Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses (14100 Views)

Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN / London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians / Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by rhymz(m): 3:01pm On Jul 08, 2012
PetroDolla:
You are the one spewing out garbage,huh? And who are you to determine what constitute 'obnoxious laws?' I guess the mass deportations carried out by nigeria in 1983 and 85 were justified,huh? I am told this particular Ghanaian law was enacted as far back as in the 1990s and I don't see anywhere that it mentioned nigerians. Or you think only nigerians are in the retail sector in Ghana? some of you need to be examined. I understand every nigerian is likely to suffer some mental imbalance at some time in their miserable lives grin
I am not interested in indulging your fouls smelling mouth, am a little interested in what you have upstairs, even though am in doubt you have any sense.
Before Nigeria deported Ghanaians, Ghanaians already did so during Nigerian civil war if realy that is the basis of your vindictive arguments.
Anyway, tell me what exactly makes sense in that Law? How many common people start a business with $300,000 anywhere? What category of trading businesses are required to pay $300,000? Do you know how much that is?
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by rhymz(m): 3:02pm On Jul 08, 2012
PetroDolla:
You are the one spewing out garbage,huh? And who are you to determine what constitute 'obnoxious laws?' I guess the mass deportations carried out by nigeria in 1983 and 85 were justified,huh? I am told this particular Ghanaian law was enacted as far back as in the 1990s and I don't see anywhere that it mentioned nigerians. Or you think only nigerians are in the retail sector in Ghana? some of you need to be examined. I understand every nigerian is likely to suffer some mental imbalance at some time in their miserable lives grin
I am not interested in indulging your fouls smelling mouth, am a little interested in what you have upstairs, even though am in doubt you have any sense.
Before Nigeria deported Ghanaians, Ghanaians already did so during Nigerian civil war if realy that is the basis of your vindictive arguments.
Anyway, tell me what exactly makes sense in that Law? How many common people start a business with $300,000 anywhere? What category of trading businesses are required to pay $300,000? Do you know how much that is?
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 3:15pm On Jul 08, 2012
how many ghanians themselevs can afford 3000 ghcedis for business hw much more 3000dollars nt to talk of 300000dollars.ghana is on its way down and that is what jj rawlings has been saying this NDC goverment has borrowed more than they can sustain go thru ghana news u will see the true picture of their economy.they know the reason why they are doing al this rubbsih it is not about protecting the poor innocent stupid ghanians itt smells of politics a little bit.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by SmoothCrim: 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
samfibby: @vinc. I am kind of enjoying seeing these ghanians pissed and pissing all over in fear. Until now, i never knew we had stepped on their tiny toes, now they are yelling out in frustration. It kind of makes me fool good that i am a nigerian. Ghanians, get ready i am coming to invade ur sorry ass economy. You aint seen nothing yet. grin grin
haha your teeth will be knocked out of your mouth
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by SmoothCrim: 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2012
onatisi: how many ghanians themselevs can afford 3000 ghcedis for business hw much more 3000dollars nt to talk of 300000dollars.ghana is on its way down and that is what jj rawlings has been saying this NDC goverment has borrowed more than they can sustain go thru ghana news u will see the true picture of their econom y.they know the reason why they are doing al this rubbsih it is not about protecting the poor innocent stupid ghanians itt smells of politics a little bit.
Do you want more dirty slaps
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by SmoothCrim: 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
onatisi: how many ghanians themselevs can afford 3000 ghcedis for business hw much more 3000dollars nt to talk of 300000dollars.ghana is on its way down and that is what jj rawlings has been saying this NDC goverment has borrowed more than they can sustain go thru ghana news u will see the true picture of their economy.they know the reason why they are doing al this rubbsih it is not about protecting the poor innocent stupid ghanians itt smells of politics a little bit.
Laws are laws!! Follow the or get slapped
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
crim why do u always get mad when i tell ppl in naije how ur country is ?
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2012
SmoothCrim: Laws are laws!! Follow the or get slapped

i dont blame u .i blame the so called educated buffon nigerians that come here to support you ghanians. anyway. eti sen? .eyee oo.
.mi ko
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by rhymz(m): 3:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
Africason: If what i rote lacks any 'serious intellectual depth' then i vigorously believe u have serious comprehension problem. cheesy

Aside, the b1tchin going on here, folks exhibiting egos here are mostly Nigerians who feel the Ghanaians owe them something.The statement above makes me think deeply, u lack business acumen or sense. The walmarts and and shoprites strategic locations do not put them in direct competition with all those petty traders(market folks selling wares), which are mostly one-man businesses. Remember any company that could come up with that $300K capital does not trade compete with petty traders...

