Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,786 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses (14099 Views)

Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN / London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians / Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by oluchijud(f): 11:29am On Jul 07, 2012
SmoothCrim: Ghana is the best. A fine race of 25 million
.. Eeew... Roughcrim..a fine race of 25million pple.. Ua just 25million in population and u cant evn fend for ur citizenz?... Na wao.. Ur whole country is nt evn up2 d population of a state in nigeria,yet u av prostitutes evrywhere..u sell urselves cheaply in a CD of #150 in d name of movies,jst 2 make ends meet. And u want 2 compare urselves 2 a country of over 140million citizenz.. U shld cover ur face in shame.. If ua so educated n rich as u claim ,hw come u dnt evn own a site 2 ur name.. Lazy sets of pple who cant evn own a gud business... Nigeria feeds ur country indirectly weda u accept it or nt.. We brushed ur movie industry,we head ur top economy sectorz..etc...

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by AlhajiPastor: 11:31am On Jul 07, 2012
You should be the one to shut your ignorant stinking mouth. you don't have to pull down your government, we outsiders can see and can feel the level of developement going on in Ghana, there is improvement in your livelihood unlike the way you people live in the late 80's and early 90's. at least i could still remember vividly how you people sew our warn-shoes here in lagos while i was younger, you did all kind of menial jobs and live like slaves. you just have to be thankful to your leaders and apprecaite the kind of life given to you now. stop being an ingrate. Ghana is really developing.
Rossikk:

Oh shut your ignorant trap. ''Few natural resources''?? ''Built up her economy''?? Where? Which economy did Ghana build up? This is how you idiots come in here to peddle all sorts of nonsensical myths and fairtytales about ''wonderful Ghana'' while the vast majority of that country is wallowing in poverty and illiteracy despite their tiny population which their huge resources should be able to address.

In fact if you ask me, Ghana is doing far worse than Nigeria considering their huge natural resource endowments with only 20 million mouths to feed. The reason Nigerian (Igbo) traders flock there is the same reason they flock to Sokoto and Kano - high public demand for goods due to shortage of Ghanaian traders and entrepreneurs, which in itself is caused by their poverty and corruption. Not because there is anything special about Ghana. Meanwhile their corrupt leaders, just like in northern Nigeria, are encouraging their people to blame the 'outsiders' for their woes in order to divert attention from their own leadership failures.

Tell me: Why would they even be in that position where foreigners are coming in to sell and make profit? If their govt had provided for their people, empowered their people, why would any Nigerian trader find space in Accra to sell anything? Is it not because of the poverty of the average Ghanaian that such spaces exist? How many Ghanaians can find space to trade in Alaba market in Lagos? Or Onitsha? Or Aba? In fact if you ask me, Nigeria has done BETTER by providing more people the opportunity and capital resources to trade far and wide, both in Nigeria and into other countries. But do we appreciate that benefit? Oh no. Useless ingrates.

Here is an article from a Ghanaian who sees things very differently from your stupi.d rose-tinted view!!

Corruption And The Greedy Bastards In Ghana

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=236645

''Ghana has a total land area of 92,100sq.miles stretching 672 km north to south and 357 km east to west. Ghana’s physical size makes it about the same size as Great Britain. Out of a total land area of 23 million hectares, 13 million hectares representing 57% is suitable for agricultural production, whiles 5.3 million hectares representing 39% of this is under cultivation. Ghana is blessed with rich mineral resources such as gold, diamonds, manganese, limestone, bauxite, iron ore as well as various clays and granite deposit.

It is an incontrovertible fact that Ghana is the second largest producer of gold in Africa, second largest producer of cocoa in the world, second largest exporter of wood and wood products and third largest producer of timber in Africa. Can anybody tell me why we are still poor? It is a shame that a poor country like Bolivia with a poverty level of over 50%, can allocate 23% of its annual budget to education, and is able to offer free education up to senior high school level, whiles we double-cross ourselves and assume it is not feasible here.

