Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

How Did You Get Your Present Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (24017 Views)

How Did You Get Your Present Job? / If You Are Unemployed Or Not Happy With Your Present Work, Pls Read This / Describe Your Present Job With One Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
Hi, guys don't get it wrong. If your discipline is related to Telecommunication Engineering, you can send me mails. cos I wouldn't want your CVs to be bounced.

And for those I've sent the details, please do the needful.

Thanks for your understanding.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
Ejiuka: Please bro Kunletiwoo,email me the vacancy at, eudochukwu@yahoo.com.
I would be very grateful.i need a job.
What's your discipline please?
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by sallioats(f): 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
Pls  need a job email is sallioats@yahoo.com thanks..am a bsc holder comp science
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by 735i(m): 7:52pm On Jul 11, 2012
My uncle was a shot caller in one of the new generation banks back then. Was invited for an unsolicited test whilst serving....wrote it; passed; also did well in my 1st and 2nd interviews....d final interview;

i walk in[b][/b]to the room...
Me: good morning (flashing my best coporate smile)

Panel; mmmm.....morning (few ppl replied with grunts)

Panel; introduce yourself please

Me; i'm. Bla..bla...bla

Panel; ok..why do u want to work for xyz bank?

Me; was about to answer when suddenly another member of the panel asked;

Panel: do you know Mr. Lagbaja..... How come you used him as reference?

Me: yes i do.... He is my uncle...

panel: scattered grunts and coded glances

Panel: ok. What would you like to do if you were employed in xyz bank?

Me; Marketing...
act
Panel; okay. When can you resume?

Me; As soon as i pass out from NYSC and collect my discharge certificate.

Panel; okay. You may leave. We will contact you soon.

Me; okay. Thank you...would that be all please?

Panel; (irrtated looks)...please ask the facilitator to call the next applicant on the line...

Me; okay..thank you...

Two weeks after i passed out from NYSC.....i got a call from the HCM unit to come pick up my appointment letter.

Na later when i resume wey i hear say my uncle na him nominate those ppl wey dey the interview panel....

I still dey with the bank sha....although say my uncle don waka go anoda bank... The funny thing is ; he claims not to have a hand in the recruitment... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 11, 2012
i am a graduate of applied chemistry,just back from kano where i had my nysc.....currently job hunting for a quality control analyst job or a production chemist job........my email add is kamar.diran@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by acidtalk: 9:56pm On Jul 11, 2012
735l, it clearly shows he is a humble and down to heart person unlike others who will shout to heavens about the favours to render out to people.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by temmiedee: 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2012
I'm in need of an administrative Job. I will like you to please, contact me if you wish to help me with this. temmypalace@yahoo.co.uk is mine. Thanks
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by dokunbam(m): 7:16am On Jul 12, 2012
Job for a friend pls. Help your brother out. More than 8 years experience in the finance and accounting department. Thanks email me at freelancenig@gmail.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Iykecollins(m): 9:14am On Jul 12, 2012
Nice posts and inspiring comments! I have learnt a lot from this thread, it hasn't been easy getting the right fit, I believe every experience matters. A recent graduate of geology with a 2.1, av professional qualifications and IT skills, varsatile- have done quite a number of menial jobs in the past jst 2 survive and for the experience, into some online stuffs jst 2 make ends meet...ve written some job tests and very optimistic, hoping to land my dream job soonest...Insha Allah!

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 12, 2012
temmiedee: I'm in need of an administrative Job. I will like you to please, contact me if you wish to help me with this. temmypalace@yahoo.co.uk is mine. Thanks
Dee-one I see you... Check Inbox please.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by figur: 9:35am On Jul 12, 2012
I have a Bsc(ed) in economics and statistics and also a certificate in project management and Nigerian institute of management.I will be rounding up Nysc by october and I don't want to spend one day at home after that kindly assist ,my email address is Cynthia_fh@yahoo.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by stupor(m): 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
Quite an interesting thread !

I hope favour comes the way of those who seeks for it . Amen.

And may God also bless the originator of this thread . Amen.

Such is how to live a commending life if I may simply put.

God bless you !
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by taniboo: 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
I have a UK degree in law,a masters in corporate law, and have been called to the Nigerian Bar. Also a member of the NBA.
I have worked in England for a while and now back in Nigeria.
Looking for employment in a great multinational firm/solicitor's Firm.

Please email me at tanimomo200@yahoo.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by nnana4top: 11:59pm On Jul 12, 2012
Hi am seeking a part time job, 3times in week or a volunteering opportunity. I have experience in running a business and NGO work. I have a degree in banking and finance 2:1 . I can send you my CV. Email:nnana4top@yahoo.com
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Kologie: 6:53am On Jul 13, 2012
wowo2: At my place of work, they call it it attracting the best people...If I know you are good and won't mess up on the job I reco you if there is a job opening that you are interested in and I get paid 250,000 naira if you successfully scale probation after 3 months.
You still do tests and interviews though and only get the job if you pass the stages.