Further, those larger and medium companies are able to employ the locals, pay taxes, etc. which on a larger scale boosts the local economy. So tell me does your argument hold any water? Do u really even understand the dynamics of business at all? I believe your business analysis or thinking is a bit shallow.
Are you for real? So what you are saying now is that all the retail traders in Ghana are concentrated in the market? Those designated commercial areas do not have people doing retail businesses in medium scale there. What exactly is your definition of retail trading? Like seriously how old is the kid? Do you own a business? So in essense, if I have a small or medium sized business outside of the market, according to your understanding I wont be affected since I am not compting directly with poor Ghanaians in the market. I thought you were smarter than this, the antics of your argument is at best mediocre. Walmart and its likes do not just compete with your petty traders in far away markets, as well as the medium scaled retail shop in the business district around it, it kills all of them and eliminate the supply chains to those peasants in the markets who buy from the medium scale businesses. If you have any sense you will realize that competition do not need to be direct or indirect, the fact is, the effect will be very evident. To even show your ignorance further, you are gayed up at the prospects of being hired as cleaners, sales person and clerk staff as opposed to you owning your business and being your own boss. Little wonder there is a general belief that an average Ghanaian is lazy and docile, they like to wait for everything to come to them. Keep deluding yourself. Walmart pays taxes just like every other, person petty or not doing bysiness in Ghana pays.
If you can't fight the bigger problem occassioned by their likes but instead fight smaller business for thesame reason, then such law is useless and obnoxious.

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by rhymz(m): 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
onatisi: how many ghanians themselevs can afford 3000 ghcedis for business hw much more 3000dollars nt to talk of 300000dollars.ghana is on its way down and that is what jj rawlings has been saying this NDC goverment has borrowed more than they can sustain go thru ghana news u will see the true picture of their economy.they know the reason why they are doing al this rubbsih it is not about protecting the poor innocent stupid ghanians itt smells of politics a little bit.
I have always suspected it wass a populist political move to win the sentiment of Ghanaian populace who the government in power suspect are already bustling with envy and xenophobic tendencies towards foreigners and Nigerians especially. Knowing fully well that the Ghanaian people are begining to grumble at the way the claims of economic growth is not trickling down to the commoners, they decided to exploit their weakness-hate and envy for foreigners and Nigerians in particular- all in a bid to distract them from the real issues they are supposed address. And apparently, it is working out for their government from the way they have continued to argue emotitionally rather than logically. It is only negetive emotions that will cause an African to want to take the businesses of fellow Africans and give it to redundant citizens that understand very little a about hard work. It is only emotions that will make a Ghanaian see the small threat posed by foreigners engaged in small scale retail trading but find justification for the huge threat posed by gargantuan super mart stores and malls. . The majority Ghanaian populace so far have shown political docility in the face of strong government manipulations, it is so evident from the general consent and agreement they have lent to their government. They will rather hate on foreigners whom as they have been decieved by their government, are the cause of their problems than scrutinize the intent and usefullness of a policy that is clearly obnoxious.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Africason(m): 4:12pm On Jul 08, 2012
onatisi: mr business dynamic africason who told u that in ghana as a petty trader u can avoid tax.u stupidily come here to say nonsense in ghana here each petty trder on every street pays up to 2cedi a day to AMA and before u are even allocated space u must register with the council.u are trying to feel sorry for petrodolla who i know is laughing now becos he has caught a stupid nigerian defending his so called fine race ghanians
cheesy cheesy There goes the insults... SMH cheesy You can get your words across without throwing fits? cheesy And u think i was referring to those 1-2 cedis AMA levies? I'm talking about proper corporation and businesses taxes, mate! And u think all those petty traders pay those taxes? Stop throwing dust into folk's eyes cos a lot of those petty traders avoid such taxes everyday.