Is it not startling that we do not have any clear national vision on mobilizing our total manpower for the technological, industrial, economic, and scientific rebuilding of this country, so that we can produce the needed conditions which would result in an abundance of every good thing for the greatest welfare of the masses? The question most Ghanaians are asking is ‘‘what has become of the blessing of the wealth of our gigantic resources, the power of our endowments and the potentialities of our people’’? How can we grasp the prospects before us and meet the challenge to our survival?
We must admit that our leadership over the years has overwhelmingly been run along the lines of the “politics of the belly” a primordial lust for wealth and power along crude racial, tribal, party, and familial lines. In this system, government officials and politically connected business cream of the crop use their positions and authority to enrich themselves, their families and kinsmen at the purse and expense of the tax payer. It is also regrettable that the system our leaders have preferred in recent years thrives on corruption and nepotism...''

Read more:

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=236645
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by SamAfrik(m): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2012
The General: You don't have to be literate to know that Nigeria is the second most corrupt country In the world. If u care to it is because we have a lot of vacancies in our schools that's why we can accomodate more than 100,000 students from ur country every year. A poor country as discribed above can't do that.
The university I completed(University for Dev't Studies), there are a lot of nigerians there some of whom are my friends.
One thing I observed is that ghanaians have problems with mostly Igbos(Arm robbers). We have a lot of Housas and Yorubas in Ghana, we lived peacefully with them. I never hated nigerians! One thing I know for sure is that, I will never go to nigeria - for anything!
Why pointing out the Igbos? bros abeg u either love or hate us. Please no selective loving is permitted, cos we are all Nigerians. So start making up ur mind on how to categorise Nigerians. thanks.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by solbil: 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2012
@bigboyk,do you know the programme moments with mo? well, thats where john kufur said it. so you can see that i heard it from the horse's mouth. naija gave you oil. that is a gesture i guarantee you nobody will show you.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by amiskurie(m): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2012
Rossikk: ^^^What purposeful strides? Dude, outside Accra there is nothing! Even Kumasi, their second city is not more developed than Owerri.

Nigerians have an inbred pessimism against Nigeria which to me is their biggest weakness. No other country in Africa can boast as many traders and entrepreneurs with capital, as Nigeria. Where did that capital and wherewithal come from?

Can any African find space to go and trade in Onitsha or Aba or Lagos? Not in a thousand years. All the space is taken up! So where did our people get all that wealth to dominate the market if you say everthing is collapsed and nothing is working in Nigeria, and all the money has been stolen by politicians etc??

Go into these Igbo villages and see the kind of mansions these traders are erecting left right and center, in this same Nigeria that you say is failed? Some of those traders cannot even read a line of English.

I mean it's obvious there is still a lot of economic buoyancy in the country (which in fact is rising) for this to happen. Sure we have problems like infrastructural deficits etc, which if we're being honest we'll agree is gradually being addressed, but the country is nowhere near this nightmare of all-round failure that some of these folks come here to paint.

Seconded Mehn,I too gbadun u on dis one jor,bt I'm nt giving u the assurance that I'm going to gbadun ur nextpost sha.

I lived 3 and half yrs of my life in accra ghana,infact I'm somehow addicted to her and love her still despite the ill shots at-times towards Nigeria.
The truth is that Nigerians run Ghana's economy.we re all over ghana making things happen.they actually mix love with envy.Truly Nigeria status is gigantic and africa knws it,cos our impact is felt across the regions in africa.
When u see ghanaian mechanic shops,u often notice boastful words on display,"NIGERIAN TRAINED..these includes cobbler shops,barber,re-wire shops,electricians shops and more.

...Even the Ghana national entertainment award givers(chatter-house) is owned by Nigeria...its jst like re-colonization.Nigeria is the China of africa.

2 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by PetroDolla: 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2012
so nigerians are harworking n Ghanaians are lazy,huh? the result of your 'hard work' is there for all to see n that's a lot for a country that imports everything,including toothpicks! So tell me,your country used to be a leading exporter of ground nuts,cocoa,and other agricultural products.what happened 2 the groundnut pyramids?Ghana remains a leading exporter of cocoa,fruits,vegetables,flowers etc.last year alone the very hardworking people of Ghana produced a record one million tons of cocoa.how many did foolishly lazy nigerians produce?Ghana produces more than enough food for its people.the UN even buys staples from Ghana for sahealan countries,whereas nigeria imports most of its food requirements.I know most of you have IQ issues,but definately its pretty obvious who the lazy ones are,huh?can you imagine a 'serious n hardworking' country in dis fuckin century that is a major oil producer yet can't refine its own oil nor provide electricity to its impoverished people,90% of whom get by on less than $2 a day?and what happened to your refineries?a phucked up contri where all officials do is to gather in abuja every month to share oil money.i guess that's your idea of a serious n hardworking people,huh?what a phucked up slowpoke!

trimwis:

My dear is that bad thjeir men are so lazy and find happiness in gossiping and attending funerals, when they see Nigerians working hard they feel threatened thats why their women are running after 9ja boys.

