Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,360 members, 7,826,404 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? (31883 Views)

Spectranet Increases Tariffs / MTN Finally Acquires Visafone / MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by TeamLCS: 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
ideaz: When will our government wake up and allow us change our networks at will while still maintaining same number as it is done in Ghana and other countries today?

Until then, MTN won't know the level of disatisfaction their customers feel and how unpopular they have become.

LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT DAY MY BROTHER.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Cyberconnect12: 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2012
About a year ago, I started a thread on MTN's greed, insensitivity to the plight of their customers, and abuse of the rare priviledge bestowed on them by their teeming customers, pride, amongst other other crimes. I compared their tariffs to other networks and pointed out that they were out to kill their customers rather than add value to their lives.

Fast forward to a year and some months later, MTN is now charging 5k/sec for MTN to MTN calls? Is this not an indication that they are no longer as comfortable as they used to be? Rman, where are you? Can you explain why your bosses are now charging customers for MTN to MTN call @ 5k per sec?

But the sad news is, its too late for MTN. I am not going back to them. They made me cross the point of no return and at this point, I am done with them.

What are your takes people?
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by alex406(m): 1:23pm On Jul 11, 2012
This tarriff is the worst of all their tarriff,imagine making a call for 5kb/sec and in the next few mins u are charged up to 40kb/sec on the same zone. It really suck.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Greatdezzy(m): 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
bini girl: MTN una be thief...
Yeah.
They are thieves, really!
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by asudan: 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2012
Greatdezzy:
Yeah.
They are thieves, really!
they are not.na by force to use mtn or they charm you abeg leave mtn say other network dey to use.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by rman: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2012
This reasons below can only come from a kid or who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Keep wasting away your productive years chasing MTN, when they crash or leave your miserable life will still be starring you in the eye. MTN must crash, they are frauds, but you keep using them. Typical NIGERIAN. Everything and every decision they make is based on sentiments. Leave the goddamn network and get a life. How hard can that be for you?

fork adict:

Ok. na you and your employer fit reason logically abi? No worry number portability go soon show.

Now you keep asking why people keep complaining about how forked MTN is a service provider yet you guys keep making money? Ill explain. You see like most people here have confessed, many of us have MTN sims implying your customer base is huge. We also confess to using the sims for incoming call alone and not outgoing calls and that we recharge once a while jsut to keep the sim active. these are the reasons why you guys havent gone bankrupt all this while. Cos even when we receive calls with this mtn sims, mtn get paid N10 per min by the calling network. On a scale basis, if you multiply this by an average number of call time per subscriber, multiplied by the number of subscribers then the amount accruing to MTN by their subscribers who only receive calls with their SIM becomes huge.

YOUR DOOMSDAY WILL DEFINITELY COME ONCE NUMBER PORTABILITY TAKES FULL EFFECT. WHEN PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO RECEIVE CALLS MEANT FOR THEIR MTN LINES ON OTHER LINES. THIS IS THE MAIN REASON I WANT IT TO TAKE OFF AND NOT THE FREEBIES YOU SUGGESTED IN YOUR POST BRO. MATTER OF FACT, YOUR COUNTDOWN STARTS NOW 365, 364, 363.....
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by forkadict(m): 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2012
rman:
This reasons below can only come from a kid or who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Keep wasting away your productive years chasing MTN, when they crash or leave your miserable life will still be starring you in the eye.

But at least i would be glad that the blood sucking vampires (which includes you cos they pay you for licking their assss) would be either out of jobs or out of naija. For good!
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Revolva(m): 1:55pm On Jul 11, 2012
Can u imagine this mtn has been ripping me 100 naira daily charges just because I initially signed up for this yeye hyundai win a car promo and I stopped answering question despite my huge point I stopped it because I don tire for the never ending questions

Na so dem start to dey rip me even I no answer the questions oo
Pls who knows the unsubscribe code
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by kumbalo(m): 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2012
etisalat has the best and the fastest internet bandwith
glo has the best call rates
mtn has the 'widest coverage' as they claim. Now u know why i use glo and etisalt.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by forkadict(m): 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2012
binger: Who cares if u are going back to them or not.They are making thier money and you are definitely expendable

Fine. i might be expendable now. But when number portablity takes effect and millions of like minded customers dump their forking SIMS for good, we'll see how expendable we will be at the time.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by forkadict(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2012
Revolva: Can u imagine this mtn has been ripping me 100 naira daily charges just because I initially signed up for this yeye hyundai win a car promo and I stopped answering question despite my huge point I stopped it because I don tire for the never ending questions

Na God catch you. Who tell you say mtn fit give you hyundai? before mtn go fit give you that hyundai so, the card wey you go don buy for don fit buy Prado. nna forget that tin.

You fit call dem customer care or beg rman make he show you the way cos na im be MTN resident chief barrister for nairaland

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Sike(m): 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2012
Even my Enemies can never use that MTN line. I trust them!!
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Guyman02: 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2012
b03liberty: I will definitely edit my contact. places i use mtn to glo. its becoming phenomenon for mtn to be deducting their customer airtime of no any account. the first time they deduct my airtime, i called their centre and my money was refunded,albeit i was first accused of subscribed for their promo which i did not. and since that day, it has become every 4-4 days of removing 100 naira from my balance. call their centre they will not pick or when they pick it they will argue that i subscribed for their promo. its crazy for mtn undecided

All this TEXT and WIN people. How sure are you that you or someone has not registered your phone for those fake promos.