Penultimately, who says i am Nigerian? I am neither Naija nor Ghanaian. Bruv, scurry along and take a hike! Better still, take it up with the authorities cos its their country and they have chosen to run it that way and neither u nor I can do anything about it, get it? embarassed
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by gidson12(m): 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
Africason: cheesy cheesy There goes the insults... SMH cheesy You can get your words across without throwing fits? cheesy And u think i was referring to those 1-2 cedis AMA levies? I'm talking about proper corporation and businesses taxes, mate! And u think all those petty traders pay those taxes? Stop throwing dust into folk's eyes cos a lot of those petty traders avoid such taxes everyday.

Penultimately, who says i am Nigerians? I am neither Naija nor Ghanaian. Bruv, scurry along and take a hike! Better still, take it up with the authorities cos its their country and they have chosen to run it that way and neither u nor I can do anything about it, get it? embarassed
You re a Nigerian
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2012
the question i need to ask ghanians is this why is the govrment doing this exercise 5months to presidential election when ppl have been complining that atta mills is slow ineffective and that the economy has worsened?
the current rate of the gcedis which is 2cedi to 1dollar appx 200 naira to 1 dollars re they trying to lay the blame of huge demand of forex on petty on foreigners doing businessees here by saying we are buying it all up.becos they have made mention of it recently.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by rhymz(m): 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2012
onatisi: the question i need to ask ghanians is this why is the govrment doing this exercise 5months to presidential election when ppl have been complining that atta mills is slow ineffective and that the economy has worsened?
the current rate of the gcedis which is 2cedi to 1dollar appx 200 naira to 1 dollars re they trying to lay the blame of huge demand of forex on petty on foreigners doing businessees here by saying we are buying it all up.becos they have made mention of it recently.
hahahaha. . Mehn, you know how to hit and slap the facts where it pains, the most. You know in a way, I have always suspected this out of the blues clamour to enforce a law that has been lying fallow since 1994 it was enacted. I am sorry to say but a majority of Ghanaian populace are not politically savvy if they fail to see the underlying antics of this whole charade. They have been feeding fact on propaganda from their government, little wonder they have become obese and inactive in the brain. I keep asking myself, how can anyone justify a law that says legitimate foreigners leaving in Ghana must invest $300,000 in capital to participate in their economy, are they high on kenke pepper? Mehn na wa o. . But Ghanaian politicians funnily preposterous, I cant believe anyone in their right mind will make such demands knowing that a majority of Africans that cross the border into Ghana are ordinary and meddle class business people looking for markets.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Africason(m): 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
rhymz: Are you for real? So what you are saying now is that all the retail traders in Ghana are concentrated in the market? Those designated commercial areas do not have people doing retail businesses in medium scale there. What exactly is your definition of retail trading? Like seriously how old is the kid? Do you own a business? So in essense, if I have a small or medium sized business outside of the market, according to your understanding I wont be affected since I am not compting directly with poor Ghanaians in the market. I thought you were smarter than this, the antics of your argument is at best mediocre. Walmart and its likes do not just compete with your petty traders in far away markets, as well as the medium scaled retail shop in the business district around it, it kills all of them and eliminate the supply chains to those peasants in the markets who buy from the medium scale businesses. If you have any sense you will realize that competition do not need to be direct or indirect, the fact is, the effect will be very evident. To even show your ignorance further, you are gayed up at the prospects of being hired as cleaners, sales person and clerk staff as opposed to you owning your business and being your own boss. Little wonder there is a general belief that an average Ghanaian is lazy and docile, they like to wait for everything to come to them. Keep deluding yourself. Walmart pays taxes just like every other, person petty or not doing bysiness in Ghana pays.
If you can't fight the bigger problem occassioned by their likes but instead fight smaller business for thesame reason, then such law is useless and obnoxious.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy That is a jaundiced analysis from u bro. Bigger corporations like shoprite and walmarts who able to cough up that 300K do not directly compete with those petty traders. What the Ghanaian authorities are trying to say is that they have enough of those petty traders littered on their streets and they DON'T need foreigners coming to do same, hence that 300K hurdle. Is it hard to understand?
To even show your ignorance further, you are gayed up at the prospects of being hired as cleaners, sales person and clerk staff as opposed to you owning your business and being your own boss. Little wonder there is a general belief that an average Ghanaian is lazy and docile, they like to wait for everything to come to them. Keep deluding yourself.
Maybe the walmarts and shells in Nigeria only employ cleaners and menial workers but I believe those in other countries employ the marketing mgrs, sales mgrs and the likes. So you think international corporations in Nigeria only employ menial workers amongst the locals? cheesy cheesy Now what a starling revelation! cheesy I bet the foreign companies in Naija never appoint some of their mgrs from the locals(host populace). cheesy
Walmart pays taxes just like every other, person petty or not doing bysiness in Ghana pays.
So u reckon the tax paid by these large foreign corporations is akin to the levies gained from petty traders? What a joke! Heck, some of these petty traders even avoid paying those negligible taxes. You believe the pension schemes, corporation taxes, business taxes, health insurance taxes etc. are the same as a petty trader paying that 1-2 cedis whatever tax? undecided lipsrsealed

