Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

How Did You Get Your Present Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (24043 Views)

How Did You Get Your Present Job? / If You Are Unemployed Or Not Happy With Your Present Work, Pls Read This / Describe Your Present Job With One Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by stupor(m): 12:02am On Jul 11, 2012
Watching !
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by kedra(m): 12:32am On Jul 11, 2012
I read chemical Engineering and graduated in 2010.Just came back fron youth service and would like to pursue a career in the oil industry.I'd really appreciate info and contacts from ur ends..thanx pple
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by AlvinOlatunde(m): 2:29am On Jul 11, 2012
It's so unfortunate that the unemployment rate in Nigeria just keeps increasing by the day.
For me, I'm still unemployed but nowhere near poverty. I own a website that keeps me busy while I hunt for jobs. I also engage in other online businesses. I'm not talking about "hundreds of thousands every month" lie like most `gurus` online flood you with. I'm talking residual income to help you stay financially balanced. You just need to follow the right people.
I strongly suggest you start little. Maybe a free website from co.cc and a free web host (check my sig). Good luck! grin
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by wowo2: 3:11am On Jul 11, 2012
At my place of work, they call it it attracting the best people...If I know you are good and won't mess up on the job I reco you if there is a job opening that you are interested in and I get paid 250,000 naira if you successfully scale probation after 3 months.
You still do tests and interviews though and only get the job if you pass the stages.

That is how I got my job too...it is a cycle...not a vicious one.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by bioda: 3:32am On Jul 11, 2012
du u wrk in a telcoms coy?

wowo2: At my place of work, they call it it attracting the best people...If I know you are good and won't mess up on the job I reco you if there is a job opening that you are interested in and I get paid 250,000 naira if you successfully scale probation after 3 months.
You still do tests and interviews though and only get the job if you pass the stages.

That is how I got my job too...it is a cycle...not a vicious one.

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by BeingAkorede(m): 6:22am On Jul 11, 2012
kunletiwoo: Yeah! you may be right....And as for me, the reason why I asked him his course of study is simple.I work with a Telecoms company and we need more Field Engineers/Riggers.

Peace!

Hello @kunletiwoo, if you are specific about being a Field Engineers/Riggers. u'll b of help to me.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by gistme24(m): 7:35am On Jul 11, 2012
Hello guys.
I just completed my SAP certification in ABAP(programming),with vast knwoledge of other programming languages and Software Engineering generally. Would be grateful for links to apply my skills in any Firm that requires my kind of skill.
Thank you.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Agbo2(m): 7:41am On Jul 11, 2012
I got my present job through Global Careers Company in Africa.
They came for a recruitment summit in Nigeria (Eko hotel) last year September and top Nigerian companies were there.
They will be in Nigeria again this year.
If you have some years of experience in your field with professional qualification,
please check this out.
http://www.globalcareercompany.com/
Best of luck.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by saintugo(m): 7:53am On Jul 11, 2012
GUDDAY ALL AT NL,I REALLY APPRECIATE THE POSTER OF DIS ALL INTERESTING THREAD,PROBABLY THIS MITE BE THE BREAKTHROUGH I SEEK,PLS CAN ANY ONE HELP WITH LINKS AND INFOR FOR AN OPENING FOR AN ACCOUNTANT IN ANY FIRM OR COMPANY DAT IS HIRING,I POSSESS A DIPLOMA IN ACCOUNTING,FIRST DEGREE IN ACCOUNTING,PASSES IN THREE PAPERS AT THE ICAN PE ONE LEVEL AND COMPUTER SAVY,PLS UR ASSISTANCE WILL BE APPRECIATED MY EMAIL IS: ugonduboy@gmail.com,PLS HELP A BRODA.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by superdude007(m): 7:57am On Jul 11, 2012
All of us will surely get the right joy to change our world. Please Friends o.. I studied Geography, B.Sc. I am also a member of ICAN with excellent computer skills. I need a good job in Telecommunications industry. God bless us all.. Thanks.

my email is albodies@gmail.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Revolva(m): 8:01am On Jul 11, 2012
linsa01: Job hunt! Already getting fustrated. I've B.A (hons) 2:1. Tried all i could but no good result yet. Started a professional course but no money to complete it. Still in the struggle sha.

Ol boy you wan read die remember dangote no get 2,1 oo I ll advise you to connect yourself and do sometin for a start even if its small for naija people no send ur result oo even person wey no go uni dey hussle make am
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 11, 2012
If you are a youth cropper, serving in Lagos and your field is related to telecommunication. (yet to get a placement)

Message me on olakunlemilekan@gmail.com for more details.

Thanks.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 11, 2012
BeingAkorede:

Hello @kunletiwoo, if you are specific about being a Field Engineers/Riggers. u'll b of help to me.

How do you mean?
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by maigaskiya1: 8:33am On Jul 11, 2012
kunletiwoo: Yeah! you may be right....And as for me, the reason why I asked him his course of study is simple.I work with a Telecoms company and we need more Field Engineers/Riggers.

Peace!
wat wat discipline is requird 4d riggers nd kan ond aply.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by igbonla(m): 8:36am On Jul 11, 2012
kedra: I read chemical Engineering and graduated in 2010.Just came back fron youth service and would like to pursue a career in the oil industry.I'd really appreciate info and contacts from ur ends..thanx pple

Send an open application to all the oil coys; seek opportunities for networking, volunteering, whatever, keep your CV alive even if all you are doing is backyard farming! The PIB is currently holding everybody down but there will be mad rush as soon as the haze clears.
You will be ready when the opportunity comes..
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 11, 2012
mai gaskiya: wat wat discipline is requird 4d riggers nd kan ond aply.
Computer Engineering / Science backed up with. CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE.

