Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,420 members, 7,830,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People (4100 Views)

Why Having A Phd Is A Waste – Bishop Oyedepo / Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? / That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by InesQor(m): 10:30pm On Jul 12, 2012
Do not even waste time on Nairaland at all... wink
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by MacDaddy01: 10:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
InesQor: Do not even waste time on Nairaland at all... wink

Epic! thank you!
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by spicyv1(f): 2:53am On Jul 13, 2012
thehomer:

D'aww. Are you Christians giving up?
How about the Great Commission?
I'm open to reasonable arguments. If God hasn't given you the best arguments, then why don't you go and cry unto him for failing you? Good arguments led me to reject your God, better arguments will help me do otherwise. If your God gave you faith, why doesn't he give me some too? Or am I to shutter my reasoning for that to work?
If you're looking for fertile grounds, then I advice you to leave the Internet because it is where religions come to die.

It may seem to you that we are giving up. We aren't, we are only giving in to what scriptures has instructed us on, " do not be a part θf godless arguments that questions the existence θf God..."

You claim that good argument made you reject d living God and a better argument will make you do otherwise? Hahaha classic case θf what the bible describes θf your kind, " you are unstable in all your ways, easily swayed by every new doctrine"!

Fellow brothers and sisTers in Christ the end is truly near, now is the time to hold on to our faith in Christ Jesus more than ever before! Jesus reigns!

1 Like

Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by spicyv1(f): 2:57am On Jul 13, 2012
mikeeze: @op inasmuch i understand what you wrote,ur thesis is wrong!.how do i mean? We"ve been sent to preach to such people but if they dont accept what you say,"wipe the dust off your feet"and pray for them instead.

I think you are the one who has misunderstood the poster. To preach is not the same as to argue! The bible is clear on both! Preach and when it results in argument that borders on the existence θf God end it dia! Gbam!
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by spicyv1(f): 3:03am On Jul 13, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Deluded fool. You must be ignorant of the people that live better lives than you without Jesus. Does a person really need Jesus to be good?

Here is a reminder

[img]http://3.bp..com/--07wpi3QRAU/TfqCn2RcrjI/AAAAAAAAAaM/kiTyqOnnzKo/s1600/Good+without+God.JPG[/img]

There is a way that seems right to a man but the end is destruction! You may feel that the people you know who are living without Jesus are living better lives, but the end will tell.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by thehomer: 6:06am On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v:

It may seem to you that we are giving up. We aren't, we are only giving in to what scriptures has instructed us on, " do not be a part θf godless arguments that questions the existence θf God..."

Please, what book, chapter and verse are you quoting?

spicy v:
You claim that good argument made you reject d living God and a better argument will make you do otherwise? Hahaha classic case θf what the bible describes θf your kind, " you are unstable in all your ways, easily swayed by every new doctrine"!

Arguments aren't doctrine. If I'm easily swayed by every new doctrine, why don't you present your best or strongest doctrine that best explains what we see?

spicy v:
Fellow brothers and sisTers in Christ the end is truly near, now is the time to hold on to our faith in Christ Jesus more than ever before! Jesus reigns!

If your faith is so strong and assured, then surely, your prayers must work and I would be saved. Unless of course your God is still hiding his Holy Spirit.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by PastorAIO: 6:39am On Jul 13, 2012
MacDaddy01:

The op is the kind of christian that can not live with people of other faiths/religion/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOpva_iit-8

Wow! "They'll be on my prayer list to the day I die. Everyone of them, I speak that into existence. Everyone of them, I planted that seed and I will see the harvest".

ostensibly lovely words but it's amazing how she says it like a threat. A very vicious threat.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by MacDaddy01: 6:58am On Jul 13, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Wow! "They'll be on my prayer list to the day I die. Everyone of them, I speak that into existence. Everyone of them, I planted that seed and I will see the harvest".

ostensibly lovely words but it's amazing how she says it like a threat. A very vicious threat.