I believe either u don't see the bigger picture or u are refusing to acknowledge it. The nous of all is that those Ghanaians are not ready for other foreign nationals to litter their market with that nonsense petty trading whilst their locals are able to safely negotiate that business. What they want are serious investors with bigger bulks to boost their economy on a larger scale and not some peasant foreign folks.

And honestly, you and i can't do anything about that. Peace, am out!
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Africason(m): 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2012
gidson12:
You re a Nigerian
Sorry bro, I believe i quoted my origin here some months ago. Though I have those 2 countries blood in me, i can say i'm neither. I can also safely say i am both. hahahahahah. Mum - Half Naija, half German. Father - Full Ghanaian; and I was born in Germany. undecided
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 5:45pm On Jul 08, 2012
rhymz: hahahaha. . Mehn, you know how to hit and slap the facts where it pains, the most. You know in a way, I have always suspected this out of the blues clamour to enforce a law that has been lying fallow since 1994 it was enacted. I am sorry to say but a majority of Ghanaian populace are not politically savvy if they fail to see the underlying antics of this whole charade. They have been feeding fact on propaganda from their government, little wonder they have become obese and inactive in the brain. I keep asking myself, how can anyone justify a law that says legitimate foreigners leaving in Ghana must invest $300,000 in capital to participate in their economy, are they high on kenke pepper? Mehn na wa o. . But Ghanaian politicians funnily preposterous, I cant believe anyone in their right mind will make such demands knowing that a majority of Africans that cross the border into Ghana are ordinary and meddle class business people looking for markets.

dont mind africason he talking theoritical economice whereas what is happening is what i call political economics.all this business registration palava started last year frm circle area and makola and it has nothing to do with the goverment protecting the ppl.the main target of all this game are nigerians inside makola market and the phone sellers at circle area.that is why i said we that we are here know what is happening.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by rhymz(m): 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2012
Africason: cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy That is a jaundiced analysis from u bro. Bigger corporations like shoprite and walmarts who able to cough up that 300K do not directly compete with those petty traders. What the Ghanaian authorities are trying to say is that they have enough of those petty traders littered on their streets and they DON'T need foreigners coming to do same, hence that 300K hurdle. Is it hard to understand?

Maybe the walmarts and shells in Nigeria only employ cleaners and menial workers but I believe those in other countries employ the marketing mgrs, sales mgrs and the likes. So you think international corporations in Nigeria only employ menial workers amongst the locals? cheesy cheesy Now what a starling revelation! cheesy I bet the foreign companies in Naija never appoint some of their mgrs from the locals(host populace). cheesy

So u reckon the tax paid by these large foreign corporations is akin to the levies gained from petty traders? What a joke! Heck, some of these petty traders even avoid paying those negligible taxes. You believe the pension schemes, corporation taxes, business taxes, health insurance taxes etc. are the same as a petty trader paying that 1-2 cedis whatever tax? undecided lipsrsealed

I believe either u don't see the bigger picture or u are refusing to acknowledge it. The nous of all is that those Ghanaians are not ready for other foreign nationals to litter their market with that nonsense petty trading whilst their locals are able to safely negotiate that business. What they want are serious investors with bigger bulks to boost their economy on a larger scale and not some peasant foreign folks.

