Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses (14102 Views)

Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN / London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians / Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 7:36am On Jul 07, 2012
if this site was to be a ghanian site u will never see a ghana man supporting nigeria no mtter how wrong they maybe.but well we are nigerians nd we always think we are tooo wise.no problem
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by gst101: 7:43am On Jul 07, 2012
bigboyk those nigerians did not get their training outside nigeria at least not entirely. And as for your 'where were we when our economy was bad'. I can tell you that we were by your side even though we asked you to leave our house. John kufur revealed it when he said: 'there was a time when ghana ran short of money and i came to obj and i said there is no oil and i must run the economy'. Obj gave him 30k barrels of oil for 30days. We dont even sell oil to you at intl price.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by jude33084(m): 7:47am On Jul 07, 2012
shymmex: They don't need to clarify anything, it's their country..

! cool

They need to because Ghana is nt an island of its own smiley

But if you should ask? I will say that the clarification is an excellent one from a good government cool
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by genxris: 7:47am On Jul 07, 2012
I remmember as a young child growing up in d early 90's we have lots of ghanians working as shoemakers,tailors,securitymen etc in my state then.
I remember their were many of them teaching in my primary skol then (i later got to understand that most of them were nt qualified to teach bt they coming into naija then wit teaching certificates that belongd to their brothers & got jobs with it) even my skol headmaster later became a ghanian & no nigerian staff jelosyed them then. I even knw of a ghanian that got employd to our national bank wit a fake certificate & was claiming to come from a state in d niger delta region till he was later discoverd & dismissd.
Nollywood brought up & brushed d young ghana movie industry,accomodatd & taught them how it is done but today they want to rub shoulders with their teachers.
I tink d nigerian govt & people have unconditionally playd d role of a big brother to other African nations for so long to it's own detriment

4 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by tunapawizzy: 7:52am On Jul 07, 2012
PetroDolla:

do i need to be paid to defend my country? even you nigerians think your crappy shitty country is worth defending, not to talk of Ghana, a respected country in the global community?modafuckas!
Inferiority complex kills. Pulling a brother down to make urself appear better of is a sign of weakness. How can u call naija crappy shitty country? Dis is an insult(not because u av decided to display ur stupidity) but becos its coming from a Ghanian. See no matter what, our clear superiority to Ghana is massive. And like someone pointed out to u, our people trading in Ghana only show sign of economic mobility and awareness. I just find it funny when plain idiots like u compare Ghana to Nigeria. Well we should be able to tolerate ur crappy views, at least u r a Ghanian we shouldn't expect much from u.

4 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by jude33084(m): 7:57am On Jul 07, 2012
tunapawizzy: D truth is Ghana values her citizens n restructuring d trading sector to favour her citizens above foreigners. Unfortunately d policy is gona affect our numerous traders out there. But sincerely there's little we can do about it. We won't run their economy 4 dem, We won't make policies for them. It is their country. It is true they could av made d rules less strict knowing d impact it would av on a lot of Nigerians out there.but d ultimate fact remains that it is their country n dey will make wateva policies suit dem. The much we can do is to just RECIPROCATE d unfriendly gesture. But does d ambassador to ghana care enuf to report dis to foreign affairs minister, does jonathan av d will to sanction any form of reciprocal gesture. Are these people humane enuff to feel d pain of these Nigerians trading in Ghana??

Guy I hope we both read the same thing? undecided she said the tougher rules will not affect the ECoWAS countries(Nigeria) But however they should register with the govt and obtain a proper resident permit so that they can be taxed smiley

Brosss that is what I read and understood from the story story grin
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 7:58am On Jul 07, 2012
tunapawizzy:
Inferiority complex kills. Pulling a brother down to make urself appear better of is a sign of weakness. How can u call naija crappy shitty country? Dis is an insult(not because u av decided to display ur stupidity) but becos its coming from a Ghanian. See no matter what, our clear superiority to Ghana is massive. And like someone pointed out to u, our people trading in Ghana only show sign of economic mobility and awareness. I just find it funny when plain idiots like u compare Ghana to Nigeria. Well we should be able to tolerate ur crappy views, at least u r a Ghanian we shouldn't expect much from u.
expect wrse from them.they called us shatterd stupid slowpoke nigerian were clapping them.they called our president lunatic baastard nigerians were dancing.why wont an illitrate ghanaro call us crappy