2 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by marvel10: 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2012
I actually like what Ghana is doing. The Nigerian government has to protect her citizens in this manner from Indian and Lebanese businesses. In the Cayman Island, you can't just go and set up regardless of how rich you are. It is either you are married to a local and you must have a local investor/partner. Nigerian government tend to prefer foreigners to own businesses when it is the same government officials and lawmakers (so called) who keep insisting on HUGE bribes to start the smallest service orientated businesses that will add value to communities and create employment.
Nigerians are aggressively go getting (in many good ways than bad) but it means that we could easily outnumber the Ghanaians who tend to take the slow but steadier approach so I can understand where the government is headed. These days the Ghanaians can't buy houses in the expensive areas as the Nigerian millionaires have bought most and pushed the prices of property so high it is causing resentment.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by PetroDolla: 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2012
too many deluded minds here. Nigeria trained ke? it is a fact that Ghanaian artisans are way ahead of your lazy morons,huh?even your ex-militants r in Ghana for training. We taught you everything-football,music,education,trained your 1st generation of military officers and even business. Ever heard of Biney,the Ghanaian shipping magnate who owned a third of lagos island in d 60s?go n find out about him.
amiskurie:

Seconded Mehn,I too gbadun u on dis one jor,bt I'm nt giving u the assurance that I'm going to gbadun ur nextpost sha.

I lived 3 and half yrs of my life in accra ghana,infact I'm somehow addicted to her and love her still despite the ill shots at-times towards Nigeria.
The truth is that Nigerians run Ghana's economy.we re all over ghana making things happen.they actually mix love with envy.Truly Nigeria status is gigantic and africa knws it,cos our impact is felt across the regions in africa.
When u see ghanaian mechanic shops,u often notice boastful words on display,"NIGERIAN TRAINED..these includes cobbler shops,barber,re-wire shops,electricians shops and more.

...Even the Ghana national entertainment award givers(chatter-house) is owned by Nigeria...its jst like re-colonization.Nigeria is the China of africa.

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by SmoothCrim: 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2012
Ghana the finest race in West Africa

2 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by Cusubaba(m): 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2012
PetroDolla: so nigerians are harworking n Ghanaians are lazy,huh? the result of your 'hard work' is there for all to see n that's a lot for a country that imports everything,including toothpicks! So tell me,your country used to be a leading exporter of ground nuts,cocoa,and other agricultural products.what happened 2 the groundnut pyramids?Ghana remains a leading exporter of cocoa,fruits,vegetables,flowers etc.last year alone the very hardworking people of Ghana produced a record one million tons of cocoa.how many did foolishly lazy nigerians produce?Ghana produces more than enough food for its people.the UN even buys staples from Ghana for sahealan countries,whereas nigeria imports most of its food requirements.I know most of you have IQ issues,but definately its pretty obvious who the lazy ones are,huh?can you imagine a 'serious n hardworking' country in dis fuckin century that is a major oil producer yet can't refine its own oil nor provide electricity to its impoverished people,90% of whom get by on less than $2 a day?and what happened to your refineries?a phucked up contri where all officials do is to gather in abuja every month to share oil money.i guess that's your idea of a serious n hardworking people,huh?what a phucked up slowpoke!

ugly jobless lazy animal. Low minded ghanaians. Insult is the only thing u ghanaians know how to do best. Go and collect ghana 500 million cedi from Afraid Woyomi. U think d world is all about NDC and NPP noise.Ur country produce cocoa, gold etc but 98 % properties and investment in Ghana is own by foreigners. D only develop place in Ghana is ur capital, Accra. And ghana have only 1 international airport. Travel to upper east ,upper west, northern, volta region etc u will cry for ur hypocrisy ghana. Lazy ugly animal, Ivory coast is the number one cocoa producer in world but travel to ivory coast and see how develop ivory coast is. Ghana leaders are the most corrupt people in world but they pretend to be saints because people they rule are lazy fools. Lazy, ugly ungreatful animals have u see Gold in ur life. Lazy animal wakeup we are in 2012. People don't believe in noise, insult or gossip in this modern. people now believe in reality.