And honestly, you and i can't do anything about that. Peace, am out!
Excuse Me Mr, what exactly is your idea of petty trading cos it seems to me you are understanding it on the basis of location and not economics of scale.
This also asks the question, what scale of trading enterprises are required to make investments of $300,000? Are they saying only Walmart sized trading enterprises are required to engage in any type of trading besides petty.
Cos I can confidently tell you that in reality, there are a minute trading enterprises the size of walmart, the majority are foreign owned medium sized trading enterprises. And trust me, they employ Ghanaians not neccessarily in their tens, they have evidence of Social Security and National Insurance Trust contribution for their workers, their GIPC certificate, VAT receipts and their Ghana Revenue Authority papers, as well as their certificate of incorporation of business from the Registrar-General’s Department. They are not neccessarily in your $300,000 bracket but are affected by this act because of its vagueness and ambigious interpretations. What you dont understand is that the act in its present form affect even foreign owned businesses that are not neccessarily petty. That is why I am asking you again, to give me your definition or understand of the phrase "petty trading."
Also, It will be folly for anyone to call their contributions minute, my friend.
And let me tell you one fact about trading coperations like Walmart or Target, for every one person they employ, they kill an equivalent of 10 medium scale trading businesses of all sorts that engage more people and cut the supply chains to those petty-traders the government claims to protect. Again, Walmart does not need to be close to a business market to stiffle competitors. With Walmart, even your local petty trader's business will be killed as they will stiffle out those both medium scaled retail and wholesale shops that your petty market women buy from.
The point is this, both foreign owned small-scale trading and supermart trading pose thesame kind of dangers of wiping out locals out as feared, why focuse on the one with far less potentials to stiffle you out and leave the one with far more insidious consequenses, if realy the motive is to protect the Ghanaian petty traders without any bias.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by rhymz(m): 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
onatisi:

dont mind africason he talking theoritical economice whereas what is happening is what i call political economics.all this business registration palava started last year frm circle area and makola and it has nothing to do with the goverment protecting the ppl.the main target of all this game are nigerians inside makola market and the phone sellers at circle area.that is why i said we that we are here know what is happening.
You are very correct my Guy. It is obvious the motive is pure envy and politicians exploiting that inherent envy to gain support to better election prospects. I trust Nigerians, they will relocate to the so-called commercial areas, turn the place to another computer village. .lol. .we over here are watching how the the Ghanaian government will treat this issue whether it will be all brawn and no tact or tactful application of diplomacy.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by jrtorrents: 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2012
So Nigerians have forgotten about Ghana Must Go?
I say send all the Nigerian parking.. Next thing you know "Boko Haram" will be following them
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by jrtorrents: 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2012
SamAfrik: I beileve the kind gesture Ghana is enjoying from Nigeria is because of being an anglophone country. Personally I prefer cotonou (Benin) & abijan (Ivory) people.
Its sad to see ghanains hating on naija inspite of d large contribution we are making to their economy & helping them raise their profile through songs & movie collaborations.

Abeg Ghana doesn't need Nigerians to raise our country profile .. Nigerian Banks and business come to Ghana to do business .. they aren't doing Ghana any favors .

SamAfrik:
I watched the news on SABC last week and felt very disappointed in Ghana making such policies this present age. So what happens to the COUNTLESS number of ganas doing petty trading in countries like SA, Nigeria etc if such countries decide to initiate similar laws. Ghanians were already specialists in migration b4 Nigerians. Back in the 80s my primary sch had about 70% ghanaians making up its staff, and still believe there are remnants of them teaching in Nigerian schools.

That was true but they were all sent home by the then Nigerian government which was even worse than what the Ghanaian government is doing now.

SamAfrik:
Point is: I do not see any anti-immigration law favouring Ghana at d long run. People shd be allowed to do conduct biz anywhere as long as they are duly registered and pay taxes to d host country. At least they are not there to take your jobs in d civil service or other protected sectors. A little kindness to a foreigner is desirable. BTW human migration is as old as Methuselah (read ur bible for relevant stories). And at this period, Africans need to show love and respect to one another, as we cannot afford to be treating ourselves unkindly as other races are doing.

