Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,184 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day (16993 Views)

Journalists In Tipper Truck For Ghana’s 59th Independence Day / Happy Independence Day America! USA Celebrates Its 238th Independence Day! / Israeli Group Launches Anti-Islam Campaign on U.S Public Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by maigaskiya1: 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
brightleave: some dey abroad dey repair nigeria, while some dey nigeria dey scatter the country
my man wat did u mean sence wen did joing d us military trun buildng nija.d young man hs undastod dia is no hope 4 hm in nija he tok hs faith nd besides joing dia military is nt lv 4d us bt greener pastrues,so get dat into ur head
kwajahafiz:
Why is it that every time a Yoruba person is
In the news here the ibos post their pics and start talking
About how ugly the yorubas look?.
This boy is a good looking boy. Yes he looks like
A Yoruba . But he ain't that ugly , ok so the yorubas are not good
Looking people. So what?.
brightleave: some dey abroad dey repair nigeria, while some dey nigeria dey scatter the country
my man wat did u mean sence wen did joing d us military trun buildng nija.d young man hs undastod dia is no hope 4 hm in nija he tok hs faith nd besides joing dia military is nt lv 4d us bt greener pastrues,so get dat into ur head o boy wrong its d yorucs dat alwas developng rung stomachs nd diohariea of d mouth wen ever an ibo makes d news.ibos re nt jealous bt jealousy nd cheap gosips run in d dna of an average yoruba
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by Tonyblinky(m): 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
I want to go too,abeg make una link me wit tosin.abeg wel wel
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by maigaskiya1: 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2012
my man wat did u mean sence wen did joing d us military trun buildng nija.d young man hs undastod dia is no hope 4 hm in nija he tok hs faith nd besides joing dia military is nt lv 4d us bt greener pastrues,so get dat into ur head
~Bluetooth:

This guy will be an asset for odua republic just like Adekunle red scorpion.
my man wat did u mean sence wen did joing d us military trun buildng nija.d young man hs undastod dia is no hope 4 hm in nija he tok hs faith nd besides joing dia military is nt lv 4d us bt greener pastrues,so get dat into ur head una don prepare
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
Can u imagine? What kind of human being are u? Must u always be a killjoy?nawa for u

ifihearam: Hmmmmm
Tosin so you cannot make a difference here in Nigeria abi?
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
i am simply amazed by the comments castigating the poor chap. perhaps Obama should also have stayed in Kenya to make a difference? ALL those black men outside africa should relocate to africa ASAP to "make a difference"

make a difference where? in nigeria? since when did nigeria start recognizing excellence? Do you people value hard work and honour?

Are the valued members of the nigerian society not the thieves, the vagabonds and unqualified? do you not glorify mediocrity? ARE YOUR LEADERS QUALIFIED TO RULE YOU?

The chap went to a society that values a man's contributions and honours excellence! but you castigate him for it?

So he should have tried to gain admission into NDA? do you have any idea how difficult that is when you don't know somebody somewhere? will he not have to deal with quota system?
does the NDA even admit on merit? where is meritocracy valued in this country?

even if he had joined NDA, would he have had the opportunity to excel? WOULD HE HAVE BEEN RECOGNISED AS PRIMUS INTER PARES?

its funny you folks were not advancing this view when you were all arguing that the Lagos doctors should go abroad to work na? shebi they decided to "make a difference" here

[size=18pt]EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY, HAVE YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE YOURSELF IN NIGERIA? HAVE YOU BEEN RECOGNIZED FOR IT?[/size]

before pointing afinger, make sure you are in a position to talk and castigate.

i can only wish the fellow well.

4 Likes

Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2012
4llerbuntu: i am simply amazed by the comments castigating the poor chap. perhaps Obama should also have stayed in Kenya to make a difference? ALL those black men outside africa should relocate to africa ASAP to "make a difference"

make a difference where? in nigeria? since when did nigeria start recognizing excellence? Do you people value hard work and honour?

Are the valued members of the nigerian society not the thieves, the vagabonds and unqualified? do you not glorify mediocrity? ARE YOUR LEADERS QUALIFIED TO RULE YOU?

The chap went to a society that values a man's contributions and honours excellence! but you castigate him for it?