2 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2012
SmoothCrim: Ghana the finest race in West Africa
yes you are right great ghana the country where bicycle reigns supreme grin
SmoothCrim: Ghana the finest race in West Africa
yes you are right great ghana the country where bicycle reigns supreme.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by SmoothCrim: 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2012
Cusubaba: ugly jobless lazy animal. Low minded ghanaians. Insult is the only thing u ghanaians know how to do best. Go and collect ghana 500 million cedi from Afraid Woyomi. U think d world is all about NDC and NPP noise.Ur country produce cocoa, gold etc but 98 % properties and investment in Ghana is own by foreigners. D only develop place in Ghana is ur capital, Accra. And ghana have only 1 international airport. Travel to upper east ,upper west, northern, volta region etc u will cry for ur hypocrisy ghana. Lazy ugly animal, Ivory coast is the number one cocoa producer in world but travel to ivory coast and see how develop ivory coast is. Ghana leaders are the most corrupt people in world but they pretend to be saints because people they rule are lazy fools. Lazy, ugly ungreatful animals have u see Gold in ur life. Lazy animal wakeup we are in 2012. People don't believe in noise, insult or gossip in this modern. people now believe in reality.

Ugly jobless animal like you who wants to be in the presence of a fine race!! NO!

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2012
Cusubaba: ugly jobless lazy animal. Low minded ghanaians. Insult is the only thing u ghanaians know how to do best. Go and collect ghana 500 million cedi from Afraid Woyomi. U think d world is all about NDC and NPP noise.Ur country produce cocoa, gold etc but 98 % properties and investment in Ghana is own by foreigners. D only develop place in Ghana is ur capital, Accra. And ghana have only 1 international airport. Travel to upper east ,upper west, northern, volta region etc u will cry for ur hypocrisy ghana. Lazy ugly animal, Ivory coast is the number one cocoa producer in world but travel to ivory coast and see how develop ivory coast is. Ghana leaders are the most corrupt people in world but they pretend to be saints because people they rule are lazy fools. Lazy, ugly ungreatful animals have u see Gold in ur life. Lazy animal wakeup we are in 2012. People don't believe in noise, insult or gossip in this modern. people now believe in reality.

hmmmm how did u know that i have decided not to comment again because of insults from dirty ghanians but u just made a point less than e0%of ghanians are educated and even in that 20% about 10%only have jss or sss.ghana isa country if you have waec you are worshiped and made to feel like a king.that is why their leaders here tel them rubbish and they all swallow it.

2 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by SmoothCrim: 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2012
onatisi:

hmmmm how did u know that i have decided not to comment again because of insults from dirty ghanians but u just made a point less than e0%of ghanians are educated and even in that 20% about 10%only have jss or sss.ghana isa country if you have waec you are worshiped and made to feel like a king.that is why their leaders here tel them rubbish and they all swallow it.

Get out of Ghana or you will get more slaps!

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Get out of Ghana or you will get more slaps!
are u mad i am telling them all ur secrets?ok i will keep shut .great ghana where saliva spitting a competion among the rich and poor old and young

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 3:28pm On Jul 07, 2012
onatisi:
are u mad i am telling them all ur secrets?ok i will keep shut .great ghana where saliva spitting a competion among the rich and poor old and young

great ghana the country where they have only 3english radio stations out of but 30radio stations.up up up great ghana.

3 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by jmslimx(m): 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2012
virtuoso01:
This does not mean a thing. In most cases the grass always looks greener on the other side.

No one is saying that Ghana is heaven on earth, but what many people are saying is that Ghana seems to be making much more purposeful strides towards development than Nigeria.

Brother Ghana is not developed , you cant compare Nigeria to Ghana in terms of structural development , let me tell you why people run to those places to do business . Steady Power supply which Nigeria is supplying Ghana with Gas that powers there turbines, Police doesn't harass people they way they do in Nigeria , Fast Internet now no 1. in Africa , Policies that everybody who is a citizen and non citizens enjoy and there girls with big ass.. apart from that noting much...well i see it as racism to Nigeria so far as i am concerned , I have lived virtual most part of West Africa , Gambia , Senegal , Serra-lone , Ghana , Benin , Togo its all same thing because once Nigerians begin trade even if it is selling of Nolly-wood movies the excel and other Africa countries keep wondering why is it so?