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by naylove(m): 8:06am On Jul 07, 2012
Billyonaire: Ghana, have you forgotten so soon ? Shall we begin our own ?

i laugh. wetin we fit do them?
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 07, 2012
We need more ACN to rule us in this country grin
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 8:14am On Jul 07, 2012
Highbros: We need more ACN to rule us in this country grin
my man it has nothing to do with party .nigerians are the problem themselves
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by OmoTier1(m): 8:22am On Jul 07, 2012
Who cares about Ghana I rather think of how my house is kept in good order than bother whether my neighbour's house is painted ! Let get Nigeria working efficiently, and that should be our collective concerns.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 07, 2012
all4naija: Is that lady Ghanaian?!
[color=#006600][/color]

she looks mixed so she could be one of those ghanaians with a caucasian parent. Their men like to marry caucasians a lot.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by bigboyk(m): 8:31am On Jul 07, 2012
I don't want people to just concoct their opinions and ideas and ascribe it to others. Can you show the source of your information about how and when Nigeria gave out free oil to Ghana? When did we buy oil below international oil price from Nigeria? There's this annoying misconception that Nigeria supplies Ghana with electricity. Please Nigerians, google lake Volta and Akosombo dam. Let's not let sentiments blur our reasoning. We need to be objective and not subjective. The Ghanaian people want to do things on their own. If you think you can cripple their economy, I dare you all to leave. It's time for Nigerians to prove that they 'run' Ghana... Leave us and let's see who'll cry. Imagine Naija boys leaving their country to sell pirated CDs in Ghana! Shaking my head.

2 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 8:37am On Jul 07, 2012
bigboyk: I don't want people to just concoct their opinions and ideas and ascribe it to others. Can you show the source of your information about how and when Nigeria gave out free oil to Ghana? When did we buy oil below international oil price from Nigeria? There's this annoying misconception that Nigeria supplies Ghana with electricity. Please Nigerians, google lake Volta and Akosombo dam. Let's not let sentiments blur our reasoning. We need to be objective and not subjective. The Ghanaian people want to do things on their own. If you think you can cripple their economy, I dare you all to leave. It's time for Nigerians to prove that they 'run' Ghana... Leave us and let's see who'll cry. Imagine Naija boys leaving their country to sell pirated CDs in Ghana! Shaking my head.
yes obj gave kuffr oil money and car.ndc gverment did not leave anymore for kuffor they wanted him to fail nd kindly remember nigeria was kuffor first visit as a president
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 07, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
PetroDolla:

do i need to be paid to defend my country? even you nigerians think your crappy shitty country is worth defending, not to talk of Ghana, a respected country in the global community?modafuckas!
Ghana a respected country? Because of that stooge errand boy called Kofi anan who will do anything to keep serving his american and british masters? Or because of your murderers in govt. Who beat their chest in pride that they went scot free? Aww puhleez! Stop deluding yourself half of the illegal immigrants in the uk are ghanains doing all sorts of odd job. So much for respect in int'l community.
by the way if you notice, I didn't use any curse or negative words to pass accross my mssg, thats to show urchins like you the difference btwn a Nigerian and ill mannered Ghanians

4 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 8:44am On Jul 07, 2012
bigboyk,i work with ur people and they love me .but the prolem with ur people is that 60 %or more of ur population which are illitrates dnt know the importance of nigeria and nigerians to ur economy they remaining 30% who re enlightened exposed and educated always do business with us nd dont joke with nigerins but the remaining 70 ¾lieve that ghana is superior to nigerins
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by safeLove(f): 8:49am On Jul 07, 2012
If Ghana was doing so well,how come they ended up as one of the world least managed econimies,only to be compared with the likes of War ravaged Liberia and crises stiken Ivory coast? I have been to Ghana several times and all I see on their faces is envy for Nigerians.
Its no longer news that Ghanaians don't like Nigerians and anything that has to do with Nigeria.
I also don't think their schools are better than Nigerian schOols and I know for sure that there's as much unemplyment as there is is in Nigeria.
For drug peddling,love peddlers and all that,just go to Osu,oxford street..you go see tire.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Rossikk(m): 8:52am On Jul 07, 2012
slowice: ....my guy God will bless u and give u more 'big sense'...smtymes i wonder y nigerians re haters of themselve..we ve no love for anything nigeria....we pass judgement against our fada land wit the speed of a jet engine....we hardly think.....we just talk..a lot of shit.

