Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Literature/Writing Complaints Thread - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (43097 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
BukkyDan: Hy cuddlemii,
can you please go through my story and recommend it for the front page?
https://www.nairaland.com/1147210/love-live-campus/5#13908411

the title is "Love life on campus"

Damex333: cuddlemi, ds story is one gr8 writeup,pls i will really be happy if it get b d front page,and thank u 4 d tenth generation story.

Send a pm directly to Semid4lyfe with your recommendation for the frontpage
Thanks!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Teeboitizzy: 4:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
"Literature has been described as a mirror of life since itt expresses both the pleasant and the unpleasant experiences of a people.
Discuss and describe five ways in which literature iss a mirror of life".
Sm1 sld pls help ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ out... Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 5:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
Teeboitizzy: "Literature has been described as a mirror of life since itt expresses both the pleasant and the unpleasant experiences of a people.
Discuss and describe five ways in which literature iss a mirror of life".
Sm1 sld pls help ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ out... Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

What happened to the information provided by Mazi on the chat thread? I thought Mazi and Mynd volunteered to help you. Have you not got enough resource to work with? What part of the assignment is still unclear? What other extra readings and findings have you done?

The link with useful information for your assignment ---> https://www.nairaland.com/1003848/literature-writing-sections-chat-central/219#14038193
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Teeboitizzy: 6:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
Cuddlemii:

What happened to the information provided by Mazi on the chat thread? I thought Mazi and Mynd volunteered to help you. Have you not got enough resource to work with? What part of the assignment is still unclear? What other extra readings and findings have you done?

The link with useful information for your assignment ---> https://www.nairaland.com/1003848/literature-writing-sections-chat-central/219#14038193
Fankzzzz alot
Buh d issue ɪ̣̝̇​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​,only mazi gav ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ solution †̥̥Θ d assignment buh its remaininq one.. He gav ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ clue †̥̥Θ do IT̶̲̥̅ buh iii cldnt get itt itt at all. Dahzzz y A̶̲̥̅♏ tryinq †̥̥Θ get d last one
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by EfemenaXY: 6:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Teeboitizzy:
Fankzzzz alot
Buh d issue ɪ̣̝̇​ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇​,only mazi gav ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ solution †̥̥Θ d assignment buh its remaininq one.. He gav ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ clue †̥̥Θ do IT̶̲̥̅ buh iii cldnt get itt itt at all. Dahzzz y A̶̲̥̅♏ tryinq †̥̥Θ get d last one

Jesus guy!!

Must you murder the English Language this way?

Is it that hard to type what you want in simple, easy to understand English? I sincerely hope for your sake that your command of the English language is A LOT better than what you've just typed up here!

And if you don't mind my asking, what exactly is it that you want??
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 10:53pm On Jan 28, 2013
Teeboitizzy:
Fankzzzz alot

Ok, which one is remaining?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 28, 2013
Cuddlemi help me go 2ru ds story named barracks boy by flow1759, here is d link www.nairaland.com/1174408/barrack-boy
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Teeboitizzy: 8:21am On Jan 29, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Jesus guy!!

Must you murder the English Language this way?

Is it that hard to type what you want in simple, easy to understand English? I sincerely hope for your sake that your command of the English language is A LOT better than what you've just typed up here!

And if you don't mind my asking, what exactly is it that you want??
We re told toooo list and discuss five ways buh he cld help meee out wt 4.. So ittt remains d last
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by LarrySun(m): 8:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
Hi cuddlemii smiley

I'm not lodging any complaint...yet grin Pyguru is now my buddy.
Instead of the usual nag fit for the thread, I'm lodging an idea and soliciting your (and everybody's) thoughts about it. I want to know if its going to be good or otherwise before I create the thread and make a complete *** of myself.

I've been nursing the idea for over a year now and each of the time I've been thinking It'd be great. Okay, I'm beginning to jabber unnecessarily.

I'm planning to create a Nairaland Detection Club. It's just like the Lola Story but a little bit more extensive. The Nairaland Detection Club will be a collaboration of Nairaland writers who believe they're up to the task. It may be asked that: What is a Detection Club?

It is a private association of writers of detective fiction in Great Britain, existing chiefly for the purpose of eating dinners together at suitable intervals and of talking inimitable plots. Its membership is confined to those who have written genuine stories (published or otherwise). Hence my zeal to create one in Nairaland.

The Club amounts that the interested writers pledge themselves to play the game with the public and witb their fellow writers. A member writer must write as good English as he can.

Now, a word about the conditions under which NDC would be created. Each contributor to the story tackles the mystery or clues presented in the preceding chapters without having the slightest idea of what the previous authors have in mind about how the story will end. Each contributor will post a chapter each week for the pleasure of the readers. Each writer is bound to deal faithfully with all the difficulties left for him by his predecessors. He must not dismiss them as caprice or accident, or present an explanation inconsistent with them...he must give a coherent and plausible-enough explanation. Each writer may introduce a possible clue either for the mystery to be easily solved or to make it more complicated for the subsequent contributors. Naturally, as the clues become in process of time more numerous, the solutions grow more complicated and precise, while the general outlines of the plot gradually harden and fix themselves. Where one writer may have laid down a clue, thinking that it could point only in one obvious direction, the succeeding writers may manage to make it point in a direction exactly opposite. And it is here, perhaps, that the game gets more interesting and quite hard to crack cheesy

Whether the game will succeed in amusing the innocent readers is mainly for the readers to judge.