I have seen a situation when i was working for an IT firm in Gambia , The Gambia guy who wants to be like us because we dey represent , thought we are yahoo because we heard everything at our disposal Na so police CID dey watch our movement till we confronted there police and it stopped.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by SmoothCrim: 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2012
Ghana is supplying Nigeria with power...
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2012
SmoothCrim: Ghana is supplying Nigeria with power...
quote ur source, not with the epilepthic power supply you have been having which your goverment say is caused by nigeria not given you enough lng

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2012
Politics / Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by onatisi(m): 6:21pm On Jun 29
wole soyink is a noble laurete award winner and where ever he goes he is highly respected.but as respected as he is i doubt if he will stoop so low to call a sitting president of another country apart from his a lunatic and joke and later call the people of that country broken and shatterd i believe he is too busy for such silly comments no matter how truthful they might be.but from the positive response of ppl to these horrible comments from a ghanian which he cants even call his own president and his own ppl i believe nigerians are broken we no longer have a sense of pride of being a nigerian and we now lie at the lowest ebb of human dignity.maybe the prof was right after all.prof i know u are reading all these comments of ppl but believe nigerians dont forget or forgive national insults.

Politics / Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by onatisi(m): 6:53am On Jun 29
i live in ghana here and i know their mentality and how they veiw nigerians.when this man called our president unsound and clueless i opposed him but to my utter surprise some ppl came here to say the man is saying the truth i said then that an insult on gej from a ghana man is an insult not on gej alone but on nigerians ppl didnt listen then.every ghana man first objective towards nigerians is to rubbish us and tel us that they are better than nigerians.secondly as far as i am concern this man is looking for popularity by causing sontroversy if he is a busy man as he should be why does he have to make noise about a nigerian sitting president ,pls tell me will wole soyinka have the guts to call zuma of sa unsound and clueless or even benin republica president they will tell him to shut up and most likely bar him from coming there.
thirdly why does he need to make statements about nigeria if he has no interest here?and moreover taking sides politically by telling ppl to remove gej and install who?definitely the oppositin .this man has an interest in nigerian politics and he is not just saying things either business or plitical interest which he has .
i think as time go by the true picture of who this man is working for will come into play and pls nigerians know this .this man knows nigerian forums well and has been reading through them and i wont be surprise if he is a member here on nl.they read our posts and topics and know how ppl feel about gej he is only playing on what we nigerians have been saying .maybe tomorrow a sri lankan man will call nigerians fools and we will say he is talking sense too

i wrote this posts then ppl thought i was mad now a ghanian student is calling us 150 million ppl crappy .
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2012
Politics / Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onatisi(m): 8:00am On Jun 26
you need to live here to know how ghanians feel abut nigerians whether doctor ,prfessors r lunatic the first and only thing in their mind all the time is to rubbish nigeria .i wont be surprised if by tomorrow daily graphic here the so called prof comment is giving front page coverage.you have to get this right the media chat was for nigeria and nigerians only.and the issue we are talking about is someone draging the position of our president through the gutters of accra.i swear that ur prof cant refer to atta mills as clueless or unsound he would have used a more better word than tat.and here in ghana once they ntice you are a nigerian they pick up a political discussion with u about nigeria politics but once u start on their own they will ask u to shut up that it is a ghanian issue and that they are still better than nigerians.just stay here for two months and i bet u u will understand.i dont have any issues with ppl cmplaining about gej but not ghanians.i am out of here

we gave these ghanians the mouth to talk when our own ppl open their mouth anyhow to abuse nigeria and our country anyhow
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by 360command: 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2012
I live/study in Ghana, they say its in their constitution that foreign business men has no right to enter into the retail business sector of Ghana which is owned by Ghanians and it has been in their constitution since 1996. Well, they maybe right but not when it involves ECOWAS citizens, they are very wrong. Because the bulk of immigrants who travel from one country to another accross the Ecowas regions are the poor ones. Obviously, we are in africa, a situation where i cannot get job in another ECOWAS country but i have money to invest in a retail business, i think this is the best thing that can happen to me as a member of the ECOWAS STATES.

