Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? (1834 Views)

Dwarf Couple Wed In Ebonyi At Catholic Church (Photos) / Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? / Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by UjSizzle(f): 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
Mynd_44:
No you don't. What makes you think she and her parents are the same?
I'll assume you didn't quite comprehend my statement.

Knighted Catholic families most often than not are concerned about public image(in the church) and are likely not going to accept a marriage between their daughter and a non-catholic esp not a Pentecostal, unless said guy is willing to become a catholic.
This is the traditional reaction of some catholic families to marriage. It's probably going to be worse if she's ibo...na dem carry catholic church for head.
Gladly though there are a few this doesn't affect. Maybe OPs' girl's one of 'em smiley.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by lipsyliscious: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2012
Of course it can work @ op,my dad is a catholic n my mum is a protestant. We were raised 2 attend d 1 we wanted bt we followed my mum basically because my dad works in a far away place so he's not around most sundays. My dad still says we are catholics by birth bt he knows we attend winners chapel. I don't mind marrying a catholic honestly or a protestant d important tin 2 me is dat it is still christianity xcept of course white garment churches. I'm sure wen u're ready 2 settle down @ op ur wife will switch church 4 u no matter how grounded she is in d catholic dominion xcept u're willing 2 switch
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by lipsyliscious: 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2012
uj_sizzle:
I'll assume you didn't quite comprehend my statement.

Knighted Catholic families most often than not are concerned about public image(in the church) and are likely not going to accept a marriage between their daughter and a non-catholic esp not a Pentecostal, unless said guy is willing to become a catholic.
This is the traditional reaction of some catholic families to marriage. It's probably going to be worse if she's ibo...na dem carry catholic church for head.
Gladly though there are a few this doesn't affect. Maybe OPs' girl's one of 'em smiley.
my dad is a knight in d catholic church
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Rocktation(f): 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2012
I can't believe that this topic is getting so much attention, after so long.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2012
If you really love each other and are committed to spending the rest of your lives together, then you will be able to work it out. Just talk to her about it and suggest ways in which you can make it work.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by UjSizzle(f): 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2012
lipsyliscious: my dad is a knight in d catholic church
If you read that properly you'd know i wasn't generalising. My initial post did say there 'may' be a problem. I've had catholic friends and we've had discussions like this in the past. If OP's girl is anything like said friends then there sure is a problem.
Re: She Is Catholic, And Am Not. Can It Work Out? by Soglad(f): 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
wurajone:

I'm proud to be a catholic grin
am proudly catholic. I ve dis suitor, he is a sabbath(white garment) i ve told him off yet he dont wht to take NO for an ans. He want to join my church but i refused because pple advised me against dat. We dont knw each other b4, met thru someone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hubby Believes Women Should Not Intiate Sex! / Do We Need A Reason To Fall In Love? / What's An Open Relationship All About:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.