So he should have tried to gain admission into NDA? do you have any idea how difficult that is when you don't know somebody somewhere? will he not have to deal with quota system?

even if he had joined NDA, would he have had the opportunity to excel? WOULD HE HAVE BEEN RECOGNISED AS PRIMUS INTER PARES?

its funny you folks were not advancing this view when you were all arguing that the Lagos doctors should go abroad to work na? shebi they decided to "make a difference" here

[size=18pt]EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY, HAVE YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE YOURSELF IN NIGERIA? HAVE YOU BEEN RECOGNIZED FOR IT?[/size]

Glad to see a non puerile post!
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
KINGwax: PEE of CEE dude, historians say, 'history alwys repeats itself'. Mayb na your grandfad for village dey tell u dt one. because he don dey tell you tales by moonlight u don turn am to great historian abi? Guy, commot jö!
u must be a secondary student, i talk to highly intelligent folks dude! Come to talk of my grandfada, he also study history in Singapore. Na your papa deh village way deh farm. Old fool, go to school.
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
timmy1999: Tosin was my classmate in high school in bariga..he went to usa in 1999 and join the military later..but he don forget us now..anyway sha..best of luck

hahahaha..person wey don forget you teh teh? Abegi grin
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by yemmight(m): 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
cdoffx:
i doubt if you even understand what you typed. represent good tribe.so which tribe is the bad tribe and besides na olympics he go do.
NB before you insult whatever tribe you would have thought i'm from. i'm a typical omo Yoruba

Oponu.
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by DoctorMcgruff: 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2012
Kaii see bad belle!
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by AlhajiPastor: 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2012
dey there dey argue, ur if i count una age, you people are even older than this boy. u better stop all these childish nonsense and improve ur own life
mai gaskiya: my man wat did u mean sence wen did joing d us military trun buildng nija.d young man hs undastod dia is no hope 4 hm in nija he tok hs faith nd besides joing dia military is nt lv 4d us bt greener pastrues,so get dat into ur head my man wat did u mean sence wen did joing d us military trun buildng nija.d young man hs undastod dia is no hope 4 hm in nija he tok hs faith nd besides joing dia military is nt lv 4d us bt greener pastrues,so get dat into ur head o boy wrong its d yorucs dat alwas developng rung stomachs nd diohariea of d mouth wen ever an ibo makes d news.ibos re nt jealous bt jealousy nd cheap gosips run in d dna of an average yoruba
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by linearity: 2:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
Shankboye: C me see wahala, hundreds of nigerian are joinin d military everyday here in d state, just because of citizenship, 2weeks after u join, u will become a citizen but d repercurssion is dat ur next assignment will be in iraq..I will rather wait 3yrs and get my citizenship dan joining d military...mtchew

It is only active-duty or discharged (discharged with honorable or General) US military immigrates that are eligible for citizenship on day one...i.e. if you have at least one day of active-duty service eg Iran, Afghanistan, or any war or conflict zones, you are eligible to apply for US citizenship.

If you are an active US military with no duty in a war zone, you have to wait one year to be eligible for US Citizen. President Bush made this amended during the Iraq war...and you can find all the relevant info at Section 328 of the US Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952.

So contrary to your assertions, this guy must have either served in a war zone or must have waited one year before becoming a citizen and not 2 weeks.
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by MumaBee: 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
joejeezy: Shame on him, so he can't fulfill his destiny in naija, hw many americans are in the nigerian army?...#smh#

Na d Nija training and Benefit is d sametin wit USA, u beta open ur sense.
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by kiyosaki1(m): 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2012
No matter how hard the poor guy tried he will always be playing second fiddle in a foreign land.And to join another countries army is the greatest undoing someone can do to his country. let us even look at it in this way, in the event of war between the US and Nigeria, on whose side will that traitor bear his allegiance .All those praising him are too blind to fully analysed the situation on ground ,the guy can be term as a traitor and his Nigeria citizen status be suspended
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by sammirano: 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2012
I no fit come go die for US army.
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by nagoma(m): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
Slaves used to be taken from Africa to America by force, all tied up across the sea. These days they buy their own air tickets to go and fight for American hegemony around the world. Obama will always welcome the cannon fodder.
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by claremont(m): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
Respect to the young lad!

We remain proudly Nigerians, fighting under the umbrella of some of the best armies in the world, in a noble attempt to make the world a better place!

