Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Literature/Writing Complaints Thread - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (43015 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 5:31am On Sep 17, 2012
Emyo: Cuddle.
I saw ur email. Am happy you did, i learnt some rules. But i had wanted one to be about Romance while d other for anothe genre
Al the same, am sorry, now c diz thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1049152/adventure-team-join-now-writers
I want you to remove it from literature and writing section's frontpage...i tink u did a mistake, take d one you closed to the last page. And leave the unlocked thread in a strategic position. Am on exams that why ve not updated it wit stories. U wil hear 4rm me soon. Story story. Pls do change the positions pls.

Sir, I didn't make any mistake

These two threads have the same content & title. The rules states that you mustn't have duplicate threads on a section
https://www.nairaland.com/1048687/adventure-team-join-now-writers
https://www.nairaland.com/1049152/adventure-team-join-now-writers

There is nothing like strategic position, everyone is entitled to create a thread on the section and just like every other member, a thread is visited based on interest.
Members have been commenting on your thread, isn't it so?

Your thread was an advert and not a story as such, it was put in Lit/writing Ads.
I understand your zeal to recruit members for your club but please not at the expense of disorganizing the section. Get accustomed to this- https://www.nairaland.com/1029013/literature-writing-guidelines-rules-regulations
Thanks!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Emyo(m): 6:31am On Sep 18, 2012
U ve closed that thread. Dish it to the back page nau, i hate seen it at the front page, since its meaning less,
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 11:05am On Sep 18, 2012
Emyo: U ve closed that thread. Dish
it to the back page nau, i hate seen it at the front page, since its meaning less,

How many times will I explain your threads to you?
What is front page and what is last page?
Didn't you consider all that before creating two duplicate threads all in the bid to recruit members for your club?
I have sent you an email and I have been patient enough to advise you on here. I won't do that any further, if you can't take 2 mins from your club activities and read a simple guideline.
I closed one of your duplicate threads and put the other in the right section which is lit/writing ads.
Thanks!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
That post was for literature section.Thanks for spoiling my day.@ Cuddlemii
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Emyo(m): 4:34am On Sep 19, 2012
Cuddlemii:

How many times will I explain your threads to you?
What is front page and what is last page?
Didn't you consider all that before creating two duplicate threads all in the bid to recruit members for your club?
I have sent you an email and I have been patient enough to advise you on here. I won't do that any further, if you can't take 2 mins from your club activities and read a simple guideline.
I closed one of your duplicate threads and put the other in the right section which is lit/writing ads.
Thanks!
u've positioned ur intuition already. What am saying is that, u can do something to the closed thread, like delete it, hide it or better still change the position from the 1st page of literation/writing section. If you can't then please i plead of you to unlock it, lemme change/edit my thread. Oo u can. Just do this for me. Unlock it today, lemme change/edit it. Please. This is emyo thread and not YAN, so
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 5:48am On Sep 19, 2012
Emyo: u've positioned ur intuition already. What am saying is that, u can do something to the closed thread, like delete it, hide it or better still change the position from the 1st page of literation/writing section. If you can't then please i plead of you to unlock it, lemme change/edit my thread. Oo u can. Just do this for me. Unlock it today, lemme change/edit it. Please. This is emyo thread and not YAN, so

I have deleted the duplicate thread as requested.
Here is the active one------>https://www.nairaland.com/1048687/adventure-team-join-now-writers
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:22am On Sep 19, 2012
Cuddlemi y dd u close my thread?I did not see any duplicate thread wen I checked.And y other people's thread still around and the topics are the same?I hate it
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Emyo(m): 7:46am On Sep 19, 2012
Cuddlemii:

I have deleted the duplicate thread as requested.
Here is the active one------>https://www.nairaland.com/1048687/adventure-team-join-now-writers

gud. Dis what ve been saying or pleading of u.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by mkmyers45(m): 12:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2012
mkmyers45: Front-page please: https://www.nairaland.com/1045934/caw-1-poll-entries-thread

You just appear & disappear as you please, huh? smiley
After keeping us in the dark!

I think, you have some editing to do first!
Not all members "followed" the first contest, therefore members will be clueless as to what you are instructing them to do.
Please outline the essence/subject matter of the entries, members need to know what they are voting for. Thanks!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by mkmyers45(m): 5:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
Cuddlemii:

You just appear & disappear as you please, huh? smiley
After keeping us in the dark!