Don't mind them. Useless people who want to blame others for their own laziness. Go to India, China today. Even Japan and Korea. The only black people you see there owning shops, doing business and trading in their markets are NIGERIANS. No other blacks from anywhere in the world. Just Naijas. So where did we get all that money to be doing all that? I thought they said ''our leaders'' have chopped all the money? That corruption has totally destroyed the whole country? So where is all that capital coming from? Of course common sense shows that Nigeria is a buoyant economy.A reasonable environment to make money has been created. The economy has been infused with capital due to govt policies. Those who want to make it will make it. The rest will sit down with their degrees waiting for someone to employ them, and then blame Jonathan when it doesn't happen. Look at INNOSON motors. The first indigenous car manufacturer in Nigeria. You know the owner can barely string two sentences together in English? I doubt he even passed out of secondary school. Yet he manufactures cars, buses, jeeps in his factory in this same Naija, while others are making excuses upon excuses for their failure. I'm sure he employs masters degree holders and maybe even PhDs now.

2 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by SmoothCrim: 8:54am On Jul 07, 2012
Ghana is the best. A fine race of 25 million
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 8:54am On Jul 07, 2012
safeLove: If Ghana was doing so well,how come they ended up as one of the world least managed econimies,only to be compared with the likes of War ravaged Liberia and crises stiken Ivory coast? I have been to Ghana several times and all I see on their faces is envy for Nigerians.
Its no longer news that Ghanaians don't like Nigerians and anything that has to do with Nigeria.
I also don't think their schools are better than Nigerian schOols and I know for sure that there's as much unemplyment as there is is in Nigeria.
For drug peddling,love peddlers and all that,just go to Osu,oxford street..you go see tire.

thank you thank you.i dont know where some nigerian buffons got the idea that ghana is better it wasnt until i got here i realised the opputunities in nigeria.this is a country run n corruption i keep telling tem that in 10yrs they will be worse than nigeria.but some ppl come to say ghana is fantastic .

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 8:56am On Jul 07, 2012
SmoothCrim: Ghana is the best. A fine race of 25 million
in what area?woyome saga?
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by SmoothCrim: 8:58am On Jul 07, 2012
Nigeria is a weak country
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by bigboyk(m): 9:01am On Jul 07, 2012
I dare Nigerians to show the source of their misleading info. Kuffuor obtained loan from Naija but I think that loan has been repaid. Apart from that loan, can anyone come up with another assistance offered to Ghana? Presently, the Nigerian govt is going broke. Paying your youth corps is posing a challenge. You can't even pay the minimum wage of N18000. Most states are obtaining loans from international organisations and govts yet you say you're rich. I know Nigeria in and out. You can't tell me that Nigerians are enjoying unless you're living in a fool's paradise. Go to the north and see Almajiris and Boko Haram, the east is full of kidnappers, the west is full of touts(opc) and the south is full of militants. Let's not talk about the level of graduate and youth unemployment. I fear the quality of their education... I once read of one corper(graduate) in the papers who couldn't speak or write in English. Electricity is zero. Health care is zero that is why their leaders don't patronise their hospitals. High infant and maternal mortality. High death rate. Oh God! The list is endless. May God and Ghana save naija.

2 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 9:06am On Jul 07, 2012
SmoothCrim: Nigeria is a weak country
ghana is an homosexual one .ugly dark truth about ghana .nigerians need to know .6 out of 10 ghanians in accra the capital cant speak english but twi

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by SmoothCrim: 9:09am On Jul 07, 2012
onatisi:
ghana is an homosexual one .ugly dark truth about ghana .nigerians need to know .6 out of 10 ghanians in accra the capital cant speak english but twi
Hard slaps for Nigerians
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by safeLove(f): 9:14am On Jul 07, 2012
onatisi:
in what area?woyome saga?