That is how I got my job too...it is a cycle...not a vicious one.

pls, i would love to get into the wheel of this cycle. Here is my contact mail.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by GregIzuu: 10:00am On Jul 13, 2012
please somebody should come to my aid. Its over a years I concluded my NYSC and no job yet and I need it.
I have B. Eng in Electronic and Computer Engineering From EEE department. My experience level is about 1 year and I need to add to it. I am gating confused day-by-day. my e-mail is gregmaryusee@yahoo.com

PLEASE SCAMMERS, BEWARE, ITS NOT YOUR OPPORTUNITY PLEASE AND GOD WILL BLESS ANY ONE THAT HELPS ME.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by spyroxy1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2012
kedra: I read chemical Engineering and graduated in 2010.Just came back fron youth service and would like to pursue a career in the oil industry.I'd really appreciate info and contacts from ur ends..thanx pple

Kamardiran: i am a graduate of applied chemistry,just back from kano where i had my nysc.....currently job hunting for a quality control analyst job or a production chemist job........my email add is kamar.diran@yahoo.co.uk

Good to know that you guys studied lucrative courses and have finished your service . I will advice a couple of courses (professional) that you can take to enhance your chances in the O & G coys.

1. NACE - COROSSION PROTECTION ; LEVEL 1,2,3
LEVEL 1 IS $1900
LEVEL 2 IS ALSO $1900

YOU CAN NOW APPLY FOR LEVEL 3 AFTER 3 YEARS OF WORKING EXPERIENCE

2. NEBOSH - A Health safety and environment course (HSE) - N360K

3.NISP (Nigerian Institute of safety Professionals) HSE Level 1,2,3 - N45K

You can google all these for further info

cheers
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by elainemia(f): 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2012
Hi! My fab NL family,i have an OND(upper credit) in compter science with some working experience in networking and very good with MS office. Bsc in view(in my finals now)and i need a job. PLEASE if anyone knows where a job opportunity that suits my brief profile exists pls do send to isikamaureen@yahoo.co.uk Thanks in anticipation.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by LYNDDY(f): 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2012
pls anyone wth useful info on hw to get a customer care job in a telecommunication company? dats my dream job.....thanks
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2012
LYNDDY: pls anyone wth useful info on hw to get a customer care job in a telecommunication company? dats my dream job.....thanks
Just last month we recruited some people in this field sad
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by LYNDDY(f): 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2012
@kunletiwoo,pls when nxt u guys r recruiting for dat same position,pls i want to knw.i sent u an email with my email address,i wil realy appreciate it.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Devosequence(f): 7:11pm On Jul 13, 2012
kunletiwoo: Just last month we recruited some people in this field sad
I so much appreciate and have learnt alot on this topic all the same I have HND in business administration and OND in purchasing and supply ,i have always desired to work in the customer care unit in any reputable organization/company here is my email address incase of any information email:danoma231@yahoo.com or devosequence@gmail.com.I base in Lagos thanks alot. Thank u bro 4 initiating this topic
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
LYNDDY: @kunletiwoo,pls when nxt u guys r recruiting for dat same position,pls i want to knw.i sent u an email with my email address,i wil realy appreciate it.
k, buh I jst sent u a mail.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2012
Devosequence: I so much appreciate and have learnt alot on this topic all the same I have HND in business administration and OND in purchasing and supply ,i have always desired to work in the customer care unit in any reputable organization/company here is my email address incase of any information email:danoma231@yahoo.com or devosequence@gmail.com.I base in Lagos thanks alot. Thank u bro 4 initiating this topic
Noted. I'll update u.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Devosequence(f): 8:25am On Jul 14, 2012
kunletiwoo: Noted. I'll update u.
Thank u!
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by acidtalk: 10:24am On Jul 14, 2012
Kunletiwo is the Kingong here, he is willing to lend a helping hand to as many people as possible. Keep it up bro. If 10 other people were like you in this thread, at least 20 extra people would have gotten a job soon.

o
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by mkoabiola: 10:50am On Jul 14, 2012
We need mor of kunletiwo on NL with geniue interest and not scammers,I look forward to see a NLander to gv positv testimony.
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by jideaffo(m): 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2012
@Kepsi123, Pls how can I get into oil n gas training schl. Do they have in lagos? how can i apply for their courses. You can email me @ jideaffo@yahoo.com. Tnx
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 15, 2012
I no wan carry last o!lol. On a serious note,I've BSc in Microbiology and I'm a student memeber of IPAN. I've 2yrs experience in analysis of raw and finished goods. I need a change of job; any big FMCG company wld do. I know my onions,I only need to be given an opportunity. Oludavid21@yahoo.com is my email @kunletiwo. Thanks bro!
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by zibe(m): 7:46am On Jul 16, 2012
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by olahyra(f): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2012
Guess at one point in life, we get to search 4 job or a better one, all in all its good to start humble. I study biochemistry! Thru wit nysc, nd criously getting fedup wit d job hunt thns. Wld rilli appreciate somone's help. My email is tinbak2002@yahoo.com thnks
Re: How Did You Get Your Present Job? by udz: 10:40am On Jul 16, 2012
have a B.Eng in elect. Elect engrng. Finished service in jun 2010. Have been teaching since. Have relocated twice. My last teaching job was a primary skool N25,000. . . Shocking? I left d job last month cos of d emotional abuse I get dia. Plz i nid a job in my field even if it is on a contract bases. I nid d experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thank You Nairaland! I Got A Job / I Farted During A Job Interview / How I Held Pastors Spellbound During A Pastoral Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.