Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor (23607 Views)

How Jonathan Appointed Suspected Serial Thief To Head Radio Nig - Premium Times / Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan / Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by bodejohn(m): 8:55am On Jul 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Is it constitutionally wrong ? Is she qualified to be permanent secretary. I avoid to react emotionally on this, if the constitution is silent on this or does not kick against it, then I think its okay by me.

Even GEJ thinks the constitution needs review.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:55am On Jul 12, 2012
the part the always beats me hollow is that this our president is supposed to be educated.

honestly, is this the result of his so-called education? does he not think about the impact of this things?

and WHAT TYPE OF ADVISERS DOES THIS MAN HAVE?
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by saddler: 8:57am On Jul 12, 2012
Viewing this topic: Aifey, Civildisle, Lawal.z, 1Dray(m), onisq(f), starlight®®(m), tomzman, fellory, bright007(f), ukhun(m), kunle75(m), benjy4uy2k, ping pong, ozoneamani, olaezebala, niyivasaz(m), cathy09, amunites19(m), bohboh275(m), Maxymilliano, jo22, Baba na Baba, Depointer1, learn, O boy, Deacon Frost(m), adamooye5, bodejohn(m), DePriest, ibto75(m), shineskybaba, meedx, skibochi(m), TheDoc, DemmyDaat(m), arocute, area_boy1(m), Edzy, kadeerna, Javanian(f), vxtr(m), soulamanne, Bastiger(m), Blueboy0402, Maryam(f), ujoatu(m), jaffidoni, gossips, davies123, Ayonbobo(m), dayohope1(m), dadde(m), ajbabs(m), piica(m), Willzkid(m), charlsecy4(m), Bunmiemich, kennysalaht, phrankar(f), pantex, adelaja70, winnepooh, EEL, dayolove, brainbox lawal, akoraye(m), Ournaija, Abali1, Coefficient(m), vocalist(f), Ladipodeal, kokoA(m), Greatfuture, www1985, saints4rea(m), kehinde21(m), omenziate, gbadeyan2, omoshie, Lordave(m), Vidamia(m), Chidave20(m), iskonne(m), J12(m), nenepea(f), obongtunji, freecreo(f), idirect, dont8(m), hipinnacle, Shuen, Tittos, hannie, bola-dex, malikworld, igbanbajo(m), owobokiri(m), rusher14, T@BD, Dmantle, Omen100(m), bayooooooo, gabmedia, Ninilowo, Okemm(m), superior1, pcicero(m), pseudonomer, greateros(m), samuelorija218(m), Dhelake, koolboi(m), saints_1(m), Obisach(f), Abimbade, naijababe(f), clemmonce, PeeDaVinci, haykay_Cheddah(m), Olivosky, sarutobie(m), kool J(f), Biggyd2, stuhporh, miketolu(m), ambrosini593(m), Dee60, aniffy4eva(m) and 145 guest(s)
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

You are a foooooool! Where has she been working for the past seven years? Name the ministry!

We all know of Mary Odili who is now a Justice of the Supreme Court. She rose through the ranks.

Johnbull my son, the office of the perm sec is not attained solely by promotion but also by appointment. PJ worked with the MOE for a brief period before her husband became a politician.

I really don't understand the angst furore over this issue, y'all should praise PJ for stooping so low to accept a humble position as a perm sec in a state owned parastatal whilst she is the first lady.

Is she not bigger than that?
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by hipinnacle: 8:59am On Jul 12, 2012
SOON THE BAYELSA STATE UNIVERSITY WILL CONFER PROFESSOR ON JONATHAN,PHD. AND THEY WILL BE THE FIRST FAMILY OUT OF CIVIL SERVICE TO BE HONORED WITH TITLE MEANT FOR CIVIL SERVANT OR ACTIVE LECTURERS. NIGERIA I HAIL THEE.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Biggyd2: 8:59am On Jul 12, 2012
Iworiso-Markson explained that the First Lady was a teacher in the state’s civil service and has been on leave of absence since 1999 when her husband became the deputy governor of the state.

Mr. Dickson, I want to know if you will give this exemption to another person in your so called "civil service". Some mothers do 'ave them! Gosh!
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by osolomio: 9:00am On Jul 12, 2012
I choose to believe something good is on the way for bayelsans after all she's qualified.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by koolJ1(f): 9:00am On Jul 12, 2012
J12:

Johnbull my son, please read.

And in what way pray,tell have u answered his question?? Or u think we all didn read it? Lemme ask u now...in which ministry,level and position has she been working? Its stated that she was promoted--from what position dear?

