Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket (23578 Views)

Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Ominous Dangers Of An Atiku Presidency / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Grave Implications Of APC Muslim-Muslim Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by naptu2: 5:37am On Jul 13, 2022
The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket – By Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa

1. They are usurpers with no legitimate party or structure, leveraging on their financial prowess to corner a ticket meant for genuine representatives of the working class.

2. They revel in parading dubious statistics, gathering a mob support without ideology or principle other than raw anger against the status quo, which their idols were part and parcel of.

3. The supposed anger of bourgeois renegades against their fellow capitalists can never result into any benefit for the masses that they have all wickedly trampled upon with glee.

4. What does Peter Obi offer or represent in present-day Nigeria other than ethnic and religious sentiments? Were those not the same factors that produced the error of the Buhari regime?

5. Are we not to rate aspirants in line with their track records? Or what exactly can we find for inspiration in Obi’s 8-year adventure in Anambra State?

6. Hajia Harira Jibril was gruesomely murdered in cold blood in Anambra State, yet the “peoples’ President” neither visited the family nor issue a single statement in condemnation.

7. Do we now hand over Nigeria to opportunists or inventors of commercial degrees?

8. Had the stained and leaking umbrella of the PDP shaded Obi, would he have ever emerged as the disgruntled representative of the disorganized “new movement”?

9. The Nigeria Labour Congress, promoters of Obi’s new-found Labour Party, has become a toothless entity, incapable of prosecuting any meaningful struggle since the advent of the APC administration, which has perfected the egregious style of persecuting or compromising all opposition strongholds.

10. The price for crass opportunism is a principled rejection of all its apostles and beneficiaries.

11. I cannot see the benefit for Nigeria in the Obi/Baba-Ahmed stillborn ticket, neither do I discern any marked difference between Atiku, Obi and Tinubu. In fact, a decamped or frustrated member of the oligarchy is worse than his masters.

*Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN)

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid021PNCNCMUsXtG2PSxtJF9EbtkVicB7YvT6qJMnFpV8koPeEf354Qz5TCkRxWBy8nXl&id=1340173454&m_entstream_source=timeline

63 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by naptu2: 5:37am On Jul 13, 2022
Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa San

TINUBU, ATIKU AND OBI

Dear friends and patriots,

I have read most of the comments in response to my posts on the three presidential aspirants.

I authored all the posts to the best of my understanding and based on my personal conviction.

I owe nobody any apology for my opinion and with all sense of humility, I bear no allegiance to any politician or political party. I am my own man and this is how I have been all my life. I will like to remain like this, GOD helping me.

I may be wrong and I may be right in my opinions but the least you can oblige me is my right to hold my personal opinion.

I thank you all for your kind comments and responses but be well assured that I am not answerable to ANYBODY other than God, for what I write or say.

We will discuss more, in the coming days.

God bless Nigeria.

Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, SAN
Lekki, Lagos.
12/07/2022.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid034FamXSAJRKMGkyfgoUK68G2uzYqhFbPMtgW24SQGckVoTonNcNVJ283wuaeicArQl&id=1340173454&m_entstream_source=timeline

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by naptu2: 5:37am On Jul 13, 2022
Reactions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by ItsGoodToBeGood: 5:38am On Jul 13, 2022
Lol,,, why Obi/Baba-Ahmed dey give people sleepless night like this.

Being OBIdient and YUSUful is the best way to go.

Shout out to MC VIN a.k.a. Wealth. Happy birthday bro. More awesome years to you.

161 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Tonypen247(m): 5:51am On Jul 13, 2022
Everyone wants to stay relevant using Peter Obi as a case study.

When anyone tries to bring you down, then know you are above them. cool

165 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by gidgiddy: 5:59am On Jul 13, 2022

6. Hajia Harira Jibril was gruesomely murdered in cold blood in Anambra State, yet the “peoples’ President” neither visited the family nor issue a single statement in condemnation

This is unfair. Should Peter Obi visit the family of anyone killed in Anambra or issue state on it?

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by sweetonugbu: 6:03am On Jul 13, 2022
There is no bad publicity, those who no no OBI go know am.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by fiizznation: 6:14am On Jul 13, 2022
The man is politically naive. Social media mob don't win elections. He should have aligned with NNPP maybe they might do some electoral damage to APC/PDP if they employ a very good PR team. LP lacks any structure, no coherency, no manifesto, no direction, no class. And if you don't have any of those things, you are not going anywhere.

Why did buhari finally won the election in 2015, well he went back to the drawing board. Just like how buhari was a regional politician pre-2015, that's exactly how Peter obi and kwankwaso are both regional politicians.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Dididrumz(m): 6:19am On Jul 13, 2022
Peter Obi for a better Nigeria.

I don't understand how someone with his/right senses will listen to Peter Obi talk and not want to give him a chance at the presidency.

Obi is smart, his running mart is smart.
They have good intentions for Nigeria.