Any I have an MTN line for receiving calls while I only buy credit for my Glo Infinito which I have enjoyed for long now. I have so much Glo bonuses that I am looking for Glo subscribers to call
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Guyman02: 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2012
Revolva: Can u imagine this mtn has been ripping me 100 naira daily charges just because I initially signed up for this yeye hyundai win a car promo and I stopped answering question despite my huge point I stopped it because I don tire for the never ending questions

Buhahahahahahaha grin grin grin He laughs and falls off his seat Buhahahaha grin grin grin
You don graduate from Drink and Win to Text and Win. Chei! Old man wash hand clean come use stone dey break kernel for fowl.
You wan drive Hyundai, but now MTN is driving you crazy with daily N100 deductions forcefully taken without your consent for being unwise.
Seriously, I feel your pain of being cheated for thinking that the promos are real.
Anyway just call their customer care and ask them how to unsubscribe. And next time dont fall mugu again. All thse GSM promos are not what you hear on their adverts using Nollwood actors.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by rman: 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2012
fork adict:

But at least i would be glad that the blood sucking vampires (which includes you cos they pay you for licking their assss) would be either out of jobs or out of naija. For good!
cheesy
A kid
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by beto2gbaski: 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
the only useful thing I do with my mtn line is friends and family and dats cos my peeps have decided not to see the light. Any other thing, I use my glo and airtel lines
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by luluosas(m): 8:49pm On Jul 11, 2012
Then, I invite you to Glo Flexi plan, the 'only' plan that discounts all your Glo calls unconditionally between 10% - 50%, irrespective of the time of call and location. In fact, all Glo calls on Flexi is less than N10/min. This is as far as I have been using it. Dial *135*1# now to try it.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by dkings101(m): 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
You wanna know what we did to DSTV....let me tell u all tat still pays for DSTV. Like someone here rightly said, the info is not secret. DSTV and MTN are all scum bag and we need to rip them off too. Can you imagine being shown 8 yrs ago films on African Magics and the worst is they keep on repeating while you pay bills monthly to see rubbish viewing. For those tat got 26k for new installation, here is what you need to do.

If you ve the 90cm DSTV dish, (y). Go to Alaba and buy the following:
1. N12,000 DVR Mytv decorder.
2. N5000 or N6000 Avatar 2.
3. Small dish with 1 LNB (if u ve the 90cm dish cos you need 2 dish to be installed or vice versa)
4. Get a installer from Alaba itself and they knw how to configure or set the parameter for the satelite.

And do me this favor, throw the DSTV decoder either away or under ur bed or give ur kids to play with it cos it wont be useful at all cos wat you would be viewing is the same as ppl pay N11-12k monthly subscription. Even if the channel r blocked by DSTV, Alaba ppl would unlock it again and u just ve to update your Avatar software with a new one at a token not more then 1k.

I wish we got free code to browse on MTN so we can rip them off as well. Stupid S.A fool. Tat not even enuf, they brought out Gotv so they can still rip us more. Using the free-to-air DSTV pays brethen even if it goes off and on...i prefer it then paying or dashing my money to DSTV at least i can use it to refill my hse cooking gas.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Chinux(m): 11:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
I dnt knw y mtn ntwork run promos they knw they can live up to or fufil ...very useles a ntwrk.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Chinux(m): 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2012
Whch is the best for BIS or internet services amng the rem ntwrks ...mtn xcluded
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Rex123(m): 12:00am On Jul 12, 2012
Chinux: Whch is the best for BIS or internet services amng the rem ntwrks ...mtn xcluded

Try glo bro nd see d internet in new light... Glo gives U̶̲̥̅̊ 3g for 1400 nd U̶̲̥̅̊ can always bank on d network service.... Airtel gives U̶̲̥̅̊ 1g it okay tho buh I prefer glo.... Neva tried etisalat buh I hear it okay. Buh for fast internet connection fast downloads mhen I give it Τ̅☺ Glo.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by hoesville: 9:12am On Jul 12, 2012
The best thing to di is to have more than one network i.e MTN, Airtel and/or etisalat
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Cwhyte(m): 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
GboyegaD:

If this was possible I would have switched a long while but I just do not want to because I still get text messages on my MTN but their BIS has punished me and distant me from my many BIS friends. I think there is still so much to do concerning service provision in Nigeria because NCC is not thinking about it that it is not a matter of the number of lines we have but how active they are.

NCC has already stated that Number portability will be possible by 2013. Hope they'll succeed.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by onoti(f): 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2012
bini girl: MTN una be thief...
GBAM!!!
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by TalkingBird: 6:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
MTN the ..... connection.
I have some loved ones working there. I hope they learn fast, so our people continue to keep their jobs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

App To Watch Online Youtube Video On Nokia C2-o3 / I Have 19k To Buy Phone But Need Suggestion Of Good One. / Itel And Olamide Launch Itel P36 And P36 Pro In First Virtual Product Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.