Note: The above certifications will be an advantage.

And if you don't have the above, do you have the knowledge of VSAT or Fiber installation?
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by oluseg2: 8:53am On Jul 11, 2012
I got my first job with a multinational company(though was not paying well then) as a floor mechanic on contract term immediately after graduating as a Mechanical Engineer.
However, after four months of dedicated service to the company( though I happen to know the HR Manager through somebody), I was given permanent offer as a senior staff just few days to my NYSC camping. The HR Manager was very helpful as he told me to write for a study leave of three weeks to enable me go for the orientation camp after which I made necessary arrangement to part with a portion of my monthly NYSC allowance to some key people both in the Local Goverment HQ where I was posted to and the N----, so that I would only be visiting once in a while.

After three and half years of working with the company, I was recommended for a position in another multinational company by one of my formal staff(a Manager who got in touch with me despite the fact that we were not even close while he was still with us). I got the job and have being in the company for more than three years now.

In all, I will say it is God's favour and grace.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by surex502(m): 9:35am On Jul 11, 2012
NL, pls i need a job. I studied accounting. U can email me on shollyboy502@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by aikerism(m): 10:01am On Jul 11, 2012
Well god gave me my present dream Job through my Girlfriend... I was based in the east while my Girlfriend schools and works here in Abuja. she made some contacts through someone who knows someone who owns a big Architectural/building construction firm. I was invited for a face to face and When I came I was given some tasks to complete and my prowess in 3D renderings gave me a good intro as my presentation was better than what their architects there where producing according to the MD. In my first week My 3D presentation won a construction job for the firm and my MD immediately asked that I be given my letter of employment just like that. In one month I was made the new head of the Architectural studio department because I have a masters degree and as such can not work under people who have B.sc and HND e.t.c.
na so I carry get work o and just like that I don become H.O.D.
I thank God so much and my angel Hannah. wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by azpekuliar: 10:29am On Jul 11, 2012
afrobaby: ...
But to be candid, getting job(I mean good jobs, not 50K to 70K job per month o, or marketing job), that really pays most time are usually through direct connection with insiders, that is why I dont joke with my linkedin contacts, still seeking a be

Statements like yours just disgust me. So a job that pays 50k to 70k per month isn't a good job? No job no matter how lowly in terms of remuneration should be looked down upon. Like I tell people no matter how small you think your salary is, try resigning that job and see if anybody would dash you that 'low' salary at the end of every month. Even if you're handed a gun at the end of the month and asked to steal the equivalent of the so-called 'low' salary at the end of the month, you wouldn't be able to generate that income.
Huge salaries do not always translate to job satisfaction anyway. There are lots of trade-offs and balancing involved when settling for that particular job. That 5-figure paying job might just be my dream job compared to the 6-figure paying one.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by mkoabiola: 11:11am On Jul 11, 2012
Intresting thread only for dos dat has job to mak it intersting
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by mkoabiola: 11:12am On Jul 11, 2012
Intresting thread only for dos dat has job
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Depot(m): 11:56am On Jul 11, 2012
Plz my fellow nairalanders,i need a job.I studied Electrical Engr.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Depot(m): 11:57am On Jul 11, 2012
Plz my fellow nairalanders,i need a job.I studied Electrical Engr.email me: buckdue4u@yahoo.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by girlsupersonic(f): 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2012
When we go on holidays i dont want to be idle. If you have a summer job, something temporary i will be glad to start building a Cv instead of loafing around my mail ruthiesther@yahoo.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by fholarsmile: 12:45pm On Jul 11, 2012
A graduate of chemistry..will love 2 work in in a manufacturin company..help pls
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by campella(m): 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2012
Dear Nairalanders, to be sincere,this is one great topic i am pleased to be associated with.
I believe it will go a long way to help those who are in search of their first or those wanting to change jobs.

I got my present job through a friend who asked that I apply online.
I did as instructed with my CV.
I also placed calls to the admin officer who wanted to how I got her number.

However, I was invited for interview.
We were four in number who were invited.
One of the ladies among those that interviewed us was blunt to say that I am good but there was pressure from above to take my second.
She assured me that she will call on me whenever the opportunity came up.

I had forgotten about the organization and was on my way to Abuja for an interview when a call came in from this lady, asking if I was still interested in working for them.
I said yes and a date was fixed for my interview.
Al I was required of was to update my application and other relevant documents.
I got the job.

To my greatest surprise,I was to replace the guy they took in place of me.

That is to say, what God has designed for you will always be yours.

I want to also say that be careful when you seek.

For those still on the line, your time is almost there.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by BeingAkorede(m): 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2012
kunletiwoo:

How do you mean?

i meant your type of field Engineer...mechanical or others
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
BeingAkorede:

i meant your type of field Engineer...mechanical or others
Telecoms Field Engr.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by chievo: 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
Pls ooo,am a graduate of English(BA),i have two years of teaching experience and am married,please if you have any news about schools recruiting teachers,inform me on chy-ayobabe@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by cigie(m): 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2012
To everybody seeking a job and taking e-mails, please be mindful of fraudsters. Be wise!!!
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Ejiuka: 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2012
Please bro Kunletiwoo,email me the vacancy at, eudochukwu@yahoo.com.
I would be very grateful.i need a job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thank You Nairaland! I Got A Job / 80k Job In Sokoto Or Relocate To Abuja To Hustle Please Advice. / Police Recruitment: Kaduna Tops List, Bayelsa State Lowest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.