Ghana says: No ECOWAS member is allowed to trade in the market areas of Ghana e.g CIRCLE, KEJETIA ETC - if i don't trade in the market areas, where do you want me to trade ? No land is given to us by Ghanian government to do our trade ; THIS CONTRADICTS ECOWAS PROTOCOLS.

If any ECOWAS MEMBER 'Nigerians' wants to do retail business in Ghana, He/She is to pay $10,000 which he/she must partner with a Ghanian. IF he or she does not want to partner with a Ghanian, let them pay $300,000 to establish the business wholly. - $300,000 is kind of big when looking at an average Nigerian trading in VCD,DVD,TAPES, RECORDERS,clothes in a retail section which they plan to raise it from $300,000 to $1,000,000 soon .If we want to establish a business in Ghana for us to trade, we partner. If we want to sell our music in ghana, we have to do collaboration with Ghanian artist,WE PARTNER. If we want to sell our movies in Ghana, we have to partner by including ghanian actors/actresses. EVERYTHING WE PARTNER !!!!

Ghana had independence in the year 1957 and we had ours in 1960, This guys are elders in terms of age difference, why must they want us to partner with them in everything just for us to sell in Ghana. Is this the way other West African nations are doing to us ?

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by otumfour(m): 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2012
onatisi:

ghana isa country if you have waec you are worshiped and made to feel like a king.

yet Ghana has constant electricity, peaceful, no kidnappings, no boko haram, less tribalistic, fair election.........wht have ur professors and master's degree holders done for u

arrogant apes!!!!! btw.....this thread makes me feel gooooood....y'all luv our arzzes grin grin Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by otumfour(m): 11:14pm On Jul 07, 2012
360command: I live/study in Ghana![/color]

why ain't u studying in ur almighty country nigeria, ay the country where streets are painted in gold (but in reality, gargantuan pot holes grin), the 24/7 electricity having country (but in reality, generator fumes inhalers grin), the country where u can roam the streets @ night without fear (but in reality, kidnappers alert grin).....let's stop tha fairy tales.....naija is fuk'd up......

Mr. student, enjoy the 24/7 electricity and beautiful serene state of Ghana for now, cuz u sure ain't getting tht in naija......

tha truth has been hurting since the beginning of man- otumfour says so grin
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by otumfour(m): 12:18am On Jul 08, 2012
Viewing this topic: 360command and 5 guest(s) undecided
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by 360command: 12:45am On Jul 08, 2012
otumfour:

why ain't u studying in ur almighty country nigeria, ay the country where streets are painted in gold (but in reality, gargantuan pot holes grin), the 24/7 electricity having country (but in reality, generator fumes inhalers grin), the country where u can roam the streets @ night without fear (but in reality, kidnappers alert grin).....let's stop tha fairy tales.....naija is fuk'd up......

Mr. student, enjoy the 24/7 electricity and beautiful serene of Ghana for now cuz u sure ain't getting tht in naija......

tha truth has been hurting since the beginning of man- otumfour says so grin

Bro, I have studied in Nigeria before coming to Ghana for studies.I did information technology back in the Nigerian university.In this life, going to school, you need money and if you want the best of the best education,it is money.Even the Americans go out to study abroad. every countries has got its areas of specialty in terms of studies ; Caribbeans and its health sector in the university, studying engineering go to Germany, information technology go to Finland, studying business go to America or UK etc..

I am not here to argue or make a point with you cause i know you want this thread to be filled up with comments.I have been to different countries of the west African regions and the only thing i see beneficial is the average constant electric power(which is better than Nigeria) that makes the system calm,nice and beautiful in a certain way.Still, they are all third world. A system where government cannot provide its citizens with good governance , health, sound education,jobs, food, shelter and electric power is nothing to write home about.Despite all this you mentioned about naija been f**ked up, does it not shock you that the country is progressing forward economically? how are they(Nigerians) doing it ? Ghana which is not having the problems as you mentioned is still lacking behind. when i came to ghana , 1 usd was equivalent to 1 cedi , but now it is ₵1.95. A bottle of coke from 80 pes is now ₵1.20. (what is happening to Ghana's economy) !!! Post comment that would make reasoning so as people can use it to improve whatever issues on ground,we all know our leaders are not doing well enough for we africans, Please stop the hate cause it is not pushing ECOWAS forward.

En Dieu nous croyons -In God we trust.