I think, you have some editing to do first!
Not all members "followed" the first contest, therefore members will be clueless as to what you are instructing them to do.
Please outline the essence/subject matter of the entries, members need to know what they are voting for. Thanks!
Will do so ma'am i apologise for my presence..
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
mkmyers45: Will do so ma'am i apologise for my presence..

lolz, presence indeed!
Please, I need an update on the contest.
Thanks!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by mkmyers45(m): 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
Cuddlemii:

lolz, presence indeed!
Please, I need an update on the contest.
Thanks!
ehn the poll should go up and then the cards are giving to the top three? Is there a problem?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 6:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
mkmyers45: ehn the poll should go up and then the cards are giving to the top three? Is there a problem?

No, there is no problem.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by sino(m): 9:35pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ma'am, i have updated my thread "selfish and heartless", please help moi put it back on the main section. Thanks

And i'll like to read your thoughts about it.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Emyo(m): 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2012
Hey! Mam, please do us diz favour of deleting al d rubbish on yan thread pls.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Orikinla(m): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2012
This post naturally should be among the headlines on the homepage, because of the importance and significance.

https://www.nairaland.com/1091718/chika-unigwe-wins-100000-nigeria
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 9:23am On Nov 05, 2012
Orikinla: This post naturally should be among the headlines on the homepage, because of the importance and significance.

https://www.nairaland.com/1091718/chika-unigwe-wins-100000-nigeria

This post already exists https://www.nairaland.com/1090477/chika-unigwe-wins-2012-nlng.

The rule is that we can't have duplicate threads. Therefore, we lock the new thread and link it to the old/existing thread.

I will nominate the existing thread as you advised, thanks!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by true2(m): 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2012
I posted a thread under the title; An Abomination.
Here is a copy of the post.

The computer, or whatever it is, changed a word in a section I posted. (Clay of the Gods.) The program changed the medical term used for a mans private parts, to JOYSTICK.
JOYSTICK is akin to using the C word for a women’s private parts.

These to words are never used in professional writing. They are an abomination.
Whoever programmed the forum to use such words should be hung by their heels.
I removed the section I posted.

If this program is not changed, I will not post further sections of my work.
Writers should check their posting for such changes...if the changes are not to your liking, delite the posting.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 9:13pm On Nov 07, 2012
true?:
I posted a thread under the title; An Abomination.
Here is a copy of the post.

The computer, or whatever it is, changed a word in a section I posted. (Clay of the Gods.) The program changed the medical term used for a mans private parts, to JOYSTICK.
JOYSTICK is akin to using the C word for a women’s private parts.

These to words are never used in professional writing. They are an abomination.
Whoever programmed the forum to use such words should be hung by their heels.
I removed the section I posted.

If this program is not changed, I will not post further sections of my work.
Writers should check their posting for such changes...if the changes are not to your liking, delite the posting.

Unfortunately, that's how the censorship is on this forum and there is nothing I can do to help.

Indecent/Intimate Contents/ Contents that are considered obscene, x-rated, objectionable, offensive, or racist are not acceptable.

Words like that can be used freely on the Sexuality section--->https://www.nairaland.com/sexuality
Infact stories can be written on the sexuality section as well.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by true2(m): 2:34am On Nov 08, 2012
Thank you
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 3:06am On Nov 08, 2012
true?:
Thank you

Anytime!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by true2(m): 4:45am On Nov 08, 2012
The story had nothing to do with sex...it is a bible story...lol
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 5:17am On Nov 08, 2012
true?:
The story had nothing to do with sex...it is a bible story...lol
Ok.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Omolola1(f): 10:01am On Dec 06, 2012
Cuddle,

Why are my posts hidden? I didn't post any explicit content
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
Omolola1: Cuddle,

Why are my posts hidden? I didn't post any explicit content

Do you know about the spambot?
Spambot hides posts like that at times.
It has nothing to do with the content of your post.
Just alert me anytime it happens so I can release it.
Sorry for the inconvenience
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by tjumbo: 3:56pm On Dec 06, 2012
Please join me in celebrating an achievement made by a Nigerian.see link on
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
tjumbo: Please join me in celebrating an achievement made by a Nigerian.see link on

This isn't the right place for adverts.
This link should guide you--https://www.nairaland.com/website-review
Thanks!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by ThisisCee(f): 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2012
;d

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41)

Outrageous Books You Won’t Believe Actually Exist / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / Fierce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.