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by nagoma(m): 9:00am On Jul 12, 2012
So is she now moving back to Bayelsa or is she working from Aso villa and her salary and allowances sent monthly?
Is it true that GEJ has a PhD degree? I don't believe it. He wouldn't be this daft.
We can't keep pace with Jona's blunders and clumsiness. Is he really the best man for the job?
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by feelamong(m): 9:02am On Jul 12, 2012
Make una cool down!! This is the story of the NIGERIAN DREAM!! afterall every one loves an underdog! grin

Chai!! A nations of clowns in government with all of them trying so so hard to out do the other in foolishness!! angry
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by babestella: 9:02am On Jul 12, 2012
I have always known that the big mouth governor called Seriake Dickson is full of dirty & has nothing to really offer to the people of Bayelsa, he is even worse than GEJ. I thought he had an atom of brain inside of him, now I confirm that he his in deed a dumb governor.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by omenziate(m): 9:03am On Jul 12, 2012
Is she not from Okrika in Rivers State again, and one person says she bagged a Biology degree from Uniport, wen all dis one happen again? Hmmm, dis country dey move at supersonic speed o, just one second and u are lost of happenings around U.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by MARKREN: 9:03am On Jul 12, 2012
BEAF, Ruben Abati Where are you all?

I need to hear how you will defend this one.

I bet she & the wife of the NDDC Chairman must have the necessary qualifications to be Perm Secs of the state. I bet they have the requisite skills and experience to head those ministries.

Nigeria has become a joke, a laughing stock. At this rate I wonder where we will be in 2015.

Well this is the Transformation Agenda GEJ promised.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Demdem(m): 9:03am On Jul 12, 2012
J12:

Johnbull my son, the office of the perm sec is not attained solely by promotion but also by appointment. PJ worked with the MOE for a brief period before her husband became a politician.

I really don't understand the angst furore over this issue, y'all should praise PJ for stooping so low to accept a humble position as a perm sec in a state owned parastatal whilst she is the first lady.

Agreed, pateince was a Biology teacher before 1999 and worked for MOE. The governor like u said can appoint her to that post no doubt but the issue at stake here is she has been on leave of absence since 1999. The laws forbids a person on leave of absence to be appointed to such a position. The question here then is when did she resumed her biology teaching in classes for her to be eligible for this appointment?

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by SaintChukz(m): 9:04am On Jul 12, 2012
The dogged Cluelessness of the Power brokers has got an upgrade up a notch, and just when you think u've had enough of it...they unleash more from the stored repetoire of dazzles in their clueless brains. Palmwine will definitely flow in Aso Rock over this appointment as his drunken retardeeness will say "Yes, we have achieved another poof...what can they do? Na only talk dem go talk..." mtchewww...
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by buJu234: 9:07am On Jul 12, 2012
when the Abokis where in power; we didnt see the kind of looting; corruption and mis-management.

see what the so called educated Prof. GEJ is doing...

nonesense...

little wonder they said that Nigerian graduates are not employable
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Pataki: 9:09am On Jul 12, 2012
FRESH AIRzzzzzzz cheesy

This cassava bread e dey sweet me well well oh. cheesy

Madam tabon tabon is now a PS?! No wahala na. Walai, Nigeria don enter this one chance......make we enjoy the FRESH AIRzzzzzz jare!
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 12, 2012
J12:

Your case is worse than that of Patience Jonathan. I have been right all along, you are a confirmed fooool.
Go and write it down, if this decision is not rescinded, GEJ has no iota of credibility left again.

There is no reason why someone who has been on "leave" since 1999, who is yet to resume and would then be appointed ahead of others other than she is connected to GEJ or a political figure. Is she not the same Patience Jonathan again who has been nothing short of embarrassment to her husband?

There is no fair description of what is bad than it's extremely bad. It demonstrates bad judgement, elevates sycophancy to an unprecedented level in this country.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Aifey(m): 9:10am On Jul 12, 2012
T@BD:
Nigeria with their funny way of doing things how can first lady becoming perm sect that same time. I do not know why in this country you will never hear good news only terible and funny news. God safe us
whom God is savin shuld also save him self. Do u xpect God 2 srick them death, no way. By d way. Our God is a 4givin God. Thts y thy deceive us. Is high time we started a revolution in this country againt d evil called PDP n jonathan like Ghana, Egypt, et al.God can only watcth till we act. Enough is Enough
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 12, 2012
Just when you think you've seen and heard it all.

Iworiso-Markson explained that the First Lady was a teacher in the state’s civil service and has been on leave of absence since 1999 when her husband became the deputy governor of the state.