2 Likes

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by SmoothCrim: 7:19am On Jul 08, 2012
360command:

Bro, I have studied in Nigeria before coming to Ghana for studies.I did information technology back in the Nigerian university.In this life, going to school, you need money and if you want the best of the best education,it is money.Even the Americans go out to study abroad. every countries has got its areas of specialty in terms of studies ; Caribbeans and its health sector in the university, studying engineering go to Germany, information technology go to Finland, studying business go to America or UK etc..

I am not here to argue or make a point with you cause i know you want this thread to be filled up with comments.I have been to different countries of the west African regions and the only thing i see beneficial is the average constant electric power(which is better than Nigeria) that makes the system calm,nice and beautiful in a certain way.Still, they are all third world. A system where government cannot provide its citizens with good governance , health, sound education,jobs, food, shelter and electric power is nothing to write home about.Despite all this you mentioned about naija been f**ked up, does it not shock you that the country is progressing forward economically? how are they(Nigerians) doing it ? Ghana which is not having the problems as you mentioned is still lacking behind. when i came to ghana , 1 usd was equivalent to 1 cedi , but now it is ₵1.95. A bottle of coke from 80 pes is now ₵1.20. (what is happening to Ghana's economy) !!! Post comment that would make reasoning so as people can use it to improve whatever issues on ground,we all know our leaders are not doing well enough for we africans, Please stop the hate cause it is not pushing ECOWAS forward.

En Dieu nous croyons -In God we trust.

Ghana is FAR better off than Nigeria! Do you want me to list the numerous problems of nigeria

1) Life expectancy of 47
2) 70 percent of country under Boko Haram rule
3) 80 percent of population living in poverty
4) No electricity - even though Ghana is exporting power to Nigeria

Shall I go on??

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by gst101: 8:14am On Jul 08, 2012
light is more constant in ghana not becos the generate more than we do but becos the litle they generate is under utilised. They dont have as many companies as we have in nigeria. And light covers a smaller percentage of their geographical area.
Nigeria may be generating less than 4000MW, but 4000MW is obviously not what we use. Put all of the watts we generate using our generators together and i bet you, even SA will not generate that much. Come to our places of business anytime anyday and you will see light. Thats strong enterprenural spirit which is hallmark of the nigerian! We have shown that we can be independent of our govt; a character you have not shown.
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 8:38am On Jul 08, 2012
crim please tell me where did u get the information that ghana is exprting electrity to nigeria?over here in accra there is constant and errattic power failures.remeber very well that even ghanians are complainig that ecg ur power company is not performing .do u remeber the match between ghana and lestho when power went off for 2hurs during match last month.and the president had to suspend the regional manager before the end f the match?
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by onatisi(m): 8:41am On Jul 08, 2012
gst101: light is more constant in ghana not becos the generate more than we do but becos the litle they generate is under utilised. They dont have as many companies as we have in nigeria. And light covers a smaller percentage of their geographical area.
Nigeria may be generating less than 4000MW, but 4000MW is obviously not what we use. Put all of the watts we generate using our generators together and i bet you, even SA will not generate that much. Come to our places of business anytime anyday and you will see light. Thats strong enterprenural spirit which is hallmark of the nigerian! We have shown that we can be independent of our govt; a character you have not shown.
dont mind crim.the only place in accra where there is constant power is osu and cantnment all the other na power go power come
Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by rhymz(m): 11:21am On Jul 08, 2012
Can the Ghanaians in this forum raise the intellectual level of their arguments, it seems all too glaring to me that all the Ghanaians here can not go past ignorant boastful rants that adds nothing to their argument.
How many of them have even come to understand the vagueness of the GIPC act that they are using in defence of their actions. Too much follow follow and less intellectual scrutiny amongst Ghanaians, there's a lot of inconsistencies in the act to begin with.
Seriously, if an foreigner should engage the services of an attorney, s/he will have a good case and chance.

1 Like

Re: Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses by samfibby(m): 11:26am On Jul 08, 2012
@petrodolla. How come you hate nigerians, but you know much more about nigeria than nigerians do. But, from ur post, i deduce that u must love nigeria so much, but u pretend u dont. You are one sorry ass loser. Drop all that bitterness for once.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? / Christmas: Lagos Beer Parlour Operators Lament Low Patronage / How To Withdraw From Neteller In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.