To all those who criticize us, I leave you with the words of Peter van Uhm "That is why I took up the gun — not to shoot, not to kill, not to destroy, but to stop those who would do evil, to protect the vulnerable, to defend democratic values, to stand up for the freedom we have to talk … about how we can make the world a better place."
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by ElPhenomenal(m): 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2012
Omo na to go join the US marines sure pass ooo...9ja army na shit
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by chino11(m): 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2012
dagreen14: Thats what he looks like ....Shun Sir

I think say na only OBJ ugly. Is appears all Yorubas has OBJ kinda face. grin
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by mspookie: 2:21pm On Jul 05, 2012
chino11:

I think say na only OBJ ugly. Is appears all Yorubas has OBJ kinda face. grin

post yr picture, lemme see! u fine pass am monkey no fine, hin mama like am undecided
afterall, when he was honoured na hin name dem call, no b yr name. ugly or no ugly...his monies go in2 his handsome account(i suppose)what is yr profession mr fine guy? all yr insults na for ur pocket mien,make u park well! tongue
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by Vidamia(m): 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
Guy shine your eye so that american won't turn you to another osama bin laden......
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by norrisman: 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
Oluwatosin K Akinduro, a native of Nigeria has been living in the US for twenty-two years since the age of six. He currently serves in the Army National Guard. Today upgrades his status from permanent resident to U.S. Citizen.

"Today is a big day for me", Akinduro said. "It's another monumental moment in my life showing that with Christ all things are possible." "My family is very proud of me", he said.

To the liar claiming they went to school together in Bariga!

1 Like

Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 05, 2012
see stupid nigerians and tribalism,do you know how many ghanians,kenyans,somalians,malians,ugandans in fact A.U countries that have citizens in the us army?
here in denver i know 2 yorubas,4 igbos and 2 hausa boys that just got back from afghan but una go ey nairaland dey spew vernom ovber some people's choices in life while you have not taken a very good look at yours
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2012
nagoma: Slaves used to be taken from Africa to America by force, all tied up across the sea. These days they buy their own air tickets to go and fight for American hegemony around the world. Obama will always welcome the cannon fodder.
so your imperialist army is busy fighting african countries now again abi or bus annexing other african countries so that they can keep enslaving you
when osama don lie to you finish,open your eyes
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by Shankboye(m): 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2012
Kakatazz:
I dont get what u mean by wait 3yrs Do they give out citizenship after u must have spent 3yrs or moreExplain.
. Well, for him to able to join military, he must have a greencard oneway or d other, people join military so they can get there citizenship faster, but if u wait atleast 3yrs while u have ur greencard then u should be citizen if u know urway..sorry can't explain in details
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by zuchyblink(m): 2:45pm On Jul 05, 2012
modern slavery
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by Shankboye(m): 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2012
ms pookie:

please how can i join? cheesy who says while u r waiting for 3years, u cant die in yr sleep? my life in in Gods hands or pple no dey go d iraq come back undecided afterall, na pple dey live iraq...leave tory oga
no be one way e take get green card before e join military for citizenship? Make e use d same way get citizenship na.. Na still dumb move when u can't retire until after 4 yrs in d military... U no no as e dey go bro... I wonder who come post dis military thing for NL self..something wey dey happen everyday
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by Shankboye(m): 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2012
linearity:

It is only active-duty or discharged (discharged with honorable or General) US military immigrates that are eligible for citizenship on day one...i.e. if you have at least one day of active-duty service eg Iran, Afghanistan, or any war or conflict zones, you are eligible to apply for US citizenship.

If you are an active US military with no duty in a war zone, you have to wait one year to be eligible for US Citizen. President Bush made this amended during the Iraq war...and you can find all the relevant info at Section 328 of the US Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952.

So contrary to your assertions, this guy must have either served in a war zone or must have waited one year before becoming a citizen and not 2 weeks.
na lie jor bro, I get people for here wey dey join dey get there citizenship here in virginia, na story b all dat one wey u write for here... And we believe say na people wey no get bearing dey join military for here not people wey get plans and goals...
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by stuhporh: 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
joejeezy: Shame on him, so he can't fulfill his destiny in naija, hw many americans are in the nigerian army?...#smh#

Amazing comment we have here!!!! nairaland annoys me some times when i read some comment, but a quick reminder that we all have different brains, ideas e.t.c. However i cant help but to imagine how one omits a a fundamental way of thinking. Bros abeg just ongratulate the dude! na him life not yours or mine
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by SEGAD: 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2012
4llerbuntu: i am simply amazed by the comments castigating the poor chap. perhaps Obama should also have stayed in Kenya to make a difference? ALL those black men outside africa should relocate to africa ASAP to "make a difference"

Thank you very much. True talk.

Nigeria leaders and citizens recognize thieves and cabals.
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by BaBaMike: 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2012
yemmight:

Because you, you never had one and because he's representing good tribe in Naija. cool

Well said yemmight.
Re: Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day by noiseless: 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
Enjoy your new country jare, and don't let these ALMAJIRI sadist and their slaves and prisoners pull you down. A shoe shiner in America/Europe has more dignity than the Nigerian KINGS & QUEENS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blast At Catholic Mass In Southern Philippines Leaves Four Dead. / Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership / Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.