I'd wager a bet Patience Jonathan was a failing teacher.
Any takers?

As if to pre-empt queries and unfair remarks that may trail the appointment, the governor’s spokesman argued that Mrs Jonathan would have risen to the status of a permanent secretary, if she did not punctuate her career growth by taking a leave of absence to join her husband in his political service, first to Bayelsa State and then to the entire nation.

Hear him: “But for her position, she would have been at that position before now.”
And this ascendancy would have been down to merit or bottom-power?
Is the civil service in Bayelsa state no longer meritocratic?
What a plonker!

It was not immediately known which ministry she has been posted to, albeit in absentia, or which ministry she was serving before she went on her leave of absence.

By Mrs Jonathan’s appointment, her position in the Bayelsa civil service has been retained, the leave of absence not withstanding, although the appointment will remain nominal since she is on a leave of absence. It is remarkable to note that at retirement, whether she returns to the service or not, she will be graded on the rank of permanent secretary in the Bayelsa civil service.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 12, 2012
clemmonce: NOW I UNDERSTAND. APPOINTMENT IN NIGERIA IS NOT BY CREDIBILITY ANYMORE IT IS NOW BY KNOW ME I KNOW YOU. I REPEAT ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE JUST LUCKY NOTHING ELSE
they are ǰUsτ lucky ma brother. Can u just imagine †ЂΞ impunity! Wat insolence! Arrant nonsense! Very provocatin indeed! Is ∂α† †ЂΞ major issue Dame Patience shud be tinkin abt wen 9ja is in abyss of anarchy? Instead of her τ̅o stand by her husband & help move Nigeria forward, she is jostlin & runnin around for appointments. May God forgive her.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by otokx(m): 9:13am On Jul 12, 2012
Bayelsa State has always been a huge joke right from the time it was created; we now know why Rivers State was not progressing much before now.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 12, 2012
I
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 12, 2012
kool J:

And in what way pray,tell have u answered his question?? Or u think we all didn read it? Lemme ask u now...in which ministry,level and position has she been working? Its stated that she was promoted--from what position dear?

From the best of my knowledge she worked with the ministry of education for a very short period. Apart from that, she is a university graduate, that also means she's qualified to take-up that position given that the office of the perm sec can also be made through appointment.

So even if she wasn't promoted, she was appointed and there is nothing wrong with her appointment because she is qualified.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by TheDoc: 9:19am On Jul 12, 2012
J12:

She is bigger than that position,thats the point,GREEDINESS
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by Biggyd2: 9:20am On Jul 12, 2012
Cartoon borrowed from another front page topic for today. But this is what this government does to us.

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by koolJ1(f): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2012
J12:

From the best of my knowledge she worked with the ministry of education for a very short period. Apart from that, she is a university graduate, that also means she's qualified to take-up that position given that the office of the perm sec can also be made through appointment.

So even if she wasn't promoted, she was appointed and there is nothing wrong with her appointment because she is qualified.

By appointment...gud enough. BUT we were told she was PROMOTED...its in black and white. Just wanted to know her previous position...guess no one knows...sad.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by medotorres(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2012
thank God ohh at least she don go her state now all dose disgrace wey she dey disgrace us for public go reduce only to her state alone.thank God for dat.cheesycheesy
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by PosCaricature: 9:28am On Jul 12, 2012
Is Patience Jonathan a civil servant? To my understanding, only the top senior officials in the civil service (grade level 15-17) are appointed as Perm. Sec. I stand to be corrected, anyway. Is Patience Jonathan a civil servant? To my understanding, only the top senior officials in the civil service (grade level 15-17) are appointed as Perm. Sec. I stand to be corrected, anyway. Is Patience Jonathan a civil servant? To my understanding, only the top senior officials in the civil service (grade level 15-17) are appointed as Perm. Sec. I stand to be corrected, anyway.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by alaoeri: 9:28am On Jul 12, 2012
J12:

Abeg go seat down your master BEAF even said is a wrong move. U haven't answer the question when did she resume from leave since 1999 to make her eligible for that post.
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by dorleey(f): 9:29am On Jul 12, 2012
She ΨåS̤̈̊ appointed Permanent Salary Earner. Politics i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria is a very wonderful puzzle!SMH!
Re: Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor by 1025: 9:29am On Jul 12, 2012
i even watched a programme in which jonathan was made the traditional ruler of his village only wake and see that it was a dream.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2013 In One Word? / Senate To Override President Buhari’s Veto On Two Bills / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.