawan.

Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, who spoke on the relay of the audio recording in Abuja on Tuesday, asked for the full video component of the recording which should start from the beginning of its recording.

On why it is taking the police too long to conclude investigation, Mba stressed that with the evidence so far obtained, it would amount to a waste of time and public resources to rush to court.

He said, “You just don’t rush to court for the fun of charging people to court. That is why courts are congested and that is why we don’t make progress. It does not make sense. It is unproductive; it is a waste of public resource.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/no-evidence-yet-to-prosecute-lawan-police/
Re: Farouk V Otedola - By Festus Keyamo by Genius100: 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2012
Nigerians are indeed i-diots. In this whole situation, Otedola has done absolutely nothing wrong. He set Farouk up and got him very good. Keyamo's article is 100% correct. The only suspiscion I have about Otedola is that the FG or another body up there put him up to the whole thing to scuttle the House report on the subsidy issue. I suspect the FG because of the involvement of the SSS and because the FG have set up another body to look at the issue. Yesterday, the AG said the people indicted in the house subsidy report will not be prosecuted. So I suspect the FG was behind this whole deal but that does not change the fact that Farouk and most of the legislooters are thieves...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dasuki Lied, Shunned Arms Probe Panel’s Invitation –presidency / Buhari Group Calls For Removal Of Chris Akomas From RMAFC / No Single Fulani Leader Was Questioned By El-Rufai Despite Killings –SOKAPU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.