The sad truth is that even the Ghanaians themselves know there is no basis for comparism. They know that when it comes to business accumen and entrepreneurship,Nigerian carries the day. A ghanaian friend told me that all we read on the internet and in the news is all make belive. The level of corruption is very high and unemployment is the order of the day. Even if you graduate with a first class,the possibility of getting a good job is minimal.
When I told him I just registered my bizness he was shocked cos he knew I had a paid job. He wondered why I would leave the security of a paid job for the uncertainties of a bizness.
We Nigerians are an an enigma which they can never decode. Ask an average Ghanaian about Nigeria. and hear his view

3 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by SmoothCrim: 9:16am On Jul 07, 2012
We laugh at you and see you as a joke
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Debokan: 9:18am On Jul 07, 2012
There's nothing unfriendly there joor. Whoever is cutting corners should amend his way. The clarification is straight to the point. If you enter a place to do business, find out how you can do it legally - no cutting corners. My ppl in Ghana, now that you dont have to pay $300,000, pls comply with the other regulations as you're not termed foreigners.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 9:29am On Jul 07, 2012
bigboyk: I dare Nigerians to show the source of their misleading info. Kuffuor obtained loan from Naija but I think that loan has been repaid. Apart from that loan, can anyone come up with another assistance offered to Ghana? Presently, the Nigerian govt is going broke. Paying your youth corps is posing a challenge. You can't even pay the minimum wage of N18000. Most states are obtaining loans from international organisations and govts yet you say you're rich. I know Nigeria in and out. You can't tell me that Nigerians are enjoying unless you're living in a fool's paradise. Go to the north and see Almajiris and Boko Haram, the east is full of kidnappers, the west is full of touts(opc) and the south is full of militants. Let's not talk about the level of graduate and youth unemployment. I fear the quality of their education... I once read of one corper(graduate) in the papers who couldn't speak or write in English. Electricity is zero. Health care is zero that is why their leaders don't patronise their hospitals. High infant and maternal mortality. High death rate. Oh God! The list is endless. May God and Ghana save naija.
point of correction we pay 18000 for copper which is equal to 180 ghana cedi.but the minimum wage in ghan is 4cedis.per day.the maximum salary a goverment teacher collects in ghana is 300gcd in nigeria the minimun a goverment techer collects is 30000 which is the highest teacher salary in ghana.u mentioned health pls if i may ask u where did atta mills go for his medicals last 3weeks ?usa.nd yet the whole country was crying that he is wasting mney.how many of ur goverment officials go to korle bu hospital for treatment ?none.u talked about violence please what happened at takoradi ad hohoe was it joke?the zongo ppl killing their hstnd a cheif iman in the process .remember the curfew is still there.what about the northern ghana where there is fighting going on.apart from cantoment and osu which is ppulated with foreingners which other area in ghana enjoys uninterruptable power supply s u claim.i as at achimota for 3days last week and haasto nd from 12noon till 6pm no light .load shedding

4 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Turbocharged: 9:30am On Jul 07, 2012
PetroDolla:

Shut the Bleep up you fucking slowpoke! dirty, rotten slowpoke! you are not even fit to polish my shoes,slowpoke! Even if you live for another 300 years you can't achieve one-tenth of what I have achieved in my life so far,huh?
Na coins dey make noise(notice me), currency notes & cheques no dey make noise.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by naija4change(m): 9:42am On Jul 07, 2012
i love you ROSSIKK. You are genius. Your analysis is brilliant keep it up. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by a1solution: 9:44am On Jul 07, 2012
Rossikk: ^^^What purposeful strides? Dude, outside Accra there is nothing! Even Kumasi, their second city is not more developed than Owerri.

Nigerians have an inbred pessimism against Nigeria which to me is their biggest weakness. No other country in Africa can boast as many traders and entrepreneurs with capital, as Nigeria. Where did that capital and wherewithal come from?

Can any African find space to go and trade in Onitsha or Aba or Lagos? Not in a thousand years. All the space is taken up! So where did our people get all that wealth to dominate the market if you say everthing is collapsed and nothing is working in Nigeria, and all the money has been stolen by politicians etc??

Go into these Igbo villages and see the kind of mansions these traders are erecting left right and center, in this same Nigeria that you say is failed? Some of those traders cannot even read a line of English.

I mean it's obvious there is still a lot of economic buoyancy in the country (which in fact is rising) for this to happen. Sure we have problems like infrastructural deficits etc, which if we're being honest we'll agree is gradually being addressed, but the country is nowhere near this nightmare of all-round failure that some of these folks come here to paint.

Stop wasting your time convicing ignorant people I av traveled round Ecowas countries none of them is better than Nigeria, its just that may be the average constant electricity that I see their their citzens enjoy, but upon that SUFFER is understatement for ordinary citizen including The over praised Ghana. Period!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 CBN Circulars That Calmed FX Market / How To Withdraw From Neteller In Nigeria / N720bn Currency Swap Deal Attracts Nigerian Banks To China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.