#VotePeterObi

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by wolesmile(m): 6:19am On Jul 13, 2022
I am positive online Obidient YUSUFools will come for him now. More like, their PandoraObi is a sacred ground that shouldn't be touched. I have one on Facebook like that, that rains curses at will for seven years on anything Buhari, all because Nigerians refused to be ATIKUlated. He refers to all Buhari supporters as Buhari-dindinrins. Despite being a Yoruba, he canvasses everyday for a Biafra agenda. Today, he is Obidient (whatever that means.) He is even calling for online donations so they can air Obi's speaches online. Whoever told them elections could be won online? And if you dare express a contrary view, he lays curses on your generation and blocks you immediately. How Obidient!!!
Those that are ATIKUlated will rather try to convince you of why they want you to vote their candidate.
The BATIFIED ones will rather defend the candidacy of their choice.
But these OBIdient youths? Irrational, no strategy, prone to violence and all. I can bet those in the East are ready to maim or kill anybody that votes a different candidate come 2023.
Believe me, it's only by divine intervention that this entity called Nigeria can exist after 2023.

I come in peace.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by helinushorney: 6:19am On Jul 13, 2022
Yoruba Muslims are something else

Tueh!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by victorazy(m): 6:20am On Jul 13, 2022
Ok
Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Shikini: 6:20am On Jul 13, 2022
This piece is laughable, I swear.
This writer simply wants media attention.

The trend now to draw media attention is to criticise Obi.

38 Likes

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Melodydoctor: 6:20am On Jul 13, 2022
Okay na

1 Like

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by IKBARUTEN11(m): 6:20am On Jul 13, 2022
Whether they praise or condemn PO, he is my choice and that of my family

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Penguin2: 6:21am On Jul 13, 2022
So what is his solution to Nigeria’s problem?

And who is his candidate?

Sowore? grin

7 Likes

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by seunmsg(m): 6:21am On Jul 13, 2022
“They revel in parading dubious statistics, gathering mob support without ideology or principle other than raw anger against the status quo, which their idols were part and parcel of.

“The supposed anger of bourgeois renegades against their fellow capitalists can never result in any benefit for the masses that they have all wickedly trampled upon with glee.
Adegboriwa stated that Obi represented nothing more than ethnic and religious colourations in today’s Nigeria, adding that the same representations produced the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd,)’s regime.

“What does Peter Obi offer or represent in present-day Nigeria other than ethnic and religious sentiments? Were those not the same factors that produced the error of the Buhari regime?
Are we not to rate aspirants in line with their track records? Or what exactly can we find for inspiration in Obi’s eight-year adventure in Anambra State?” He asked.

Obi just dey collect wotowoto grin grin grin

Jokes apart though, the part in bold is why I can’t support Peter Obi in good conscience. He failed woefully as governor of Anambra state. There is absolutely nothing you can point to in the state as his legacy today. He’s a desperate man with nothing to offer. At best, he will be a downgraded version of Goodluck Jonathan.

161 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by bro4u: 6:23am On Jul 13, 2022
Are you a Christian? Make sure you attend service this Sunday.... things and things will be discussed.

#copied

5 Likes

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by canalily(m): 6:24am On Jul 13, 2022
Shut up and be obident oga....Rome wasn't built in a day. The earliest you join the moving and winning train the earliest you save your head from this revolution.... be warned

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by sleek214(m): 6:25am On Jul 13, 2022
Simply the truth. But children of Hate and Disrespect will come and insult him. That's all they know how to do

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by 27Pushing30: 6:25am On Jul 13, 2022
Only a literate will read and understand what the man has said.

He’s a SAN not a social media influencer… you have to be educated to see his excellent deductions.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Spizzy1: 6:26am On Jul 13, 2022
gidgiddy:

This is unfair. Should Peter Obi visit the family of anyone killed in Anambra or issue state on it?
He wants to play religious card here.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Dialpad: 6:26am On Jul 13, 2022
I am not sure Peter Obi ever condemned the activities of ipob or the ESN guys.

The same way Buhari was seen as a savior and redeemer in 2014/2015 is the same way some people see Peter Obi. I doubt if this man can deliver Nigeria in practical terms.

All I see is a bunch of angry youths who yearn for a change but lack the true capacity to do so, I also see 'undercover' tribal sentiments among many of his supporters, "our brother must be president"

Peter Obi knows and can explain the problems of Nigeria, I doubt if he has any real solution.

We are all here, let's watch as the drama unfolds.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by apopata: 6:27am On Jul 13, 2022
Obi is our next president

19 Likes

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by jmoore(m): 6:27am On Jul 13, 2022
Senior Advocate of Nonsense.

The man attacked Tinubu and Atiku. Now he's attacking Obi.

He has not mentioned the person that should be voted for.

For saying Obi is worse than the others, he's a FOOL!! Atiku was begging Islamist extremists for a post that condemned Deborah''s murder which means he endorsed killing for blasphemy.

All these clowns forming learned.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Kingcalls: 6:27am On Jul 13, 2022
How did this one pass law school?? Even if ur wickedness or geeed is intentional, don't display it... so we should vote for a party that has destroyed this country in all ramifications... This guy is a born fool and a born fool will he remain ....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by dazzlingd(m): 6:27am On Jul 13, 2022
Peter obi doesn’t know how to play politics, and shouldn’t expect a miracle to win a presidential seat. He should come 3rd though
The race is between apc and pdp

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima / 'I Am Leaving Nigeria As A Hero'‚ Jacob Zuma Gushes After Massive Statue Of Him / DOS VS Autopiloters. Simon Ekpa Replies IPOB Statement. Insists On Sit-At-Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.