Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? (1818 Views)

Dwarf Couple Wed In Ebonyi At Catholic Church (Photos) / Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? / Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by myboo: 10:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
Hi guys, I just met ds girl that am tripping for...we have been flowing ever since. Am wanting to settle down anytime soon and am just wondering whether it would work out cos she is strict catholic and am protestant. How can I be able to convince her to change her faith and will it work?
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Mynd44: 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2012
It depends on you two and your maturity
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Rocktation(f): 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2012
Of cos, it can work. It's not like you'll be the first couple to be in this kind of situation. It takes a certain kind of understanding though. And making it work doesn't always require anybody to switch faiths, but if you must, that person could always be you. I mean, you're in the same love right? So go ahead, make that sacrifice.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Lolajoy(f): 2:29am On Jul 09, 2012
One of you will have to change your church trust me.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Diamondwriter(m): 10:59am On Jul 09, 2012
Bliv me she wont 'switch faith'...so u shud
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by wurajone(f): 11:05am On Jul 09, 2012
Diamondwriter: Bliv me she wont 'switch faith'...so u shud

I'm proud to be a catholic grin

4 Likes

Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by OgidiOlu3(m): 11:07am On Jul 09, 2012
U guys are still Christians nw, innit? Why can't it work?
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Diamondwriter(m): 11:11am On Jul 09, 2012
wurajone:

I'm proud to be a catholic grin
yeah me too

1 Like

Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by honeric01(m): 11:14am On Jul 09, 2012
myboo: Hi guys, I just met ds girl that am tripping for...we have been flowing ever since. Am wanting to settle down anytime soon and am just wondering whether it would work out cos she is strict catholic and am protestant. How can I be able to convince her to change her faith and will it work?

DO NOT SWITCH except you are not a "real" CHRIST-LIKE in the first place.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by dealordea(m): 11:36am On Jul 09, 2012
Am a muslim and my wifey to be is a catholic, we rest each other religion!! Lmao
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Onegai(f): 11:46am On Jul 09, 2012
OMG, run!!!! This is catholicism, forget that they preach the gospel of Jesus Christ there, read the same bible you read and one of their most powerful prayers is Psalm 23! They are obviously different from you because they are not pentecostals (even though the pentecostal church started from catholic church), infact, catholics are the same as hindus, muslims and Ifa and Olokun worshippers!! How can you expect this girl to understand and believe in the God you serve, whom is the same God she serves!! Nooo!!

Yep, that above is what sarcasm sounds like. You do know that you are judging this young lady and that isn't, oh what's the word, er, CHRIST-LIKE OF YOU.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Exponental(m): 12:04pm On Jul 09, 2012
Why worry? Catholics dont insist u marry catholic. Many of their daughters have married non catholics n their marriage was celebrated in the catholic church by a catholic priest.
If u know wat u want, go 4 it!
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by angiemartinez(f): 2:03pm On Jul 09, 2012
Onegai: OMG, run!!!! This is catholicism, forget that they preach the gospel of Jesus Christ there, read the same bible you read and one of their most powerful prayers is Psalm 23! They are obviously different from you because they are not pentecostals (even though the pentecostal church started from catholic church), infact, catholics are the same as hindus, muslims and Ifa and Olokun worshippers!! How can you expect this girl to understand and believe in the God you serve, whom is the same God she serves!! Nooo!!
Yep, that's what sarcasm sounds like. You do know that you are judging this young lady and that isn't, oh what's the word, er, CHRIST-LIKE OF YOU.
u r jst so sillly, am so sory to say
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by angiemartinez(f): 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2012
@op i was almst temptd 2 blive u r my fiance, am catholic 2 n he is a pentecostal. I wouldnt want our kids 2 atend seperate church, so av already made up my mind 2 join him. Though am nt goin 2 find it funny, so i tink one of u has 2 make d sacrifce 4 it 2 work.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Blessedla(f): 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2012
Am a catholic too,if am not marrying a catholic he should wedd me in catholic church,with that i will be ok,so try it.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2012
Abeg dnt turn ds thread 2 pentecostal against catholicism_advsc d guy joor
@poster_luv conquers all_communicate ur fears and get her stands abt it_cath no be juju,u can join her 2

1 Like

Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Onegai(f): 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2012
OP, my point is that being catholic is not a reason to not pursue a relationship with someone. And wow, you guys don't get sarcasm, do ya? No? Oh okay,okay.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by shizzle11(m): 1:51am On Jul 10, 2012
Onegai: OP, my point is that being catholic is not a reason to not pursue a relationship with someone. And wow, you guys don't get sarcasm, do ya? No? Oh okay,okay.

angiemartinez obviously didn't understand you were being sarcastic.