She is known as the God warrior. The full episode on youtube.
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by PastorAIO: 11:27am On Jul 13, 2012
Too slow. I've already watched it. First thing I did after watching the clip above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l-onGQxICQ
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by MacDaddy01: 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2012
Pastor AIO: Too slow. I've already watched it. First thing I did after watching the clip above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l-onGQxICQ

Intelligent people are always curious to find out things. Nice one
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 14, 2012
Then theres no need for evangelism
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by tEsLim(m): 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2012
Who made them unholy people? Who are you to judge? Didn't you bible / quran etc and your gods warn you not to judge?
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by truthislight: 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2012
cyrexx: so it is true that the core message can be summarised as:

A long long time ago, an all-knowing (omniscient) un-created Spiritual Being in the sky created some other spiritual beings who He knew would piss Him off. When they did, He punished them and sent them off only to make human beings who He also knew would eventually piss him off again. When they did, He killed almost all of them.

Eventually, the all-knowing Being in the sky got fed up with the human beings doing things He knew they were going to do that would piss Him off again, so he takes his son and nails him to a cross and says" See? Now look what you made me do. You should be ashamed of yourselves"

Isn't that the essence of the core message in the Bible and the rest is just to fill up more space

This Omnicient/destiny stuff i dont accept it as such it does not complicate my thinking like it does some people, cus i think this issues are not quite understood.

Note. The bible said we are made in God's image.

The fact that i am skillful in singing does not means that in all my existance i will be singing all the time, if one should sing all the time what time will he have left to attend to other important activities?

If God will have to forsee the furture of man and sees the outcome it then means we have been destin and he has to see to it to ensure the outcome.

So, God does not have other things to do?
What time will he have to attain to other things?

Thats not to say he cannot destin things if he so desires.

What then is the reason for system control automation if not to free the designer from constantly attending to the process for desired result, so as to be able to attend to other important activities? This is more efficient.

If we can automate inanimate things, human with freewill are far superior since they can make rational decission owing to human having a mind to make rational decission.
This makes it far more possible for human to continue on their own.
Of what use then will the freewill be if God will have to confine himself to constantly ensuring compliance owing to him having forseen the future for rational being and not left them to live life as freemoral agents?

As it was obviouse in Eden, he allowed them to epress their freewill. And choices

Satan also has freewill. He is also in God's image.

There is something worth noting owing to what happend in eden.
Consider this scenario:

assuming a maths lecturer was lecturing in a class when one of his pupil rudely interupted and said that the teacher was wrong in his solving of the maths and some other student in the class sided with the rebelious student while others remain as just observers.
What do you think is the best aproach for the lecturer to handle the situation?
Kick out the rebelious students from the class?
Or give the student the chalk and blackboard to prove his point?
If he should kick them out, the question remain unanswered. The issues has nothing to do with "might" (power)

What if he allowes the rebels the oportunity to solve the maths for the whole class to see? Giving him the chalk and board?
Also, while the student is at it solving the maths,
1. will it be right for the lecturer to interupt the student, No
2. Will it be wise for the lecturer to give the student a helping hand? No

his solving will put the matter to rest and will allow all to know who was on the right, and build the confident of observing student, while at the same time justifies the subsequent action that the lecturer will take.

Yes, satan is the rebel student and ever since he has been solving the maths as the Ruler and so far we can see how well he is doing.
The complain we are having be at the receiving end clearly shows he has fail the show working and the answer, and will be kick out of the class.

This analogy is to paint a picture of what the bible teach and the scenario we are in.

A clear understanding of this issue from the bible is necessary for one to make an inform decission and understand whats happening.
Peace
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by truthislight: 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2012
There are wrong unstanding to the issue of destiny.
Some issues have nothing to do with destiny of human but is taught that it does when it is not.

Consider when the bible made the statement
"come enjoy the kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world"
most people have taken this to mean that certain people have been destin from the founding or the world= error

what has been destin from the founding of the world is the kingdom. A paradise,
That is from the begining of creation it Has been fixe destin if u like,
that there will be a kingdom for people to enter or live in.
So, the invitation is for people to make themself available for a never failing promise of a kingdom.

Now, when people teach that from the founding of the world certain people have been destin by an Omnicient God people then ride on such wrong notion to find fault with God are they right?
Re: Do Not Waste Time On Unholy People by mikeeze(m): 10:14pm On Jul 14, 2012
spicy v:

I think you are the one who has misunderstood the poster. To preach is not the same as to argue! The bible is clear on both! Preach and when it results in argument that borders on the existence θf God end it dia! Gbam!
spicy v:

spicy v:

dnt know what version of bible you read.what you wrote,where is it written in the bible?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? / The New Birth And The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit - When One Becomes A Christian / What Does The Bible Say About Political Correctness? Should A Christian Be 'PC'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.