There are more Nigerians in Ghana today than in the vice versa
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by mikeapollo: 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2012
Why are Nigerians always jittery and complaining when 'law enforcement' is mentioned or carried out in another country? Are we saying we Nigerians are perpetual or habitual law breakers or law evaders?

I keep saying this....Nigerians were the best foreigners in Ghana right from their pre-independence days up till the early 90s. That was when virtually every Nigerian in Ghana then was a Yoruba man(mostly from Ogbomosho,Ejigbo,Osogbo,Ikirun,Ilorin,Egba, Ijebu etc).Nigerians were very hardworking, eneterprising and doing legitimate business! Many of them were in the Cocoa industry of Ghana, businessmen,artisans etc.Mokola Market used to be 2 in number....Mokola 1 and Mokola 2(Mokola 2 was destroyed by Rawlings because that was the headquarters of some economic saboteurs)...both markets named/coined after Nigerian Mokola market in Ibadan because of the huge dominance of Nigerians in the market. There was Lagos Town, and Nigerian schools and Churches! The name they call Yoruba people(and by extention every Nigerian, even up till now) is Anago or 'Alata'(which is 'Pepper-seller in Yoruba because Yoruba people were the majority of pepper sellers then). One thing they hate to hear about Yoruba people, and Nigerians generally, is that we eat Snakes, and that some tribes eat human beings. Ghanaians cannot stand you for that, especially for eating snakes. You may lose your best friend(s) for that!

But all that good image changed when a new set of Nigerians(from different tribes) started flocking to Ghana. Nigerians suddenly acquired the image of ritualists, armed-robbers,prostitutes, fraudsters, 419 etc! And then to make things worse, Ghanaians started witnessing these vices in Nigerian movies, therby cementing those impressions permanently in their minds. Only the older generations of Ghanains and Nigerians have good memories of the friendly relatonships between the 2 countries. Most of the new generations of Ghanaians who do not know the previuous proud history of Nigerians only refer to the vices they have seen Nigerians perpetrate in their country, especially armed-robbery which was introduced to Ghana by Nigerians.(I stand to be corrected)!.
Reecently there was a kidnap attempt by some Nigerians in Ghana, and some lorry-loads of ammunition was discovered in a lorry with Nigerian drivers. A lot of Nigerian yahoo-yahoo boys have moved to Ghana after the EFCC launched attacks on them.I know these things are not only common with us, but the truth is we have become globally known for notrious things on an alarming level!
Again, we make things worse for ourselves with our attitude and boastful noise making everywhere we go.(Yoruba people in Ghana are more quiet and peaceful because they understand the attitude/way of life of the average Ghanaians because they have been there since before Ghana got independence).

So it is possible that the current impression we Nigerians have created for ourselves in Ghana might have influenced how they deal with us in this kind of matter, different from other citizens of ECOWAS. But both countries should work together to resolve the confusion so that innocent and law abiding Nigerians(and even Ghanaians) do not suffer...$$300,000 is not small money by any standards. But Nigerians too must follow all their laid down procedures....register your company, pay your taxes,etc.... Every nation cannot be lawless like Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by AjanleKoko: 2:27pm On Jul 09, 2012
I think we bother too much about what Ghana is doing or not doing.
Let's concentrate on our own country. We have abundant resources, human and material. We also have a plethora of problems that need solutions.
I expect the Nigerian businessmen in Ghana to make representation to the minister of trade, and see how they can use him to press their case.

Just crying about the government from the corner of your house is not the way to go.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by rhymz(m): 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2012
AjanleKoko: I think we bother too much about what Ghana is doing or not doing.
Let's concentrate on our own country. We have abundant resources, human and material. We also have a plethora of problems that need solutions.
I expect the Nigerian businessmen in Ghana to make representation to the minister of trade, and see how they can use him to press their case.

Just crying about the government from the corner of your house is not the way to go.
you have a point there.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by amosy007: 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2012
ROSISKI GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by SmoothCrim: 5:49am On Jul 10, 2012
Nigeria is NOTHING to Ghana!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? / 5 CBN Circulars That Calmed FX Market / How To Withdraw From Neteller In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.