@op, go ahead and marry her, it will work. Marriage involves a lot of sacrifice, you should make that sacrifice if you trully love her, afterall protestants bolted away from catholic, nothing wrong if you go back to the root.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by ektbear: 6:33am On Jul 10, 2012
Christian is Christian. Shouldn't be a big deal. At some point you'll have to pick a new church to go to together.

But this would be true if she is Baptist and attends a different church
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Parisfran(f): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
A lot of people are in this position, the easiest solution is who can switch church should switch. My mum switched to my dad's church and now she's more serious than my dad that brought her into the church.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Mynd44: 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:
U guys are still Christians nw, innit? Why can't it work?
Cos the OP is a religious bigot

1 Like

Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by tpia1: 12:23am On Nov 11, 2012
you date catholic, you dont know if it will work out, you date igbo, you dont know if that's a problem, you date broken home, you're whining on nl

no need to ask if something is wrong with you.

or how many ids you're masquerading under here. undecided
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by jigwe101: 2:53am On Nov 11, 2012
Why would you want to change her faith? Doesn't she believe in the same God you do? Other people fall for muslims and ask if that will work but you're here asking if it'll work out because she's not in the same christain denomination as you. As long as she loves God, that is what you should be looking for. Religion and relationship with God are as different as night and day. Stop being shallow and look at the love she has for God.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by bendazum: 3:37am On Nov 11, 2012
Rocktation: Of cos, it can work. It's not like you'll be the first couple to be in this kind of situation. It takes a certain kind of understanding though. And making it work doesn't always require anybody to switch faiths, but if you must, that person could always be you. I mean, you're in the same love right? So go ahead, make that sacrifice.

Advice him also to change his surname to the wife's own. undecided
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by bendazum: 3:42am On Nov 11, 2012
Blessedla: Am a catholic too,if am not marrying a catholic he should wedd me in catholic church,with that i will be ok,so try it.

I once heard about a guy who agreed to this only for the wife to refuse to join him.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Flashaldrin(m): 4:26am On Nov 11, 2012
angiemartinez: u r jst so sillly, am so sory to say
you're the silly one, if you were so thick not to notice the sarcasm staring at you in the face.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Flashaldrin(m): 4:26am On Nov 11, 2012
Onegai: OMG, run!!!! This is catholicism, forget that they preach the gospel of Jesus Christ there, read the same bible you read and one of their most powerful prayers is Psalm 23! They are obviously different from you because they are not pentecostals (even though the pentecostal church started from catholic church), infact, catholics are the same as hindus, muslims and Ifa and Olokun worshippers!! How can you expect this girl to understand and believe in the God you serve, whom is the same God she serves!! Nooo!!

Yep, that above is what sarcasm sounds like. You do know that you are judging this young lady and that isn't, oh what's the word, er, CHRIST-LIKE OF YOU.
she has said it all!
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by question(m): 6:39am On Nov 11, 2012
myboo: Hi guys, I just met ds girl that am tripping for...we have been flowing ever since. Am wanting to settle down anytime soon and am just wondering whether it would work out cos she is strict catholic and am protestant. How can I be able to convince her to change her faith and will it work?

OP, What are you trying to work out.. Marriage or Fling?

If it is just a fling then no problem. But if marriage, then you are taking a big risk. Die-hard, strict catholics are difficult to change.

Whether it (marriage) will work or not... ONLY GOD KNOWS.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Mynd44: 6:48am On Nov 11, 2012
Are Catholics not human again?
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by UjSizzle(f): 11:16am On Nov 11, 2012
If she's a strict catholic with knighted parents then you hav a big problem.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Mynd44: 11:23am On Nov 11, 2012
uj_sizzle: If she's a strict catholic with knighted parents then you hav a big problem.
No you don't. What makes you think she and her parents are the same?
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2012
Mynd_44: Are Catholics not human again?

help me ask them o....am a pentecostal but i will marry any christain lady am in love with..if she doesn't want to convert to being a pentecostal, its okay by me.i either join her in being a catholic or remain a pentecostal and allow her choose which ever christain denomination she wants

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am I Inlove With My Bestfriend / A Must Read For Ladies Seeking Rich Husbands / A Letter To The Mother Of My Unborn Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.