Each contributor may create any new character but the character must be unique and have a definite bearing in the plot. If one character creates a stammerer, no subsequent writer must make the stammerer speak fluently without a convincing reason behind the sudden miracle.

The creator of the thread will write the first chapter which other writers will create their own subsequent chapters from. Each week, a chapter would be posted and this would give the next writer a full week to prepare the next chapter. A writer, after having contributed a chapter, may not have to contribute any other until after about a month or thereabout, depending on the number of participators in the game.

Goodness! I've written more words than could be found in Margaret Mitchell's 'Gone With The Wind'. So, that's it. What do you see about my 'complaint' grin ?

And, Oh...Cud, you're doing a great job moderating this section.

Bless you wink
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by LarrySun(m): 9:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
Efemena_xy: hmmmm....sounds complicated

could you give us a trial run, perhaps? Just so that others (like me) get the full gist? undecided
trial run? Like creating a first chapter? I need to know if the idea is gonna work first cheesy And, I'd be so much delighted if you were in, Efe smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 1:06am On Feb 01, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Hi cuddlemii smiley

Ok.

Go ahead and implement your idea.

Everything will fall into place.

Cheers.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by LarrySun(m): 5:56am On Feb 01, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Ok.

Go ahead and implement your idea.

Everything will fall into place.

Cheers.
THANKS.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
Hi Cuddlemii

My post has been hidden and I got banned for what I don't know. Can you please look into this

https://www.nairaland.com/1120471/home-last/12

Thank you
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 11:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Hi Cuddlemii

My post has been hidden and I got banned for what I don't know. Can you please look into this

https://www.nairaland.com/1120471/home-last/12

Thank you

I have released your post.
You were not banned. Thanks
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:04am On Feb 06, 2013
Cuddlemii:

I have released your post.
You were not banned. Thanks
Thank you
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by LarrySun(m): 5:33pm On Feb 07, 2013
I need your help urgently, Cud. Some mosquitoes have infested my thread. They have derailed it so much that the thread is now threatening to crash. Please, do something. sad

https://www.nairaland.com/1182846/nairaland-detection-club/3
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by whitemosquito(f): 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2013
Anty cuddles,
PLS,
i wont plead not guilty because i am. I can only pray that the truth wil be my saving grace. Its just that sometimes iv so many things to say that i forget on whose thread im sayin it. I sincerely apologize. I know u to be merciful as u r just. Im going to apologize to larry now. Plz, ban me from anywher but the literature section, i wont last the night! Plz. I promise to be of good behaviour from now on.
Humbly,
white mosquito.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 6:27pm On Feb 07, 2013
Larry-Sun:
I need your help urgently, Cud. Some mosquitoes have infested my thread. They have derailed it so much that the thread is now threatening to crash. Please, do something. sad

https://www.nairaland.com/1182846/nairaland-detection-club/3

white mosquito: Anty cuddles,
PLS,
i wont plead not guilty because i am. I can only pray that the truth wil be my saving grace. Its just that sometimes iv so many things to say that i forget on whose thread im sayin it. I sincerely apologize. I know u to be merciful as u r just. Im going to apologize to larry now. Plz, ban me from anywher but the literature section, i wont last the night! Plz. I promise to be of good behaviour from now on.
Humbly,
white mosquito.

Please, you guys should understand that this is a complaints thread and serious things should be reported or discussed here.
Desist from derailing a thread and also make it known what is expected on the thread. When it gets offensive or unruly, then, you can inform me.
Thanks
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 7:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Please, you guys should understand that this is a complaints thread and serious things should be reported or discussed here.
Desist from derailing a thread and also make it known what is expected on the thread. When it gets offensive or unruly, then, you can inform me.
Thanks
Please look at the thread in question and see the extent of the derailing
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by alfablondy: 2:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
I think those posts with large font on the thread "National year of sex and comfort" should be hidden. its annoying. I think is a deliberate action to derail the thread.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Promoe(m): 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2013
What da heck is wrong with that anti spam bot. I was banned this afternoon by the anti spam bot, this is the link to the reason why they banned me.
www.nairaland.com/1178134/ibo-boy-wey-like-yoruba/16#14443100
And funny enough, the link does not exist. And the ban expires on the 8th of March. You have to do something very fast about this. My profile is
www.nairaland.com/eze%20promoe
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 11:27pm On Feb 22, 2013
Promoe: What da heck is wrong with that anti spam bot. I was banned this afternoon by the anti spam bot, this is the link to the reason why they banned me.
www.nairaland.com/1178134/ibo-boy-wey-like-yoruba/16#14443100
And funny enough, the link does not exist. And the ban expires on the 8th of March. You have to do something very fast about this. My profile is
www.nairaland.com/eze%20promoe

Done!
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Emyo(m): 10:11am On Feb 24, 2013
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Cuddlemii: 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2013
Emyo: https://www.nairaland.com/1117246/cosmoe-belief-god-exposed

https://www.nairaland.com/1195159/easy-heart#14302345

Help me delete those two threads please

Go to the respective sections you created those topics to have them deleted. I don't have access to those sections.

The latter was created on the romance section(that has already been deleted).
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by LarrySun(m): 7:46pm On Feb 24, 2013
Hi Cud!

There are some comments on the Nairaland Writers Collaboration thread that I'd like you to please hide. A guy even made an impolite comment which warranted my replying him. Please hide all these unnecessary comments (including my reply) and kindly find a way to warn the rude guy about his arrogant conduct. Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/1189817/nairaland-writers-collaboration

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41)

Fierce / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / Wole Soyinka And Chimamanda Adichie At The Felabration 2019, Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.